No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness you're all chatty lil whumpers today.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
    Someone was talking about a Shep whumping inspirational speech? (No spoilers, just cut for length)
    Spoiler:

I stand before you today to reveal my vision for a brave new world. Imagine it, my friends…

Imagine a world in which it is impossible to switch on the television without seeing Sheppard lying in an infirmary bed, or heroically saving the day despite serious injury.

Imagine a world in which children say, "I want to be a Shep whumper when I grow up," holding no other ambition higher or more noble.

Imagine a world in which whumping has become so accepted that we few, brave early pioneers are feted like gods.

Imagine the world…

If you elect me as the Supreme Ruler of the World, you need imagine no longer. When I rule the world, this vision will come to pass. All I have to offer you is blood, sweat and tears – Sheppard's blood, that is, and the tears of his team who care for him.

I say to you today that, if elected, I shall whump him on the beaches; I shall whump him on the hills. I shall whump him in Atlantis, and I shall whump him on strange hazard-filled planets far from home. I shall whump him on the chest, but, nay, I shall not whump him on the face, for teh pretty must not be marred. I shall whump him with bullets and I shall whump him with sharp pointy things, and I shall never ever surrender.

All this will not come to pass overnight, of course. I plan to start small. I plan to take over a small island in Great Britain and turn it into the Isle of Whump. Once Shep whump is fully embedded into all aspects of local life, the inhabitants will become missionaries to spread to cause to the rest of the country, and then the world.

Our eventual success will depend on many people, of course. I will appoint an Ambassador of Intubation, and a Captivity Chancellor. There will be a Minister of Real Bullet Wounds to the Left Shoulder, and a Scrubs Secretary. Our Education Minister will ensure that the schools teach Shep whump and nothing but Shep whump. There will be a Hypothermia Office and a Department of Interesting Blood Splatters, and many many more.

There is a whump-free world out there for the taking, my friends. It is fragile and soft. It does not know how to stoically bite its lip and carry on despite pain. It does not know a thousand different ways to cause pain to fictional characters. We do. That is why we will always prevail. That is why my vision will come to pass.

So elect me, my friends. The future is bright; the future is Whump.

A whump-free world?!

Personnaly I think all the writers are whumpers. How else can they come up with whumpy scenarios that make us squee. I think that's why they can understand us and our whumpy ways, because underneath they're just like us.

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
    Indeed we are all at serious risk of squee overload! hehehe
    *looks at S&R pic*

Oh I think that's a definate yes. But what a way to go.

Originally posted by putschki1969 View Post
    Yep! The squee will probably kill me internally!!!
    And I just read Pegasus_SGA's specs for BT!!! They are killing me even more!!!
    Sorry, i'll tone it down, can't have you overloading on squee before the ep airs, there'll be no whumpers left to whump Shep!!!

Call me Peggy, it's easier. Or Peg or hey you, saying my full name makes me think i've been a naughty whumper.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Forget the Ancient gene we've all got the Shep Whump gene

Woohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Talking of Ancient genes.... and before anyone asks, yes this will undoubtebly be another ramble.

i'd love to see Shep using his ancient gene in Season 5, I was talking about it in one of the ep threads a while ago, and they could encompass a bit of whump into it. Imagine something is wrong with the city, or it becomes sentient, or starts talking to Shep... but everyone else thinks he's going nuts because he can hear someone whispering in his mind or talking to him, and it's trying to tell Shep that it's not well, or something's wrong in another part of the city, but because Shep's gene isn't artificial and is the bees knees, he's the only one that can hear it, but the others don't believe him and just think he's under too much stress.

Comment

Rhymer - you're completely insane!

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Goodness you're all chatty lil whumpers today.

A whump-free world?!
      Never. There's no such thing as whump free in fiction!
      Personnaly I think all the writers are whumpers. How else can they come up with whumpy scenarios that make us squee. I think that's why they can understand us and our whumpy ways, because underneath they're just like us.

*looks at S&R pic*
      Indeed. I'd guess some of the artists are whumpers too!

Oh I think that's a definate yes. But what a way to go.

Sorry, i'll tone it down, can't have you overloading on squee before the ep airs, there'll be no whumpers left to whump Shep!!!

Call me Peggy, it's easier. Or Peg or hey you, saying my full name makes me think i've been a naughty whumper.

Woohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Talking of Ancient genes.... and before anyone asks, yes this will undoubtebly be another ramble.

i'd love to see Shep using his ancient gene in Season 5, I was talking about it in one of the ep threads a while ago, and they could encompass a bit of whump into it. Imagine something is wrong with the city, or it becomes sentient, or starts talking to Shep... but everyone else thinks he's going nuts because he can hear someone whispering in his mind or talking to him, and it's trying to tell Shep that it's not well, or something's wrong in another part of the city, but because Shep's gene isn't artificial and is the bees knees, he's the only one that can hear it, but the others don't believe him and just think he's under too much stress.
      I'd love something on the Ancient gene too. I'm really interested why Sheppy is so good at using it.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say.... there's too much, but I definately would love to see Shep vulnerable, and hurting and the team take care of him. I want to see MAN HUGS!!! I want to see Ronon and McKay hugging Shep in a manly way of course, you know the whole, 'I'm glad you're not dead thing!' And a nice infirmary scene where they actually talk to him if he's in a coma.... and how they feel, you know, releasing their burdens.... never gonna get it, but.... I don't know something a bit different. I love action Shep, and commando Shep, and Strategic Shep, but would love to see the flip side of that and have Shep lose control of his emotions, just once!! You know, really lose it, go a bit nuts because someone's pushed his buttons or he's been drugged up, and doesn't know what he's doing, but it's subtle at first, so people just give him funny looks, then he does something questionable, but he insists he's fine, and it just gets worse and worse.... I don't think there was one full stop in that sentance.
        Well with all the

general spoiler about our speculation
        Spoiler:
        physical and emotional whump we're predicting there's definately room for a breakdown

I'm sure I read a fic like that, its not on atlantis but is to do with his ancient gene. If I remember right its Amoung the Ruins by Merlin7, great fic

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Rhymer - you're completely insane!

Never. There's no such thing as whump free in fiction!
          Thank goodness for that it must just be a vicsious rumour then.

Indeed. I'd guess some of the artists are whumpers too!
          SR Pic
          Spoiler:

*looks up*

Very possibly.

I'd love something on the Ancient gene too. I'm really interested why Sheppy is so good at using it.
          Me to, I did think they were going to explore it, but you know? Not so much. Shep's is stronger than anyones even Jack's so why is it like that? I know it's probably not as easy to explain the reasons... they'd probably put it down to a genetic anomoly, but I hope that they have shep use it for different things other than flying the PJ and switching on consoles and using the chair. I loved it when he did the flying the city thing, and want to see more of that. Not necessarily that, but trying out different things. Whumped by his own ATA gene would be good.

Maybe he gets attacked by a retrovirus that only selects those that have the gene or something?

Comment

Tracker, season 5:

Spoiler:
            Well it doesn't mean it's a McKay/Ronon episode. He just said they made a great team. Makes you wonder where Sheppard is, right? Maybe it's him they're tracking because he's missing or kidnapped or something?
            You just made me happy! I never thought to wonder....

season 5 spoiler/speculation
            Spoiler:
            ...where Sheppard was but your post really makes a lot of sense. I'd love a Shep in danger ep! When I first heard this ep title I thought, gee, wouldn't it be great if the Wraith put a tracking device on Sheppard and made him a Runner? *sigh*

My first response is always to grumble when we don't get a Shep mention but I'm beginning to think you are right. JM loves to toy with us like a Puppetmaster! And I can't help coming back for more!

Enjoy some assorted whumpy images!!!!

Spoiler:

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

But yes I am all for wall to wall Sheppy whump!

Oh no I missed it!

I may have to pop the DVD in the player instead!
              Wall to Wall Shep Whump! YES!!! Throw that man around the room...

Season 4 pics DG and Outcast

Spoiler:

Well I watched 38 Minutes all the way through and it was as wonderful as it always is. I'm with Pocus though, I think I prefer the white scrubs. I'm not complaining though, scrubs are scrubs.
              White scrubs are the best!!!!!!!!!! Well, next best to no scrubs..

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
              Someone was talking about a Shep whumping inspirational speech? (No spoilers, just cut for length)
              Spoiler:

I stand before you today to reveal my vision for a brave new world. Imagine it, my friends…

Imagine a world in which it is impossible to switch on the television without seeing Sheppard lying in an infirmary bed, or heroically saving the day despite serious injury.

Imagine a world in which children say, "I want to be a Shep whumper when I grow up," holding no other ambition higher or more noble.

Imagine a world in which whumping has become so accepted that we few, brave early pioneers are feted like gods.

Imagine the world…

If you elect me as the Supreme Ruler of the World, you need imagine no longer. When I rule the world, this vision will come to pass. All I have to offer you is blood, sweat and tears – Sheppard's blood, that is, and the tears of his team who care for him.

I say to you today that, if elected, I shall whump him on the beaches; I shall whump him on the hills. I shall whump him in Atlantis, and I shall whump him on strange hazard-filled planets far from home. I shall whump him on the chest, but, nay, I shall not whump him on the face, for teh pretty must not be marred. I shall whump him with bullets and I shall whump him with sharp pointy things, and I shall never ever surrender.

All this will not come to pass overnight, of course. I plan to start small. I plan to take over a small island in Great Britain and turn it into the Isle of Whump. Once Shep whump is fully embedded into all aspects of local life, the inhabitants will become missionaries to spread to cause to the rest of the country, and then the world.

