Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy whumpers! Remember me?

Some early whump for us to enjoy!

Now, it's been a while since I properly whumped Shep...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      My daughter came home a day early from uni late yesterday as a surprise! Got a call at around 9.00 pm saying: "Uh, Mum, you and dad haven't been drinking tonight, have you? No? Good. Because I'll be at the station at 11.40pm if you can pick me up!" Still, it's wonderful to have her back for her birthday weekend! All I have to do is get everything ready for her parties and survive another school day!

I really enjoyed watching 38 Minutes yesterday. There's one bit, and I've talked about it endlessly, where Ford is talking on the comm, and the camera pans to Shep, and Joe does sort of does this shiver and his lips quiver and Ford says that the major is getting worse! That bit just makes me go all tingly! Oh, and the bit where they're preparing to defib Shep, and Ford says someone needs to drag Shep through the 'gate if they can't revive him and Teyla says she'll do it and Shep looks nervously up at her. That bit makes me feel so sad! But I love it!

Oh me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love those bits sooooooooooooooo much!

Glad to hear about your nice surprise! Hope you have a fab weekend - you deserve it!

Comment

Some Aurora whump

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
          But... but... I iz conf-yooozed. Why do these insects need to stored at all? Why can't they be released into the wild to return to their families after their terrifying ordeal trapped inside (if alive), or put in the bin or dropped out of the window (if dead)? Why do they need to be preserved? What is done to them afterwards? Is there an "Insect Fridge Emptier" who comes in once a month and clears the fridge? Or do they just stack up and up until one day the fridge will be so full that it explodes? Is refrigerating an important process that helps turn them into super-insects? Do you sell them on to local evil scientists who want dead insects for their hideous experiments? This is a whole new side of museum work that I never realised existed.
          They can't be released cos they're dead. And if they weren't we couldn't release them cos they'd just come back and they damage the collection (esp the cloth items). They need to be kept for a while so they can identify exactly what the infestation is and deal with it accordingly. And i assume they're cleared out regularly. Other than that i have no idea cos i don't work in Collections Management or Conservation... and i didn't exactly pay attention during bug training...

So no, unfortunately nothing so interesting or sinister as you've suggested, more's the pity.

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
          Hiya!! Long time no see.

I'l enjoy your piccies when i get home and can actually view them. I'm sure they're wonderful though.
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
            <snipped cos I haven't followed any of the conversation so far!! >

Hiya!! Long time no see.

I'l enjoy your piccies when i get home and can actually view them. I'm sure they're wonderful though.
            Hiya, how you doing?

Hehe, well I like 'em. 38 minutes and Aurora so far... more coming though!

sigpic

Comment

rhymer -- damn for Joe looking the wrong way then
              Ali - glad you´re home again. Hope everything is ok with the little one *hugs*

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              My daughter came home a day early from uni late yesterday as a surprise! Got a call at around 9.00 pm saying: "Uh, Mum, you and dad haven't been drinking tonight, have you? No? Good. Because I'll be at the station at 11.40pm if you can pick me up!" lol: Still, it's wonderful to have her back for her birthday weekend! All I have to do is get everything ready for her parties and survive another school day! eek: ;-)

I really enjoyed watching 38 Minutes yesterday. There's one bit, and I've talked about it endlessly, where Ford is talking on the comm, and the camera pans to Shep, and Joe does sort of does this shiver and his lips quiver and Ford says that the major is getting worse! That bit just makes me go all tingly! Oh, and the bit where they're preparing to defib Shep, and Ford says someone needs to drag Shep through the 'gate if they can't revive him and Teyla says she'll do it and Shep looks nervously up at her. That bit makes me feel so sad! :-( But I love it! :-D
              uh ... picspam!

Spoiler:

now.. just WHAT is Ford staring at here?

tbc.....

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

just to finish the run

38 minutes picspam .. pt 2
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post

Some early whump for us to enjoy!

Now, it's been a while since I properly whumped Shep...

<snip>
                  Ooh! Pictures! Lovely pictures! And I've got the day off so can actually view them, too. I really must watch 38 Minutes tonight. (And concentrate on it. I find it harder and harder to watch TV without the laptop on my lap and half my focus on that.)

Got to write a chapter first, though.

They can't be released cos they're dead. And if they weren't we couldn't release them cos they'd just come back and they damage the collection (esp the cloth items). They need to be kept for a while so they can identify exactly what the infestation is and deal with it accordingly. And i assume they're cleared out regularly. Other than that i have no idea cos i don't work in Collections Management or Conservation... and i didn't exactly pay attention during bug training...
                  I guess Sheppard's attention was drifting too, then, during the bug training session in his Pegasus Galaxy Orientation Course, if 38 Minutes and Conversion are anything to go by.

I am, however, very disappointed that you keep insects in your fridge for such a boring and sensible reason. Though that's probably just the cover story...

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                  uh ... picspam!

<snip>
                  Yay! More pics I can actually view! I really need to watch 38 Minutes after I've written my chapter.

