John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelazny
    My favorite ep to date is The Defiant One, then 38 Minutes in a close second, and then Siege 1&2... and then I think Rising 1&2. 38min is a great big whump ep, but I just really love the conflict in The Defiant One between Shep and the Wraith.

Totally agree about 'The Defiant One'. It's the ep I've watched the most. I never can get enough of the scene after he gets shot where he rolls down the hill. The there's the one where he throws himself to the ground after tossing the wraith grenade. I really just love seeing Shep in the dirt. It's also a great McShep ep and a McKay ep so it has just about everything.
    ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
    FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

I'd have to say that the Defiant One is my favourite episode as well...followed by 38 Minutes, The Brotherhood, Rising, The Siege and then The Storm / The Eye...

I just love the whole Dirty Shep / Whumped Shep factor in it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
        I'd have to say that the Defiant One is my favourite episode as well...followed by 38 Minutes, The Brotherhood, Rising, The Siege and then The Storm / The Eye...

I just love the whole Dirty Shep / Whumped Shep factor in it...
        *smacks forehead* How could I forget The Storm/The Eye and Brotherhood??? Okay stick those two in there after 38 Minutes in my previous list.
        Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

*smacks forehead* How could I forget The Storm/The Eye and Brotherhood??? Okay stick those two in there after 38 Minutes in my previous list.
          The Brotherhood just reminds me of Indiana Jones (cropping up a bit in Shep discusion of late!) which I adore...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

The Brotherhood just reminds me of Indiana Jones (cropping up a bit in Shep discusion of late!) which I adore...
            sigh.. I'd love to watch JF on the big screen as Indiana Jones. Even better looking than HF.

Of course it couldn't interfere with his Atlantis duties.

Anyways.. back on topic: Whumped Shep good.

Comment

Joe plays loads of characters that get whumped...

Spoiler:

Tru Calling - Andrew dies when his wife plots to kill him...and he gets beaten on, twice, and has a gun shoved in his face and gets shot...though the second time he's wearing a bulletproof...

Family Album - his character Lionel is in a car crash, his boyfriend dies, and the biggest emotional whump is his dad in it is a huge homophobe...

Thoughtcrimes - Brendan gets knocked out with a frying pan by some old Russian lady, and also crashes his car into a garbage truck. Plus emotionally, he finds out Freya is reading his every thought...

Then there is all the Atlantis stuff...

Comment

Oh and there is Birds of Prey:

Spoiler:
                where Claude is a meta-human that can take over the abilities of other nearby meta-humans and does so to kill them cos he thinks they're all freaks. Only he gets his ass whipped by a young woman who is basically Bat Girl...then ends up committing suicide by jumping off a very tall building...

Comment

I'm rewatching Defiant One right now and I forgot about this whump.. when Shep runs right smack into the Wraith shield around the PJ and falls backwards. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                    I'm rewatching Defiant One right now and I forgot about this whump.. when Shep runs right smack into the Wraith shield around the PJ and falls backwards. Ouch!
                    That whump always seems like a bit of a blooper to me...because he seems to fall back before he hits the shield...

Comment

That whump always seems like a bit of a blooper to me...because he seems to fall back before he hits the shield...
                      I was just thinking how hard it must be for an actor to run into nothing and fall over... ah well, he gave it his best. I'll blame the vis effects guys

Comment

*Is flexing her nose and face in sympathy* OUCH indeed. I've only walked into a (glass)door once, and that hurt like the dickens. I could only imagine what that felt like to literally RUN into that shield. The shield itself probably stung a bit, too.

Comment

I was just thinking how hard it must be for an actor to run into nothing and fall over... ah well, he gave it his best. I'll blame the vis effects guys
                          They hook a wire to the back of a vest and jerk the actor(or stunt double) back when qued, don't they? I think I heard that on one of the commentaries for SG-1. I believe it was Teal'c that took the smack into the shield.(Ep-Window of Opportunity??)

Comment

They hook a wire to the back of a vest and jerk the actor(or stunt double) back when qued, don't they? I think I heard that on one of the commentaries for SG-1. I believe it was Teal'c that took the smack into the shield.(Ep-Window of Opportunity??)
                            That sounds pretty painful too It was definitely Joe in the scene

Comment

Indeed, because they should have worked with what he gave them...

Comment

Originally posted by starfish
                                Spoiler:
                                Wait you mean he plays the character who commits suicide? And whats bat girldoing in there?? *is puzzled* Is there anyway I could actually get hold of this or was it a tv show
                                BoP was a series based on Batman and Gotham City...it only lasted 13 episodes which is a shame as it was really good.

{edit}Nothing to be seen here...

And
                                Spoiler:
                                Yep, he plays the character that commits suicide...

Last edited by knocknashee; 05 April 2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X