No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radek: Rodney, it's been 5 days since someone posted on my thread. I realize we're in between seasons, and that I'm just a recurring character, but still, you'd think there would have been something.

Rodney: Don't worry, Radek. Once the new season starts, I'm sure the thunkers will be back. Unfortunately, the next repeat episode in the US is Sanctuary and you're not in it, but you'll be back soon.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

GateWorld has a new video interview with David Nykl. Contains spoilers for the Season 2 episode Duet.

Nykl: Don't look so worried, David, I said some nice things about you.

Hewlett: Whew, ok then. I'll return the favor the next time I'm interviewed by GateWorld.

Nykl: And you don't have to look so worried, either, Rainbow. You get a mention, too.

Rainbow: Oh? I do? Well, thanks!

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_warbaby
        Ohh nice sig Blue_Banrigh!

And as for the informal poll.... I like Zelenka trimmed!
        really...trimmed, huh?

I guess I can appreciate that. I just love the character choice of his seeming completely oblivious to what his hair looks like. And--the higher powers forbid--can we at least agree that they shouldn't lose the glasses?!?

(Do you prefer trimmed and buff Daniel, too?)
        "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
        "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
        "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
        --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
          I'll just somehow rephrase that differently :]

its morelike: I don't understand, what do you mean, just like sitting here and chatting with you? So, fine, ok, let's try it.

btw, all translations can be found in the first post of this thread, including this one
          Very good!

I think you translated this monologue the best way it could have been done :-)

BSG-CZ.NET
          People think that I am weird because I watch just and only sci-fi. He he he.

Comment

As far as i'm concerned, CAN and USA or DEN and SWE were never joined together before as CZE and SLO sure were. ;]
            I would like to notice, that this is not exactly the true. CZE and SLO were never in the same state (If you don't count the Austrian monarchy). The truth is, that CZE and SVK were united in one state from 1918 till 1993.
            I am very sorry to see that even "our czech brothers" do not distinguish between SLO (Slovenia - part of former Yugoslavia) and SVK (Slovakia)

Comment

Oh yeah, my mistake with the SLO and SVK :],
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

The truth is, that CZE and SVK were united in one state from 1918 till 1993.
                no, that isnt true

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk on the Zelenka pics that have been out for ages (and now are just up on GW) - is it because everyone is avoiding spoilers or something else? Because if it's spoilers I'd be happy to cut the Zelenka's out and post the then non-spoilery Zelenka's up.

Comment

Originally posted by thor_
                    no, that isnt true
                    Your are right, I did not count the WWII period

Comment

Zelenka pics? Where? Could you post the links to the pics and the non-spoilery version of the pics? That would be greatly appreciated.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                        Zelenka pics? Where? Could you post the links to the pics and the non-spoilery version of the pics? That would be greatly appreciated.
                        Well the pictures are up on GW under episodes and also here
                        http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/
                        Under episodic photos and season 2.
                        But if you want pictures with no spoilers I've uploaded the pcitures with some edited versions to this folder on my photobucket account.
                        http://photobucket.com/albums/y206/purpleyin/zelenka/

Comment

Crossposting here because I thought you guys would like it.

Comment

It is so cute. It shows both of my favorite men.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Ok guys, i want to ask you whether you want this thread to stay here in the Character's category, or if it should be moved to the General discussion?
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Ok guys, i want to ask you whether you want this thread to stay here in the Character's category, or if it should be moved to the General discussion?
                                More people visit the Character section than the General, so why not leave it here?
                                Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Working...
                                X