Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    my view on slash is that sex doesn't matter...what matters is loving the person...if two straight men fall in love and have a homosexual relationship, why should it be different from a heterosexual relationship...all that matters is that they care about each other
    I totally agree love has no gender, it's a manifestation of two souls yearning to be together or shre companionship.

Thanks for the insight on slash/ship guys
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      Actually I read an interview with John Barrowman (Capt Jack Harkness from Doctor Who) he is in his words an actor who is gay.

Go read this, really interesting his take on being gay and the differences with being gay and straight in his mind. (he also talks about Doctor Who/Torchwood )

http://www.afterelton.com/people/200...barrowman.html

This was also posted in the Doctor Who forum.
      Wow I did'nt know that John Barrowman was openly gay.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        Wow I didn't know that John Barrowman was openly gay.
        Lol! He really is not ashamed at all of who he is or loves and he shouldn't be, I admire him and Russell T Davis, especially Russell he really writes what he wants to and if others don't like it or it doesn't fit with some kind of 'politically correct' mindset tough! He is my second fave writer besides Joss Whedon,

Originally posted by smushybird
        It would take an incredible amount of courage to establish a gay relationship on SGA and even more courage to maintain it in the face of some negative viewer response and possible withdrawal of advertisers
        I still can't believe there was so much fuss over that Ellen coming out episode.

On SGA I am not sure, it is a cable network they are not as beholding to their advertisers are they? I mean subscriptions must make them a few bucks and it is not as if SGA is rating through the roof, it might improve things!

I agree on no chemistry with Weir, it isn't just that I don't like the character as written, it just isn't there you can't fake that, or try and make it work through scripting; it is either there or it isn't. And it isn't.

Again only McKay/Sheppard have real chemistry on SGA, I also think that is why the writers do find it easier to write not only individual stories for them but seem to always have them together in scenes. There was really no need in season one for Sheppard to be with McKay he could have been with Ford or Teyla, but no it was McKay because they shine on screen when they are together....how can people not see that?
        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 01 August 2006, 04:49 AM. Reason: Too fraking long!

Comment

I'd love to join the discussions, but even two days before holidays I have time for nothing

Just a short visit to share my new poster with you. Pics are here at my Livejournal, and comments are very much appreciated.
          (Poster is pro-homosexuality/McShep, I'd rate it NC-17 because of some heavy language in quotes. No slashy pics.)

Comment

Originally posted by Freyja
            I'd love to join the discussions, but even two days before holidays I have time for nothing

Just a short visit to share my new poster with you. Pics are here at my Livejournal, and comments are very much appreciated.
            (Poster is pro-homosexuality/McShep, I'd rate it NC-17 because of some heavy language in quotes. No slashy pics.)
            Hello wondered where you had gotten to, I like the poster interesting, and some of the pieces were very good.

I feel with all the heated debates going on *elsewhere* we need some love.

So another picspam!

I can feel the love and concern.

Alright this one just makes me laugh.

Ah but this one... this is LOVE.

Comment

Hey Freyja, saw your great new door decoration on LJ, I left a comment there!

I feel with all the heated debates going on *elsewhere* we need some love.
              So another picspam!
              Thank you, thank you, thank you!
              I'm a bit tired of all these discussions, I hardly manage to catch up, so thanks for something like this picspam - simple and good!

Hey, shouldn't you be sleeping?

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                Hey, shouldn't you be sleeping?
                Nah it is only 11pm. I am a lady of leisure at the moment I can stay up 'till 11.30!

Lets have these again.

Oh he is so looking at Rodney... I don't care what they say.

Comment

Nah it is only 11pm.
                  Really? I always thought Tasmania is nine hours ahead of where I live, and it's 15:30pm here, so I thought it's 0:30am where you are *stupid me*
                  http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/1a87f268.jpg
                  Oh he is so looking at Rodney... I don't care what they say.
                  Let them talk, what do they know!

Bye, A., off to do some shopping
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hey Freyja, that was cool I liked it
                    sigpic

Comment

Guys, have you seen this:

Stats for SGA Fanfiction, 43% McKay/Sheppard

That's...pretty amazing. And altogether over 50% is slash, Sheppard/Weir being the biggest het ship, at 9%

(I don't think this is scientifically accurate, but I think it's got the general trend down)
                      ----
                      There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                      serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                        Guys, have you seen this:

Stats for SGA Fanfiction, 43% McKay/Sheppard

That's...pretty amazing. And altogether over 50% is slash, Sheppard/Weir being the biggest het ship, at 9%

(I don't think this is scientifically accurate, but I think it's got the general trend down)
                        Well that is surprising as I thought it would be higher. Lol! I think no one even in Shipper land would find that surprising, most sites seem to have more McKay/Sheppard fics. Now whether this translates into a bigger fandom I cannot say, but I think within fanfic McKay/Sheppard slash has some of the best *evil* and prolific writers.

