X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Lorr's great question/suggestion to JM:
    Spoiler:
    I think the fact that they actually considered her suggests two things:

(a) Larrin is going to be a pretty kickass character both mentally and physically, I can't imagine GT ever playing some simpering woman who falls for the handsome hero's charms, can you?
    &
    (b) If possible they are looking for someone with a little bit of a name which suggests that Larrin is going to be a recurring character and possibly a major player in events next season.

I know we pretty much had guessed all of this already but it does make the character more interesting and I still hope we're going to see the "Travellers" be more in that grey area that JM talked about. It'll be good to have another race out there who are on a (almost) equal footing with Atlantis and are not straight forward good guys or bad guys.

Not sure any of that made sense, brain still hasn't kicked into gear yet today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      *fly by post*

Pocus... those eyes *drowns in its thuddiness*. Thanks for the pic

Woohooooo great minds think alike

I've just uploaded Chapter 2 Brothers in Arms

Just goign off to see mom, so i'll be back later to play and squee *vbg*
      Hope all goes well with your visit to see your mom
      Just read and reviewed your chapter, Peggy. Excellent stuff. More please!
      Same for you, Stricken. Very angsty and heartbreaking. More please!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
        Spoiler:

(a) Larrin is going to be a pretty kickass character both mentally and physically, I can't imagine GT ever playing some simpering woman who falls for the handsome hero's charms, can you?
        &
        (b) If possible they are looking for someone with a little bit of a name which suggests that Larrin is going to be a recurring character and possibly a major player in events next season.

I know we pretty much had guessed all of this already but it does make the character more interesting and I still hope we're going to see the "Travellers" be more in that grey area that JM talked about. It'll be good to have another race out there who are on a (almost) equal footing with Atlantis and are not straight forward good guys or bad guys.

Nope. It all made sense and I agree. I'm pretty hopeful for this character.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
          I had planned on watching the Dresden files, but forgot it was on. Sounds like it's a good show. What's the premise of the show?
          Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          harry is a wizard for hire and helps the chicago police department invesitgate unusual crimes, as well as anyone who wants to hire him.

you should read the books i highly recommend them!
          What she said. Spoilers for OTness:
          Spoiler:
          The show is kind of a mixture between a police drama/murder mystery type thing and a genre/supernatural sort of show. Harry is a real-life wizard, though the show is set in the real-life, modern-times world and most people don't know magic is real (or other stuff like vampires and werewolves). Harry is the only wizard in Chicago's yellow pages and he works as kind of a private investigator, helping people with unusual cases. He gets called in by the police to help on cases with unusual elements too. It's funny and the magic elements are cool and the guy playing Harry is kinda cute and there is a LOT of whumpage!

The show is based on the series of novels by Jim Butcher and there's even more whumpage in the books. I'm up to book 5 so far and they're really good. A lot of people who are fans of the books however tend to moan rather about the show because it's "not the same as the books". And it's not the same. It's not an adaptation, it's "based upon" and I enjoy both the books and the show and am happy to view them as kinda separate entities.

What about
          Spoiler:
          Andee Frizzell the actress that plays all the Wraith Queens? She obviously has presence, is familiar with the cast and is usually in makeup. So she shouldn't be too recognizable. I think she'd be perfect.
          That's a really cool idea. I think she would be good...

That's cool. So what did he play in that ep?
          Spoilers for OTness:
          Spoiler:
          The premise of the show is that it was set in Gotham City (many years after Batman) and that there is an undreground society of "meta-humans" - people with special powers (kinda like mutants in X-Men, I guess). The lead character is Batman's daughter and she is kinda a vigilante trying to fight crime in the city. Some of the meta-humans start dying, killed by someone with the exact same power as them (e.g. if they can chuck fire, they are burned to a crisp) which seems impossible. Joe's character is a cop and he comes to town claiming to be investigating these murders... it turns out in the end he is actually the murderer. He is a meta-human himself and his power is that he mimics other meta-humans' powers when he gets close to them. It's involuntary, he can't help doing it, and he gets bad headaches whenever he gets close to a meta (whumpage! Wooo!) and he hates and resents them for ruining his life - he wants to kill them all so that he can go back to being "normal". He has a couple of ass-kicking fights with Batman's daughter - her power is super strength and agility etc so that she's really good at fighting.. so when he mimics her power it's kind of a stalemate.. they're both super-good at fighting so nither of them can win. The picture of the funky eyes is what happen's to Joe's eyes when he gets near to Batman's daughter and mimics her powers.

OK what's with the name Harry and wizards??? You say he's in Chicago...hmm maybe I'll downtown and look for him.

How many books are there and if you had to chose a book to read first which one would it be?
          There are, I think, 8 books so far and the 9th is due out in May. I would start at the beginning with the first book Stormfront. The books can be read independently but there are certain events and developments in Harry's relationships with people etc that would make more sense if you read the books in order...

