No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrggggh! I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible (for me anyway) to draw a pixel art stargate. I had a nice idea for a new sig/av but I just cannot make it look right. So I shall now sulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Sheer willpower - and possibly lots of chocolate!

P.S. Have just read even more disturbing news in the you-know-what thread.. not known yet if this is actually confirmed info from BW or just surmise from the website posting the interview details etc but...

Spoiler:
      Supposedly Carter getting promoted to full Colonel (so she outranks Shep) and being put in charge of Atlantis. *cries*

Dammit, Sheppy is the military commander! And he works WITH Weir to run the city/expedition. I don't want him reporting to a superior officer and just having to do what he's told - for god's sake this is NOT SG1 and he's not O'Neill!!!!!! Jeez, if they're gonna do that then why bother having Weir fight for him to retain his job in Intruder? Why not just stick someone in command of him right from when they reconnected with Earth. Dammit - he's the HERO of the SHOW and part of that role is him being the guy in charge!

Can you imagine him taking risks to save his friends' lives (like The Ark etc) and then coming home and having to explain his actions and most likely be disciplined by his superior officer for doing that?!!

It better not be true. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...
      Oh Ali. A friend just emailed me with the news. I'm gutted.
      sigpic

Comment

P.S. Have just read even more disturbing news in the you-know-what thread.. not known yet if this is actually confirmed info from BW or just surmise from the website posting the interview details etc but...

Spoiler:
        Supposedly Carter getting promoted to full Colonel (so she outranks Shep) and being put in charge of Atlantis. *cries*

Dammit, Sheppy is the military commander! And he works WITH Weir to run the city/expedition. I don't want him reporting to a superior officer and just having to do what he's told - for god's sake this is NOT SG1 and he's not O'Neill!!!!!! Jeez, if they're gonna do that then why bother having Weir fight for him to retain his job in Intruder? Why not just stick someone in command of him right from when they reconnected with Earth. Dammit - he's the HERO of the SHOW and part of that role is him being the guy in charge!

Can you imagine him taking risks to save his friends' lives (like The Ark etc) and then coming home and having to explain his actions and most likely be disciplined by his superior officer for doing that?!!

I seriously cant take much more of this......new fandom me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
          I think tomorrow morning (and the hour in which I'll be home at noon) will be the hardest in resisting any spoilers for 'Sunday'...

I'm not sure I wanna know what happens to
          Spoiler:
          Carson before I see it..

How are you guys gonna handle that??
          Badly...

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
          Oh! i was so busy drooling over the Shep pics I didn't notice the credits. LOL Great Pegasus SGA!

My uncle arrives VERY early in the morning before work. LOL

Okay, so I took the jogging suggestion (for Shep being in the lower levels of Atlantis) and err... ran with it.

Thanks guys! (and thanks for the chuckles too! )
          Glad you liked it. Well if you see your uncle, can you tell him when he comes to mine to bring tissues please *sniff* Dammit, I was so looking firward to nekid Shep...anychance he could be running nekid, hehehe

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Well, I'll handle it just fine. After all, I have several more months of being in denial about the whole thing. It won't air here until April or May.

But I suspect boxes of tissues and hugs will be needed all around for everyone else. *starts to cry*
          We'll be there for ya in April and May and chances are we'll be crying with ya.

Spoiler:

Ya know Ali, I read that too, and I thought OMG that didn't even cross my mind.
          Spoiler:
          So chances are, Shep will probably go back to reporting to someone else...so much for being the main lead. I love carter, really I do, but wtf? Wasn't she the one in SG1 that refused to sit in the big chair because she had issues over it... The more I hear the more I get concerned about it. I don't want Sheppard to have to report to anyone, unless of course Carter gives him the leeway that Hammond gave Jack... I hope if anything, that's the set up, that will at least give me some hope, but if Weir is recurring, where the heck does she fit into all of this? Will she be co-managing Atlantis, but in the back? So that would mean even less Shep/Weir chats... I loved those chats especially in conversion

*trying to go to my happy place*

I don't want to go to the other thread cos i'm just getting downhearted over there. Please feel free to slap me if I stray to that thread, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Oh Ali. A friend just emailed me with the news. I'm gutted.
            its just........i.............*cries*

Comment

Spoiler:

I hope that is mostly conjecture
              Spoiler:
              If Carter is given command of her own ship then it's likely she will be made up to full Colonel but if she remains attached to the ship she'll just fill a similar role to Caldwell and Shep would remain in command of Atlantis's military contingent. I really can't see how they can bring in Carter as his direct superior in Atlantis without essentially replacing Shep as the lead with Carter.

