No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno bout "bulked up", but supposedly been doin some working out over hiatus... at least, that's what i THINK he meant

this REALLY sounds like there'll be LOADS of whump next season!!! both physically AND (thankfully) emotionally

Comment

The muscles talk came from BamBam's Q&A thread...

The question from Merlin7 (yay for asking it!!)

Originally posted by Merlin7
      Hi, Bambam. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions. Btw you do good work on the show. It's terrific.

I have a question about Joe Flanigan. I know he's very athletic. How is he to work with? What he's done so far looks great. Love the dive over the railing in STORM and the roll at the end of EYE and such. You seem to have created a Street fighter type of style for Sheppard.
      And the reply

Originally posted by 2BAM
      You are correct in the style choice, although Shep has been doing some training with Teyla as well, as you know. Yes, Joe is very athletic and that dive he did without a double at all. He has a trainer in the off season and spends alot of his time working out to stay in shape. Joe showed up for Season 2 with some new muscles, I think! LOL!
      ..aaaaand *THUNK*

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
        What muscles? I think I've missed something here. He's not gone and done a MS has he and bulked up?
        I hope not...not that much anyway...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
          I hope not...not that much anyway...
          I doubt it.. Joe has a much slimmer build than MS and I don't see him bulking up like that. At least I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
            I doubt it.. Joe has a much slimmer build than MS and I don't see him bulking up like that. At least I hope not

That so wouldn't be good...

What is it with men and having to mess with things that are already all-good???

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
              What muscles? I think I've missed something here. He's not gone and done a MS has he and bulked up?

BamBam said Joe's been working with a trainer during his off time and he came back to work with some new muscle. Which..he was developing, I think, during the end of season 2 anyway. I don't see him BULKING up like MS ever. He was heavier/more muscular as Brendan actually...but still had that lean/slim look. I think he'll stay rangy as Shep. But building up the muscle and working out for what's to come is good. Means he can keep doing his own stunts and not get hurt. I love love love that he did that DIVE over the railing in STORM without using a stunt double at all. And that roll in EYE too. Joe is a good tumbler.

Comment

BamBam said Joe's been working with a trainer during his off time and he came back to work with some new muscle. Which..he was developing, I think, during the end of season 2 anyway. I don't see him BULKING up like MS ever. He was heavier/more muscular as Brendan actually...but still had that lean/slim look. I think he'll stay rangy as Shep. But building up the muscle and working out for what's to come is good. Means he can keep doing his own stunts and not get hurt. I love love love that he did that DIVE over the railing in STORM without using a stunt double at all. And that roll in EYE too. Joe is a good tumbler.
                Joe did seem more 'built' as Bren, but in a nice way. I don't think he could get away with being huge...not to the extreme MS has gone anyway.

I love that dive in The Storm as well...I think Joe's bits in that are fab, considering he's not got anyone to play off a lot of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                  Joe did seem more 'built' as Bren, but in a nice way. I don't think he could get away with being huge...not to the extreme MS has gone anyway.

I love that dive in The Storm as well...I think Joe's bits in that are fab, considering he's not got anyone to play off a lot of the time...
                  Yes...more BUILT in a nice way. HIs being leaner/rangier works for Sheppard and for Joe. Okay..works for ME too!

And it was a great dive. He made it look so easy. As a ex gymnast, I know how NOT easy that can be! LOL

He really was great. He has such an expressive face and eyes. He never needs dialogue to convey what Shep is feeling/thinking. GO JOE!

Comment

Yes...more BUILT in a nice way. HIs being leaner/rangier works for Sheppard and for Joe. Okay..works for ME too!

And it was a great dive. He made it look so easy. As a ex gymnast, I know how NOT easy that can be! LOL

He really was great. He has such an expressive face and eyes. He never needs dialogue to convey what Shep is feeling/thinking. GO JOE!
                    The facial expression thing works for me as well...I find it easier to read people when I can see what they mean on their face, since at times my hearing is really poor...

I do adore watching people, especially when they have like, a thousand different expressions...some of Joe's are so cute, adorable and funny...

Comment

I love love love that he did that DIVE over the railing in STORM without using a stunt double at all. And that roll in EYE too. Joe is a good tumbler.
                      I loved the roll! More tumbling Joe!!

Comment

In the same tune as All the Girls I've Loved Before: All the Whumps I've Loved Before!

In 38 Minutes: Shep saying to Ford: "Please don't do that again!"

In The Brotherhood: When Shep finally releases the ZPM and you see him visibily relax.

In The Defiant One: When the wraith smacks Shep into the air and he crashes down onto the ground - the way he justs lays there all stunned. And when Shep gets shot - his grimace and the blood spraying.

In Sanctuary: At the end, when Chaya tells Shep to leave and look on his face.

In Letters: The various looks Shep gives Teyla when she goes all snarky on him about waiting for her friends.

In The Storm and The Eye: When Shep thinks that Weir is dead and he flips out.

In The Siege II: The look in Shep's eyes when he looks at Weir before he goes to the puddlejumper. And when he says "I'm going in."

POWERFUL STUFF!! I hope we get even more in Season 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by joescookiem
                          In the same tune as All the Girls I've Loved Before: All the Whumps I've Loved Before!

In 38 Minutes: Shep saying to Ford: "Please don't do that again!"

In The Brotherhood: When Shep finally releases the ZPM and you see him visibily relax.

In The Defiant One: When the wraith smacks Shep into the air and he crashes down onto the ground - the way he justs lays there all stunned. And when Shep gets shot - his grimace and the blood spraying.

In Sanctuary: At the end, when Chaya tells Shep to leave and look on his face.

In Letters: The various looks Shep gives Teyla when she goes all snarky on him about waiting for her friends.

In The Storm and The Eye: When Shep thinks that Weir is dead and he flips out.

In The Siege II: The look in Shep's eyes when he looks at Weir before he goes to the puddlejumper. And when he says "I'm going in."

POWERFUL STUFF!! I hope we get even more in Season 2!!

All wonderful whumps. <Happy sigh>

Some good emotional WHUMP in HOME too. I hope season 2 brings every kind of WHUMP imaginable for Shep. Joe does it all so well.

Comment

Originally posted by joescookiem

All the whumps I've loved before!! Ha ha! Great!

I don't remember seeing blood spraying! Oh, that means I'll have to go and watch that episode again now! Tsk! What a chore!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                              All the whumps I've loved before!! Ha ha! Great!

I don't remember seeing blood spraying! Oh, that means I'll have to go and watch that episode again now! Tsk! What a chore!!!!!

I don't remember the blood spraying either - how could I have missed that??? Isn't The Defiant One coming up again soon? A rewatch - oh, the pity of it all!!
                              sigpic
                              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

*gets banages and needles ready* Someone's gotta play the nurse.

Comment

Working...
                                X