No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, did you have english subtitles when he was saying something in the czech language?
    I don't know if Radek's Czech lines were modified not to be so .. nasty I watch SGA in original english version.
    Last edited by Samantha.Majka; 24 January 2011, 11:56 AM.
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
      Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't get it finished, but what I had is gone. Pooks got to read it though. Sorry Rose. Thanks for the tears though.
      Yeah, I still have the last chapter to finish in mine. My mind keeps taking certain aspects in different directions though I do have the end goal in mind!

Aweee, David/Zelenka can be so inspiring!

Actually, fanfic aside - David is pretty inspiring with his creativity and fun personality!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'm rather glad I don't understand Czech when he curses. Then I can just listen to the accent rather than get caught up in the words.
        I think it adds to Zelenka's charm that we can't actually understand what he says. We just know that he's either really excited or really ticked off about something and that's kind of one of the funnies with his character!

Originally posted by Hiccups
        Hey, do you think anyone could get him to read a Czech phone book or a dictionary with the accent?
        David or Radek? Post something on his blog, you never know maybe David might have some time and be in a humorous mood to post something silly like that!

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka
        Btw, did you have english subtitles when he was saying something in the czech language?
        I don't know if Radek's Czech lines were modified not to be so .. nasty I watch SGA in original english version.
        No, we didn't get any English subtitles. There's not alot of that with American audiences unless you go to a foreign film festival.

Plus with David saying some of what he said was real Czech swearing...it's probably best not to have subtitles and if they did do subtitles, they would have had to tone it down!

Course it's not too hard to figure out 'idiot' - sounds like that word is the same in Czech as it is in English!
        sigpic

Comment

I bet he'd be a ball to work with. I volunteer!
          sigpic

Comment

I agree. It is interesting, when we watch english tv show, we always have subtitles for everything, even for swearing . And yes, a couple of words sound same like english ones.

Btw, Nykl is so funny and cool One fan asked him who is the most favourite actor and character for him. And do you want to know what he said?
            Nykl: "David Nykl and Radek Zelenka."

I don't know if you know this interview...
            Spoiler for the "naughty" topic:
            Spoiler:
            Second question:
            Guy: "Would you like to try a kissing scene with a man?"
            Nykl: "Who sent this question? *laughs*I don't know .. ehm .. actor has to do a lot of things ... it depends who would it be. And how much they pay, of course *laughs*

Next question:
            Guy: "Are you married?"
            Nykl: It is a question from the same guy, isn't it? *laughs again*

It was really funny
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post

In France they dubbed French phrases on Czech... You understand why I hate watching the tv show in French?

That's why now i watch it directly on american or british channel

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Apparently the writers made notes in the script where they wanted Zelenka to speak Czech and David gets to say what ever he wants and according to David, it's alot of swearing! It doesn't get censored except maybe in the Czech Republic.

I liked how they let his character do that. I would have been nice to see some of the other non-English as main language nationalities get to do the same thing.
                Yeah like the German and Russian military... and they should have a finn on because finnish is amazing to listen to. *dreams happily of non English charactors on SG*

Comment

I think it adds to Zelenka's charm that we can't actually understand what he says. We just know that he's either really excited or really ticked off about something and that's kind of one of the funnies with his character!

David or Radek? Post something on his blog, you never know maybe David might have some time and be in a humorous mood to post something silly like that!

No, we didn't get any English subtitles. There's not alot of that with American audiences unless you go to a foreign film festival.

Plus with David saying some of what he said was real Czech swearing...it's probably best not to have subtitles and if they did do subtitles, they would have had to tone it down!

Course it's not too hard to figure out 'idiot' - sounds like that word is the same in Czech as it is in English!
                  lol indeed. English also got Robot from the Czechs! wow my ancestors are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                    Yeah like the German and Russian military... and they should have a finn on because finnish is amazing to listen to. *dreams happily of non English charactors on SG*
                    Because European accents are so exotic and exciting? He he he (And yes, I know those are my words, but someone around here agreed with them. )
                    sigpic

Comment

European Accents are definitely exotic ()... Except French accent... (Really, this accent is just awful...).
                      David's accent when he plays Radek is just awesome! Beside, his accent is easy to understand (As a non Native English, I think that Joe Flanigan's accent is a bit difficult to understand, sometimes, whereas David Nykl's accent or Paul McGillion's accent in the TV are comprehensible... and... ♥).
                      All the same... European accents... ♥
                      sigpic

Comment

I bet he'd be a ball to work with. I volunteer!
                        It would be an interesting experience, wouldn't it. Acting is hard work. David works pretty hard, he just makes it looks easy!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                          I agree. It is interesting, when we watch english tv show, we always have subtitles for everything, even for swearing . And yes, a couple of words sound same like english ones.

Btw, Nykl is so funny and cool One fan asked him who is the most favourite actor and character for him. And do you want to know what he said?
                          Nykl: "David Nykl and Radek Zelenka."

I don't know if you know this interview...
                          Spoiler for the "naughty" topic:
                          Spoiler:
                          Second question:
                          Guy: "Would you like to try a kissing scene with a man?"
                          Nykl: "Who sent this question? *laughs*I don't know .. ehm .. actor has to do a lot of things ... it depends who would it be. And how much they pay, of course *laughs*

Next question:
                          Guy: "Are you married?"
                          Nykl: It is a question from the same guy, isn't it? *laughs again*

It was really funny
                          LOL. That was cute! I don't think I've run across that interview. I wonder how he knew the questions were from a man! A woman could ask the same question!

Originally posted by Utopia! View Post
                          European Accents are definitely exotic ()... Except French accent... (Really, this accent is just awful...).
                          Many American's love French accents!

David's accent when he plays Radek is just awesome! Beside, his accent is easy to understand (As a non Native English, I think that Joe Flanigan's accent is a bit difficult to understand, sometimes, whereas David Nykl's accent or Paul McGillion's accent in the TV are comprehensible... and... ♥).
                          LOL. I'm American so I don't think Joe has an accent at all.

David and Paul's accents are sooooooooo fine!

All the same... European accents... ♥
                          European accents are cool and alot of fun to listen to, though my personal favorite is the Australian accent, followed by the Scottish accent!
                          sigpic

Comment

4x11 Be All My Sins Remember'd

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

European accents are cool and alot of fun to listen to, though my personal favorite is the Australian accent, followed by the Scottish accent!
                              David's accent is just fine with me. I could listen to him any time. Talk Zelenka to me! Talk Nykl to me! It doesn't matter to me as long as the Nykl has that sweet, kind fun that we all know and love about David in the voice. (When he does a stone cold killer, it gives me the willies. Good acting David.)
                              sigpic

Comment

I can tell I'm getting tired. *giggles* I just had a fun thought. What would be the perfect job?

David's make up artist?
                                David's barber?

No.

Making sure David's eyes stay blue.

Anybody else got one?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X