Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Good evening whumpers,

I already said I caved in Winnie's fic Remember Never to Forget, and so far I'm having a SQUEEEEEEEEE blast of it!
    So, since I'm a fast reader, I need to know where Winnie is... hey!!!! Winnie, are you there??!!

Welcome back Maggs, I'm glad you had a great time.
    You did the same as me SA. Once you get started you just can't stop. Take it slow and enjoy it. Hopefully Winnie will post more before you hit the end.

I haven't seen Winnie in these parts in a while. Wonder what it is up. Hope all is ok.

Glad to be back. Though I did enjoy your country.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Maggs!

Love the sig, Salty! Good luck with RL and the awards! Thanks for all your hard work on them!

Comment

hey there,

Originally posted by Salty View Post
        A quick flyby to say CONGRATS TO ALIPEEPS!!

I caught the awesome news in a GW thread email alert and couldn't stay away - I'm sure once I catch up I'll get to see pics!!!

Miss you all!! RL and Awards have whumped me

Ohhhhh, I forgot - look at my fun siggie - thanks to SGAFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        That is the coolest siggy Salty!!! I hope you can come back soon...

Originally posted by maggs View Post
        You did the same as me SA. Once you get started you just can't stop. Take it slow and enjoy it. Hopefully Winnie will post more before you hit the end.

I haven't seen Winnie in these parts in a while. Wonder what it is up. Hope all is ok.

Glad to be back. Though I did enjoy your country.
        Oh! That is so nice for you to say! and I'm glad.

So, let´s hope Winnie shows up soon.

Now I'm off to bed, I think I could get ill, I feel my trough sore...(trough it is?) oh well I don't feel so good...so goodnight all.

Comment

Ah, yes, remembering to quote as you go along would help - i remembered a couple it seems but... bugger.

Um, yeah, so...

Thanks for posting the piccies from the con - any word on snurchability yet? In the mean time, i'm happy just oggling. My word, doesn't he look young?! I quite liked the beard i must say, but without it he's actually quite different! lol
          TBH, he looks less imposing, more approachable without it. I wonder if i'd have been less of a scardy cat if he'd just had the scruff at Chevron.

What else...

Erika - i've bookmarked your fic for later, looking forward to reading it.

Aaaaaaaaand i suck. I can't remember anything else! Hey it's Monday morning, what do you want from me?!

Oooo, i remember there being squishing! *squishes the whumpers*

And SheppyD's new kitten! Sooo cute. (I'm not a cat person, but i know cuteness when i see it. )

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Better photo:

OT:
          Spoiler:
          PB loaded it up wonky tho and can't get it to rotate!

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/ta...pdate_-_fed_up
          Oh my goodness, how sweet - curly hair, like you!

I missed the thread name change. Especially the typo - so weird. I've already become accustomed to John Sheppard Whump. We can always shorten to JSW which makes me think of GSW which stands for gun shot wound and that's perfect for us whumpers. Also noticed that the Keller Ronin thread has an added (the Dr. and The Caveman) at the end. Maybe we can ask them to add (Shep Whump) to ours. I agree with most that posted that I'm a Shump Whumper first and foremost.
          As soon as i read JSW, i thought GSW too - does seem apt.
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
            CONGRATULATIONS ALI AND HUBBY!!!!!
            she is beautiful

Thanks to the peeps who posted pics of Vancon....Joe looks FABBY!!!!

SheppyD...I am soooo glad you got a kitty!
            Me too he is a sweetie!

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
            Aw, thanks. *blushes*

Thanks very much. Fic:
            Spoiler:
            I hate it when Shep is portrayed as being not the brightest commander.

Thanks! Friended you back.

Congrats!!!! Loved the name!!! *hugs* She's the most adorable thing ever!!! I feel so excited now!!! Woohoo!!!

I'm glad he's doing better now.
            He is much better!

I'm back from my trip and finally all caught up. Took me all day but well worth the time. So much has happened.

First off --- CONGRATS to Ali -- Aimee is just the most adorably beautiful little baby. Thanks for sharing the details and letting us in on the news.

Now... where to start...

I missed the thread name change. Especially the typo - so weird. I've already become accustomed to John Sheppard Whump. We can always shorten to JSW which makes me think of GSW which stands for gun shot wound and that's perfect for us whumpers. Also noticed that the Keller Ronin thread has an added (the Dr. and The Caveman) at the end. Maybe we can ask them to add (Shep Whump) to ours. I agree with most that posted that I'm a Shump Whumper first and foremost.

I missed GW's wacky April Fool's Day stunt. Pink and new rank names? Though my guess is that it was all more annoying than fun - I do wish I experienced it first hand.

Lots of whump fanfic talk as well. I've book marked many things and will enjoy at my leisure this week.

Nothing new from Winnie and RTB yet right? Winnie --- we, your fans, are so excited to learn more about Hawk and Shep. Please Please Please Purty Please...

SheppyD - new kitty cat. Picture?

and saved the best and most squeeably exciting - for last.

