X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Oh look.... I found your post Strey

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post12618408

I just peeked into your profile and went to find all posts. You haven't posted too much so it was easy.

Just copy and paste that link to Copter.
    Yeah, only 4k posts. Bwah!
    sigpic

Comment

Morning Whumpers!

Since my home computer is running so slowly and it's taking forever to load one page of GW.......I can't seem to locate my 'letter'. I must be having the same problem as Copter.

I loved all the letters I've read this morning. This was a very good Challenge!

Guess what was on last night in syndication? Remnants. *does happy dance*

Grrr....slow computer........laptop whump!

IHS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
        Morning Whumpers!

Since my home computer is running so slowly and it's taking forever to load one page of GW.......I can't seem to locate my 'letter'. I must be having the same problem as Copter.

I loved all the letters I've read this morning. This was a very good Challenge!

Guess what was on last night in syndication? Remnants. *does happy dance*

Grrr....slow computer........laptop whump!

IHS
        Found yours IHS!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post12616052

whew. I am glad GW is only being slow for me. Some of you are having BIG problems. Sorry guys.
        sigpic

Comment

If you're having trouble, just repost and send that link to copter. I don't think anyone would object...

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Maneth wheres the white gag?!

My bdays on thursday.....this place better be spamed with it!
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm unable to quote anything for some reason, so I will say a collective thanks to everyone about the letter. I am enjoying all the different letters and points of view. This was a great idea!

Hey, Ali! How are the little ones? And you and hubby? You know, as the girls get older, getting them into crafting will be a fab Mummy/daughter thing. It'll be heaps of fun!

Comment

Great letters Strey, Lorr and Joanie! Everyone's doing such wonderful things with the challenge!

Wonderful to see you pop in for a moment Ali! Glad to hear things are good with you.

Having a lazy Sunday. Hope all the whumpers are having a nice day!
                sigpic

Comment

My Challenge entry

Spoiler:
                  John Sheppard paced the small space he was in. He hated to admit it, but he was nervous. His scheduled execution was in a few hours. He hadn’t heard anything from his team mates in a few days. They had assured him at their last meeting they were doing everything they could to prove the charges leveled against him were false.

He headed towards the small window that looked out over the courtyard. He could see the pillar where his end would come.

Growling he turned away. “Stop thinking like that John! They’ll get me out if they have to bust me out!”

John needed an outlet for his energy. Pacing was just making it worse. Looking around, he spied parchment and a crude pencil on the table in his cell. His warden had told him he could write down his confession when he was ready. It would be put in the Book of Wrongs these people kept. John snorted. Like He11 he would write down a confession. He hadn’t done anything wrong.

Still, he needed something to keep his mind occupied for awhile and he didn’t have any Sudoku books on him.

Sheppard sat down at the table and pulled the paper and pencil towards him. He started to write:

The last Will and Testament of John Sheppard
                  I being of sound mind hereby leave all my worldly possessions to the following
                  To Dr. Rodney McKay…

He stopped writing. He couldn’t do this. It was too depressing. It was giving up on his friends. They wouldn’t leave him behind.

He tried again….

Dear….Rodney….Teyla….Ronon…..Dave…..

Crap! Who would he write to? What did he even want to say? Thanks for the memories? Take care?

He glanced out the window while tapping the pencil on the table. The view from this angle was different. He only saw the sky. It was a beautiful shade of blue. Only a few clouds were in sight. A slight breeze blew in and ruffled his hair.

His mind wandered to Atlantis. He closed his eyes and pictured the view from his favorite balcony. It would be much like what he could see from his position now.

Opening his eyes, he began to write….

Dear Atlantis,
                  I just want to say Thank You for all you have given me. I was at the end of the line before I met you.

Someone I didn’t know took a chance on me and asked me to come on a long trip. She always encouraged me to do my best; not only through her words, but through her confidence in me and support of my decisions.

