John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    Arrggghhh! I really starting to worry about this damned fic. I've written a good portion of it and I'm now thinking it's too contrived, that I've had to crowbar the whump in and it's going to be crap. In seemed like a good idea in my head.
    Want to bounce it off someone? I need a break from writing mine, lol, so i'm happy to be a sounding board.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
      Josie, I've written fics based on other POV's and still made it very shep-centric. It's a lot of fun, so don't worry! You'll do fine.
      I agree it's great fun if you put yourself in someone else's head and run with it. It makes for great reading. And the fun thing with writing from Carson's point of view is we (the reader) get to read about all the little things you're doing to Shep, IV's, defribulating, cleaning off the blood, sedatives, escape from Carson's clutches lol. And all the angst from Beckett's POV *g*. It's going to be great.

Comment

Yeah that would work except I know bugger all about medical matters and I have written from other POV's before, even Carson's but I just think I'm going to have to scrap the whole bloody thing - it's not adhering to the prompt. Why do stories take on a life of their own?

I've fired off an e-mail to Ali, I might try and talk it through with her if she's not busy.

Comment

Poor Josie! I'm having trouble with my fic too! I just hope I'll be able to finish it in time!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            I agree it's great fun if you put yourself in someone else's head and run with it. It makes for great reading. And the fun thing with writing from Carson's point of view is we (the reader) get to read about all the little things you're doing to Shep, IV's, defribulating, cleaning off the blood, sedatives, escape from Carson's clutches lol. And all the angst from Beckett's POV *g*. It's going to be great.
            Oh yeah!

I wrote my tag for Irresponsible in Carson's POV and it's one of my favorite tags. I really like Carson's POV because you get to go in more places with him as a character than the others, because on the show, he's been the most open character with his emotions.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              Poor Josie! I'm having trouble with my fic too! I just hope I'll be able to finish it in time!
              How's the bunny linzi?
              sigpic

Comment

[quote=Josie;6134749]Yeah that would work except I know bugger all about medical matters and I have written from other POV's before, even Carson's but I just think I'm going to have to scrap the whole bloody thing - it's not adhering to the prompt. Why do stories take on a life of their own?[quote]

Ah the wonderful muse, lol, they really do have a mind of thier own hehehe. Don't know if this would help you, but if you're struggling for knowledge about medical stuff for fanfics, here ya go.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fanfic_med/

Hope it helps.

Scully

Comment

Oh yeah!

I wrote my tag for Irresponsible in Carson's POV and it's one of my favorite tags. I really like Carson's POV because you get to go in more places with him as a character than the others, because on the show, he's been the most open character with his emotions.
                  I like all your tags! Tee hee! They keep me happy! I need cheering up!
                  BTW, bunny has to go under anaesthetic tomorrow! His teeth are growing all incorrectly! That means more money, {what's new?}, but most importantly, he may not survive, as rabbits don't tolerate generals very well. Sniff, sniff..
                  sigpic

Comment

How's the bunny linzi?
                    Awww, thanks for asking, sweetie. I answered in the above post. Poor little mite has stopped eating altogether now, and is getting thin. This is the curse of having animals; it's heartbreaking when they become ill.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh no! Yes, it is heartbreaking, especially when these little ones get bad off because they aren't as hardy as cats and dogs. When our little guinea pig got sick and started going downhill, it was awful. I don't think I'll ever let the boys get another one because of it.

I hope your bunny is okay, Linzi. Very scary!

We've been very lucky overall with our dogs, just routine health care. Loki is 7 in February so hopefully he'll continue to do well. Frodo's just a baby, turned 2 this December, so he's got a ways before any health problems begin (crosses fingers).
                      sigpic

Comment

Josie - replied to your email babe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh no! Yes, it is heartbreaking, especially when these little ones get bad off because they aren't as hardy as cats and dogs. When our little guinea pig got sick and started going downhill, it was awful. I don't think I'll ever let the boys get another one because of it.

I hope your bunny is okay, Linzi. Very scary!

We've been very lucky overall with our dogs, just routine health care. Loki is 7 in February so hopefully he'll continue to do well. Frodo's just a baby, turned 2 this December, so he's got a ways before any health problems begin (crosses fingers).
                          I hope I'm as lucky as with Lucy as you've been with your dogs! I can't imagine how we'd feel if something happened to her. She's like our fourth baby!
                          I'm hoping little Peter will survive the general. Bad news is, once they've got this problem with the teeth, it's usually on-going. Poor little thing. He's so sweet natured. I suppose it's all the inbreeding that goes on. Never mind.
                          I need some Sheppy whump!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Awww, thanks for asking, sweetie. I answered in the above post. Poor little mite has stopped eating altogether now, and is getting thin. This is the curse of having animals; it's heartbreaking when they become ill.
                            Awwwww sorry to hear about the poor bunny!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Josie - replied to your email babe.
                              Thank you Ali, I'm now opening a new doc and I'm going to try and arrange what I've written into some semblance of order and see where I'm at, I just really want to get this right.

Comment

I like all your tags! Tee hee! They keep me happy! I need cheering up!
                                BTW, bunny has to go under anaesthetic tomorrow! His teeth are growing all incorrectly! That means more money, {what's new?}, but most importantly, he may not survive, as rabbits don't tolerate generals very well. Sniff, sniff..
                                Awww no...hope he'll be OK Linzi.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA
                                i won't tell him that part of my job is debating, lol, and I never get riled, so this could go on for a while...where's my chocolate cake
                                Oooh...we've got excellent amateur debaters amongst the Shep fans and now a professional one to. FAB! Speaking of chocolate...has anyone tried that 86% dark choc yet? Blimey...it's made me ever so hyper and bouncy!! Have to get more of that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X