JF at Vancon and he's clean shaven. The pictures are so stunning (pun intended - we are whumpers of course). He definitely looks younger and amazing. Oh words can't convey my thoughts on this.

Cannot wait for this....

Someone posted a beautiful picture of Shep from The Tower - holding that poisoned knife and I just had to very belatedly thank them. I'd never seen it and it is so awesome.

My vacation was so relaxing and amazing but I did miss having my computer.

I'll be checking back more regularly. Bye all... for now.
            I posted one on LJ - but if you insist

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
            Ah, yes, remembering to quote as you go along would help - i remembered a couple it seems but... bugger.

Um, yeah, so...

Thanks for posting the piccies from the con - any word on snurchability yet? In the mean time, i'm happy just oggling. My word, doesn't he look young?! I quite liked the beard i must say, but without it he's actually quite different! lol
            TBH, he looks less imposing, more approachable without it. I wonder if i'd have been less of a scardy cat if he'd just had the scruff at Chevron.

What else...

Erika - i've bookmarked your fic for later, looking forward to reading it.

Aaaaaaaaand i suck. I can't remember anything else! Hey it's Monday morning, what do you want from me?!

Oooo, i remember there being squishing! *squishes the whumpers*

And SheppyD's new kitten! Sooo cute. (I'm not a cat person, but i know cuteness when i see it. )

Oh my goodness, how sweet - curly hair, like you!

As soon as i read JSW, i thought GSW too - does seem apt.
            Awwww - he is cute.

Comment

Ali congrats on the new baby!!!! hope both you and little un are doing well
              sigpic
              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Awwwww SheppyD, that is so cute I'm glad he's doing better now with you

San's Shepwhumpy Screensaver Saga Continues
                Part III
                Spoiler:
                Mum just walked in while I was again in the shower, and she said to me: You gotta get rid of that thing on your computer! Ugh, gross!
                I do love my mum and she's fantastic, but she does not understand the wonders of whump Now my dad on the other hand. He had been on my computer yesterday and came back downstairs and said: "you got some Shep pics on your computer I see" with a huge grin of his face. Now I know where those genes came from
                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                Save Our Seeker!
                LotS on LJ.

Comment

So now we have a whumper baby in the ranks, I think we need books and toys to introduce tiny ones to the joys of whump. I've already written a Shep whump story for 3 year olds, but I haven't gone younger. I'm thinking of the series of board books for toddlers called "That's not my..." (e.g. "That's not my teddy", "That's not my tractor," etc. They're touchy-feely books. "That's not my teddy... his tummy is too squishy" etc.) There's definite Shep potential here. "That's not my Sheppy; his hair is too floppy" etc, until we get to the final page, when we have "that's my Sheppy; his blood is so drippy."

We must be able to get whumpy into baby toys, too. What about a cuddly Shep (with no removeable parts - choking hazard) in which each bit of his body has a different texture, and makes a different noise when squeezed...

Thanks for posting the piccies from the con - any word on snurchability yet? In the mean time, i'm happy just oggling. My word, doesn't he look young?! I quite liked the beard i must say, but without it he's actually quite different! lol TBH, he looks less imposing, more approachable without it. I wonder if i'd have been less of a scardy cat if he'd just had the scruff at Chevron.
                  I think I might have been even worse. (if it's possible for me to have been even worse.) Without the beard, he looks even more like Sheppard. I had enough problem getting back into writing after seeing a breaded Shep ( leaving in typo, since I love the image of a tasty Shep rolled in breadcrumbs.) I think it would have been even worse had he been breadless (aagh, there it is again) and looking like our Shep.

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                  Awwwww SheppyD, that is so cute I'm glad he's doing better now with you

San's Shepwhumpy Screensaver Saga Continues
                  Part III
                  Spoiler:
                  Mum just walked in while I was again in the shower, and she said to me: You gotta get rid of that thing on your computer! Ugh, gross!
                  I do love my mum and she's fantastic, but she does not understand the wonders of whump Now my dad on the other hand. He had been on my computer yesterday and came back downstairs and said: "you got some Shep pics on your computer I see" with a huge grin of his face. Now I know where those genes came from
                  A man getting whump when a woman doesn't? *horror* It aint natural.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                    So now we have a whumper baby in the ranks, I think we need books and toys to introduce tiny ones to the joys of whump. I've already written a Shep whump story for 3 year olds, but I haven't gone younger. I'm thinking of the series of board books for toddlers called "That's not my..." (e.g. "That's not my teddy", "That's not my tractor," etc. They're touchy-feely books. "That's not my teddy... his tummy is too squishy" etc.) There's definite Shep potential here. "That's not my Sheppy; his hair is too floppy" etc, until we get to the final page, when we have "that's my Sheppy; his blood is so drippy."