Before I met you, I was alone. I didn’t have any friends and I liked it that way. No one could let me down if I didn’t give them a chance. Now I not only have friends, but a Family. There are people out there that I trust with my life. They’ve proven time and again that not only will they not let me down; they will pick me up when I fall. They are in fact closer to me than any Family could be. They are my Team.

You yourself, Atlantis, have given me reason to become better than I ever thought I could be. You make me want to give my all to defend you and your wonders. You are my Home!

I hope to see you again, but if I don’t, it means that I am gone. Not because my friends didn’t try hard enough, but because some other people didn’t listen to reason. I’m being accused of something I didn’t do. It’s frustrating to think that my time with you will come to an end because of something so stupid.

I will be leaving you in good hands though. Rodney will always make sure you are running smoothly and your knowledge of all things Ancient will be put to good use.

Ronon will protect you. I think he thinks of you as his Home now that he has lost his own. He will do everything he can to keep you and the people that live within you safe.

Teyla will be there to smooth problems over and help make friends for you and keep the enemies at a minimum. Her son will grow up running your halls and seeing your wonders. I think you missed hearing the patter of little feet. Hopefully he will be the first of many.

Mr. Woolsey…..he has come a long way from being a political Yes man and has learned to lead with confidence. He knows the tough decisions that need to be made don’t always have a clear right and wrong. He will do his best for you.

Atlantis Thank You for making me the man I have become.

Your friend, John Sheppard

When John finished writing, he put the pencil down and rubbed his eyes in exhaustion. He hadn’t realized how hard that would be. Once he started writing, he hadn’t been able to stop. The words had poured out of him.

Just then he heard the bang of the hall door opening and voices coming in. He slowly stood, picking the paper and tucking it in his jacket. He palms were sweaty and he was taking shallow breaths to try to stay calm.

Suddenly the voices became clear. He heard McKay telling someone to hurry up because he wanted to get home in time for dinner. A slow grin spread across John’s face. He knew the Team had succeeded. Rodney wouldn’t be worried about his stomach otherwise.

Later that night, back on Atlantis, John took a break from celebrating his return. He went to his favorite balcony and looked out at the setting sun. The colors were so clear and bright.

Out of his jacket pocket he pulled the letter. He wasn’t sure what to do with it. Slowly he crumpled it and tossed it to the wind. He knew Atlantis would be able to read it in her own way.

Last edited by Pocus; 15 May 2011, 01:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

My Challenge entry
                    That was so sweet, Pocus! I love the ending.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, Pocus! That was fantastic! What a great idea for John to write to Atlantis.

Comment

My Challenge entry

Spoiler:
                        John Sheppard paced the small space he was in. He hated to admit it, but he was nervous. His scheduled execution was in a few hours. He hadn’t heard anything from his team mates in a few days. They had assured him at their last meeting they were doing everything they could to prove the charges leveled against him were false.

He headed towards the small window that looked out over the courtyard. He could see the pillar where his end would come.

Growling he turned away. “Stop thinking like that John! They’ll get me out if they have to bust me out!”

John needed an outlet for his energy. Pacing was just making it worse. Looking around, he spied parchment and a crude pencil on the table in his cell. His warden had told him he could write down his confession when he was ready. It would be put in the Book of Wrongs these people kept. John snorted. Like He11 he would write down a confession. He hadn’t done anything wrong.

Still, he needed something to keep his mind occupied for awhile and he didn’t have any Sudoku books on him.

Sheppard sat down at the table and pulled the paper and pencil towards him. He started to write:

To Dr. Rodney McKay…

He stopped writing. He couldn’t do this. It was too depressing. It was giving up on his friends. They wouldn’t leave him behind.

He tried again….

Dear Elizabeth….Rodney….Teyla….Ronon…..Dave…..

Crap! Who would he write to? What did he even want to say? Thanks for the memories? Take care?

He glanced out the window while tapping the pencil on the table. The view from this angle was different. He only saw the sky. It was a beautiful shade of blue. Only a few clouds were in sight. A slight breeze blew in and ruffled his hair.

