• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice avatar, Pocus
    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I hope so! You must be really excited about next Friday! I hope we get some more promo stuff before then!
      I don't even need all the promo stuff - I'm so excited for Friday!! Just one week to get through and it'll be busy with all the other new TV stuff so it'll go by fast!

AARGH! My printer won't print - says something about the printer drivers. I'm trying to politely beg hubby to fix it - there's fics to be printed!!!
      sigpic
      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
        Nice avatar, Pocus
        Oh yes, agreed!

Is there a special way to make avatars? Like, how do I take one of my pics and turn it into an avatar?
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Nice avatar, Pocus
          What can I say, I was inspired!

Originally posted by Salty View Post
          Oh yes, agreed!

Is there a special way to make avatars? Like, how do I take one of my pics and turn it into an avatar?
          I used photoshop just to reduce the image size to 65 x 65. I still am learning my way around it. Can't do much more than crop, rotate, add text, sharpen and convert to black and white yet.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
            ......Well we are now officially a 2 dog family!

Lenny and Maggie got on well and he came home with us to live....
            Oh that is awesome news!! I am so pleased for you!!!!

Comment

Oh yes, agreed!

All I do is just cut the pic until I'm down to the part I want and reduce the size so it'll match GW regulations..
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Really? I have to say, I've heard things about that before. Grammar may be important, but some of the stories there have the characters so out of character, it's quite honestly totally ridiculous, and some of the stories are incredibly poor, in my opinion. I'd rather have the odd grammatical error and typo over poor story or poor characterisation any day. So, poo to them!
                Exactly what I thought.

I'm glad they are getting on well! Keep us posted!
                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                Sig and avi by me
                Spoiler:

Comment

Exactly! I remember the promo teaser for Duet was all about Ronon!

I couldn't agree more. Spoiler for OT ness
                  Spoiler:
                  Thing is, though I love his general action eppies, I don't rate his McKay one's as highly as those. I really liked McKay and Mrs Miller (and Sunday too, though that's a general episode), but I don't rate either as the best episodes of season 3. In fact, as a McKay centric episode, I prefer Tao Of Rodney, which was written by Damian Kindler. Why? Because it showed us a more deep, vulnerable Rodney, and the episode really packed an emotional punch. Also, for me, the whole Rod storyline in M&MM was distracting and didn't work that well. Either from a storyline or acting perspective, though I wouldn't deny the visual effects team did a brilliant job.

MG needs to go and write some character centric eppies for other characters, and leave Rodney eppies to someone else for a change, I think. It's not that he's not good at what he does, but, as you say, the way he writes for Rodney, is perhaps a little too close to home at times, and is getting a bit tiresome. We all know he adores McKay, but the way he was going on about M&MM in the audio commentary, well, it just wasn't pleasant to hear how wonderful his writing is etc... and how it's the best eppie of the season. Maybe it's just me, but a little modesty doesn't do any of us any harm...I also had to turn the volume down on my headphones, as my ears were ringing after a while! Boy can the man talk non-stop and nineteen to the dozen!!!!!

As I said previously, the actors needed to have some input in the commentaries, I think. I miss hearing about the acting perspective here. As far as his love for Sunday goes...hmmm, I loved certain aspects of the episode, but I don't think it was anything unusual or innovative in the writing world, certainly not an example of writing brilliance. Though some scenes were wonderful, some weren't, and the episode had a choppy, disjointed feel to it sometimes. It was nice to see the team have some downtime, but some scenes seemed unnecessary and pointless to me. That's not to say I didn't feel emotional when watching certain aspects of it, and didn't love some scenes. But the second best eppie of the season? Not for me, not even close. Sorry.
                  ITA! If it weren't for the fact that TPBT
                  Spoiler:
                  say they don't listen to fans wanting all focus on one character or another when they have a writer/producer that does just that very thing I wouldn't be upset at all. I am just hoping that Carter being there will balance it out a little.

Morning peeps. Sorry for my tardy participation last week, I had mum staying with me after having her hip replaced, so was a bit busy!!!!....

Wish me luck this morning, we're off to meet a rescue Boxer called Lenny who may come home with us to live if he gets on with Maggie ok!