Our eventual success will depend on many people, of course. I will appoint an Ambassador of Intubation, and a Captivity Chancellor. There will be a Minister of Real Bullet Wounds to the Left Shoulder, and a Scrubs Secretary. Our Education Minister will ensure that the schools teach Shep whump and nothing but Shep whump. There will be a Hypothermia Office and a Department of Interesting Blood Splatters, and many many more.

There is a whump-free world out there for the taking, my friends. It is fragile and soft. It does not know how to stoically bite its lip and carry on despite pain. It does not know a thousand different ways to cause pain to fictional characters. We do. That is why we will always prevail. That is why my vision will come to pass.

So elect me, my friends. The future is bright; the future is Whump.
              I Have A Dream....

Peg did say Commando Shep!!! Hee.

Well, I guess I should get back to work.
              sigpic

Comment

Don't tone it down!!! Even though it hurts physically to read such very interesting specs, I wouldn't really survive without them either!!!
                You'll just have to revive me again and again!
                I'll go for Peggy! ...or hey you
                My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
                Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post

Spoiler:
                  ...where Sheppard was but your post really makes a lot of sense. I'd love a Shep in danger ep! When I first heard this ep title I thought, gee, wouldn't it be great if the Wraith put a tracking device on Sheppard and made him a Runner? *sigh*

My first response is always to grumble when we don't get a Shep mention but I'm beginning to think you are right. JM loves to toy with us like a Puppetmaster! And I can't help coming back for more!

Spoiler:

<snipped for space and laziness >
                  Great piccies, thanks!

Well, in all fairness I often think the same thing. Then my brain starts to reason it all out, and I just think it's ridiculous that Shep won't have some great things to do, after all he's the lead!
                  Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  Wall to Wall Shep Whump! YES!!! Throw that man around the room...

Season 4 pics DG and Outcast

Spoiler:
                  [CENTER][YUMMY piccies!!!!]

White scrubs are the best!!!!!!!!!! Well, next best to no scrubs..

I Have A Dream....

Peg did say Commando Shep!!! Hee.

Well, I guess I should get back to work.
                  Did Peg say Commando Shep? Not again! She keeps saying that. She's a saucy minx!

Wall to wall Shep means throwing him against some walls? Yeah, I can live with that!
                  sigpic

Comment

Me to, I did think they were going to explore it, but you know? Not so much. Shep's is stronger than anyones even Jack's so why is it like that? I know it's probably not as easy to explain the reasons... they'd probably put it down to a genetic anomoly, but I hope that they have shep use it for different things other than flying the PJ and switching on consoles and using the chair. I loved it when he did the flying the city thing, and want to see more of that. Not necessarily that, but trying out different things. Whumped by his own ATA gene would be good.

Maybe he gets attacked by a retrovirus that only selects those that have the gene or something?
                    This above plotline is my dream ep! Sheppard, confused, hurting, unable to really articulate how or why. At first no one believes him. Test after test after test turns up nothing! His expression all bruised and pathetic. Muscle aches, nosebleeds, temporary paralysis, blinding head-aches...the symptoms could be endless! But no turning him into a bug again! Althought Bugged out Sheppard was very whumpy and hottttt.

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by putschki1969 View Post
                      Don't tone it down!!! Even though it hurts physically to read such very interesting specs, I wouldn't really survive without them either!!!
                      You'll just have to revive me again and again!
                      I'll go for Peggy! ...or hey you
                      You could always be like me, and call Peg that nutty whumper! Or my other favourite one for her is PORG. She's like a borg but different! I know, I sound as insane as she is. Is that even possible, I ask myself? I'm asking myself questions...ok, I need some alcohol!

It's all this promise of Shep whump in season 5. It's finally tipped me over the edge!
                      sigpic

Comment

This above plotline is my dream ep! Sheppard, confused, hurting, unable to really articulate how or why. At first no one believes him. Test after test after test turns up nothing! His expression all bruised and pathetic. Muscle aches, nosebleeds, temporary paralysis, blinding head-aches...the symptoms could be endless! But no turning him into a bug again! Althought Bugged out Sheppard was very whumpy and hottttt.
                        *thud*

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          *thud*

Ditto!
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh that is an awesome thought!

If only !!

Oh that sounds fab too although I read blinding as blinded hehehe - have me an extra little squee!!!

Comment

Oh that is an awesome thought!

If only !!

Oh that sounds fab too although I read blinding as blinded hehehe - have me an extra little squee!!!
                              A Shep is blinded eppie? Now that's a nice idea. Stuck on a mission, all alone, having a head injury and concussion and he temporarily loses his sight? That sounds wonderful!
                              sigpic

Comment

You could always be like me, and call Peg that nutty whumper! Or my other favourite one for her is PORG. She's like a borg but different! I know, I sound as insane as she is. Is that even possible, I ask myself? I'm asking myself questions...ok, I need some alcohol!

It's all this promise of Shep whump in season 5. It's finally tipped me over the edge!
                                You need some alcohol? Sounds like you have already had a few too many!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X