No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder, if you haven't done so, you should go to David Nykl's official website and sign his guestbook. Let him know you support him. You get a cute auto response back from him. Click on the South Park Zelenka to get to the guestbook.

Also, check out his showreel. All the things you have to see David in!
    Last edited by watcher652; 20 October 2005, 10:55 PM.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Anyone care to take a crack at being Beta for a Zelenka based fic for me? My first attempt for that matter. No need to be gentle, just honest.

It's basically a conversation between Weir and Zelenka and a bit of his past.

Brill and thanks if someone feels like taking a shot, no probs if you'd rather not. I'll hammer it out in the end, either that or get bored with it

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
        Anyone care to take a crack at being Beta for a Zelenka based fic for me? My first attempt for that matter. No need to be gentle, just honest.

It's basically a conversation between Weir and Zelenka and a bit of his past.

Brill and thanks if someone feels like taking a shot, no probs if you'd rather not. I'll hammer it out in the end, either that or get bored with it
        I'd be glad to do it. Email it to me ([email protected]) as an attachment and I'll take a look. Just know that I'm a college music major, so it might take a while, depending on how long it is.

BTW, if you could provide translations for anything Zelenka says in Czech, I'd appreciate it. I don't speak a word of it, but I do look at characterization, so I need to know what's being said. Thanks.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Ta CK, should be winging its way to you now.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
            Anyone prefer Zelenka's hair the kinda shorter one we see at first opposed to the longer one later on? Good to see it longish though, holding up the standard for men with long hair (despite Kavanaghs attempts to ruin the reputation) long before Dex arrived!
            Longer all the way. :3 I love it being so poofy and fluffy!

This is the world we live in. These are the hands we're given. Use them and let's start trying, to make this a world worth living in.

Comment

Hey Guys! I've not been here for a while (over a month - personal reasons) and am TOO LAZY to read all the posts. I have just noticed you've been fighting over some english-czech translations. I can translate - no problem. Just shoot it.. I will try.

And to Veneticuss .... you better sometimes shut up dude.

BSG-CZ.NET
              People think that I am weird because I watch just and only sci-fi. He he he.

Comment

David is in that convention in Czech Republic this week, isnt he?
                Has anyone gone? Pictures ladies!

Comment

Yes, he is... and I can't go :'( I have to work... *sniffs*
                  ZELENKA: You know, you’re not pleasant when you’re like this, McKay.
                  McKAY: I’m always like this.
                  ZELENKA: My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin Olenko
                    David is in that convention in Czech Republic this week, isnt he?
                    Has anyone gone? Pictures ladies!
                    I'm gonna be there. I'll come back in sunday. So wait for pictures...

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

I am not gonna be there I am in United States right now still waiting for my Green Card.... so I cannot leave yet I would not be alowed to re-enter the country. That sucks big time! I'd like to go to Chotebor again! I love that place, especially if David is there

BSG-CZ.NET
                      People think that I am weird because I watch just and only sci-fi. He he he.

Comment

So first pic:

David just arrived at Prague Airport:

Comment

Oh my! Thanks for pointing that picture d3u5! He sure looks amazing!
                          Good convention for you and bring all the pics and reports you can get for us!
                          And if he's answering questions...ask him when he's planning to answer his fanmail...LOL

Comment

Few more pics.

http://meloun.humlak.cz/gallery/disp...album=38&pos=0

(Bread and solt is an old czech tradition, when somebody comes back home ... )

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                              http://www.kokeshnet.com/snorchl/nyklweb.jpg
                              Wow, great pics! He seems to be so friendly and in a good mood despite the long flight! Great that you could talk to him. How did you know when exactly he would arrive?
                              Bread and solt is an old czech tradition, when somebody comes back home
                              There seem to be quite a few traditions with salt and bread, it's also known here in Germany: When someone moves into a new house the neighbours come by and bring salt and bread as a welcome present. And it's common to give salt and bread to a bridal couple on their wedding day. As far as I know salt (a very precious commodity in the past) and bread symbolise prosperity and sedentariness.

Bye, A.
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

So first pic:

wow, he looks so dishy! Yummy!
                                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                                The Strongest Will Survive!
                                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Working...
                                X