Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
    Cool! Could you scan it ?!

I disagree. I love season 5 so far, and while I do NOT look forward to a certain something coming up, I have to say my expectations for The Seed and Broken Ties as well as TDV were exceeded, S&R was the absolute hit on the head of the nail for me so far, and I loved all 4 of them! I´m also getting this feeling that we will have much more teaminess (is that a word?, LOL) to look forward to, and so far, the show hasn´t disappointed me in that regard for the past few weeks. I also thought I would hate Woolsey, but I don´t mind him at all anymore.

So, in that light, I´m looking forward to this season!
    ITA SAF!!! All of the eps exceeded my expectations uptil now. I loved all four eps a lot, especially BT. I was so surprised by that one.

And is it me, or does JF look younger this season than last? Don´t get me wrong, he looked good in s4 too, but during some episodes, I could tell that he seemed exhausted. He looks, well, how to put this... fresher ?! this season!
    I know what you mean! I can't really explain it either, but I think I know what you mean, and I agree. Joe looks gorgeous this season!

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
    Hello Whumpers!

Sorry I'm so late reporting in today. Got back from the urologist a while ago. THEN I had to wait for hubby to get off the computer.

While I was waiting, I watched some swimming from Beijing. Michael Phelps! WOW.

Okay.......I have a Shep Whump! Removal of a stent from the kidney. Honestly, that kinda hurt! Briefly, but still, I was asleep when they put it in me. I know.....like hubby said......TMI!

Off to catch up.

IHS
    Hope you'll feel all better soon IHS!! *pats* I won't hug, that will probably hurt a bit

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    OT
    Spoiler:
    Just got a call from a lady at Warp Films (they made This is England that won the Bafta for Best British Film ) about an internship! We're going for a coffee on either friday or monday (I don't like coffee but what they hey ) and she thinks they might have something for me in the next few weeks!!!

As I said in another thread, awesome
    Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
    Save Our Seeker!
    LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
      Thank you LORR! I'm getting there!

I have decided this is the reason for Whump in the World.......yes, you may suffer, but by the next week, you're good to go again. And you never hear about insurance while our heroes are in the Infirmary. ON AN ALL-NEW STARGATE ATLANTIS: Col. John Sheppard takes on his most fearsome adversary EVER.......his insurance company!

Seriously, I am looking forward to more SGA. *grin*

IHS
      How sad it is that this is so true!!!! It did make me laugh though! He can get a crick in his neck from being on the phone for hours at a time getting the run around to different departments. He can get that elusive paper cut opening one of the millions of letters they send to clear up things.

Glad you are feeling better though.

Cazz - that is great news!!! Hope all goes well.

Hope all whumpers have a great day. I miss being able to get on during the day and play. Looks like that won't be changing much when school starts up again. Well, it gives me something to look forward to when I get home at night.
      sigpic

Comment

SheppyD - hope you had a smashing time yesterday sweetie!

Thanks for those interviews Lythisrose and Prion. Awwww...Jason is very fond of Joe isn't he?!! And The Sun interview...bits of wood? Linzi - I thought it was cornmeal to. P'raps it just felt like pieces of wood!! Hee hee!!

Good luck on your news Cazz!

I watched the Mission Directive on Outcast yesterday...
        Spoiler:
        I think I might have giggled a bit at Joe's stunt double's 'hair'!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          it was horrendous wasn't it?! I guess he was just travelling too fast (and backwards) for us to notice in the show! lol
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

OMG!
            Just saw a promo for SGA S and R on Sky One! Wow! It was brilliant! Much better than the SciFi one's

S and R:
            Spoiler:
            It had Michael being all evil and saying about his evil plans, and the baby being born and Michael wanting the baby and THEN!!!!! They showed Ronon pulling out the rebar on Sheppard!!!!!!!!! And then Shep being trapped etc....IT WAS AWESOME AND I SQUEEEEED!!!!!
            Guess I won't need to send the email to Sky now!

OT
            Spoiler:
            Just got a call from a lady at Warp Films (they made This is England that won the Bafta for Best British Film ) about an internship! We're going for a coffee on either friday or monday (I don't like coffee but what they hey ) and she thinks they might have something for me in the next few weeks!!!

Woo hoo! Well done, Cazz!

Thanks for those interviews Lythisrose and Prion. Awwww...Jason is very fond of Joe isn't he?!! And The Sun interview...bits of wood? Linzi - I thought it was cornmeal to. P'raps it just felt like pieces of wood!! Hee hee!!

Spoiler:

Perhaps the cornmeal FELT like woo d indeed! Or maybe Joe has delicate skin? All those garlic sandwiches? Oh the hair?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              OMG!
              Just saw a promo for SGA S and R on Sky One! Wow! It was brilliant! Much better than the SciFi one's

S and R:
              Spoiler:
              It had Michael being all evil and saying about his evil plans, and the baby being born and Michael wanting the baby and THEN!!!!! They showed Ronon pulling out the rebar on Sheppard!!!!!!!!! And then Shep being trapped etc....IT WAS AWESOME AND I SQUEEEEED!!!!!
              SQUEEEEEE...I'll look out for that one!

Perhaps the cornmeal FELT like woo d indeed! Or maybe Joe has delicate skin? All those garlic sandwiches? Oh the hair?

Comment

OMG!

