John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    OMG! He is probably in such deep **** for saying that!! LOL My local Borders still had the Mar/Apr edition today. I need to keep checking back!
    I bet!!

Originally posted by caty View Post
    Yeah, he also says that he always speaks his mind... *luvs Joe*
    Me to! Bless him!

Anyone fancy having lunch with Joe? I don't think I'd actually manage to eat anything!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54066

Last edited by Elinor; 15 April 2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
      I bet!!

Me to! Bless him!

Anyone fancy having lunch with Joe? I don't think I'd actually manage to eat anything!!

If I had the money I wouldn't mind planning a vaction around that! Sigh some lucky soul then.
      My fanfic-
      http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

That was really interesting!

Mag spoilers
        Spoiler:
        We know that McKay was Martin Gero's favorite character to write, but he also admits that Keller is his new favorite... *shakes head* I just don't get it why they love her so much...

And Joe's interview was great! I wonder what his solution about the distance is. I can only imagine it's very hard!
        And he wants his own episode... No kidding! Hear this, JM?

Also, I thought it was hilarious when he said that the writers skill does not lie in developing characters but in the tech stuff

He is SO right!

Glad you and everyone liked the link. I agree with your comments Caty!
        My fanfic-
        http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen999 View Post
          Glad you and everyone liked the link. I agree with your comments Caty!
          I agree too. Thanks for the link, Kristen. My mag will be popping through my letterbox soon, but I had a look anyway!

I don't think JF would be in trouble for making those observations about the scifi stuff versus character development. That comment has been made by him many times before and it is the nature of the show. It can't show everything because it's too expensive so things have to be explained to us. That means there's tonnes of exposition, which takes up time. My personal opinion is that if the main cast was smaller, more development of characters could go ahead...

I'm with you on the Keller thing too. For goodness sake Mr Gero, Missing came and went and if anything it appears to have made Keller a less favoured character than before. Keller appears, certainly in the fandom, obviously nobody knows about the general viewing public, but as far as the fandom goes, from what I can see - Keller is the least popular character now.

I feel sad about that personally. I really want to love Keller. Sadly it hasn't happened for me yet - and it's not as if I was dying to see Beckett back either. I just haven't warmed to her. Don't dislike her, but can't say I adore her either.

What did make me smile was that MG said Keller is his new fav character...wow, there's a surprise! It sometimes DOES amaze me how out of touch some of the writers are with the fandom, and as far as Keller is concerned with the critics too!

Great interview with Joe though. SO thanks for that, Kristen! Can't wait to get my copy!

Now, back to whumpidoodles:

Anyone looking forward to S and R?

Oh, Lorr - I was saying the exact same thing as you to SheppyD yesterday. I too don't want any spoilerish piccies of Shep from S and R. My interest in the eppie has been piqued from what I know already, and I don't want too much more. In fact, at the moment, S and R is the only eppie I'm actually looking forward to. I can't say any others have me thrilled at the moment, though Deadalus Variations, GitM and BT sound interesting to me. Shame their not Shep centric, but looks like we're not getting any of those in the first half. I just hope TPTB have got the message and are writing something good for Shep in the backhalf of the season. What about the Extreme Shep Whumpage episode? Hmmmmm?

Trying out the thumbnail feature again!

commonground0195-resized.jpg
          Last edited by Linzi; 15 April 2008, 11:55 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I agree too. Thanks for the link, Kristen. My mag will be popping through my letterbox soon, but I had a look anyway!

I don't think JF would be in trouble for making those observations about the scifi stuff versus character development. That comment has been made by him many times before and it is the nature of the show. It can't show everything because it's too expensive so things have to be explained to us. That means there's tonnes of exposition, which takes up time. My personal opinion is that if the main cast was smaller, more development of characters could go ahead...

I'm with you on the Keller thing too. For goodness sake Mr Gero, Missing came and went and if anything it appears to have made Keller a less favoured character than before. Keller appears, certainly in the fandom, obviously nobody knows about the general viewing public, but as far as the fandom goes, from what I can see - Keller is the least popular character now.

I feel sad about that personally. I really want to love Keller. Sadly it hasn't happened for me yet - and it's not as if I was dying to see Beckett back either. I just haven't warmed to her. Don't dislike her, but can't say I adore her either.

What did make me smile was that MG said Keller is his new fav character...wow, there's a surprise! It sometimes DOES amaze me how out of touch some of the writers are with the fandom, and as far as Keller is concerned with the critics too!

Great interview with Joe though. SO thanks for that, Kristen! Can't wait to get my copy!

Now, back to whumpidoodles:

Anyone looking forward to S and R?

