Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    Good morning (or afternoon), whumpers!

I've pretty much let go of getting reviews. Knowing people are reading the fics through the last chapter is close to being enough for me. It's nice to know people are still finding my stories and reading them.
    Just the one review is okay. I might have said in a previous post that 'reviews' after the title written in drippy blood red is conspicuous by its absence. All it takes is one to sort it! I hate watching other writers' fics sink with no reviews, so try to find something to say if I see that happening, though it isn't always easy!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone! Just wanted to thank all the writers who signed up for the Secret Santa exchange! We have 21 authors on board so that is very exciting! I'll go home tonight and match people up to wants and dislikes and so forth. Then pick names out of a hat. I Hope to have sent everyone an e-mail sometime on Saturday. I wanted to thank everyone for bearing with me on some of the e-mail. I don't have the net at home, so I do what I can at work when I have time, then respond using my cell phone when I'm at home!

However, I'm moving this weekend and after a long four months should have the internet back at casa Kristen next week!

I'm also still a little behind on reading, although about 85% caught up on the Picture Challenges!

I'm also here for a self pimp:

everybetty and I finished our little epic that took all summer to write and almost fried our brains!

“Long Ago (And Far Away)"

http://kristen999.livejournal.com/247944.html

It is our WWII-based AU. It is 90k words, but will chopped up into ten chapters to be posted over the next two weeks for easy reading. It also has over 40 pictures that the wonderful Tridget worked her heart out on putting together with wonderful layers and backgrounds!

Yes, there is plenty of whump, just give it time.
      My fanfic-
      http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Well I see GW has been mucking about again. Honestly, what *is* going on with the site, it's crashing every day recently!!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi All!

Thought I would catch up but could not find us.
          We slipped to the second page

Had to put us back on page one.
          Now I am off to catch up!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
            Hi All!

Thought I would catch up but could not find us.
            We slipped to the second page

Had to put us back on page one.
            Now I am off to catch up!
            That's because the flipping site has been down off and on for most of the afternoon - so I think people have given up trying to log on and post!
            sigpic

Comment

OH!
              I just found time now to turn on the computer.

I am finding that GW is very, very slow most days though.

Comment

Originally posted by daechil View Post
                Hello,
                I'm a long time lurker (you can tell by my post count)
                But thought you might like to know that People's Choice nominations are up--and hey they accept write ins.

Thought Joe deserved his own award...
                http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/
                welcome! Glad you delurked. thanks for the link too.

Well, I took the plunge and signed up for the H/C Secret Santa, too. I need to write under a time deadline to get my brain back into gear. I may regret it, but I want to try it!
                yay! Welcome to the collective madness

has gw been squirrely for anyone else today?
                sigpic
                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                  I just got here, so I don't know..............

It seems to be work alright for now
                  *fingers crossed*
                  hope it stays that way.

Comment

Howdy, whumpers! So, The Brotherhood is up next on the re-watch, right? One of my favorite eps. Loooove Robert Davi.

Made some siggies for y'all (are you surprised? ). Snurch if you want:

Enjoy the rewatch!

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                      Heck yeah. 9 times out of 10 when I've tried to come on it's been down.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Csom!!

Love all your siggies!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                          Thanks Csom!!

Love all your siggies!
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                            Hello whumpers!!

My apologies for the long absence (again!). How are we all?

Having failed to produce a con report last time JF was in Melbourne, I managed to produce one this time! It's on my LJ, if you're interested.

Me too. I missed last years.
                            lauriel!!!!! So good to see you again! Missed ya sweetie!

Grrr...I'm having trouble getting into the Creation site again to order photo ops for LA. The link rarely works for me. Can anyone please post the url for me, please? I may be able to get in if I type it in myself. Many thanks!
                            Ticket link! http://www.creationent.com/tickets.htm
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tridget View Post
                              Nice to see so many people signed up. I was certain that when I finished one last writing thing I had signed up for, I was going to take a break and finish a few other stories I had been working on. But then the h/c santa came along and I couldn't resist...
                              same here but this generally happens when I'm writing novel stories. Somewhere along the way, I take anywhere from a month to six months off then come back fresh and make a lot of progress. (usually I finish!) . In the downtime, I write other stuff LOL

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Well I see GW has been mucking about again. Honestly, what *is* going on with the site, it's crashing every day recently!!
                              Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Heck yeah. 9 times out of 10 when I've tried to come on it's been down.
                              glad it's not me. though it seems the forum servers have had some issues lately..... One error I saw looked db related.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thought we needed a Whump picture!

Comment

Working...
                                X