No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Thanks for the update - I heard about this on the news last night. I think there may be a few cases here in the US. What's a little spooky is this flu has human, pig, and bird components, meaning it can move among multiple species (pigs and humans are quite close on a DNA and protein level).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shepsgirl72 View Post

I liked Hot Zone, but was I the only one who found Shep a bit arrogant in that episode? It's the frst time I wanted to put him across my knee and spank him...er...no...actually, that's not strictly true...
      IMO whoever the writer was made both Sheppard and Weir a bit OOC in order to generate the conflict. For example, Weir locking Sheppard in the gym was a ridiculous way for her to treat her military commander, especially in front of people who have to respect his authority, like Bates and Teyla. A person with Weir's experience in whatever her field is (diplomacy? negotiation? mediation?) would not humiliate and undermine someone like that.
      That is a failure on the writer's part. I think in that situation (a virus carrier on the loose), a better writer could have shown the conflict without forcing the characters to be so thoughtless.

But I do like action-Sheppard, and I like his angsty look when he gazes at Peterson's (er, maybe not Peterson, I mean the crazed virus carrier heading toward the control room) corpse. And he looks nice and yummy in the end scene.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
        I've just finished posting my short Sheppard and Ronon story, A Sure Anchor (gen, 16,000 words, and containing lots of Shep whump, of course.) You can read it in a single file here, or in four parts on LJ starting here, or on ff.net starting here.

OT:

Spoiler:
        It's a new alternative to LJ, which has been set up to be friendly to fandom. (There have been problems in the past with LJ banning the journals who write adult-rated fanfic.) It's currently in closed beta, and you can only get an account there if you're invited by someone who's already got one, but I believe they're opening things up after April 30th. A lot of people in the world of fandom (though not me!) have already got accounts there - though most seem to be cross-posting to LJ.
        A new story. Bookmarked for weekend reading.

Thanks for the info about Dreamwidth. Sounds interesting.

Originally posted by Skylore View Post
        O'Neill has been known to say magnets as his contribution to tech questions whenever Carter is figuring out the solution. It's his answer for everything.

It's okay to be geeky. I'm more comfortable with the label now although like you, I don't really see myself as such.
        I had no idea about the magnets and O'Neill. Keep thinking I should tackle SG1 but that is alot to tackle.

I'm very comfortable being called geeky but it has taken me a while.

Originally posted by lily View Post
        OT - About my sister
        Spoiler:
        She went to see the doc today to remove the drain tube and bottle she had. She has to go back next week and the doc will tell her some exercises she needs to do (to move the arm).

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers.
        Sounds like good news. Glad to hear it Lily.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        RL serious geekery (well I am a bio grad student). Conversation between 2 bio grad students...

B: I found out my dog had a tapeworm - little one.
        J: How big? (J studies snakes and parasites)
        That is geeky. Love it.

SA - Please take care and stay safe. I'm in touch with my family. All are good so far but it sounds very scary.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          Bleurgh - i refuse to get a faceache on principle.
          Spoiler:
          I've had people ask me ace to face if i want to go to their party and when i've asked for details said "Oh it's all on facebook" and when i've said i don't have one said "Well that's where the details are if you want to go."

Um, so you can't just tell me? While i'm stood here? Or email it to me? We work in the same building, i could even come to your office?

Nope, apparently if you don't have a Facebook, you're not worth knowing.
          And at most of these things, all they talk about if fricking FB and if you look perplexed just say in that condescending way "Well if you had one, you'd know."

Snap. I refuse on principle to get sucked into the social networking clique of FB et al. I once opened a MySpace account, solely because I wanted to read an article (linked to off LJ) that was posted on a MySpace page, and within like an hour I had THREE friend requests from total strangers!! Who the hell wants to "friend" a total stranger, with whom they've never spoken or interacted and whose account is 20 minutes old and contains NO information, over the internet?!! And WHY?!! Made me even more convinced those sites are not for me!

I have no desire to post status updates, post pictures of my life or get "poked", or whatever it is. Anyone in my life (whether RL people or online folks) whom I want to stay in touch with I have email addresses for or I post stuff on LJ etc. That's enough for me. I don't need to get back in touch with random people from my past - if I haven't stayed in touch with them by this point, then there's probably a reason why!

OT - About my sister
          Spoiler:
          She went to see the doc today to remove the drain tube and bottle she had. She has to go back next week and the doc will tell her some exercises she needs to do (to move the arm).

