Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler for The Pegasus Project -

Spoiler:
    When Rodney told Cameron that he and Sheppard were quite close, I thought well, McShep's canon now!

Comment

Since I wasn't able to watch the eps until this morning, I spent last night reading some fic. Considering what last night's SG1 was about, I thought it was quite appropriate. To bad Jack couldn't gone with Daniel.

The fic is called Bickering. Here is the synopsis:

Jack and Daniel arrive in Atlantis and witness their similarities to Sheppard and McKay.

http://jackslashdaniel.com/fanfictio...ry.php?sid=247

I still have to watch Atlantis.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
        I like teasing as part of the banter, the even give and take. To me that is not just funny it has real affection but... look I am just going to have to wait and see for myself.

Spoiler:
        So they really talk about Catwomen...ooh Ertha or Julie?
        Spoiler:
        Both, technically. Rodney mentioning that the situation reminds him of an episode of Batman where Catwoman drugged Batman to do her bidding (an ep I didn't recall myself, but I wasn't that fond of Batman. Most shows of that era were just soooo...bad. )
        It was such a cute moment, kind of bonding, and I want more of the same. You really get the vibe that these two really like each other despite their differences.
        In PP, Shep's teasing Rodney is affectionate, I felt. Cameron's wasn't because Cam doesn't know Rodney--and Rodney snarked him back for the teasing later on, and I think Cam was beginning to have some respect for Rodney after that, so it wasn't so bad. All of Shep's teasing was gentle, though, and that made me happy.

Comment

Hey Porthos, welcome back! Good to see you!
          Originally posted by Porthos1013
          My parents discovered my screenname for my fic on ff.net, and while they're very supportive of my het and gen stuff, if they found out I'm dabbling in writing slash they'd either pack me off to a shrink or disown me, or possibly both simultaneously
          Ah, that's bad.

My parents know that I'm writing fanfic, but last time we talked about I was still writing purely gen LOTR fanfic. Now I write SGA slash (haven't published it yet though). Well, my parents are very open and understanding, and I guess in the end they wouldn't be that upset if they saw one of my slash stories, but I think it would nonethless take some time for them to get used to it!
          Still, I'm working on a massive amount of McShep stuff right now, and I think I'm totally going to go write that scene, but I probably won't make it as good as a more experienced McShep writer would.
          These scenes are very difficult to write, especially if you want to write them well. Many people don't, and it seems they don't care. But you're a very talented writer, I'm sure you'll manage and write good *yaknowwhat* scenes!
          Spoiler:
          I have my problems with writing such scenes too, but thanks to my gutter mind it gets easier and easier. And practice makes perfect. *cough, cough* Ok, not going there!

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
            Spoiler:
            Both, technically. Rodney mentioning that the situation reminds him of an episode of Batman where Catwoman drugged Batman to do her bidding (an ep I didn't recall myself, but I wasn't that fond of Batman. Most shows of that era were just soooo...bad. )
            It was such a cute moment, kind of bonding, and I want more of the same. You really get the vibe that these two really like each other despite their differences.
            In PP, Shep's teasing Rodney is affectionate, I felt. Cameron's wasn't because Cam doesn't know Rodney--and Rodney snarked him back for the teasing later on, and I think Cam was beginning to have some respect for Rodney after that, so it wasn't so bad. All of Shep's teasing was gentle, though, and that made me happy.
            I have seen the episodes and I really enjoyed them, neither were in my opinion stand outs but as pure fun, well they were good.

We do get to see some wonderful interaction with the guys, that
            Spoiler:
            Batman scene was priceless, and as I thought Julie/Ertha, men *you know both Julie and Ertha are huge Gay Icons for men of a certain age* They are so doing it! Lol

And you were right Rodney is thinking of John in that outfit...actually I had a better thought then that, you know how he starts that scene by saying the Batman thing was kind of a turn on (having someone under your control) this is the moment he looks at John and thinks about having John under his control, only I don't think he was thinking about having his quarters cleaned.

I loved that end scene, he calls Rodney buddy again and I love the way McKay's mind works. *see above* I had a bad thought on, John as McKay's maid, something about attire or lack thereof. *gutter*

Last edited by Willow'sCat; 29 July 2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

And also

In 'Irrisistable'

Spoiler:
              McKay uses the 'love potion' on Sheppard to get him to do his bidding.

