No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRW you just had an side effect of following this man.... especially since he's a Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
      *cheeky grin* Yup,I slipped and fell right into Radek's impressive body of work...certain parts were definitely very impressive. lol Anyone's brain go boom thinking about Radek's impressive body of work? Is David's new movie full of Nykl or just a few scenes? Since money is tight,I wanna buy movies that have David in at least half of the movie for me to consider buying it. Wicked pix Ever!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
      Crimson...Crimson...Crimson..... *BOOM*

My DVD comes tomorrow (hopefully) so if no ones posted by then, I will let you know after I watch it! David has credited billing and is one of the people trapped so I think (and hope) he's got more than just a few scenes. I'm kind of like you a bit...David gets credited on several movies (Seamstress, Helen) and then his roles are so small that for fans of his, it gets disappointing not to get to see more of him!

Dan Payne is the main male lead in the movie, the journey is about his character and his character's family so David's role is definitely not the main role.

You can get the movie for a pretty decent price on Amazon right now, though their is shipping charges unless you are ordering other stuff where you can get shipping free.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

David posted this pic on Twitter today.

Spoiler:

I don't know about you but I love beards! I almost didn't recognize David!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post

Yeah, I have to admit, even though Carson's my fave, I am being drawn more to Radek recently. Maybe it's something to do with that I'm watching through Series 4 currently and he's been in it quite a lot so far. And, well, Carson's... not there...
          Yeah Season 4 was not my favorite...it was so...Carson-less D: and I wasn't a fan of Keller until she saved Clone!Carson. So I slipped over to Radek for that season. At least until Kindred 1 & 2, when I saw our favorite Scot's clone show up and the collective WTF look on the team's faces when they saw him...priceless! xD *wanders back over to the Carson thread since I can't stay on topic here in Radek's thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
            *cheeky grin* Yup,I slipped and fell right into Radek's impressive body of work...certain parts were definitely very impressive. lol Anyone's brain go boom thinking about Radek's impressive body of work? Is David's new movie full of Nykl or just a few scenes? Since money is tight,I wanna buy movies that have David in at least half of the movie for me to consider buying it. Wicked pix Ever!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
            Just got done watching 'Christmas Miracle'. David is in most of the movie - more than half. It's a cute movie - should have been on the Hallmark channel..... I'd recommend getting it if you have a David collection. The movie is also out on YouTube if you want to watch it on YouTube for about $3.99 - though with YouTube it is not available world wide, someone else has confirmed that the UK and Czech Republic can't get it.

I enjoyed the movie!
            sigpic

Comment

Aw, I can't find it on YouTube...
              I don't have a 'David collection', but I wouldn't mind - seen enough of Hewlett now, need more Nykl! I think all I've seen him in outside of Stargate is the first ep of Continuum and of course Voodoo. So yeah, barely anything outside SG...
              Well, the film Helen is available on iTunes, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Have you seen it, Rose? Is it good?
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                Aw, I can't find it on YouTube...
                I don't have a 'David collection', but I wouldn't mind - seen enough of Hewlett now, need more Nykl! I think all I've seen him in outside of Stargate is the first ep of Continuum and of course Voodoo. So yeah, barely anything outside SG...
                Well, the film Helen is available on iTunes, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Have you seen it, Rose? Is it good?
                Here's a link...you need to have a YouTube account to sign in so you can watch the movie. It does cost $3.99.
                http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DImIWYBt3q5Y

If you are checking out David Nykl movies - you should look at getting "The Beast of Bottomless Lake"
                David has the lead role so he's in most of it! He really is wonderful in this cute movie.
                If you go to this website, you might still be able to order the movie: http://www.provostpictures.com/
                It's kind of expensive -it's an Independent movie and they had to find another source to make the DVD as the place that made most of the world's DVD's; was taken out by a typoon - I think it was a typoon..it's been awhile. David has the lead and the movie is really good and funny!

Yes, I have seen Helen. The movie itself I thought was good. It's really dark and depressing though - it's dealing with depression, however David has maybe 10 seconds screen time so if you blink you may miss him. Hewlett is also in it as the main character's ex-husband and he has much more screen time. David Nykl's character was her best friend - that didn't come out in the movie, I suspect those scenes may have gotten cut because the greater focus was on her relationship with another woman who was also suffering from depression. I was bummed that David's role wasn't bigger in Helen..several of the actors in the movie I enjoy watching on TV.
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 October 2012, 04:30 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks lots, Rose! Might watch Christmas Miracle sometime over the weekend.
                  Oh yes, I've seen you mention Beast Of Bottomless Lake a few times, sounds good. You're not wrong about the price though, ouch...
                  Hmm, he's only in Helen about the same amount as Continuum, by the sound of it, doh! Oh well, that's still a maybe, perhaps when I feel like seeing any more Hewlett as well. (Which might be for a while! )
                  Thanks again.
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Actually he's in Continuum longer than he is in Helen...that should give you an idea of how much screen time he gets in Helen!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh... that much, huh? Oh well...

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Found something great on tumblr yesterday. (:
                        sigpic
                        FireflySunrise on youtube. (:
                        HeckYeahPatrickGilmore.tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                          Found something great on tumblr yesterday. (:
                          http://i48.tinypic.com/21nf7yd.jpg
                          OMG...that's just awesome Snowdrop. Love it, love it love it!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

My reaction exactly. =D The photographer said she took more but he chose that one. I wish she would post the rest. ;-;
                            sigpic
                            FireflySunrise on youtube. (:
                            HeckYeahPatrickGilmore.tumblr

Comment

I suppose she can't post the others without his permission since they are not official pictures.

Not seeing the other ones though I can see why David would pick this one...

There's like this whole other side to him that we haven't seen on screen yet...kind of dangerous..kind of haunting...there's a story behind those eyes. It really makes me want to see him in a character that fits this pic!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                I suppose she can't post the others without his permission since they are not official pictures.

Not seeing the other ones though I can see why David would pick this one...

There's like this whole other side to him that we haven't seen on screen yet...kind of dangerous..kind of haunting...there's a story behind those eyes. It really makes me want to see him in a character that fits this pic!!!!
                                agree completely! Who knows, maybe David has plans for somthing like that...OR he just wants to keep us guessing

Comment

Working...
                                X