Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Supposedly, unless there is a rewrite, Radek is suppose to have a very nice role in the movie 'Extinction'.
    He will be in the new SG movie? YeY !!
    I have to say, I haven't watched SGA season 5 .. I am afraid of it I watched only season 4.
    But I loved Zelenka's lines. And I was watching ne video where he told that the lnes he had in Czech was comming from his head. It wasn't prepared He is cool
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=20505

You can't see David's face too well but you will recognize his hairstyle!
      I think David said it was like -18 outside when he made that commercial. They had medical people on the set to make sure he didn't get hypothermia! Ah, the things actors do for their craft!
      Rose, that's it! You found it. I searched and searched for that this morning, but my link to that site was gone and two search engines wouldn't spit it out to save my life. Thanks.

At a few conventions, when David was on stage, to acknowledge some of the fanfiction that's out there, he read from a romance novel and had two convention attendee's get up on stage and act out what he was reading. He always manage to pick out some rather saucy scenes - the results were hilarious.
      I guess it's a good thing then mine went down with the tubes when my computer crashed.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I don't understand a word he's saying, but it certainly sounds like he's ad-libbing. Lots of Czech in Tao of Rodney.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Yeah. I don't understand a word he's saying, but it certainly sounds like he's ad-libbing. Lots of Czech in Tao of Rodney.
          Apparently the writers made notes in the script where they wanted Zelenka to speak Czech and David gets to say what ever he wants and according to David, it's alot of swearing! It doesn't get censored except maybe in the Czech Republic.

I liked how they let his character do that. I would have been nice to see some of the other non-English as main language nationalities get to do the same thing.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I suppose if some of the other supporting characters were as non-English speaking as Zelenka, they might have. But as far as I can tell, he was the only one, wasn't he? None of the other non-English speakers were really that well used/known/in the forefront.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
              I suppose if some of the other supporting characters were as non-English speaking as Zelenka, they might have. But as far as I can tell, he was the only one, wasn't he? None of the other non-English speakers were really that well used/known/in the forefront.
              There were quite a few other non-English speaking character, just not ones with as prominent roles as Radek. One comes to mind quickly is the German lady scientist in 'Duet' - I would love to have heard her muttering in German about Rodney!

The characters didn't need to have prominent supporting roles, it could have been two characters talking in their native language when Sheppard, McKay or one of the other characters came up to them, walked by them, etc....just stuff that would happen in real life.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, indeed. It would have been pretty cool. I'm glad we get to hear Zelenka swear at any rate.
                sigpic

Comment

I think it would be hilarious to find out that he had been swearing creatively. For example to find out that he had said something like, "You lemon-headed bulbous freak!" in Czech when talking about McKay. Nothing they would have to bleep, but hilarious nonetheless.
                  sigpic

Comment

There are translation all over this thread with what Zelenka said. Someone else also made a You-Tube video with the translations; though I am not sure it included stuff from season 5. Haven't watch it in awhile.

When our Czech friends on GW visited this thread regularly, we did get the cleaned up version here on this thread of what Radek said. The majority of what David said would have gotten bleeped in English.
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you mean about this video ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                        Rose, that's it! You found it. I searched and searched for that this morning, but my link to that site was gone and two search engines wouldn't spit it out to save my life. Thanks.
                        I shamelessly bookmarked it!

Originally posted by Hiccups
                        I guess it's a good thing then mine went down with the tubes when my computer crashed.
                        Buuuuttttttt....buuuuutttttt.....now we won't get to read it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melena View Post
                          LOL. Probably. It's been so long since I've seen it. They kept the translations rather tame!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melena View Post

*sigh* still makes my heart skip a beat when I hear his beautiful Czech voice! *squeee*

Comment

I shamelessly bookmarked it!

Buuuuttttttt....buuuuutttttt.....now we won't get to read it!
                              Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't get it finished, but what I had is gone. Pooks got to read it though. Sorry Rose. Thanks for the tears though.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm rather glad I don't understand Czech when he curses. Then I can just listen to the accent rather than get caught up in the words. Hey, do you think anyone could get him to read a Czech phone book or a dictionary with the accent?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X