John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m in whump mood

Cazz - I wish I could.. but am on the wrong side of the pond!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      It's a shame that the ptb are only bothering to cater to the youngsters. They don't seem to have any loyalty to the long standing fans who have watched the show since the beginning. This new cast has nothing whatsoever that interests me, maybe my kids but not me, and none of them are interested in scifi. How on earth am I meant to relate to kids with emotional problems. I guess Keller was their test run and she hasn't gone down too well.

From the bios I've seen so far Stargate will be taking a nose dive. I really can't believe what the ptb are doing to the franchise, though I do believe that if SGU tanks we will get MORE movies as this will be the only way for MGM to get revenue..

The only eps I am really looking forward to are Remnants and Vegas and also First Contact.
      I don't want to watch pretty young things - and there are so many other shows out there with them that don't require a cable subscription. Besides, I already have to deal with enough of them in RL in the labs I teach, I don't care to watch them on TV.
      sigpic

Comment

So, I can't really shift this idea. Stargate Universe: The Shep Whump version:

(no spoilers, except for SGU casting call)

Spoiler:
        "Did anyone see that?" Rodney gasped. He looked around desperately. "His finger moved. Did his finger move?" He raked his hand across his face. "Do you think he...?"

"We can only hope." Teyla touched Sheppard's hand. "He is strong."

"It's been three weeks." Ronon slammed his fist into the wall. "Three weeks!"

Three weeks... Rodney looked at Sheppard, lying so pale and still on the green sheets of the infirmary bed, his face barely visible behind the tubes. For days, he had tossed and turned in the grips of a terrible fever. When the fever had broken, they had finally dared to hope, but then he had sunk into a coma. His team had spent every waking hour at his bedside, lavishing him with care and worry and team fuzziness, but to no avail.

"I saw it, too!" Ronon cried. "He's waking up!"

"John." Teyla squeezed his hand. "Can you hear us?"

Sheppard's eyes fluttered open. "Teyla?" he whispered, mysteriously able to speak in a husky and rather sexy whisper, despite the tubes down his throat. "Rodney? Ronon?"

"We are here," they all said, exuding comfort and nice things like that.

"Thank God!" Sheppard sank back against the tasteful green pillows, his toes (which fitted perfectly onto the perfectly-sized bed) curling in relief. "I had a terrible dream." He turned towards Rodney, blinking his pain-drenched eyes. "You remember...? The thing with the crystal entity and the dreams? You said you expected more hot girls?"

"I remember," Rodney said.

"There were hot girls in this one." Sheppard shuddered. "One of them was beautiful, tough, smart and capable. The other one was..." He shuddered again. "Stunning and sexy. A party girl. A senator's daughter. Called Chloe."

"Doesn't sound too bad." Rodney's eyes went distant.

"You've not heard the half of it," Sheppard rasped. "There was a guy - every teenage girl's dream. Some Marine with a secret. A tortured genius half way between Matt Damon and Jack Black. They were having adventures. They were... were young, and... and desperate and... and... It was... It was horrible."

"It was only a dream," Rodney faltered, shaken.

Sheppard's eyes fluttered shut. "I can't..." he pleaded. "I can't stay awake. I can feel it... Please..." He grasped at Ronon's arm. "Save me, buddy. Don't make me go back there."

"Who did this?" Ronon pulled out his gun. It was obvious to all of them that some terrible, all-powerful intelligence had trapped Sheppard in this horrible dream world, because no-one good could have come up with a scenario like that. "Tell me who to kill."

"We have to stop this." Rodney stood up, chair scraping behind him. "We can't let this carry on."

"But as long as it does," Teyla said, her hand still closed on Sheppard's unresponsive one, "one of us will stay here, at his side."

"I can feel it," Sheppard croad. "Episode two. It... I can't stop it. I can't..." His eyes closed, and he lay still.

