John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    I wish all Dentists would do that. It got to the point that I would tell them don't bother to numb it because it wasn't numb until they were done.
    Well with my previous dentists back in N Wales (that I'd been going to since I was a child) when I got to about 14 or so I'd had enough and once he'd done the injection I told him quite firmly he was NOT touching me until I could feel it had gone numb! I seem to recall I made him stand on the other side of the room until I was happy my mouth was numb and then I let him approach..

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Some more whump pics.

[...]

Oops wrong show!
    Heh. I don't mind hon!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
      GOOD MORNING!!!

I'm nervous about TLM. I know almost nothing about it! I'm afraid of the cliffie! Everyone is saying how evil it's going to be! And then wait over 4 months to know what happens! I can't stand it!!! But there is no way to avoid it. I'm going to go insane!!! *pulls hairs out*

Squonk, about the techinique,

OT about giving an injection. If you don't like it, don't read it.
      Spoiler:
      the difference is that for kids, you use that oilment first and leave it for several minutes, I like the one that has a nice smell (since I never tasted it) of tuti-fruti. Then you never show needle. You always work behind the patient and hide the injection for as long as you can and move swiftly to inside the patiend (without him noticing), you also put a hand in front of their eyes, grabing the lips to open space and hide the final approach. You don't insert the needle, you bring the tissue to it. You start releasing fluid as soon as you are inside, so the patient doesn't feel the needle moving (which I believe hurts). When you find the correct spot you continue releasing as slowly as possible. The slower the better. It can take several minutes. Also, if you need another injection to complement you'll always either use oilment, or start the needle at a point already numb and travel from there. You can numb a little piece, remove the needle, move a little further, numb more, remove needle, re-insert a little further, until you reach the point you want. It also helps to ALWAYS have a gauze in hand. Don't let the patient taste blood. Hide the needle with it during approach and removal. Be quick with these movements. Don't EVER say it's not going to hurt. Don't warn when you're going to start, especialy if the patient is so scared he has the eyes closed. This way he may not even notice when you're done.

I guess I got a little carried away.... What can I do? I love my profession!
      If only there were more dentists like you, Erika...

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
      Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey has anyone noticed that the advertising links below have all changed to things to do with dentists? I keep getting dental implant links popping up ! hehehe

We will have to change the subject so we get new ones!!!

Lets see what we get if we have a lot of intubation!

Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated
        Intubated

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          Hey has anyone noticed that the advertising links below have all changed to things to do with dentists? I keep getting dental implant links popping up ! hehehe

Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated
          Intubated

At least it's not the romantic couples dating agency thing I normally get popping up!

I think we need to talk about intubation kits and IV's Then we could get some whumpy equipment ads!
          sigpic

Comment

Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Intubated
            Maybe we should talk about nekkid, intubated and defibbed and see if they change

Comment

Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              Intubated
              OMG, you're right

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Did you just add that bit about the intubated Sheppy D before I posted? *giggles*

Great minds!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  Maybe we should talk about nekkid, intubated and defibbed and see if they change
                  Nekkid?

I don't want to know what will pop up then!
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you just add that bit about the intubated Sheppy D before I posted? *giggles*

Great minds!
                    Sure did!!!!!

Let me add a few more - I am determined to get relevant ads!

Intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated hehehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Nekkid?

Yeah, but if we put 'Shep, nekkid and intubated' we might hit the jackpot.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        Nekkid?

Comment

Sure did!!!!!

Let me add a few more - I am determined to get relevant ads!

Intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated, intubated hehehehe!
                          I knew you had. Last time we talked for a day or two about intubating Shep the ads that came up were for defib paddles. hehehehe

Comment

I knew you had. Last time we talked for a day or two about intubating Shep the ads that came up were for defib paddles. hehehehe
                            Oh we need them back - now I have stuff about Dubai and ringtones!

*wants whump thread to have whumpy ad links* hehehehe!!!

Comment

Yeah, but if we put 'Shep, nekkid and intubated' we might hit the jackpot.
                              I'm all for hitting the jackpot!
                              indeed!
                              Really? Defibrillation, defibrillation, defibrillation ......
                              Oh we need them back - now I have stuff about Dubai and ringtones!

*wants whump thread to have whumpy ad links* hehehehe!!!
                              Me too!

Intubation
                              Intra venous canular
                              defibrillation
                              badages
                              thermometers

I wonder if those might help?
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok, so I have gay online dating ads! How does that tie in to whump? No forget I just asked that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X