I love them for it.

Comment

but I think within fanfic McKay/Sheppard slash has some of the best *evil* and prolific writers.

I love them for it.
                          Not to mention some of the most talented writers out there. I think the McShep may in fact be higher percentage wise, as this is a random sample.

I wonder what the TPTB make of it, if they ever make of it at all. I have a friend who is really into SG1, and she tells me gossip from the fandom back in the day when Daniel/Jack was HUGE. And apparently the TPTB hated it, lots. I think even one of the writers spoke against it, and I don't know which writer, or whether he has any input into Atlantis.

I wish SGA had some female writers, like Buffy/Angel did.

But on a positive way, yay! One of my OTPs is huge, and that makes me very happy.
                          ----
                          There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                          serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Hi!

I read through most of your posts now, and I totally agree with you - Chemistry is everything that counts.

Btw, McShep is my first Slash pairing. I didn't know that such a genre exists before (I was 14, I didn't have to know these things ), and when I heard about Slash first time I found it a little weird. But I didn't like hetero sex scenes either But one day I thought Slash wasn't so bad at all... And I was lost

travis, Arlessiar, Willow - Thank you guys *hugs*

Something completely different: I watched "Inferno" a few days ago, and I think it was really a McSheppy ep... I had to weep when I watched it

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                              Not to mention some of the most talented writers
                              Well I did say best even if they are also evil.

I wonder what the TPTB make of it, if they ever make of it at all. I have a friend who is really into SG1, and she tells me gossip from the fandom back in the day when Daniel/Jack was HUGE. And apparently the TPTB hated it, lots. I think even one of the writers spoke against it, and I don't know which writer, or whether he has any input into Atlantis.
                              You know, I think it also depends on the upper, upper PTB not just Brad/Robert, I mean I mentioned this before, but when Martin Gero first started talking about "Duet" and that kiss *everyone knows right that is not a spoiler surely* TPTB high up, really high up in Sony/MGM/SciFi wanted it gone from the final episode, (this is on the comms btw) well anyway they relented obviously in the end and "allowed" it to go to air with that scene.

You see it is not just the writers, or even who we generally refer to as TPTB who have a say in all of this, and it only takes one part of TPTB section and things get pulled out of the ep...mostly I think it is Brad/Robert but sometimes it is also the channel and the distributors.

Now to answer your actual post. I would be surprised if most of the regular writers had a problem with it because it is "gay orientated" but I can see one or two *just saying and no names* who seem hell bent on a very heterosexual show... I mean Sheppard flirting anyone? So in short yeah I am sure some are not happy with slash fandom and if they thought for one moment they could get rid of it they would.

I wish SGA had some female writers, like Buffy/Angel did.
                              You know even though I don't think Joss Whedon was bad *he rocked!* at writing Buffy *as in her character* I did like some of the twists and dialogue the females brought to the show. Also no one writes strong females and believable guys like Joss. *yes the sun does shine out of his behind*

Thank you guys *hugs*
                              *hugs* You back you crazy slasher you. McKay/Sheppard is my first as well, I have dabbled with McKay/Beckett and with McKay/Mitchell of late *yes I know* but I still keep coming back to "our boys" for all their faults, and all that flirting with others they still have the best relationship. Banter, teasing...gun play ...flying PJ's and John bringing Rodney food so he won't get cranky. *on he does*

Comment

*hugs* You back you crazy slasher you. McKay/Sheppard is my first as well, I have dabbled with McKay/Beckett and with McKay/Mitchell of late *yes I know* but I still keep coming back to "our boys" for all their faults, and all that flirting with others they still have the best relationship. Banter, teasing...gun play ...flying PJ's and John bringing Rodney food so he won't get cranky. *on he does*
                                Back and on the way to go again

At saturday morning I'll leave for Croatia - Two weeks beach, and then I'll spend some days in Venice.

I don't know whether I'll be able to come online again tomorrow, so I want to say goodbye... I'll miss you all, and the boys of course as well. I'll take some pics with me so I don't get sick
                                See you in 2 weeks (or so). *hugs all tight*

Comment

Working...
                                X