John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caty View Post
    No, he's avoiding it, just like I was... But it will come to hunt him down some day just like mine did
    I once read a book about four thugs getting formed to death by an attorney general they tried to mug... was a fun read, btw.

Yet, I hope it doesn't get that hard on you, Caty. And also not on poor Shep...
    Twinchy---
    sigpic
    FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      Hello!
      Well, I watched Irresponsible on the widescreen of pleasure tonight, and nearly fell off my mum's sofa at the hawtness on the screen....other than that...I think that SheppyD was slagging off whumpers in the JFT...or was that me?
      It couldnt have been me!!!! Must have been you!

Comment

Hello!
        Well, I watched Irresponsible on the widescreen of pleasure tonight, and nearly fell off my mum's sofa at the hawtness on the screen....other than that...I think that SheppyD was slagging off whumpers in the JFT...or was that me?
        Whats this slagging off of whumpers in JFT.....I don't really keep uptodate with that thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          It couldnt have been me!!!! Must have been you!
          Moi? *Linz tries to do the Sheppy puppy dog eyes and fails miserably*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
            Whats this slagging off of whumpers in JFT.....I don't really keep uptodate with that thread
            Yes, there is some evil whumpers bashing going on in that thread... Some people are just mean
            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              Ayup. Writing fiend these days

Glad you're caught up! What did you think of those?
              Warning! Rambling nonsense alert!

Spoilers for The Game, The Ark and Sunday
              Spoiler:

The Game was pretty poor in terms of plot but was made enjoyable by the banter between Shep and McKay even though I think it kind of made them come off as a bit too stupid and for some reason I can't quite put my finger on this felt like a SG1 episode. *shrugs*

The Ark
              did well in managing to create some real tension, it did drag a bit at times but even though the outcome was predictable there was still a sense of jeopardy there. It was a good episode for Shep and he had some nice moments with Ronon. And slightly OT for the whump thread but as some one who's currently sitting firmly on the fence shipping wise I personally saw more ship in that brief final scene between Shep and Teyla than in the whole of Sunday - not a convert just yet though.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. I really think I'm going to have to give this episode more time. Yes there were good bits in here and as a send off for Carson pushed all the right buttons emotionally but I can't help feeling that it never really gelled together, the writing wasn't quite tight enough and there were character interactions I'd wish we had seen, or at least seen more of.

Why couldn't Teyla have been having that conversation at the beginning with Weir for example? TPTB seem to be so good at writing strong male friendships but don't really know what to do with a female friendship, perhaps because all of tptb are male.

Of the segments, although Shep and Ronon was the funniest, I think the Rodney/Katie scene worked best for me, it was a lovely little piece of acting on DH's part, showed how sweet Rodney is underneath the bluster. I also like how they have developed Rodney's friendship with Ronon this year, there's a real warmth there. The acting toward the end, after Carson's death, was note perfect too, particularly from JF, DH and RL.

I thought the end scene was a little odd and has only served to confuse people but it was a nice send off to a much loved character. Paul McGillon brought such warmth and humour to Carson - he was the kind of character you wished existed in real life just so he could be your friend.

Okay, rambling nonsense over.

Comment

Moi? *Linz tries to do the Sheppy puppy dog eyes and fails miserably*
                Okay I am officially a sad case Mx and I are watching Hugh Grant whump on the TV and trying to imagine it as Shep!!!! we are really insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  Okay I am officially a sad case Mx and I are watching Hugh Grant whump on the TV and trying to imagine it as Shep!!!! we are really insane!
                  You're in good company! I think we're all basket cases

Soooo, is Mx excited to meet David, yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                    Me neither. I heard they're completely nuts over there
                    sigpic

Comment

Did you say Hugh GRANT whump? Where did he get whumped?

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, there is some evil whumpers bashing going on in that thread... Some people are just mean
                        See, they like to hurt and know nothing about comfort...
                        sigpic

Comment

You're in good company! I think we're all basket cases

Soooo, is Mx excited to meet David, yet?
                          David who?
                          sigpic

Comment

See, they like to hurt and know nothing about comfort...
                            Yes, they just don't grasp what we're all about

Some are even afraid of us

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                              Here's a link to the LJ Sheppard H/C Community Tristen, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you should be able to find the post with links to all the SS fics. There are links to lots of other fics there too.
                              Ooooooooohhh! Interesting, as Sheppard would say! Thanks for the link, Josie!

*races off to read wonderful Shep fics*

*skids to a halt as a thought suddenly strikes*

*smacks forehead* D'Oh! Forgot to throw in a Shep whump pic!

Phew! Ok, now I can really go off and read Shep fics! *speeds off*

X Tristen

Thanks to the lovely Pegasus SGA for the awesome sig!

Comment

David who?
                                David Bowie

Comment

Working...
                                X