S and R:
                Spoiler:

Arhhhh! Why am I at work? I wanna see it As soon as I get home I'll be glued to Sky One til it comes on! And thanx

Thanx to Eli, Squonk, San, Ali and Pocus too!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  I thought they had used cornmeal, too (at least I think I remember reading in JM's blog). Maybe they used the 'chunky' version?

As for the Sun, if it was online, it doesn't count? (I was amazed at the tabloid nature of some of the papers when I was in London).
                  It just so happens that I've just watched the commentary for TLM and they definitely said it was cornmeal. Someone must have told Joe that it was sawdust or something. Whatever. I should think if accidentally breathed in, both wouldn't be too good for the lungs.

And according to the commentary
                  Spoiler:
                  Joe had definately had enough after the 5th take.

You lucky guys in Britain who get Sky One. I would love it over here but once again I'm sitting on the wrong piece of turf. Something to do with an EU ruling that doesn't allow each countries pay for view TV to be seen outside their borders. I'm a Brit for crying out loud, shouldn't I be allowed to watch my countries TV. And they call it a United Europe. My ass - only when it suits them.

Astral steps off soap box, stomps feet and
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                    It just so happens that I've just watched the commentary for TLM and they definitely said it was cornmeal. Someone must have told Joe that it was sawdust or something. Whatever. I should think if accidentally breathed in, both wouldn't be too good for the lungs.

And according to the commentary
                    Spoiler:
                    Joe had definately had enough after the 5th take.

You lucky guys in Britain who get Sky One. I would love it over here but once again I'm sitting on the wrong piece of turf. Something to do with an EU ruling that doesn't allow each countries pay for view TV to be seen outside their borders. I'm a Brit for crying out loud, shouldn't I be allowed to watch my countries TV. And they call it a United Europe. My ass - only when it suits them.

Astral steps off soap box, stomps feet and
                    I didn't know that! If you're outside the UK you can't pay for Sky? You'd think if you paid for it that it wouldn't matter which country you're in! I wonder why the EU doesn't allow that? Well that's just plain stupid if you ask me - and annoying! Poor you
                    sigpic

Comment

You can only get the TV available in the country you're living in. A German person living in the UK can't pay to get German cable/satellite TV and likewise a British person living in Germany can't pay to get Sky/Virgin.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        You can only get the TV available in the country you're living in. A German person living in the UK can't pay to get German cable/satellite TV and likewise a British person living in Germany can't pay to get Sky/Virgin.
                        Interesting. I think with some satellite systems here you may be able to get foreign programming - of course that may necessitate a big dish on the roof (and serious potential for whump).
                        sigpic

Comment

OT
                          Spoiler:

that sounds great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I was going to say maybe Sky has someone from SciFi advising on their promos, but it sounds like they did a good job on one. They could have played it sooner, though.

Why do I have to be at work? Have a great day, whumpers!

Comment

I didn't know that! If you're outside the UK you can't pay for Sky? You'd think if you paid for it that it wouldn't matter which country you're in! I wonder why the EU doesn't allow that? Well that's just plain stupid if you ask me - and annoying! Poor you
                            The ironic part about it is, when Sky first started (early nineties I think) they were pan European. I remember being so excited about getting English programmes but they turned out to be not so good. (Mainly games shows from the US). Then for a while we had NBC instead but they only showed Jay Leno, Conan and The Today Show. I now have digital cable but the English channels are very limited they include BBC Prime (that's the best of the BBC but they do tend to repeat things), BBC World, CNN, Nat. Geographic and a few other music and sports channels. Our Scifi channel is all in German and they don't show SGA anyway. That's left to RTL2 and they are miles behind.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Yep, I think that ruling was made during the Thatcher years. Although German person living in the UK has far more choice of free for view programming than the other way around. My friend's mum lives in the UK but she comes from Hamburg. With her sat. system she can watch most of the German channels except Premiere (which is pay for view).

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            Interesting. I think with some satellite systems here you may be able to get foreign programming - of course that may necessitate a big dish on the roof (and serious potential for whump).
                            It's the same here if the channel is free for view and you can receive it. Unfortunately, the BBC and ITV send their stuff on a very narrow frequency and I'd need a whopping dish to receive them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good Morning everyone!!

Cazz - great news!! Best of luck!!

Linzi -Squeee for the S&R promo, but I think I would've been disappointed in the ep after seeing that promo though. Something about not knowing what was to happen made it all the more whumpy good. The promo you described, kinda gave away that one surprise element.

Well, I think I am nearly packed for Vancouver. Just got the day to day things that need to be packed and those can't go in till just before I leave.
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Sherry!
                                Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                                Roo - good to see you again, good news on getting a room in Oxford, best of luck with the job, when it starts.

Sherry - good to see you too!!
                                Hi Sherry!
                                Thanks everyone it's good to be back again.

OT
                                Spoiler:

Cazz that's great news. I wish you the best of luck with that.

Spoiler:

Can someone put the Jason interview link up? Thanks!

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                Good Morning everyone!!

Cazz - great news!! Best of luck!!

Linzi -Squeee for the S&R promo, but I think I would've been disappointed in the ep after seeing that promo though. Something about not knowing what was to happen made it all the more whumpy good. The promo you described, kinda gave away that one surprise element.

Well, I think I am nearly packed for Vancouver. Just got the day to day things that need to be packed and those can't go in till just before I leave.
                                GG have a great time in Vancouver!!!

SheppyD happy late b-day.

IHS I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. I do know how you feel.

Well I'm sneaking in here at work. I better get back to it. Have a great day everyone. *waves*
                                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                                &
                                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Working...
                                X