Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right she does have the prettiest smile!

Luce xxx

Comment

You watched “The English Patient” just for her 60 seconds - check!
      You only watched “Storm of the Century” for her monologue -check again!

I actually liked both of them even though i didn't think i would, and to think if Torri wasn't in them i never would have watched them

You style your hair like hers in all her movies
      - Yup had it cut Torri length last month, and even though i would suit it dark, i want my hair dyed purple Hey didn't Torri have purple hair once? I swear that isn't the reason i want it that colour. I've a habit of copying celebs styles. I've had it bobbed and orange a la Gillian Anderson, and got a perm for my 18th so i could have hair like Sigourney Weaver (in Gorillas in the Mist. great film btw.)

You’ve said literally over 100 times in the past week “OMG! I love her hair”
      It's so true,lol. I've spent ages today looking at the Sci Fi Friday caps and every pic, i've been like 'Torri's a babe. I love her hair. I want Torri hair. *pouts*' But when i try to curl it, i look more like Tina turner

There’s a restraining order against you
      Does it matter if the restraining order isn't from Torri?

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
        How you know that you’re obsessed with Dr. Weir?
        24. You're learning the names of Torri's pets.
        {points at self}
        This is not as easy as you might think, as they all have four names. At this point, I've mastered "Sedge" and "Shaka Zulu" (TH's late, lamented cat), but that's not such a good batting average, is it?

So TH lurks/lurked here? We'd better be on our best behavior.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
          24. You're learning the names of Torri's pets.
          {points at self}
          This is not as easy as you might think, as they all have four names. At this point, I've mastered "Sedge" and "Shaka Zulu" (TH's late, lamented cat), but that's not such a good batting average, is it?

So TH lurks/lurked here? We'd better be on our best behavior.

I think she has a dog named Addy Chicken Legs Killer and there's Sedge but Idk about her other pets.

I wonder if she does and I think I've been on my best behaivor.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Hey...I have to admit that I was really dubious about the character at first. It wasn't until the episode 'the Storm' when Kolya's pointing the gun at her that I realised how much she'd grown on me! I just sat up and yelled "NOOO! I like her!!!"

Torri's a great actress too, she's really doing a lot with a character that hasn't really had much development written into the scripts.
            Royal Page of Samanda
            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
              16. You know her birthday but forgot yours
              Do we know her Birthdate???? Didn't find it anywhere... (searched 1 hour for it ) I'm wondering which sign of the Zodiac she is! I have a tic with the Zodiac's of actors

I have straight hair, but if I would curl it, it would look the same es Torri's but unfortunately I look like 20 years older than I am with it so it doesn't look well on me.... but on Torri it's a dream
              Last edited by Dorka; 14 July 2005, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                It was Russian. I remember Major Fischer, who speaks Russian, commenting on the quality of Steen's pronunciation (I don't think it was that good).
                Not sure why I thought it was French..
                Yes... the language is a tad too gutteral to be French...

She probably speaks Latin as well, given how easily she translated Halling's Ancient in one of the early episodes.
                Does anyone actually speak Latin... I wonder? Apart from its use in the Catholic church... do people really have conversations in Latin..?. It's more a language of scholarship I would have thought... I remember hearing from a lecturer at one of my graduations that there is even some dispute about the pronunciation of certain vowels, dipthongs and that sort of thing.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I was thinking while looking at the recent tv special that Torri looks far more relaxed this year than she did last year. Is it me or is there much more of a twinkle in her eyes?
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    I was thinking while looking at the recent tv special that Torri looks far more relaxed this year than she did last year. Is it me or is there much more of a twinkle in her eyes?
                    I noticed that too Maybe also because the new Make-up style

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      Had to post these. Torri has the most amazing smile
                      Wow that's a gorgeous smile.

Originally posted by Dorka
                      I'm wondering which sign of the Zodiac she is! I have a tic with the Zodiac's of actors
                      Hehe, I'm curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                        Wow that's a gorgeous smile.

Hehe, I'm curious as well
                        Maybe someone should ask her about it on the next Convention!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Had to post these. Torri has the most amazing smile

I´m smitten

Give Torri an award for the most beautiful smile in the world!!!
                          I mean, this smile could melt glaciers.
                          I know I would…if I was a glacier

Does anyone actually speak Latin... I wonder? Apart from its use in the Catholic church... do people really have conversations in Latin..?. It's more a language of scholarship I would have thought... I remember hearing from a lecturer at one of my graduations that there is even some dispute about the pronunciation of certain vowels, dipthongs and that sort of thing.
                          I also only know about the Catholic Church. We hadn´t to speak it in the lessons, we hadn´t even to translate it from German to Latin only the other way round. There are a few schools where you speak it but this is only for the classes, so don´t know.
                          But we had one exercise where we had to do “hexameter”. I never got this right, couldn´t get the accenting right.
                          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                            Hey...I have to admit that I was really dubious about the character at first. It wasn't until the episode 'the Storm' when Kolya's pointing the gun at her that I realised how much she'd grown on me! I just sat up and yelled "NOOO! I like her!!!" .
                            Lol, you know i did exactly the same. I don't think i've yelled at the tv so much since watching SGA

Does anyone actually speak Latin... I wonder? Apart from its use in the Catholic church... do people really have conversations in Latin..?. It's more a language of scholarship I would have thought...
                            I was going to take Latin when i was set on becoming a barrister but was told that any books with latin in, more than often, have the translation beside it. I know bits of latin just from how words are made up, e.g. - 'Phile, Bi, Tri, Peado, etc.

Do we know her Birthdate???? Didn't find it anywhere... (searched 1 hour for it ) I'm wondering which sign of the Zodiac she is! I have a tic with the Zodiac's of actors
                            There has been a lot of discussion on a lot of threads on a lot of forums about Torri's age and still nobody knows. So Torri, if your lurking and want to make some peeps happy... promise we wont tell anyone

I have straight hair, but if I would curl it, it would look the same es Torri's but unfortunately I look like 20 years older than I am with it so it doesn't look well on me.... but on Torri it's a dream
                            Hey didn't you know that Torri's only 13? That's another thing that nobody seems to know - how old she is.

And yes, Torri does indeed have some,er..interesting names for her pets.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              Maybe the very geeky. I learnt latin for a while, really enjoyed it strangely. It's quite helpful for working out origins of words but yes, it's a dead language, there's a limit to how useful it is. Still if people speak Elvish and Klingon...

Anyway, I saw the special and Torri was so fun in it - she likes to tease. I loved the bit where she said she wouldn't mind an episodic love interest, preferably an alien with 8 hands .

Also link to pegasus galaxy gallery of Burbank Con - has some very cool Torri photos of her signing stuff.
                              http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=1452

Comment

No, Latin's not really spoken, of course. I meant in the sense of knowing the language fluently. That's how I figured she translated Halling's Ancient, since the two languages are supposedly so similar.

As for pronunciation of Latin, most choirs use Italianized phonetics. Don't know how accurate that is, but that's why "excelsis" so often sounds like "eggshell seas."

Torri was very cute in the lowdown last year, but she seemed nervous. I think now she's come into her own with the character and with the fandom, so she's more relaxed. And she really is adorable.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X