Dude! What were TPTB thinking? So canon. (although slightly squicky, what is Sheppard going to think when he comes to his senses?).
              ----
              There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
              serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                And also

In 'Irrisistable'

Spoiler:

Dude! What were TPTB thinking? So canon. (although slightly squicky, what is Sheppard going to think when he comes to his senses?).
                Ah I was thinking about the as you put it "squicky" thing
                Spoiler:
                I was thinking somewhere along the line Rodney was used as guinea pig for Beckett's antidote (whatever they called it) but instead of completely making McKay "normal" again it makes him act purely on his desires, namely to have Sheppard. So really they are both under the influence so not really *squicky* and afterwards all is well because they realise they really do want each other... plus I wasn't thinking *cough* relations *cough* would happen until they were both back to normal. It just facilitates their *cough* relations *cough*.

Now I need to go out and get a life.

Comment

I forgot about the touching!

I really think John is more touchy, feely these days.

Comment

Is it the "homoerotic" *I really like that word* nature some fics in slash have that they don't like? Or just the whole idea of fics with men liking men?
                    Pretty much all of the above. I’m the only member of my family that supports gay rights, and my dad and I have even gotten into some pretty heated arguments about it.

I hear a lot of sad things around this slash fandom, from husbands who don't understand to yes parents sneaking around computers spying.

I don't understand it myself, let and let live and hey nothing wrong with a little exploration of well *cough* things and it isn't all about teh sex!

People have the wrong idea about slash, yes it maybe sometimes has a large sexual element, sometimes. It also has love, friendship, passion and compassion, well the stuff I like to read does. I have to say sometimes I just want the straight out romantic fics, I know! Me! I hate all that Mills & Boons stuff but in slash and with McKay/Sheppard it just draws me in. *evil*
                    I completely agree! My favorite part of McShep slash is the romantic element, I love seeing these characters *connect* with each other on this deep level, whether it’s friendship or ship. It’s just a shame we don’t get as many of those moments on the show as we’d like, but that’s what fanfic is for!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    Hey Porthos, welcome back! Good to see you!
                    Aw, thanks! Good to see you too!

Ah, that's bad.

My parents know that I'm writing fanfic, but last time we talked about I was still writing purely gen LOTR fanfic. Now I write SGA slash (haven't published it yet though). Well, my parents are very open and understanding, and I guess in the end they wouldn't be that upset if they saw one of my slash stories, but I think it would nonethless take some time for them to get used to it!
                    I’m glad to hear that. Really, my family is pretty great, they’re just not very understanding about some things. I’m happy that there are parents out there who might feel a little uncomfortable about it, but would eventually understand.

These scenes are very difficult to write, especially if you want to write them well. Many people don't, and it seems they don't care. But you're a very talented writer, I'm sure you'll manage and write good *yaknowwhat* scenes!
                    Spoiler:
                    I have my problems with writing such scenes too, but thanks to my gutter mind it gets easier and easier. And practice makes perfect. *cough, cough* Ok, not going there!

Bye, A.
                    Yeah, I’m having a tough time of it. I’ve kind of been messing around with a tag to Irresistible, and it’s just not jiving with me. I may have to work my way up to it…

I have seen the episodes and I really enjoyed them, neither were in my opinion stand outs but as pure fun, well they were good.

We do get to see some wonderful interaction with the guys, that
                    Spoiler:
                    Batman scene was priceless, and as I thought Julie/Ertha, men *you know both Julie and Ertha are huge Gay Icons for men of a certain age* They are so doing it! Lol

And you were right Rodney is thinking of John in that outfit...actually I had a better thought then that, you know how he starts that scene by saying the Batman thing was kind of a turn on (having someone under your control) this is the moment he looks at John and thinks about having John under his control, only I don't think he was thinking about having his quarters cleaned.

I loved that end scene, he calls Rodney buddy again and I love the way McKay's mind works. *see above* I had a bad thought on, John as McKay's maid, something about attire or lack thereof. *gutter*
                    OMG! I didn’t even think about that line!!!
                    Spoiler:
                    That totally explains to me why he felt justified in using the herb on Sheppard. He thought it was hot! Still, I don’t think he ever would really consider taking any further *cough* action while Sheppard was under the influence, but I think the idea of Sheppard willing and compliant was too good to resist! *evil g* Of course, alternately, you could take McKay’s statement the other way. Maybe he was turned on by the idea of *being* under somebody else’s influence, (he was actively seeking things to do for Luscius while under his thrall!) so maybe he thought Sheppard might enjoy the same thing, and just wanted to “share the love.” Gah, I have such a twisted mind…

And I love the bit about Ertha and Julie being gay icons! It is SO canon, now!

