Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3u5
    Its not Czechoslovakia! Since 1993 are we Czech Republic and Slovakia!

Sorry, but I hate when somebody says Czechoslovakia
    That aint really a difference, same thing for me. It doesnt really matter ;]
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
      Of course I could
      Yeah, many collage students has part-time jobs. Mostly like bartenders, waiters and other summer jobs.
      I'd rather prefer teaching

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Radek and Rodney in Hot Zone. Prime not prime.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

More from Hot Zone.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

And one more from Hot Zone.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
              Maybe it's his "wife" that he was talking to. I read on this forum about a Zelenka centric episode so maybe we meet his wife or find out what her story is. I have an interesting but sad idea concerning his wife but I'm crazy.
              So...Where's the fanfic, then?

I just can't get enough of smart, sweet, and a little bit geeky guys saving the world. It's the new tall, dark, and handsome, you know. Mind you, there's a little room for both in this wide world.

(phew! I haven't posted in FOREVER...it's nice to be back. Hi, everyone!)
              "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
              "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
              "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
              --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                That aint really a difference, same thing for me. It doesnt really matter ;]
                So, Canada and the US are the same too? Just like Denmark and Sweden? 'Cause it doesn't really matter, does it?

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                  So, Canada and the US are the same too? Just like Denmark and Sweden? 'Cause it doesn't really matter, does it?
                  As far as i'm concerned, CAN and USA or DEN and SWE were never joined together before as CZE and SLO sure were. ;]

Comment

David Nykl - “Já tomu teda vubec nerozumím, co to tady s tím jako myslíte, že jako tady budu takhle sedet a jen tak si s váma bavit, no, no tak jo, no tak zkusíme to.”

Could someone please translate this into English so far I have found it difficult to translate it using some software I have feeling it may not be in Czech.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                      David Nykl - “Já tomu teda vubec nerozumím, co to tady s tím jako myslíte, že jako tady budu takhle sedet a jen tak si s váma bavit, no, no tak jo, no tak zkusíme to.”

Could someone please translate this into English so far I have found it difficult to translate it using some software I have feeling it may not be in Czech.
                      It is in czech it's something like: "I do not understand that, what do you think, you think that I will sit here and chat with you, so, so, so OK, let's try it."

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Thanks for that! I was just wondering the same thing too!

Comment

I'll just somehow rephrase that differently :]

its morelike: I don't understand, what do you mean, just like sitting here and chatting with you? So, fine, ok, let's try it.

btw, all translations can be found in the first post of this thread, including this one
                          Last edited by veneticuss; 11 June 2005, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hello, Kim--Welcome to the forum!
                            It's a lovely virtual place to be.

And, so this in on topic...Zelenka's great, and he's a perfect surprise character--one you didn't really expect to be a big part of the show (and who, it seems, wasn't planned as one), but who's just perfect. I'm so pleased to see that that's been recognized, and to learn that we're going to continue to see him used.

I'm wondering if they'll let him stay scruffy, or if they'll trim him up. I hope he stays scruffy, but what do you all think?

Informal poll: You've seen his publicity shots...scruffy or trimmed?
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                            --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Zelenka's had promo shots?

Comment

Ohh nice sig Blue_Banrigh!

And as for the informal poll.... I like Zelenka trimmed!

Comment

Working...
                                X