The infirmary nightmare had begun again.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post

Spoiler:
          "Did anyone see that?" Rodney gasped. He looked around desperately. "His finger moved. Did his finger move?" He raked his hand across his face. "Do you think he...?"

Three weeks... Rodney looked at Sheppard, lying so pale and still on the green sheets of the infirmary bed, his face barely visible behind the tubes. For days, he had tossed and turned in the grips of a terrible fever. When the fever had broken, they had finally dared to hope, but then he had sunk into a coma. His team had spent every waking hour at his bedside, lavishing him with care and worry and team fuzziness, but to no avail.

Sheppard's eyes fluttered open. "Teyla?" he whispered, mysteriously able to speak in a husky and rather sexy whisper, despite the tubes down his throat. "Rodney? Ronon?"

"Thank God!" Sheppard sank back against the tasteful green pillows, his toes (which fitted perfectly onto the perfectly-sized bed) curling in relief. "I had a terrible dream." He turned towards Rodney, blinking his pain-drenched eyes. "You remember...? The thing with the crystal entity and the dreams? You said you expected more hot girls?"

"There were hot girls in this one." Sheppard shuddered. "One of them was beautiful, tough, smart and capable. The other one was..." He shuddered again. "Stunning and sexy. A party girl. A senator's daughter. Called Chloe."

"You've not heard the half of it," Sheppard rasped. "There was a guy - every teenage girl's dream. Some Marine with a secret. A tortured genius half way between Matt Damon and Jack Black. They were having adventures. They were... were young, and... and desperate and... and... It was... It was horrible."

Sheppard's eyes fluttered shut. "I can't..." he pleaded. "I can't stay awake. I can feel it... Please..." He grasped at Ronon's arm. "Save me, buddy. Don't make me go back there."

"Who did this?" Ronon pulled out his gun. It was obvious to all of them that some terrible, all-powerful intelligence had trapped Sheppard in this horrible dream world, because no-one good could have come up with a scenario like that. "Tell me who to kill."

"We have to stop this." Rodney stood up, chair scraping behind him. "We can't let this carry on."

"But as long as it does," Teyla said, her hand still closed on Sheppard's unresponsive one, "one of us will stay here, at his side."

"I can feel it," Sheppard croad. "Episode two. It... I can't stop it. I can't..." His eyes closed, and he lay still.

You realize, of course, that you must now write 20 episodes of this!

Comment

Oh, Rhymer - utterly brilliant as ever... :-D

EDIT: er, um - re SG-EWE casting call...
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

OMG! That is so funny, and somehow I think much more entertaining than Stargate: Universe is ever going to be....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boolsheet View Post
                Oh, Rhymer - utterly brilliant as ever... :-D

EDIT: er, um - re SG-EWE casting call...
                Stargate: Eeeeeew! I love it!
                sigpic

Comment

There just seems to be a mis-match between the mindset of the studio/network people, who are businessmen, and think in terms of "the franchise", and the people who watch it, who fall in love with characters. They don't seem to get that love is involved.

Anyway, I've worked out how I'm coping. The whole of SGU is a horrible hallucination that Sheppard has when horribly injured and fevered and intubated in the infirmary.
                  That sounds really good. Though it really could be that Sheppy has the stomach flu cause the characters all sound like carp. That was so uncouth of me, I apologize, but it had to be said. And we are still talking about Shep whump so we aren't off topic.

Though I'm not thrilled at all about these characters I will still give it a chance, though I can still complain about it since they are taking our Shep away from us. *curses*