I hope everyone is ok and LOVE the new whumpaholics thread, though weather I'll be able to keep up with 2 threads is another matter...

Oh and by the way

Spoiler:
                  ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!?
                  Oh, I hope your Mum's okay!

And, congrats on Lenny!

All I do is just cut the pic until I'm down to the part I want and reduce the size so it'll match GW regulations..
                  Same here! I can't afford Photoshop so I use the Dell Paintshop software that came with the laptop!

I found out something great last night. The hotel in DC where I'm staying has SciFi and public use computers! So, I can watch Lifeline and come and squee with y'all!!!

130 hours, 44 minutes to Adrift!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                    Did you notice he's
                    Spoiler:
                    wearing jeans and his shirt is already coming untucked in the pic where is is standing and holding the ubiquitous cup of coffee?!
                    Ooooooh yes i did! Totally squee!!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Oooooh! You've never watched Due South?!!

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Have you read the Whumpaholics thread? I rambled a lot about Due South in there and the delights of Fraser-whump.

It was a very quirky, funny TV show from um... the 1990s... about a Canadian Mountie who ended up living in Chicago and working kind of unofficially with a Chicago policeman to solve crimes. It had a great sense of humour and starred these guys:

as Benton Fraser, the Mountie, and Ray Vecchio, the cop. It's kinda hard to describe the show but it was just a great show - at once funny and serious, lighthearted and sad. And Paul Gross was GORGEOUS in it as the Mountie! And there was some lovely Fraser whump in the show too.
                    OMG - i forgot how hot that guy is! Sorry wring thread i know - but still! Phwoar!!

MiniSalty has been walking around with a High School Musical pencil that has pictures of Zac Efron on it, and she hugs it and sighs (she's 4 1/2), and she says to me, "Mommy, is this how you feel about Joe?"
                    That is totally sweet!! Bless.

Spoiler:
                    Thing is, though I love his general action eppies, I don't rate his McKay one's as highly as those. I really liked McKay and Mrs Miller (and Sunday too, though that's a general episode), but I don't rate either as the best episodes of season 3. In fact, as a McKay centric episode, I prefer Tao Of Rodney, which was written by Damian Kindler. Why? Because it showed us a more deep, vulnerable Rodney, and the episode really packed an emotional punch. Also, for me, the whole Rod storyline in M&MM was distracting and didn't work that well. Either from a storyline or acting perspective, though I wouldn't deny the visual effects team did a brilliant job.

MG needs to go and write some character centric eppies for other characters, and leave Rodney eppies to someone else for a change, I think. It's not that he's not good at what he does, but, as you say, the way he writes for Rodney, is perhaps a little too close to home at times, and is getting a bit tiresome. We all know he adores McKay, but the way he was going on about M&MM in the audio commentary, well, it just wasn't pleasant to hear how wonderful his writing is etc... and how it's the best eppie of the season. Maybe it's just me, but a little modesty doesn't do any of us any harm...I also had to turn the volume down on my headphones, as my ears were ringing after a while! Boy can the man talk non-stop and nineteen to the dozen!!!!!

As I said previously, the actors needed to have some input in the commentaries, I think. I miss hearing about the acting perspective here. As far as his love for Sunday goes...hmmm, I loved certain aspects of the episode, but I don't think it was anything unusual or innovative in the writing world, certainly not an example of writing brilliance. Though some scenes were wonderful, some weren't, and the episode had a choppy, disjointed feel to it sometimes. It was nice to see the team have some downtime, but some scenes seemed unnecessary and pointless to me. That's not to say I didn't feel emotional when watching certain aspects of it, and didn't love some scenes. But the second best eppie of the season? Not for me, not even close. Sorry.
                    I have to agree with you
                    Spoiler:
                    It's no secret i LOVE McKay, so i pretty eat up any McKay-centric ep! But yeah, M&MM wasn't a patch on Tao. I do like MG written McKay eps, but they aren't usually the best ones.

Like you said DK wrote a deeper ep, whereas MG can be known to go for laughs and using McKay as the butt of the joke.

And not sure i like the idea of MG bragging like that - dunno, maybe it's just me being British......

And did i see you got another milstone??

CONGRATS!!