His mind wandered to Atlantis. He closed his eyes and pictured the view from his favorite balcony. It would be much like what he could see from his position now.

Dear Atlantis,
                        I just want to say Thank You for all you have given me. I was at the end of the line before I met you.

Someone I didn’t know took a chance on me and asked me to come on a long trip. She always encouraged me to do my best; not only through her words, but through her confidence in me and support of my decisions.

Before I met you, I was alone. I didn’t have any friends and I liked it that way. No one could let me down if I didn’t give them a chance. Now I not only have friends, but a Family. There are people out there that I trust with my life. They’ve proven time and again that not only will they not let me down; they will pick me up when I fall. They are in fact closer to me than any Family could be. They are my Team.

You yourself, Atlantis, have given me reason to become better than I ever thought I could be. You make me want to give my all to defend you and your wonders. You are my Home!

I hope to see you again, but if I don’t, it means that I am gone. Not because my friends didn’t try hard enough, but because some other people didn’t listen to reason. I’m being accused of something I didn’t do. It’s frustrating to think that my time with you will come to an end because of something so stupid.

I will be leaving you in good hands though. Rodney will always make sure you are running smoothly and your knowledge of all things Ancient will be put to good use.

Ronon will protect you. I think he thinks of you as his Home now that he has lost his own. He will do everything he can to keep you and the people that live within you safe.

Teyla will be there to smooth problems over and help make friends for you and keep the enemies at a minimum. Her son will grow up running your halls and seeing your wonders. I think you missed hearing the patter of little feet. Hopefully he will be the first of many.

Mr. Woolsey…..he has come a long way from being a political Yes man and has learned to lead with confidence. He knows the tough decisions that need to be made don’t always have a clear right and wrong. He will do his best for you.

When John finished writing, he put the pencil down and rubbed his eyes in exhaustion. He hadn’t realized how hard that would be. Once he started writing, he hadn’t been able to stop. The words had poured out of him.

Just then he heard the bang of the hall door opening and voices coming in. He slowly stood, picking the paper and tucking it in his jacket. He palms were sweaty and he was taking shallow breaths to try to stay calm.

Suddenly the voices became clear. He heard McKay telling someone to hurry up because he wanted to get home in time for dinner. A slow grin spread across John’s face. He knew the Team had succeeded. Rodney wouldn’t be worried about his stomach otherwise.

Later that night, back on Atlantis, John took a break from celebrating his return. He went to his favorite balcony and looked out at the setting sun. The colors were so clear and bright.

Out of his jacket pocket he pulled the letter. He wasn’t sure what to do with it. Slowly he crumpled it and tossed it to the wind. He knew Atlantis would be able to read it in her own way.

I really liked this idea, and you kept the tension going right the way through to the end. Great story, thanks for sharing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                          That was so sweet, Pocus! I love the ending.
                          Originally posted by joaniexjony View Post
                          I really liked this idea, and you kept the tension going right the way through to the end. Great story, thanks for sharing.
                          Thanks guys! This idea just kinda took off. I am actually satisfied with it. It isn't perfect, but I enjoy it.

ETA: Thanks Grace. I did quote you too, but it didn't show up.
                          sigpic

Comment

My Challenge entry

Spoiler:

To Dr. Rodney McKay…

He tried again….

Dear Elizabeth….Rodney….Teyla….Ronon…..Dave…..

Dear Atlantis,

Excellent! Loved it, Pocus.
                            John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                            sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                            Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Thanks Taris.

I did go back and tweak it. I took out Elizabeth from the letter writing part. Since I put Woolsey in as being left in charge that set the time differently and he was being literal when he was scratching out names.
                              sigpic

Comment

My Challenge entry

Spoiler:

To Dr. Rodney McKay…

He tried again….

Dear….Rodney….Teyla….Ronon…..Dave…..

Dear Atlantis,

*goes all gooey and goosebumpy*
                                Wow. Just wow. Atlantis, eh? Wow. Again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X