Comment

Spoiler:

WHHHAAATTT??? That's the first time I hear about that and it better not be true!!!
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  Badly...

Glad you liked it. Well if you see your uncle, can you tell him when he comes to mine to bring tissues please *sniff* Dammit, I was so looking firward to nekid Shep...anychance he could be running nekid, hehehe

We'll be there for ya in April and May and chances are we'll be crying with ya.

Ya know Ali, I read that too, and I thought OMG that didn't even cross my mind.
                  Spoiler:
                  So chances are, Shep will probably go back to reporting to someone else...so much for being the main lead. I love carter, really I do, but wtf? Wasn't she the one in SG1 that refused to sit in the big chair because she had issues over it... The more I hear the more I get concerned about it. I don't want Sheppard to have to report to anyone, unless of course Carter gives him the leeway that Hammond gave Jack... I hope if anything, that's the set up, that will at least give me some hope, but if Weir is recurring, where the heck does she fit into all of this? Will she be co-managing Atlantis, but in the back? So that would mean even less Shep/Weir chats... I loved those chats especially in conversion

*trying to go to my happy place*

I don't want to go to the other thread cos i'm just getting downhearted over there. Please feel free to slap me if I stray to that thread, lol.
                  No.
                  Spoiler:
                  she'll be got rid of. Carter takes over from Weir as leader, though there's a possibility Weir might be back later, presumably for the odd guest spot. Shep will be subordinate to Carter.
                  sigpic

Comment

So is this just rumour and conjecture or has it been confirmed?

Comment

No.
                      Spoiler:
                      she'll be got rid of. Carter takes over from Weir as leader, though there's a possibility Weir might be back later, presumably for the odd guest spot. Shep will be subordinate to Carter.
                      This is what a friend sent me, don't know where she got this from, but here it is:
                      Spoiler:

Now Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis creators, executive producers and writers Brad Wright have confirmed the heavy presence we were predicting for Tapping in Season 4 of Atlantis: the studio has exercised the option on her contract and she’s in for 14 episodes. Look to see Carter promoted early in the season to full-bird colonel [necessary for her to outrank Sheppard] and taking on the leadership of the Atlantis mission in Weir’s place. The Season 3 finale will lead to an early departure for Weir in S4, but it’s good news for fans of the character that she’s not being killed off and may return later in the season.
                      sigpic

Comment

No.
                        Spoiler:
                        Well, not that I dislike Carter, and I certainly dislike...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...what's happening to Weir and Beckett. And yes, I agree with most sentiments in that I don't like the idea of Weir getting pushed to the side. But maybe Sheppy being subordinate to Carter wouldn't be so bad, really. I kinda like the idea of angsty disagreements between them. That kind of behavior is what almost got him court martialed, after all.

Comment

Spoiler:

st better not be true. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...
                          WTF????? Tell me its not true... *throws temper tantrum*
                          sigpic

Comment

This is what a friend sent me, don't know where she got this from, but here it is:
                            Spoiler:

Now Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis creators, executive producers and writers Brad Wright have confirmed the heavy presence we were predicting for Tapping in Season 4 of Atlantis: the studio has exercised the option on her contract and she’s in for 14 episodes. Look to see Carter promoted early in the season to full-bird colonel [necessary for her to outrank Sheppard] and taking on the leadership of the Atlantis mission in Weir’s place. The Season 3 finale will lead to an early departure for Weir in S4, but it’s good news for fans of the character that she’s not being killed off and may return later in the season.
                            its from savestargatesg1.com

*sigh*
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Spoiler:

That just makes me wanna puke!!! It gets better and better!!

I have not seen the news on any other thread, though...
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                                Well, not that I dislike Carter, and I certainly dislike...
                                Spoiler:
                                ...what's happening to Weir and Beckett. And yes, I agree with most sentiments in that I don't like the idea of Weir getting pushed to the side. But maybe Sheppy being subordinate to Carter wouldn't be so bad, really. I kinda like the idea of angsty disagreements between them. That kind of behavior is what almost got him court martialed, after all.
                                Spoiler:

well, and Carter isn't an officer like Caldwell, she's cut from a different cloth and not a straight toe the line officer. She worked years with Jack and has bent a fair number of rules herself, so I dont see it being that heavy dynamic (which would be awful.)

but still.... *sigh*
                                sigpic
                                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X