Oh, Lorr - I was saying the exact same thing as you to SheppyD yesterday. I too don't want any spoilerish piccies of Shep from S and R. My interest in the eppie has been piqued from what I know already, and I don't want too much more. In fact, at the moment, S and R is the only eppie I'm actually looking forward to. I can't say any others have me thrilled at the moment, though Deadalus Variations, GitM and BT sound interesting to me. Shame their not Shep centric, but looks like we're not getting any of those in the first half. I just hope TPTB have got the message and are writing something good for Shep in the backhalf of the season. What about the Extreme Shep Whumpage episode? Hmmmmm?

Trying out the thumbnail feature again!

[ATTACH]5345[/ATTACH]
            worked a treat....mmmm, gagged & bound and whumped...my kinda Shep fix!

As for the whole Keller thing, quite frankly - what do you expect from a bunch of geek boy writers? I'm surprised they don't have her running around in a metallic bikini most of the time...(that and the fact that they still think sci-fi is the sole province of nerdy boys, and discount the huge number of FEMALES who watch the show!)
            sigpic
            My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

I bet!!

Me to! Bless him!

Would love to but the trip would cost a fortune from the UK LOL

PS where can I find out about the tumbnail feature?
              sigpic
              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

I bet!!

Me to! Bless him!

Thanks for the link Elinor. Not that I could afford to bid anyway. Even if I could it would probably turn out to be a disaster as I won't be able to speak or eat. And if I did eat I'd probably end up spilling my drink on him or something like that. My nerves would be so bad.

I'm kind of hoping that the reason JM hasn't posted any pics of Joe from S & R is because they would be so spoilery that they would give everything away. Well a girl can hope.

I haven't got the new SG magazine yet but it should arrive soon. (I now have a subscription since it is so difficult to find here in Germany). Good for Joe speaking his mind like that but I have a feeling it doesn't buy him any friends among the writers.

As for MG and the others, you are right Linzi they need to get a focus on what the fans want and not what they want.

Lastly does this new picture ruling mean that we can't post pictures directly onto our reply anymore? Or do they have to be a certain size? I mean the thumbnails are OK but it's just not the same. What's going to happen when I want to post lovely HD caps of the new episodes???
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Anouke!

I love the pic in your sig! Nice job!
                  Hi Caty!!

Thanks for the comment Like Cazz said they are on rotate so you're not going mad lol! Which was the first one you saw? Maybe I should just stick with the one!

"Of course, in all fairness, life-sucking aliens weren't part of the brochure."

My facebook

Comment

O man I could totally afford to bid on that if I wasn't stuck out here in Iraq *crys* It's not fair!!
                    SHEPPARD: Eight hundred and four years.
                    McKAY: What?
                    SHEPPARD: That's how long it will take us to come get you by Puddlejumper.
                    McKAY: But you would do that, right?
                    SHEPPARD: Of course we would.

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                      Hello everyone. Good to see that everyone just about has their squee back. I know it would triple if JM would throw the whumpers a nice pic or two, but I don't think we will get that lucky.

On a seperate note, would anyone be interested in making some wallpaper pics for me? I'm looking for something from Aurora, DG, Submersion, Vengeance, First Strike or any that you may come up with.

Thanks!!!
                      Are you wanting Shep wallpapers or episode ones?

I have Shep ones for Aurora and Vengence:

Aurora

Vengence

I've got several Sheyla WP's for Vengence and Submersion too

For S&R I don't want to know much more at all! I'm already excited for that ep I want to be excited about others too

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Aurora

Vengence

For S&R I don't want to know much more at all! I'm already excited for that ep I want to be excited about others too

Love the wallpapers Cazz. Tried to green you but it says I need to spread some more green around first haha!
                        "Of course, in all fairness, life-sucking aliens weren't part of the brochure."

My facebook

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Aurora

Vengence

Beautiful Cazz! I totally snurched and am looking at a beautiful blue Shep wallie!
                          Originally posted by Anouke View Post
                          Love the wallpapers Cazz. Tried to green you but it says I need to spread some more green around first haha!
                          Same for me! Mental green then Cazz!
                          Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                          Save Our Seeker!
                          LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                            Beautiful Cazz! I totally snurched and am looking at a beautiful blue Shep wallie!

Same for me! Mental green then Cazz!
                            Thanx Anouke and SG!

I like any green! Tis my favourite colour

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hi Caty!!

Thanks for the comment Like Cazz said they are on rotate so you're not going mad lol! Which was the first one you saw? Maybe I should just stick with the one!

You're welcome! The one I saw first was the black and white one where you can only see half his face. I just love that pic!

But I think having it on rotate is very clever! I like the other ones too...
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

love the wallpapers cazz!!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Working...
                                X