Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Need some lovely Radek thunkin before heading off to sleepyland. Had the last week and a half off from work and now got to go back. *sigh*

Have fun

Comment

I'm back to work on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Have fun
        Sleeping or going back to work?

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        I'm back to work on Thursday
        Have fun.

It didn't feel like work today. My new product mixes do not keep me busy at all and I can't get management to understand that. I am not the only one in that situation. And when it does get busy, it comes in small waves and aren't challenging, course it will still be slow this week due to the Holidays.

I spent most of the day working on several youth group projects. Working to put together a scuba diving event - I have always wanted to learn myself. I don't feel bad because my work does allow us to do some volunteer work on company time.

Missed Zelenka thunkin though cause I can't do that at work!

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Sleeping or going back to work?
          Sleeping (especially since I can guess what (or who) you're going to dream about).

I spent most of the day working on several youth group projects. Working to put together a scuba diving event - I have always wanted to learn myself. I don't feel bad because my work does allow us to do some volunteer work on company time.
          Too bad I've never learned to swim

Missed Zelenka thunkin though cause I can't do that at work!
          Let me have a wild guess: A combination of corporate firewall and potential embarrassment

Comment

That's something I've never wanted to do, probably because I've seen too many people being sent to the decompression chamber with the bends

Comment

Sleeping (especially since I can guess what (or who) you're going to dream about).
              *Grins*

Ah yes, such pleasant dreams......

Originally posted by Pajus
              Too bad I've never learned to swim
              Something you and Radek have in common!

Let me have a wild guess: A combination of corporate firewall and potential embarrassment
              LOL. Yeah, both!
              Actually I can get onto Gateworld from work (I tried once just to see if I could) so it does go through the firewall but it is really slow. My company has a strict policy about no forums, downloading music, etc. even during lunchtime. They do monitor the amount of internet activity we do.
              My co-workers are sooooo not into Sci-fi, they just wouldn't understand *thunkin*

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              That's something I've never wanted to do, probably because I've seen too many people being sent to the decompression chamber with the bends
              Yeah, that is one of the risks if you go too deep and would be very scary if it happened. There is a scuba diving club at my work, so I may just try it one of these days. Scuba Diving is one of the things I have always wanted to try.

Pajus, zuz, you would be so proud of me. I work with some people in the Czech Republic and I had to get some information from them. I started out the e-mail with 'ahoj'. She was so surprised and flattered. It was fun. I will have to use a few other words like 'debuji'
              I had to cc someone in my department on the e-mail and they were like what is that in the e-mail.
              thanks zuz and Mrs. Sheppard for some of the lanugage lessons! It's nice to be able to apply them, even in limited capacity.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

The reason we have a chamber at work is because Gosport used to be the HQ of the Submarine fleet and the Solent is pretty deep with quite a few wrecks around.

It's nice to be able to surprise people with the odd Hello and Thank You in their native language

I do like that pic of Racek glaring

Comment

Pajus, zuz, you would be so proud of me. I work with some people in the Czech Republic and I had to get some information from them. I started out the e-mail with 'ahoj'. She was so surprised and flattered. It was fun. I will have to use a few other words like 'debuji'
                    I had to cc someone in my department on the e-mail and they were like what is that in the e-mail.
                    thanks zuz and Mrs. Sheppard for some of the lanugage lessons! It's nice to be able to apply them, even in limited capacity.
                    Awesome. I have one minor thing for you: Next time, you should write 'dekuji' (thank you) instead of 'debuji' (that's not even a word)

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    I do like that pic of Racek glaring
                    How do you know the Czech word for seagull?

Comment

Tryping erer

seriously, it's the Czech for seagull? maybe on some subconcious level I typed it because I live on the coast. Or, more than likely, I was still half asleep when I answered

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Tryping erer

seriously, it's the Czech for seagull? maybe on some subconcious level I typed it because I live on the coast. Or, more than likely, I was still half asleep when I answered
                        Radek = Name of our beloved character

Racek = Czech word for seagull

Comment

I would be flattered. It´s always nice to "hear" Czech language from someone else.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

D above C on a keyboard + typer trying to do three different things at once + being early in the morning = Typo

Comment

Awesome. I have one minor thing for you: Next time, you should write 'dekuji' (thank you) instead of 'debuji' (that's not even a word)
                              *snickers* guess Reefgirl isn't the only one who has problems typing on a keyboard!

LOL! Another word to put in my list!

Originally posted by Klenotka
                              I would be flattered. It´s always nice to "hear" Czech language from someone else.
                              I was a tad bit nervous when I did it because some cultures and countries are very sensitive when a non-native speaker tries a few words in their language - the big thing is knowing what is professionally correct. I work, e-mail and sometimes phone people from all over the world so I was glad she responded very positively.

sigpic

Comment

I was a tad bit nervous when I did it because some cultures and countries are very sensitive when a non-native speaker tries a few words in their language - the big thing is knowing what is professionally correct. I work, e-mail and sometimes phone people from all over the world so I was glad she responded very positively.

Czech language is among the most complicated laguages on this planet. Very few people are willing to learn anything beyond swering, so it's refreshing to see one such as you

Comment

Working...
                                X