This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lysia
    I get to see Torri too this weekend too I actually get the impression she could be rather short... it will be weird seeing her in real life! Is her name pronounced the same as Tory?
    Yep! Or, at least, that what I'm calling her!

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Lysia
      I get to see Torri too this weekend too I actually get the impression she could be rather short... it will be weird seeing her in real life! Is her name pronounced the same as Tory?
      I think she's maybe 5'5" or something. She doesn't look too short. Nowhere near as tall as Amanda, who's model-like tall! And not as short at little Teryl! She's my height, 5'2"!

I'd say Tory. The guy who I rang about the ticket said Torry, but who knows. It's short for Victoria, so I'd say it's Tory/Tori but with the extra 'r' just to be different!

Comment

Yes Torri is about 5'5" and she is just so easy to have a chat with.

By the way Torri pronounced is like Tory.
        At least that's what I called her when we shook hands for our chat so I guess that's the right pronounciation .

You know chatting with her you get the feeling that she is actually listening to you and not just going through the motions.

Actually I feel the same way with all the Stargate people at the con.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow

At least that's what I called her when we shook hands for our chat so I guess that's the right pronounciation .

You know chatting with her you get the feeling that she is actually listening to you and not just going through the motions.

Thats so nice. I'm going to be too tongue-tied to actually speak though

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

You'll be fine, Sapphire.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              I think she's maybe 5'5" or something. She doesn't look too short. Nowhere near as tall as Amanda, who's model-like tall! And not as short at little Teryl! She's my height, 5'2"!

I'd say Tory. The guy who I rang about the ticket said Torry, but who knows. It's short for Victoria, so I'd say it's Tory/Tori but with the extra 'r' just to be different!
              Hm, on the German Stargate-Project side, they said she's 176cm (or 178 I'm not exactly sure), i think that makes 5'7"/5'8". Rachel is 5'5" exactly as tall as I am

Comment

Isn't that closer to 5'10"?? Or are my metric/imperial conversions way off?? Either way, 176-ish is still quite tall. To me, anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                  Thats so nice. I'm going to be too tongue-tied to actually speak though
                  You'll find that when you start talking to her you will forget that she is a star of a show and just a very nice person that is talking with you about everyday stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow

There's an amazing thing with Stargate people. They cast the most humble actors. Just really nice, friendly people. I bet Torri's just as amazing as the other girls from the show!

How long did you speak to her for? What did you say????

Comment

*pops head in*
                      OK, here is another piccie from the con!

I LOVE sharing my con piccies It's nice that someone other than just me can get some enjoyment out of them However, I am being a bit hesitant to show you more pictures now cos I've given them to David for a short bit on the main site. I certainly don't mind sharing, but if I post them all in here I'd be stealing his thunder! He may well decide not to bother, in which case I'm more than happy to share all of them.

On the con report front, Daniel's Shadow and Little Heaven have already covered about all that they said at the panel. Torri mentioned more than once Weir's descent into a much darker place emotionally, which I think sounds really interesting!

Comment

That does sound interesting. Can't wait to see how that works out.

And love the piccy!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          *pops head in*

I LOVE sharing my con piccies It's nice that someone other than just me can get some enjoyment out of them However, I am being a bit hesitant to show you more pictures now cos I've given them to David for a short bit on the main site. I certainly don't mind sharing, but if I post them all in here I'd be stealing his thunder! He may well decide not to bother, in which case I'm more than happy to share all of them.

On the con report front, Daniel's Shadow and Little Heaven have already covered about all that they said at the panel. Torri mentioned more than once Weir's descent into a much darker place emotionally, which I think sounds really interesting!
                          And we love seeing them!! And what is she sitting on? It looks really comfy..

I like her hair longer like that. I hope they keep it for the next season...

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

*pops head in*

Crossed legs and bare feet! She's so normal! She looks really relaxed. I love that! Bama's going to freak over this pic!

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous
                              You'll be fine, Sapphire.
                              Thanks! I'm just so excited...I can't wait to meet all the other SG fans!

Originally posted by alyssa
                              Crossed legs and bare feet! She's so normal! She looks really relaxed. I love that! Bama's going to freak over this pic!
                              LOL, I think you're right about that alyssa. Bama's gonna love this one

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

*pops head in*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...05/Torri-3.jpg
                                She has a great style. A cool woman she is And I do hope she keeps that hair length for next season, it fits her beautifully.

Torri mentioned more than once Weir's descent into a much darker place emotionally, which I think sounds really interesting!
                                Ohh! Looking forward to seeing how Torri plays that.

Comment

Working...
                                X