Yay!! I so want a dog!
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

ITA! If it weren't for the fact that TPBT
                      Spoiler:
                      say they don't listen to fans wanting all focus on one character or another when they have a writer/producer that does just that very thing I wouldn't be upset at all. I am just hoping that Carter being there will balance it out a little.

Oh, I hope your Mum's okay!

And, congrats on Lenny!

Same here! I can't afford Photoshop so I use the Dell Paintshop software that came with the laptop!

I found out something great last night. The hotel in DC where I'm staying has SciFi and public use computers! So, I can watch Lifeline and come and squee with y'all!!!

130 hours, 44 minutes to Adrift!!!!!
                      I couldn't afford Photoshop either I just have a great Brother in law

Yeah on SciFi and Internet access!!!!

I can't wait. I just need to keep fingers crossed Hubby doesn't come up with any plans with friends that night. I already told our friends who have been coming over on Fridays a lot that it is coming on. She said she would watch with me if they were here. They never got interested in Stargate or Atlantis at all (not for lack of promotion on my part) but she does think JF is cute. Plus she owes me for making me watch High School Musical last week. **yawn**
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                        I have to agree with you
                        Spoiler:
                        It's no secret i LOVE McKay, so i pretty eat up any McKay-centric ep! But yeah, M&MM wasn't a patch on Tao. I do like MG written McKay eps, but they aren't usually the best ones.

Like you said DK wrote a deeper ep, whereas MG can be known to go for laughs and using McKay as the butt of the joke.

And not sure i like the idea of MG bragging like that - dunno, maybe it's just me being British......
                        No, it's not just being British. That kind of thing is distasteful.
                        Spoiler:
                        Saying you're proud of an ep and pleased with the way it turned out is one thing, but saying it's the best ep is quite another. I have not listened to the commentary, but I really don't think I want to now. People like that leave a bad taste in my mouth. OT
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm getting first hand experience with someone like that at work. My boss is taking credit for what other people have done. She is forgetting that some things have been a team effort. She's also giving credit to someone for a load of work that another person did. It's disgusting.

Enough of that! I think I need to watch a couple of eps today! Just to get me in the mood.

Comment

Hey there Whumpers!

How is your Sunday going?

If I'm correct then the episode I'll get to see is "Lifeline". Not sure about "Adrift" unless I can invade someone's house and borrow their TV for an hour. Trying to find ways to see JF makes life interesting at any rate. *cough* cable tv I guess would be too easy *cough*

IHS
                          Last edited by iheartshep; 23 September 2007, 10:47 AM. Reason: cannot spell...good grief
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey peeps!! hope everyone has had a good Sunday

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                            http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

CONGRATS LINZI ON 14900 POSTS

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

Only a few more until 15000 by S4 Woohooooooooooooooooo
                            Wow Congratulations Linzi!!! you are so close to your goal!!!

I loved it too! What's not to love with Shep in
                            Spoiler:
                            desert gear!!!!
                            Shallow, moi? And the angst was so good!
                            Yum!!!!! enough said

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                            Here ya go hon I uploaded them all.

S4 promo pics

It's the 2nd, 3rd and 4th post on the thread. And yep still up, but not for long
                            Fantastic hun, thanks for these

Think you could say "gun" one more time?

And we'll be all a-squeeeee this time next week!!!

MiniSalty has been walking around with a High School Musical pencil that has pictures of Zac Efron on it, and she hugs it and sighs (she's 4 1/2), and she says to me, "Mommy, is this how you feel about Joe?"
                            That is really sweet.... wonders if there are Shep pencils and pens, would make work more fun

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            I hate when I can't sleep! It drives me insane to be tired and awake when I should be sleepy.

I think Shep should catch an infection that causes insomnia and we can just watch him spin out of control.

I may avoid spoilers as best I can, but I can resist looking at pics, especially if I know Shep is in them.

Night Peg!!!
                            oooh Shep with insomnia would be fun getting all confused

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                            Oh s3 started off which so much promise...what happened towards the end though!?
                            I know, if only it has stayed on the same path, it would have been awsome, not to worry I am sure they will have learned from their mistakes for S4

Morning peeps. Sorry for my tardy participation last week, I had mum staying with me after having her hip replaced, so was a bit busy!!!!....

