Dr. Peter Grodin Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallgirl
    I have done a Siege 1 wp in honour of Grodin.
    Hi, nice wallpaper but what file type is it? My browser wants to save it as a text document for some reason!

Comment

I was only just starting to enjoy the character of Grodin until 'The Siege' happened

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Hi, nice wallpaper but what file type is it? My browser wants to save it as a text document for some reason!
        It hasn't got a file type, because my wps upload clearer to boomspeed if I don't put a file type on the end. I know it can sometimes cause people problems. You should be able to copy and then paste it to whatever paint etc program you have and then save as a jpg file. If that doesn't work let me know.
        ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
        FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
          It hasn't got a file type, because my wps upload clearer to boomspeed if I don't put a file type on the end. I know it can sometimes cause people problems. You should be able to copy and then paste it to whatever paint etc program you have and then save as a jpg file. If that doesn't work let me know.
          Well if I copy the image up on the thread then it comes out an odd size of 400 by 300 ish - losing quality.
          If you like you could email it to me and I can put it on my server - or you could get a free photobucket account to use.

Comment

Well if I copy the image up on the thread then it comes out an odd size of 400 by 300 ish - losing quality.
            If you like you could email it to me and I can put it on my server - or you could get a free photobucket account to use.
            I guess you can't get access to the 800x600 version through the link then to copy and paste that. I have sent you an email but it won't let me attach a file to it because it is through GW but if you reply I can send it direct to your email address.
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

He could have been taken onto a wraith ship, which hopefully would be the one Sheppard is taking a jumper to, and might hear something, and rescue him, then leave and bomb the wraith ship.

They should have killed that other dude, now that's a redshirt, unknown, some random.
              Last edited by macktheknife; 04 March 2005, 03:12 PM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Has it ever been mentioned whether or not Peter has/had a family?
                *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
                  Has it ever been mentioned whether or not Peter has/had a family?
                  I don't think we know anything much apart from he's from the Uk and has a doctorate - not even what it's in (though I put that question up on the Q&A for Joe thread to see if they even ahd an answer to that made up!).
                  Maybe they have a backstory for him but will we ever know it...
                  I hope so.

Comment

*sniffle* I'm just going to stop liking characters. It seems that every time I declare a favorite, s/he dies.

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    As for killing off minor characters, I seem to remember a certain Maj Kowalsky from SG1 making his exit very early on...
                    True, but remember, he kept coming back. Of course, it was an alternative Kowalsky, but still...
                    It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
                    --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

Comment

Nooooooo!

I came here thinking he was dead, but you guys almost convinced me otherwise. Until this:
                      Ok - bad news Sort of.

Over on the Joe Mallozzi Q&A I asked the following question....

And this was Joe's answer...."Originally Posted by JMallozzi
                      Let's just say its unlikely we'll be seeing that character again. But then again, this is scifi so...who knows. But probably not."
                      I love purpleyins ideas, but it seems they're unlikely to happen now. So please please please write a fanfic of them at least.

Peter was a good character - i loved his accent and mannerisms, and i honestly was looking forward to getting to know him better. At least he got a good few scenes before his death, and he died helping atlantis survive, rather than as wraith food. And although i hate to see him go, his death added a lot to the episode, particularly as we already know him. Only killing extras gets too predictable. Peters death made the threat seem much more credible, the battle much more serious. Thank god McKay drew the short straw: it could so easily have been him that died.

Personally, I don't think he would have used an escape pod or beamed down to the planet. He was working right up to the last moment on trying to make the weapon fire again- he wouldn't abandon that to search for an escape pod. But capture by the wraith is a tiny tiny possibility.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

Hi there, thought I'd pop in and say my first Grodin revival fic is nearly finished, first draft just needs a betareader. So should be out soon and when it is I can give a link if anyone wants.

Comment

I hope he somehow survived...

...I think he was a fave of the Atlantis fanbase, and won't be forgotten...

...at least bring the actor back as another character or something!!!

sigpic

Comment

That scene with Grodin dying aboard the satelite, it went into complete silence. It just has that impact, you never saw it coming.
                            But it kept edging its way there, off & on he'd tell McKay he's staying no matter what, and he did.
                            On another fact, Grodin was a great part of the team. Its a shame such a outcome happened, but he did what he could.

Comment

I can't believe they killed Peter off...and he was such a cutie. I was going to add something else, but heh, I'd end up offending people.

I read the spoilers, but I was still shocked how he died But, heh, if it hadn't been for his death I wouldn't have been inspired to write a mcKay/Grodin fic lol... Personally, I love the idea of Grodin/McKay, but that's just me.

Smallgirl I love your wp

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X