John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    ^If you haven't already you might like to try the Sheppard Hurt/Comfort community on LJ and Stargate Gen Rec also on LJ. I'm sure there are a ton of other LJ fic communities out there too.

Some of the fic will be stuff you're familiar with from FF.net but you should find some new fics to keep you busy too.
    Oh thanks so much! I'll be going there now for a much needed escape from AP Euro notecards

I swear, the teachers have it in for us...
    sigpic

Comment

Hello Whumpers!

Sorry its been a while, did you all have nice holidays?

Really excited - my season three of Atlantis has been posted from play.com so will hopefully be here for tomorrow! Guess what ep I'm watching first!!

Loving all the squee in here at the moment!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

I know this is probably strange but, I think I saw Ali or at least someone I thought was Ali on BBCs The Weakest Link recently or was it just me hallucinating on cold/flu medication? lol.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by H Louise View Post
          I know this is probably strange but, I think I saw Ali or at least someone I thought was Ali on BBCs The Weakest Link recently or was it just me hallucinating on cold/flu medication? lol.
          not hallucinating, it was indeed Ali

Comment

Really?! Wow! Yay, I'm not nuts - well not more than usual. lol.

Ali won didn't she.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by H Louise View Post
              Really?! Wow! Yay, I'm not nuts - well not more than usual. lol.

Ali won didn't she.
              Yes, it was me - and yes, I won!
              sigpic

Comment

afternoon whumpers
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Did you (or anyone else) ever get it uploaded to the net anywhere?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                    Did you (or anyone else) ever get it uploaded to the net anywhere?
                    Planning to but it's a fiddly process and not one I'm very familiar with. I've got the file on the computer now but I need to convert it to .avi or something as it's WAAAAY too huge in the format it's in right now. Hubby has installed the programme I need to do it but it takes aaaaages (like HOURS!) to do it. Might see if I can set it running tonight and leave it going overnight.
                    sigpic

Comment

Planning to but it's a fiddly process and not one I'm very familiar with. I've got the file on the computer now but I need to convert it to .avi or something as it's WAAAAY too huge in the format it's in right now. Hubby has installed the programme I need to do it but it takes aaaaages (like HOURS!) to do it. Might see if I can set it running tonight and leave it going overnight.
                      Well hon, you take your time. Just post on here when you get it because I'm dying to watch it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                        Well hon, you take your time. Just post on here when you get it because I'm dying to watch it!
                        Oh, yeah, me too!!!
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Hey, whumpers! I wish I could get in here earlier so that I could actually participate in more of the conversations. I won't be here so much today, though, as I woke up with a migraine (or something so close to one it's not funny).

Great to see you back, H Louise!!

Sorry you didn't like SoW as much as some of us, Squonk. I thought
                          Spoiler:
                          it moved all the storylines along and gave us long needed background on so many things, as well as having some of the best team/character scenes so far.

Someone mentioned the locker room and Teyla walking in. I thought the same thing, but after watching the ep a couple more times, I think it was just intended to be the room were tac vests and weapons are kept, and must be close to the gate room. That would make is handy for grabbing stuff in a hurry.

Something struck me when I watched BAMSR the other day. Minor spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          This was the first time Sheppard said they were trusting Rodney since Trinity. It was when Caldwell or Ellis asked if they were trusting Fran. Halfway through the statement, Shep hesitated, seeming to realize what he was saying. At least that's my take on it. If I'm right, I think it's a neat touch on the writer's, and Joe's, part to acknowledge the regaining of the lost trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                            Hey, whumpers! I wish I could get in here earlier so that I could actually participate in more of the conversations. I won't be here so much today, though, as I woke up with a migraine (or something so close to one it's not funny).

Great to see you back, H Louise!!

Sorry you didn't like SoW as much as some of us, Squonk. I thought
                            Spoiler:
                            it moved all the storylines along and gave us long needed background on so many things, as well as having some of the best team/character scenes so far.

Someone mentioned the locker room and Teyla walking in. I thought the same thing, but after watching the ep a couple more times, I think it was just intended to be the room were tac vests and weapons are kept, and must be close to the gate room. That would make is handy for grabbing stuff in a hurry.

Something struck me when I watched BAMSR the other day. Minor spoiler
                            Spoiler:
                            This was the first time Sheppard said they were trusting Rodney since Trinity. It was when Caldwell or Ellis asked if they were trusting Fran. Halfway through the statement, Shep hesitated, seeming to realize what he was saying. At least that's my take on it. If I'm right, I think it's a neat touch on the writer's, and Joe's, part to acknowledge the regaining of the lost trust.
                            Hope you feel better soon.

Neat thought on BAMSR. I doubt they would have thought of it like you did, but it fits nicely!!! They don't seem to tie things together like we do!
                            sigpic

Comment

I wanna see it, too... I remember you talking about it. Are you rich now? I've never seen TWL..
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                Spoils of War....

Spoiler:
                                I think this episode is my favourtie of the season... it just had everything in it for me and hit the nail of the head with action, character moments and just all round good suspense... I think the character moments have been lacking a little this season.. or just havn't gelled as much as I would have liked. I love team episodes as well and I thought everyone shone in tonights ep, even Lorne and Zelenka, but I have to give praise to Joe and Rachel for doing such an awsome job... The wonderful emotional character moments are really what draw me to the show... I loved Bamsr but didnt find it as amazing as some did but then space battles are not my most important reason for watching. But SOW had a healthy dose of everything.

The locker room scene has to be one of my favourite scenes ever because it actually gave an air of realism to the show.. we have never really had a "behind the scene", scene showing them preparing for a mission and it was pure gold and handled so well. I laughed out loud when Ronan had to drag Rodney out and as usual Rodney just doesn't take subtle hints....

I can't think of anything I didnt like about his episode and I can rewatch it entirely without fast forwarding which is something I havn't been able to do in a long time, actually probably since 38 minutes and I still fast forward a few scenes out there as well... none of the puddle jumber scenes with Shep though.
                                Salty and I
                                Spoiler:
                                got to see the set of the locker room. I think Salty may have posted some pictures of it on her live journal. We just didn't know which show was going to have it. Technically we were not suppose to take pictures of it. We also got to see the some of the sets for spoils of war but were not allowed to take pictures. Plus we didn't know what we were seeing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X