Wish me luck this morning, we're off to meet a rescue Boxer called Lenny who may come home with us to live if he gets on with Maggie ok!

I hope everyone is ok and LOVE the new whumpaholics thread, though weather I'll be able to keep up with 2 threads is another matter...

Oh and by the way

Spoiler:
                            ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!?
                            Hope your mum is ok and that the boxers get on like a hosue on fire

I'm going to post this piccie again from Travelers. I'm just so excited about it!!!

Spoiler:
                            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Linzi5/24scifi.jpg

Oh, and you can even see, er, damage here too!

Spoiler:
                            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Linzi5/23skiffy.jpg

And here!

Spoiler:
                            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Linzi5/21.jpg

Thanks to Peggy for pointing it out to me!
                            SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! nice!!! *Iz very excited for S4*

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                            Hi all! *waves madly*

How is everyone today?

I've been at the beach all day with the squirt and her mate. I'm absolutely stuffed. And then topped the day off with two hours of homework. Thankfully, the when we dropped squirt's friend off at her home, her mother told me to take a seat because she'd made tea for me. Completely unexpected and wholly welcomed!

May I say, as your beta for this fic, POO! I'll try to do better on the next chapters. *hangs head in shame*
                            *Iz Jealous* day at the beach!! it was really windy here all the leaves where falling of the trees, Autumn has arrived.

You are a brilliant beta hun. I appreciate all of your input that you give

oh that is brilliant oh and that sounds so cute Lenny & Maggie, kind of like a double act.

Did I see Erika had hit a milestone too???

Congrats Erika

Comment

Holy cow! You guys have been chatty. Just got back from a girls' weekend at the lake.

Congrats Linz on 14,900. I know you can make 15,000 before Friday.

Pocus - lovely new avi.

Peg - bless you for posting the link to the thread with the S4 pics. I couldn't get the gallery to work for me either.

And a big kiss to JM for the lovely JF vid and pics on his blog Friday night. That did my heart good to see.

Big "YEA"!! for 5 more days. Almost there.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

No, it's not just being British. That kind of thing is distasteful.
                                Spoiler:
                                Saying you're proud of an ep and pleased with the way it turned out is one thing, but saying it's the best ep is quite another. I have not listened to the commentary, but I really don't think I want to now. People like that leave a bad taste in my mouth. OT
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm getting first hand experience with someone like that at work. My boss is taking credit for what other people have done. She is forgetting that some things have been a team effort. She's also giving credit to someone for a load of work that another person did. It's disgusting.

Enough of that! I think I need to watch a couple of eps today! Just to get me in the mood.
                                In all fairness, MG might not have said
                                Spoiler:
                                it was the 'best' eppie per se, in those exact words, but that it was his favourite as was Sunday, and I just felt it was all a little bit... too self satisfied, and I was in no doubt he thinks he wrote the best episode ever! I just wasn't brought up that way, and nobody else talks that way in their commentaries. Maybe it's just me? And I am British...

I wouldn't say it's not worth listening to... well, ok I don't want to listen to it again, but again, I do find MG a little...er, tiresome after a while, whereas some of the season 1 and 2 one's I really enjoy, even though he's in them too! I think he's a little too intense for me perhaps, when he's not in a crowd of people?

But, the overall tone was just how great the eppies were etc...Honestly, after a while I really didn't want to listen anymore - I did though. They do joke about patting each other on the back so much at the end, but you know what? I'd have liked them not to have talked, well MG to have, over some of my favourite scenes. The problem with MG is, he's extremely garrulous, and MW is softly spoken. MG keeps saying that everyone knows McKay is his favourite etc. and that's fine, but it does get on my nerves that he doesn't ever really seem to talk fondly about anyone else, though he did talk about Kate Hewlett. I REALLY missed the actors being there, they just give a unique perspective, and quite honestly, don't give MR G the chance to talk so much! It'd have been so nice for David and Kate to have joined in this commentary. MGM are nuts! :

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                                Hey peeps!! hope everyone has had a good Sunday

Wow Congratulations Linzi!!! you are so close to your goal!!!

Congrats Erika
                                Thanks Listy!

Congrats to Erika!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X