Anyway. Still feeling crappy with this cold. It's settled in good and proper now and I feel just ugh. And I can't even take time off work - no matter how crap I feel tomorrow - cos this project I'm working on is really important and it's all happening this week. I need to be there. *sigh*

Oooh hey, did anyone in the UK's watch last night's CSI: New York on Channel5? It was the episode with Erin Chambers (Sora) in! She talked about doing this episode during her stage talk at P2 so it was cool to finally see it. I recognised her voice straight away (you don't see her at first, there's just a montage of the cop knocking on doors and you hear the voices of the people he talks to..) and as soon as I recognised her voice I remembered what she'd said about her character in the show and ran back over the last 5 minutes of the plot and realised, "Oh right, I know what happened now!"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Hope all goes well with your visit to see your mom
            Just read and reviewed your chapter, Peggy. Excellent stuff. More please!
            Same for you, Stricken. Very angsty and heartbreaking. More please!!!
            Thanks I'll start on the next chapter later, got some work I have to get done first

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

Oooh hey, did anyone in the UK's watch last night's CSI: New York on Channel5? It was the episode with Erin Chambers (Sora) in! She talked about doing this episode during her stage talk at P2 so it was cool to finally see it. I recognised her voice straight away (you don't see her at first, there's just a montage of the cop knocking on doors and you hear the voices of the people he talks to..) and as soon as I recognised her voice I remembered what she'd said about her character in the show and ran back over the last 5 minutes of the plot and realised, "Oh right, I know what happened now!"
              Well even if I don't live in the UK I've seen this epi a while back here in Sweden...
              I didn't know that she was going to be in it,, and recognized her voice too when Flack talked to her... it was like hey wait a minute I know that voice... it's kind of cool when seeing SGA stars on these great big shows...
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Nope. It all made sense and I agree. I'm pretty hopeful for this character.

Well that's a relief - I feel pretty braindead this morning.

Comment

Morning, guys...

I just love it to wake up to new tiny snippets fo spoilers almost every morning..
                  JM sure knows how to keep the crowds excited

Ali, JM answered your question... Q7 is my favorite car, I wanna have one some day!
                  *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Helloo whumpers!!!!
                    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid sky isnt working in my room and so im tv less today...whatever am i going to watch now...hmmmmm....

noticed theres a little bit more info on the 3rd series on the main page.....meh!!
                    this bit annoyed me

The new series has been conceived to be "a completely separate, third entity," Cooper said in an interview -- "much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off seires of SG-1 and was sort of born out of SG-1."

then again, they said atlantis was going to a completely seperate entity and look what happened, crossovers, sam on atlantis...gah!!
                    il be pissed off if the 3rd series ends up being what atlantis was supposed to be.

oh and the
                    Spoiler:
                    larin talk, i want her to be a hard faced b*tch too, which luckily it sounds like they might be going for anyway!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Congrats to SheppyD on 7,700!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!! Off to read as well!!!
                      Me too!!!!!

Spoiler:

&

Oh I agree with you Josie. This had made me feel a lot happier about the character and therefore about the plot in Travelers!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                        Ali, JM answered your question... Q7 is my favorite car, I wanna have one some day!
                        I had to look up the Q7 online to see what it was!
                        sigpic

Comment

i dont have a clue about cars!! even though i watch top gear, but then thats because i watch it for the presenters than the cars!!!

Comment

Hello whumpers! *waves madly*

Popped in for a quick chat before bed. Ok.. I also popped in for an OT squee.
                            Spoiler:
                            I went to the Avalon Air Show yesterday.. OMG! It was awesome! Right up close at the end of the runway, so the planes were taking of right in front of us! Saw the F-111 - so close the heat from the afterburn washed over us in waves as it took off! And they had a squad of four Hornets do some formation flying and then had pyrotechnics set up so they could simulate bombing the runway. Also had the USAF over with their F-15 Eagle - OMG frelling awesome!!! It was amazing. They also had a bunch of arial stunt teams, unfortunatly I missed the Roulettes (aero stunts in jets, rather than the older slower planes). They also had a B-52 do a couple of fly overs, and had a Black Hawk and a Tiger helicopter do some manouvres (SP??) as well. The day totally, totally rocked.

How is everyone here?
                            sigpic
                            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Well that's a relief - I feel pretty braindead this morning.
                              I feel like that all the time!
                              Er, yup, me too!!!!
                              Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                              Hello whumpers! *waves madly*

Popped in for a quick chat before bed. Ok.. I also popped in for an OT squee.
                              Spoiler:
                              I went to the Avalon Air Show yesterday.. OMG! It was awesome! Right up close at the end of the runway, so the planes were taking of right in front of us! Saw the F-111 - so close the heat from the afterburn washed over us in waves as it took off! And they had a squad of four Hornets do some formation flying and then had pyrotechnics set up so they could simulate bombing the runway. Also had the USAF over with their F-15 Eagle - OMG frelling awesome!!! It was amazing. They also had a bunch of arial stunt teams, unfortunatly I missed the Roulettes (aero stunts in jets, rather than the older slower planes). They also had a B-52 do a couple of fly overs, and had a Black Hawk and a Tiger helicopter do some manouvres (SP??) as well. The day totally, totally rocked.

How is everyone here?
                              Good thanks. Sounds like you had an awesome time! It sounds really exhilerating and adrenalin inducing stuff! I'm envious!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

well since its quiet in here im going to go find something to do....dont know what tho!!

be on later for some squeeing and possibly most definately some more speculation!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

TTFN

Comment

Working...
                                X