Comment

I guess Sheppard's attention was drifting too, then, during the bug training session in his Pegasus Galaxy Orientation Course, if 38 Minutes and Conversion are anything to go by.

I am, however, very disappointed that you keep insects in your fridge for such a boring and sensible reason. Though that's probably just the cover story...
                    Yeah, i bet he wishes he'd paid more attention now! lol

Well, they've adopted a new way to deal with the moths - they're releasing pheremones that will make the male moths attracted to each other and not the females thus preventing breeding - they're turning the moths gay... o_O.

l My LJ l

Comment

o_O Gay moths?

My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Good morning!

I'm amazed, you're so funny guys, I'll get in and find you turning moths gay!

I'm off to catch up, but couldn't miss those pics, thanks SAF, thanks Queen.

And hi! Squonk and Erika!

I was thinking a lot about you Erika, 'cause, from time to time I love to remember the image of Shep

Fic
                        Spoiler:
                        in a fic, but now I'm not quite sure if is a fic you wrote, it all begins after an explosion, and Shep wakes up in the middle of the battle field, the team is gone, he is badly hurted, and among several injuries, he notices he had lost a dental piece, and I loved that one!!!! was it something you wrote
                        ?

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                        Well I managed to freeze my fungal cultures and the procedure went better than I expected, still there are a few things to remember for the next time starting with bringing something to transport the thermos for the liquid nitrogen. With the protective gloves on I couldn't get a good grip ( small hands and dropping several liters of LN2 bad) and of course the things so cold bracing against another part of the body was out of the questions...
                        Hey Vect!, that sounds interesting....but delicate....

Ok,

I'm late now!!! got to run!!!!!

have fun guys.

Comment

Thought I'd pay a quick visit to the world of whump! Lots of familiar names over here I see!!!!

Shares favourite photo before running back out again!

sigpic

Comment

I'm supposed to be writing, but somehow a DVD boxed set happened to jump out at me as I... er... took a detour to pass through the room it was in, and then a disc leapt into the DVD player and I... er... seem to be watching SGA, while waiting for a potato to bake in the oven.

Yeah, i bet he wishes he'd paid more attention now! lol

Well, they've adopted a new way to deal with the moths - they're releasing pheremones that will make the male moths attracted to each other and not the females thus preventing breeding - they're turning the moths gay... o_O.
                            Gay moths? I wonder if this could have worked on iratus bugs, so they feed on each other on a wild gay frenzy, and ignore innocent majors who happen to be passing by.

Originally posted by JoeRocks View Post
                            Thought I'd pay a quick visit to the world of whump! Lots of familiar names over here I see!!!!

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...age00040-2.jpg
                            Ooh, pretty pic! *waves hello*

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                              o_O Gay moths?

I'm supposed to be writing, but somehow a DVD boxed set happened to jump out at me as I... er... took a detour to pass through the room it was in, and then a disc leapt into the DVD player and I... er... seem to be watching SGA, while waiting for a potato to bake in the oven.

Gay moths? I wonder if this could have worked on iratus bugs, so they feed on each other on a wild gay frenzy, and ignore innocent majors who happen to be passing by.
                              Yup, gay moths, you just couldn't make it up could you?

And i know what you mean about DVD box-sets rhymer - they're ruthless! Bit like iratus bugs, leapt out and attack you when you're least expecting it.
                              I find their call of "Play me, plaaaaaaaaaay me!" most disturbing...
                              But what can you do but give in?

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by JoeRocks View Post

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...age00040-2.jpg
                                *droools*
                                And hiya Rocky!

I'm supposed to be writing, but somehow a DVD boxed set happened to jump out at me as I... er... took a detour to pass through the room it was in, and then a disc leapt into the DVD player and I... er... seem to be watching SGA, while waiting for a potato to bake in the oven. :
                                I´m supposed to clean the house actually
                                don´t really want to

found this re SG1 "funniest prank"
                                OT

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v9sCo7xZK0&NR=1

It´s from season 1 where Sam and Jack are stuck on the "ice planet" and O´Neill doesn´t know what to do while they´re trying to free the DHD from the ice .... then Amanda just says "You spent 7 years on MacGyver and can´t figure this out???!! We got belt buckles and shoelaces and a piece of gum ... build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud!! You used to be MacGyver .. McGadget, McGimmick, now you´re Mr.McUseless!!!"

all the way keeping a straight /pissed off face !

and RDA just looks annoyed at the camera as everybody cracks up!!
                                He really doesn´t like the MacGyver jokes much, does he ?

Probably old news to most of you but I never saw this
                                Well, ties in with Joe´s story in Bedford ...
                                see.. back on topic!

er.. not really

Yup, gay moths, you just couldn't make it up could you?

And i know what you mean about DVD box-sets rhymer - they're ruthless! Bit like iratus bugs, leapt out and attack you when you're least expecting it.
                                I find their call of "Play me, plaaaaaaaaaay me!" most disturbing...
                                But what can you do but give in?

scary, isn´t ?!

Comment

Working...
                                X