No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... i think he'll get so far that he'll get to the point where just the SMALLEST thing will break him in the end, and it'll be so moving because he was able to hold up so much and finally it's just something comparatively so insignificant which finally forces him to stop carrying all thw weight!! and i guess when you say it that way about the crying, i coulod see that too... just screaming and throwing things and suddenly just crashing PHYSICALLY and just having tears that he can't even control....

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
      It was said when SGA began that O'Neill and Sheppard were alike because of the humour. It became apparent early on that there were a lot of differences but the way their characters respond to whumping is a big indicator of their differences. When O'Neill is 'up against it' he brings out the full snark cannon both as a defensive mechanism to deflect attention away from how he really feels and because offence is the best defence in his book. Sheppard however raises the drawbridge and goes into a kind of seige mentality. He's not going to waste energy or time on snark or anything for that matter because he's focussing on survival. I prefer Sheppard's way of handling things, it feels more real and human.
      (Disclaimer: is what I'm about to say has already been said, I'm sorry)

Different people will react to a whupping in different ways- which is why I disagree with the above paragraph. O'Neill is an EXPERT at recieving a whupping, I mean come on- he was walked out if Iran on a broken leg ( not to menchond how much McGuyver would get whupped per episode ). O'Neill handles it with humor- shep is more of a sulker.
      Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
      "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
      "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
      ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
      McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
      "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

If you guys like Shep whumping you should hang out here, where they are big on whumping especially Shep. Lots of very talent whumpers there.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sgahc/

Also ff.net has a c2 community called 'The Great Whumps, Laughs, and Aww Worthy Stories of Atlantis' with whumping fics., where main candidates are generall McKay, Shep and Beckett

http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/11314/0/1/

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Pal

Different people will react to a whupping in different ways- which is why I disagree with the above paragraph. O'Neill is an EXPERT at recieving a whupping, I mean come on- he was walked out if Iran on a broken leg ( not to menchond how much McGuyver would get whupped per episode ). O'Neill handles it with humor- shep is more of a sulker.
          Sulking? Sheppard? Can you show me where?
          Unless I don't understand what that actually means. I haven't seen him SULK after a whumping. Ever.

He was dying in 38 minutes and he stayed focused and positive.
          He never gave up in DEFIANT ONE. Took a licking and kept on ticking. And after being shot and two whallops he was out of adrenaline and still walked away without a positive attitude.

LEft the infirmary after a stun blast in SUSPICION

I won't mention what he does in SIEGE since it hasn't aired yet.

So..sulking? I don't think so! LOL

Comment

I probably didn't word it right. I wasn't criticising O'Neill because of the difference in the way he handles being whumped to Sheppard. I was just saying the same I think to what you're saying that they have different coping mechanisms. O'Neill's method works for him and you are right his character has been through a lot and it is a credit to him that he has kept it together. I did say that I prefered Sheppard's way of handling it not because it's better necessarily but because I can relate to it better. I don't agree that Sheppard sulks, yes he has been a bit short tempered lately and in the past when things didn't go his way he has appeared to not accept criticism very well. I don't think O'Neill responds particularly well to it either but he tends to counter it by going on the offensive and Sheppard is more inclined towards avoidance. O'Neill is older than Sheppard, has I imagine been through a lot more, I am certain that Sheppard has suffered in the past but maybe not to the same extent and is therefore not as hardened to it. With Sheppard one can only speculate but with O'Neill we know the personal and combat tragedies he has faced. O'Neill certainly has had the leadership and responsibility experience that Sheppard lacks. The lack of experience on Sheppard's part is what makes me admire how well he has dealt and is still dealing with the Atlantis situation. O'Neill for the first 7 seasons of SG-1 had Hammond as a point of reference, with Sheppard the buck stops with him militarily speaking because Weir is a civilian leader. He is far from perfect but his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I like the fact that when he is being whumped, he is not only having to overcome whatever is going on externally but also in a sense overcoming his internal doubts.
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Where have you seen Shep sulking? We've had few opportunities to see Shep whumped - the bug in 38 Minutes, the Wraith stun in Suspicion, and the shooting and everything else in The Defiant One. Not one of those instances had him sulking! More like get up and get back on the horse. In 38 Minutes, he figured out a solution by stopping his heart, in Suspicion, he was out of the infirmary and back in action asap, and in The Defiant One, well we saw him take hit after hit and never back down. Sorry, just don't see Shep as a sulker.
              sigpic
              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                Where have you seen Shep sulking? We've had few opportunities to see Shep whumped - the bug in 38 Minutes, the Wraith stun in Suspicion, and the shooting and everything else in The Defiant One. Not one of those instances had him sulking! More like get up and get back on the horse. In 38 Minutes, he figured out a solution by stopping his heart, in Suspicion, he was out of the infirmary and back in action asap, and in The Defiant One, well we saw him take hit after hit and never back down. Sorry, just don't see Shep as a sulker.
                Hey you..I think we share a brain. We did like the same post. LOL

We need lots and lots of SHEP WHUMP in season 2. Yeah.

Comment

lol... yeah... you guys beat me to it!! i was gonna say the same thing!! methinks great minds think alike i've never seen shep sulk... ever!! he's too strong, or at least wants to maintain that image (prob'ly a combination)

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                    DEFIANT ONE really should have been a 2 parter. They could have done a whole second hour dealing with John's injuries and the reality of Gaul's death. BOth guys needed to deal with it and John could have helped Rodney with Gaul and his own guilt would have come into play, and all the while he would have been trying to avoid the infirmary. We NEED to SEE SHeppard and Carson interaction over Shep's injuries. NEED NEED NEED! LOL
                    It isn't really because you NEED to see him shirtless, is it?

sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

we can think of things besides thunking!!.... well, sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        It isn't really because you NEED to see him shirtless, is it?

Who..me? ::blinks innocently::
                        I have no interest, whatsoever, in Sheppard's naked chest. Nope. No interest at all. I don't care about such shallow things in the least. There is not a shallow bone in my...

Oh who am I kidding?

Comment

Ok, sorry, I didn't come up with the best word yesterday- At the time of posting- I had been up since about 10 am Wed morning and wasn't always getting my thoughts through my fingers.
                          Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                          "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                          "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                          ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                          McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                          "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

surprised no one has mentioned the half-whumpage in the brotherhood.... or should i say near-whumpage... first when
                            Spoiler:
                            the genii show up, then when he's forced to try the device first... just think, if he wasn't good at math, he could have died (well, ignoring that he's a main guy and wouldn't, anyway....)...

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                              Who..me? ::blinks innocently::
                              I have no interest, whatsoever, in Sheppard's naked chest. Nope. No interest at all. I don't care about such shallow things in the least. There is not a shallow bone in my...

Oh who am I kidding?
                              Hey, that brain that we share??? Shuuuure you don't want to see his naked chest - just his butt LOL

BTW, I don't consider Brotherhood a whumping ep! So much missed opportunity!!
                              sigpic
                              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

really?? well i consider it a near-whump ep... besides we need SOMETHING to keep this thread out of the depths of the forum otherwise known as pages 3, 4, 5...

Comment

Working...
                                X