We must be able to get whumpy into baby toys, too. What about a cuddly Shep (with no removeable parts - choking hazard) in which each bit of his body has a different texture, and makes a different noise when squeezed...
                    Just a simple: You are so awesome rhymer

I think I might have been even worse. (if it's possible for me to have been even worse.) Without the beard, he looks even more like Sheppard. I had enough problem getting back into writing after seeing a breaded Shep ( leaving in typo, since I love the image of a tasty Shep rolled in breadcrumbs.) I think it would have been even worse had he been breadless (aagh, there it is again) and looking like our Shep.
                    I was thinking about this when I read Squonk's post. At firts I totally agreed with her. The beard seemed a bit of a barrier, but then I thought: What if he did turn up beardless (it is a difficult word ) looking like Shep? Don't know if I could have held myself upright

A man getting whump when a woman doesn't? *horror* It aint natural.
                    I was in shock myself when she said 'that's gross'
                    Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                    Save Our Seeker!
                    LotS on LJ.

Comment

Love it. Especially the toy idea - when you squeeze it's neck, just in the right place, it could say "Please don't do that again!" *sigh*

The joys of not being a writer! lol

Seriously though, i think i'd have coped better if he did look more like Shep! I'm not scared of Shep, i'm scared of Joe!

Finally finished The Price of a Pardon btw - excellent. Loved the way you utilised the different characters and, of course, how you whumped Shep!! I seriously thought he was done for at one point! (I think you know to which point i'm referring...)
                      Last edited by Squonk; 06 April 2009, 05:13 AM.

l My LJ l

Comment

Update on the movie from Van Con:

Wright and Cooper, and MGM, want to make an Atlantis movie. The fact the sets are still up and their space being paid for is evidence of MGM’s commitment to the movie. However, given the world economy, the people who fund the movies have put the breaks on actual production. Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are working hard on the script, and they really want to make it as much as we want to see it.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...l-on-stargate/
                        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Love it. Especially the toy idea - when you squeeze it's neck, just in the right place, it could say "Please don't do that again!" *sigh*
                          Hee! Imagine the outcry in the media if someone did market toys like that! But I bet a lot of little children would love it. When I'm reading stories to 2 and 3 year olds, a lot of them very gleefully suggest that the fluffy bunnies in the stories "might hurt themselves, and then there'll be blood." I've got a stuffed Bagpuss who is supposed to speak when you squeeze his mouth, but it only works when you punch him hard in the face. All adults I've shown it to say, "oh, how cruel!" and can't bring themselves to do it, but the children love it and gleefully punch away.

Finally finished The Price of a Pardon btw - excellent. Loved the way you usitised the different characters and, of course, how you whumped Shep!! I seriously thought he was done for at one point! (I think you know of which point i'm referring...)
                          Thank you! when writing it, it didn't quite have the magic and freshness of the first one, so I thought I'd make up for it by including even more whump.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Update on the movie from Van Con:
                          Thanks for that! That's... well, not bad news, even if not immediately good news.

Comment

Thanks for that! That's... well, not bad news, even if not immediately good news.
                            I agree, thats pretty much what we thought the situation was anyway. The worrying thing is that the SG1 film is definately going ahead, its just the SGA one thats in financial doubt

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hee! I've just been reading the News Magazine on the BBC website, and they have a piece on "10 things you can do with a red rubber band" (referring to the ones post office delivery people tend to drop in the streets.) It invited readers to come up with their own. I, of course, immediately rubbed my hands gleefully, and thought, "10 ways to use a red rubber band to whump Shep."

Ideas...?

Comment

Hee! Imagine the outcry in the media if someone did market toys like that! But I bet a lot of little children would love it. When I'm reading stories to 2 and 3 year olds, a lot of them very gleefully suggest that the fluffy bunnies in the stories "might hurt themselves, and then there'll be blood." I've got a stuffed Bagpuss who is supposed to speak when you squeeze his mouth, but it only works when you punch him hard in the face. All adults I've shown it to say, "oh, how cruel!" and can't bring themselves to do it, but the children love it and gleefully punch away.
                                Brilliant! I had a doll that i used to stick in the head with a screwdriver, but i don't think that's quite the same thing...

Thank you! when writing it, it didn't quite have the magic and freshness of the first one, so I thought I'd make up for it by including even more whump.
                                Well it was ceratinly welcome!

I boy, i just saw the typo i made in that last post. Usitised?! WTF is that?!?! It's meant to be utilised!

*headdesk*

Hee! I've just been reading the News Magazine on the BBC website, and they have a piece on "10 things you can do with a red rubber band" (referring to the ones post office delivery people tend to drop in the streets.) It invited readers to come up with their own. I, of course, immediately rubbed my hands gleefully, and thought, "10 ways to use a red rubber band to whump Shep."

Ideas...?
                                Those damned rubber bands are so annoying - i don't think the posties realise, they're biodegradable so it doesn't matter if they accidently drop them, not so they can them!

So yes, let's make good use of them.
                                We could use them to bind his hands for a start off - though they'd only hold for three weeks before they start to degrade... lol

Ooo, there's got to be so much more we can do...

*goes to have a think*

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X