No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see ya IHS!!! Stay warm with that clone of yours.
    sigpic

Comment

Good (very late) morning whumpers! *waves madly*

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      Congratulations to GG on 6200, Lauriel on 3100 and Caty on 2500!!
      And congrats to any other milestoners!
      Thanks Lorr! I didn't even notice.

CONGRATS TO GG AND CATY ON THEIR MILESTONES!!

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      WTF????? Tell me its not true... *throws temper tantrum*
      *joins GG in her temper tantrum - complete with foot stomping and throwing things*
      Spoiler:
      Carter taking command is the one thing I really didn't want to happen.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      It's not confirmed guys. It's from an article on SaveSG1.com but the way it's written doesn't make it clear if that is actually something Brad Wright actually said or just a bit of conjecture on the part of whoever wrote the article. I'm sticking my head in the sand and hoping to god it's not true... hoepfully, as mentioned by Josie, the confirmed spoiler that
      Spoiler:
      Carter will be coming to Atlantis in her own spaceship will kinda preclude her being the leader of Atlantis. Can't really do both at once, right?
      If that happens, that will be okay.
      Spoiler:
      Carter will pretty much replace Caldwell in that case. However, they are downgrading Weir, not Caldwell, so I don't know how likely that is? I'll hope for it anyway.

Originally posted by caty View Post
      Cool! I'll go with Tequila...
      I'll have one of those too, Caty.
      What bugs me is that we're going to be stressing over this for months.. cos there's no way they're gonna confirm stuff like what exactly Carter's role will be because they think it's part of the plot hints for the new season that will keep up interested/intruiged... what they don't realise is that usually info for the new season keeps the fandom interested because it sounds exciting... this time around, people are viewing the hints we're getting incredibly negatively and all it's doing is putting people off the show.

I seriously think TPTB need to get a handle on this ASAP and make some kind of statement and give us some solid facts... this kind of teaser info is not happy hiatus/keep the fanbase excited info.. it's "everybody is pissed off and are gonna stop watching" info! The fans are in desperate need of some reassurance...
      Very, very good point Ali. Tried to green you, but I have to spread it around first, darn it. I agree - some confirmed positive news would be a good idea at the moment. The truly scary thing though, is that I think TPTB already think they're doing that.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Spoiler:
        But maybe she is just coming to Atlantis on a space ship - doesn't mean that she is in command of it - isnt there a new guy who will be in command. I always wondered why Joe actually interrupted John Smith at Gmex when he was talking about SG1 characters coming over to Altantis and asked the audience if WE wanted to see SG1 characters on Atlantis - and when the audience pretty much said no - his next question was do you want to see them die on Atlantis. I got the impression he wasnt happy at all himself and wanted John Smith to hear the audiences reaction. I guess Joe was aware then exactly what was happening.
        yep good ole joe he knows what the fans want! i cant imagine the other cast members are particualry over joyed about the decision.
        this news is seriously depressing.....and i havent been around much cos ive been in the weir thread....not that im particuarly in the mood to be squeeing anyway.

Dreading the ep tomorrow, if it is THE one......*sigh* off to rant in the other thread again...

night night guys!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Sheer willpower - and possibly lots of chocolate!

P.S. Have just read even more disturbing news in the you-know-what thread.. not known yet if this is actually confirmed info from BW or just surmise from the website posting the interview details etc but...

Spoiler:
          Supposedly Carter getting promoted to full Colonel (so she outranks Shep) and being put in charge of Atlantis. *cries*

Dammit, Sheppy is the military commander! And he works WITH Weir to run the city/expedition. I don't want him reporting to a superior officer and just having to do what he's told - for god's sake this is NOT SG1 and he's not O'Neill!!!!!! Jeez, if they're gonna do that then why bother having Weir fight for him to retain his job in Intruder? Why not just stick someone in command of him right from when they reconnected with Earth. Dammit - he's the HERO of the SHOW and part of that role is him being the guy in charge!

Can you imagine him taking risks to save his friends' lives (like The Ark etc) and then coming home and having to explain his actions and most likely be disciplined by his superior officer for doing that?!!

It better not be true. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...
          is this a 'for sure' or a rumour?
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

well whumpers its time for bed for me!
            yall have sweet shep whumpy dreams and let shep take yer mind off all the bad things!!!
            stay safe!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              It's not confirmed. The way it's phrased it looks like (hopefully) the website conjecturing/fanwanking based on stuff Brad said - there's no actual specific mention of anything like that in Brad's interview.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
                well whumpers its time for bed for me!
                yall have sweet shep whumpy dreams and let shep take yer mind off all the bad things!!!
                stay safe!
                Good night Mayogaelz. I hope you do have some of those sweet whumpy dreams.
                sigpic
                My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                  Good night Mayogaelz. I hope you do have some of those sweet whumpy dreams.
                  oh i intend to
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the Golden Globes...I wish scifi tv would be up for awards.. I'd like to see Joe and David H get an award...

Its freaking cold here.... ice storm full steam ahead.. luckily I still have my internet.. cross fingers it last for awhile

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

It's not confirmed. The way it's phrased it looks like (hopefully) the website conjecturing/fanwanking based on stuff Brad said - there's no actual specific mention of anything like that in Brad's interview.
                      aw man thanks,..lets hope its not true
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by gravelgerdie View Post
                        I'm watching the Golden Globes...I wish scifi tv would be up for awards.. I'd like to see Joe and David H get an award...
                        there is always the saturn's or the spacey's

rachel and david gave a few spacey awards away last year... it was quite funny
                        Spoiler:

Comment

there is always the saturn's or the spacey's

rachel and david gave a few spacey awards away last year... it was quite funny
                          See I don't get those award shows.. it really sucks not to be able to see them.. grrrrr

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

i wonder if youtube would have them? i wish i knew how to load stuff up cause i have some of it on tape

for you 'house' people he just won one of the big awards...

i very seldome watch non sci fi

hehe i'm a sci fi snob i guess hehe
                            i'm only watching the globes till dr who comes on hehe

i don't mind award shows though
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I had to sit through RW and RCC's interview to transcribe it. Ther'es no mention of that. Did I say that before? This is deja vu....

Comment

for you 'house' people he just won one of the big awards...
                                Ooooh I was just gonna ask you if Hugh Laurie won for House! Best Actor award, I think?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X