No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! It's the very first time ever that I post something on a whumping thread, actually untill some days ago I didn't know what that means - it's not a real word, no? Anyway, and feeling a little sorry for myself because I found out that I like very much to see a certain individual suffer -I must be a very bad person - here I am.
    Your comments, the pictures , the fics you ladies write are amazing.... If you don't mind, I'll be around lurking and maybe posting sometimes...

Comment

*drools* Guh...lovely pics...now that'll wake me up. I just got out of bed feeling like I could sleep for another day. Bug guy's going to be here in just over an hour and god, my backyard is littered with paper and firework wrappings and it'll be a miracle if I get my hair brushed LOL. Why did I think first thing in the morning was a good idea?

Today is T minus 9!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anaM
        Hi everyone! It's the very first time ever that I post something on a whumping thread, actually untill some days ago I didn't know what that means - it's not a real word, no? Anyway, and feeling a little sorry for myself because I found out that I like very much to see a certain individual suffer -I must be a very bad person - here I am.
        Your comments, the pictures , the fics you ladies write are amazing.... If you don't mind, I'll be around lurking and maybe posting sometimes...
        Welcome to the thread Ana - nice to see you here!

Don't worry, you are not alone and it's perfectly normal to like whumping... we're all very normal in here aren't we everyone? *ahem* Everyone? Hello?

Whumping is kind of an invented word but it can be called lots of things.. angst, hurt/comfort etc. But we like the word WHUMP!

Don't feel sorry for yourself, embrace the whump! The whump is good!

Seriously... I don't pretend to know where the attraction stems from but it's a fact that whump is enjoyable.. that we like to see the characters we like suffer and (most importantly) be comforted. Maybe it's something to do with the mothering instinct, maybe it's because adversity allows true strength and courage to shine through? Who knows? Either way.. it's something many people enjoy and the film/TV industry etc obviously recognise this, otherwise why whould there be so much whumpage in our entertainment?

Anyway, welcome again to the thread and don't be afraid to join in with the insanity in here!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
          *drools* Guh...lovely pics...now that'll wake me up. I just got out of bed feeling like I could sleep for another day. Bug guy's going to be here in just over an hour and god, my backyard is littered with paper and firework wrappings and it'll be a miracle if I get my hair brushed LOL. Why did I think first thing in the morning was a good idea?

Today is T minus 9!
          Careful IWTB: if the bug guy comes back inside with his jacket zipped up around his neck, you may have an Iratus bug infestation in your shed! If it is at all possible, have Beckett there carrying salt water, and Ronan nearby with his gun, just in case.
          sigpic
          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
            Careful IWTB: if the bug guy comes back inside with his jacket zipped up around his neck, you may have an Iratus bug infestation in your shed! If it is at all possible, have Beckett there carrying salt water, and Ronan nearby with his gun, just in case.
            *heeee*
            sigpic

Comment

*snort* Lauriel -- I tell you, down here, we've got some that'd give one a run for their money. Palmetto bugs so big I was worried they might run off with one of my little dogs.

Welcome to the thread anaM, I must've missed your earlier post!

I tell you, it's been awesome finding a bunch of people who share the same Hurt/Comfort love, and like Ali said, we're not too weird because there's so many of us and the 'whumping' is prevalent in the entertainment industry.

Embrace the love, it's wonderful hehehehe.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anaM

We are trying to reach 10000 posts by 14 July so do post as much as you can

We are all the same here- love seeing a whumped Shep!!

This is also such a friendly thread- the people here are the best!

You are right about the fics that the ladies write here being amazing!!! They have kept my insane during the long wait for season 3!!!

Comment

Comment

*snort* Lauriel -- I tell you, down here, we've got some that'd give one a run for their money. Palmetto bugs so big I was worried they might run off with one of my little dogs.
                    OMG!?!

I tell you, it's been awesome finding a bunch of people who share the same Hurt/Comfort love, and like Ali said, we're not too weird because there's so many of us and the 'whumping' is prevalent in the entertainment industry.
                    You know, I've never thought of it like that before. I have the occasional guilty twinge about smiling when my heroic lead gets whumped, and the occasional question of my mental state but it hadn't occured to me how prevalent it is in the entertainment idustry until you pointed it out.

They have been feeding my addiction for years!!
                    Without my realising it!!

If I wasn't so grateful I might protest..
                    sigpic
                    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

That's right, the '20 posts a day'!

Hmmm, lovely conversion pics! I watched it again last night when I couldn't sleep, and oooohhhh the angst in that one. The medically induced coma moment gets me every time. *sniff* poor Sheppard!

sigpic

Comment

LMAO Lauriel -- it's all Hollywood's fault!

And maybe (just a little) the bug thing is an exaggeration...but they are big when you open the door at night and they go running across your foot...you know, then you go in and tell your husband, "OMG, it was THIS big!" Then you shudder and say, "I'm lucky to be alive" (that would be the risk of dying from a heart attack).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                          We are trying to reach 10000 posts by 14 July so do post as much as you can

We are all the same here- love seeing a whumped Shep!!

This is also such a friendly thread- the people here are the best!

You are right about the fics that the ladies write here being amazing!!! They have kept my insane during the long wait for season 3!!!
                          I'm writing a one-shot right now for the latest LJ challenge - I'm doing the sensory loss one...
                          sigpic

Comment

That's right, the '20 posts a day'!

Hmmm, lovely conversion pics! I watched it again last night when I couldn't sleep, and oooohhhh the angst in that one. The medically induced coma moment gets me every time. *sniff* poor Sheppard!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...umpaurora5.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...hepwhump48.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...hepwhump40.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...mpaurora13.jpg

Oh yes *sigh* the medically induced coma!!!! I love that bit soooo much!!!

But I tell you if that scene had been with Shep in scrubs and not all buggy I think I would have totally passed out!!! I love Conversion very much in fact it is probably my second fave episode ( The Defiant One is a candidate for 2nd place too) but I would prefer Shep to be whumped I looking his beautiful self.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                              I'm writing a one-shot right now for the latest LJ challenge - I'm doing the sensory loss one...
                              Oh excellent !!! Looking forward to that!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                                Oh yes *sigh* the medically induced coma!!!! I love that bit soooo much!!!

But I tell you if that scene had been with Shep in scrubs and not all buggy I think I would have totally passed out!!! I love Conversion very much in fact it is probably my second fave episode ( The Defiant One is a candidate for 2nd place too) but I would prefer Shep to be whumped I looking his beautiful self.
                                Oh definitely. I would have LOVED if we could have actually seen the "inbetween" scenes from that ep - like what happened between Ronon picking Sheppy up outside the cave and us seeing (from far too far away!) buggy Sheppy unconscious in scrubs in the infirmary and also what happened between that scene and Sheppy walking into the gym to talk to Teyla (which I guess I am kinda covering in my Infirmary Blues fic).

Originally posted by SLC
                                Oh excellent !!! Looking forward to that!!
                                It's possibly a bit of an unusual take on the challenge subject... not necessarily what you would expect... but whumpalicious none the less! Hope to get it finished and posted today.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X