John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salty
    WOW! Just WOW! Poor poor Shep!! I loved that scene with Everett - when he said Sumner was a friend of his, the look on Shep's face that he now had to talk about it and defend his actions. Dang those alarms - talk about timing! I'm sure Shep was relieved he didn't have to go further - but we were robbed of more whumping!!!
    yes, i really do wish that darn alarm hadn't gone off!!

And the end scene of Shep on the jumper. His face. The determination - he's thinking he can make things right by his suicide mission. The podcast said they debated on how to do that scene and finally decided on the shot of Shep's face - how could they not? The man is an acting GOD! He tells us everything he's feeling - all that guilt, the emotion, the fear and determination!!
    what is this podcast thing??

i love how obvious it is that he thinks if he dies destroying that ship it will at least in some small way make up for all the death he feels responsible for because of waking up the wraith.... like you said, you can just see the guilt, uncertainty, determination in his eyes... but YET, you notice since he's talking over the comm with weir and co, he's still keeping up that brave, cold face.... i wonder if when he thinks it's done and set, he'll let more emotion out...

WHAT?? That's the BEST ep!! Why would they leave that out? I"m off to complain right after this little tidbit.....
    OMG!!! i have the WORST luck ever!!!

Joe is doing the commentary on the Rising DVD being released June 7th!!
    !!!!! *does a happy dance* woohoo!!! i was already thinking i was gonna buy that, now i KNOOOOW i'm gonna buy it!! i absolutely love when the actors do commentaries!! and JF to boot! yay!

Comment

Joe is doing the commentary on the Rising DVD being released June 7th!!
      Grrrr at stupid UK editions...gonna have to buy a US one when they come out now...

Thanks for info though Salty...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        what is this podcast thing??
        Podcast is a downloadable commentary by the writers/producers. You download it and then listen to it as you watch Seige 1 & 2. Here is the link where you can download it:

The Siege 1 & 2 Podcast

The Siege 2 was just awesome! Grrrr... How I wanted to punch Everett! But then again, he did provide wonderful emotional whumpage! If John hadn't have been interrupted in that one scene about Sumner... Great stuff.

And I SO loved when John was in the chair and the generator was toast, that he just got that resolute look on his face and said softly: "So long, Rodney." and was out the door before Rodney could stop him. And I gotta say, I still don't see Shep and Weir ship. They had that look when Shep made it clear he was going, but I saw nothing more than strong friendship. But that's just me! Everyone sees things differently.

And boy oh boy! That scene in the PJ... Whew! Nice. I loved everyone's reactions/faces in the control room when Weir told them what Shep did, especially McKay's. I think he was shocked at the situation, pissed at Weir, and even more pissed at Shep for pulling the suicide trip. And Shep's face at the final frame just stole the show. Great stuff!

P.S.-Wonder what happened to Teyla? They showed people unconscious/dead? where she was fighting when Weir was calling for her, but I didn't see Teyla on the floor and I didn't see her the rest of the show...
        Last edited by Zelazny; 28 March 2005, 11:33 AM.
        Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny
          P.S.-Wonder what happened to Teyla? They showed people down where she was fighting when Weir was calling for her, but I didn't see Teyla on the floor and I didn't see her the rest of the show...
          I suspect the Wraith beamed her up.....
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

That should make things even more interesting in the Siege 3, along with Ford, and of course Major Sheppard.
            Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I think you're right about the Wraith taking Teyla, since they know about her ability to connect with them telepathically now.

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                I think you're right about the Wraith taking Teyla, since they know about her ability to connect with them telepathically now.
                They can keep Teyla.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  They can keep Teyla.
                  lol.. sadly I haven't warmed up to any of the female characters. Or maybe it's just that no one is good enough for Shep

To keep this on topic... a large Shep whumping pic originally posted by Knocknashee in the thunk thread

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/72d7f12e.jpg

Comment

I thought I saw her on the floor. Or was I seeing things?

Comment

Originally posted by joescookiem
                      The rest of her team was on the floor, but only Teyla's gun was shown.

Comment

Originally posted by joescookiem
                        Nope, not on the floor. Weir was calling for her while we got a look at the rest of her team on the floor.
                        I know it's kinda hard to see things from way down here in the gutter with me.
                        sigpic

Comment

So let's take a vote here.....

When we get to see Shep return to Atlantis in Seige 3, will he be whumped? Will we get blood? A trip to the infirmary? I do think we'll get emotional whump but I want physical so....

I vote yes, physical whumping of some sort.
                          sigpic

Comment

So let's take a vote here.....

When we get to see Shep return to Atlantis in Seige 3, will he be whumped? Will we get blood? A trip to the infirmary? I do think we'll get emotional whump but I want physical so....

Why am I not surprised at that?

And I vote for physical whumping too. I do, I do!

Comment

does huggign count??

Comment

I vote for physical AND emotional whumping. Poor, poor Shep is gonna need a lot of hugs

Comment

Working...
                                X