Thanks for letting us know how she's doing. All sounds very positive. (((hugs))))

Time for bed now - for the 2 or so hours sleep I will get before Aimee wants feeding again! Also, I have formula down the inside of my dressing gown sleeve after she decided to spit up while I was burping her. Ahhhh.... motherhood!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            Snap. I refuse on principle to get sucked into the social networking clique of FB et al. I once opened a MySpace account, solely because I wanted to read an article (linked to off LJ) that was posted on a MySpace page, and within like an hour I had THREE friend requests from total strangers!! Who the hell wants to "friend" a total stranger, with whom they've never spoken or interacted and whose account is 20 minutes old and contains NO information, over the internet?!! And WHY?!! Made me even more convinced those sites are not for me!

I have no desire to post status updates, post pictures of my life or get "poked", or whatever it is. Anyone in my life (whether RL people or online folks) whom I want to stay in touch with I have email addresses for or I post stuff on LJ etc. That's enough for me. I don't need to get back in touch with random people from my past - if I haven't stayed in touch with them by this point, then there's probably a reason why!
            Thats exactly my take on it too I keep getting told to go on Facebook and I just completely refuse too, which as a 21 year old student people find odd But the more people tell me too the more I refuse, I do not want old 'friends' from school pretending we were friends back then just so they can up their 'friend' numbers

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

SA Thanks for the update - I heard about this on the news last night. I think there may be a few cases here in the US. What's a little spooky is this flu has human, pig, and bird components, meaning it can move among multiple species (pigs and humans are quite close on a DNA and protein level).
              no wonder! this influenza news is almost in every single web site front page of the main newspapers around the world!

and yeah, the biological aspects are even more interesting-scary...

Comment

Originally posted by maggs View Post
                SA - Please take care and stay safe. I'm in touch with my family. All are good so far but it sounds very scary.
                told you.....people here are not talking about anything else, and some are freaking out....but, as far as it goes, it seems the epidemic is controled, but the measures are staying for a while, so, from my POV there is no reason to panic, just being precacious...(precavido)

oh well....let's whump

Comment

Thanks for letting us know how she's doing. All sounds very positive. (((hugs))))

Time for bed now - for the 2 or so hours sleep I will get before Aimee wants feeding again! Also, I have formula down the inside of my dressing gown sleeve after she decided to spit up while I was burping her. Ahhhh.... motherhood!
                  Totally agree with you on the facebook thing! How are the cats dealing with Aimee? My mom tells stories when she was nursing me our cat would warm her feet or try to share some lap space.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
                    told you.....people here are not talking about anything else, and some are freaking out....but, as far as it goes, it seems the epidemic is controled, but the measures are staying for a while, so, from my POV there is no reason to panic, just being precacious...(precavido)

oh well....let's whump
                    Precautions are always good. Glad to hear it seems to be controlled.

Yes, let's get our whump on...

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...nap-173082.jpg

(thou shalt not post pictures that are more than 700 pixels wide using IMG tags)
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 24 April 2009, 06:10 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

OT - About my sister
                      Spoiler:

Progress! More good thoughts coming her way!

RL serious geekery (well I am a bio grad student). Conversation between 2 bio grad students...

B: I found out my dog had a tapeworm - little one.
                      J: How big? (J studies snakes and parasites)
                      I chuckle because that would probably be my first question. Of course, it would be closely followed by asking how the dog is doing.

That is scary/

I agree with you abou FB.

LOL about Aimee. My nephew never spit up unless he was very sick. My nieces, on the other hand...ick! LOL

Yes, SA, be sure to take all precautions.

Comment

Hello Whumpers.

Erika- hope all works well for your costume party!

SA stay safe.

Ali - sounds like you are enjoying every minute of being Mommy.

Facebook - I belong but only because it is the only way some of my family communicates. I have it locked up so people can't find me and I ignore anything but what I need to find out. For example....My niece is getting married in May and they aren't sending out paper invites. She used her FB to invite family. Sheesh!! I haven't decided if I can go or not though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maggs View Post
                          Precautions are always good. Glad to hear it seems to be controlled.

Yes, let's get our whump on...

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...nap-173082.jpg
                          Yummy!
                          (I've always though that kind of Queen Wraith powerful mind control had to
                          Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          Yes, SA, be sure to take all precautions.
                          Of course

Comment

Congrats on 6000 Lorr! (I'm a little late)
                            sigpic

Comment

Truth!!!!
                              Congrats Lorr! those are lots of Shep clones....do they give you any when you reach so many milestones?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
                                Truth!!!!
                                Congrats Lorr! those are lots of Shep clones....do they give you any when you reach so many milestones?
                                Thank you! I'm such a talkative whumper

Comment

Working...
                                X