Originally posted by Boolsheet View Post
                  Thank you, everyone, re your collective fingers-on-the-pulse. I'm actually kinda new to SGA - I only fell in love with SGA mid-way through season 4. No, really! Before that, I just kind of noticed the cute guy with the messy hair and the elf ears, but thought that the hair was a gel job. It GROWS that way. Like, duh. (Gotta love it.) Then I watched a few back episodes. I think I was smitten with Shep with 'I shot him! In the leg!' and then - the subsequent, adorkable shrug. OMG. Guh...
                  Now I can't get enough. What I'm trying to say is - I'm basically playing 'catch-up'. Plus, I've always been a whumper. Since I can remember. I even had a blatht with Thunderbird puppet whump, back in the day. Yep, whumper, born and bred/as the day is long/till the end of time/thru'n'thru/to the nth degree. Just didn't recognise it for the phenomenon that it is. Thought I was - not quite right. Uh. Yuh. (Huck yuck.) Maybe I'm not - quite right, that is - but at least I'm 'not quite right' in great company!
                  In a way I envy you. It's all new. New episodes to watch and whumpage to discover. Let us know if you want any whumping episode suggestions. We'd be happy to suggest a few to you.

Spoiler:

Do you know how hard it is to not burst out laughing in the middle of the office? OMG that's hilarious.
                  sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                  &
                  AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Afternoon Whumpers!

How is everyone today? I am off to catch up.

RHYMER......you crack me up!

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Stargate 90210........*cackles*

This place makes me smile every day!

Looking forward to "Remnants" and "Vegas".......don't know why.........

I sure am tired of always being in a demographic who doesn't matter to executives.....*grumble so I don't start cursing like a sailor*

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

Dang it, i lost a perfectly good post earlier, and I'm risking all to be here now!

Vegas, TDV, Remnants speculation
                        Spoiler:
                        I wonder if they would do AU or hallucination in Vegas since TDV was AU & Remnants is supposed to be hallucination/dream/planted thoughts.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        Very good comparison there

I suppose I feel let down that my show was cancelled for a show which doesn't want me as a viewer. I want Sheppard, McKay et al. They're the characters I care about. Particularly Sheppard. How can I care about young 20 year olds who appear to be such clichés? It'll be like watching the OC or something. That's fine for my daughters, but not me!

I want my whumped Sheppy. I don't want pretty young things who are shallow! I want SGA back!

I have a horrible feeling I'm not going to get this out of my system for a long time, am I?

*Goes to her happy place feeling desperate to see Remnants and Vegas*
                        ITA!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                        The SAVE SGA campaign are trying to organise a protest in LA, this member has asked anybody interested to get in touch with her: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2496

Wish I could go.

Spoiler:

You are crazed! But, it's kind of like how I feel.

SGU, aka -
                        Spoiler:
                        Stargate: Daddy Day Care
                        Stargate: 90210
                        Stargate: The OC
                        Stargate: Dawson's Creek

Lordy, I need to watch Sep whump tonight!
                        Last edited by Lorr; 18 September 2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hi there, Sherryw! Caught up good and proper, no worries. Have seen every eppie - some only once like Trio and Missing - *yawn* - but, oh, I sooo caught up on, say, 38 Minutes *swoon* and Conversion *gathp* and... *pauses to gather self* - TDO *guh*...
                          Not a CG fan, to be honest. I think Conversion is my fave, but - still can't get over S&R and The Seed. Totally gobsmacked about both of those. Used to think Indy and Mulder were eminently whumpable, but - Sheppy! Ghaaah! To my mind, he holds the title for Grand High Whumpee. *sigh*

EDIT: JF didn't care to do 38 Minutes, as I am given to understand. He was stuck lying down for 8 days or so. He did enjoy doing TDO, apparently, as it was all action. I hope JF gets a bloody brilliant action role in a new series. Primetime, of course. :-D

EDIT EDIT: Although, I must say, JF should hit the big screen. Er, um - with some well serious whump a la Indy. Yes? Yesss!
                          Last edited by Strey; 18 September 2008, 04:41 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Priceless!!

*I've lost my squee*
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                            GateCon Attendee 2008
                            Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Noooo! NO-ONE loses their squee! Not on Shep's watch. It ain't happenin'! Nuh uh!
                              sigpic

Comment

(((Hugs))) Pisces! We'll look around and find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X