Originally posted by ladysarah
                    And also

In 'Irrisistable'

Spoiler:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

hey all! it's good to see the thread more alive lately.

willow - i would support that name change for the thread. i never really liked the way the current one is worded.

everyone else - so many spoiler tags! gah. i wish we had S3 here, but it looks like i'm just going to have to wait.

on the bright side, i had an S2 marathon on friday night - watched the whole thing straight for 16 hours but it was so worth it! and i even caught some bits that could totally be mcshep moments (lots of squeeing ensued), my favourite moment being in 'the long goodbye' when

Spoiler:
                      Thalen as Sheppard tells Teyla that John cares about her more than she knows, and then the scene cuts to Rodney and his expression is just perfect - like that info throws him off and he can't think. i got the feeling that he was a bit heartbroken to think that John had a thing for her and not him
                      Last edited by _STARGATER_; 31 July 2006, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                        I completely agree! My favorite part of McShep slash is the romantic element, I love seeing these characters *connect* with each other on this deep level, whether it’s friendship or ship. It’s just a shame we don’t get as many of those moments on the show as we’d like, but that’s what fanfic is for!
                        Lol, I swear before McShepp *yes two p's I'm a rebel) I would balk at romantic fics of any kind, I just see them together, I can't imagine them with anyone else and I do like the harder edge fics but the romantic ones make me happy.

OMG! I didn’t even think about that line!!!
                        Oh I actually stopped the vid and replayed that because I couldn't believe he said it and to Sheppard! I think the resulting actions of Rodney were wrong but we are talking here purely from a warped McKay mindset, I mean this could even be seen as "Aliens made them do it". I just found this ep to be so slashy especially after the lack of slashy references in the last two eps, this just stands out like a neaon light!
                        Originally posted by STARGÅTER
                        willow - i would support that name change for the thread. i never really liked the way the current one is worded.
                        I am going to PM a Mod and see if I can have the titled changed to Pro McKay/Sheppard Slash thread. EDIT: We got the name change. Yay! *goes off to change link in sig*

on the bright side, i had an S2 marathon on friday night - watched the whole thing straight for 16 hours but it was so worth it! and i even caught some bits that could totally be mcshep moments (lots of squeeing ensued), my favourite moment being in 'the long goodbye'
                        Spoiler:
                        when Thalen as Sheppard tells Teyla that John cares about her more than she knows, and then the scene cuts to Rodney and his expression is just perfect - like that info throws him off and he can't think. i got the feeling that he was a bit heartbroken to think that John had a thing for her and not him
                        That is a spoiler. And on that moment
                        Spoiler:
                        it was not John who said all of that, if my memory serves it was Thalen (?) I can live with it because even if it was John this just proves he does care for all his team deeply,
                        I don't read any shippy moments at all, I don't see it, I am too busy with the slash to notice.
                        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 30 July 2006, 01:32 PM.

Comment

To celebrate out name change *finally* picspam.

Comment

That is a spoiler. And on that moment
                            Spoiler:
                            it was not John who said all of that, if my memory serves it was Thalen (?) I can live with it because even if it was John this just proves he does care for all his team deeply,
                            I don't read any shippy moments at all, I don't see it, I am too busy with the slash to notice.
                            Spoiler:
                            I just thought it was interesting that they chose that moment to focus on Rodney's reaction to Thalen/John's speech--why Rodney in particular? And that he looked surprised and a little hurt...well, it was just verrrry interesting.

Comment

Willow, you are the girl with the best pics of all time. :bows down in worship:
                              Those are all gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                                Spoiler:
                                I just thought it was interesting that they chose that moment to focus on Rodney's reaction to Thalen/John's speech--why Rodney in particular? And that he looked surprised and a little hurt...well, it was just verrrry interesting.
                                Lol! They choose some interesting moments to cross to Rodney don't they there were some fab moments in season two for the slashy minded I will never forget in Allies
                                Spoiler:
                                when Radek and John are in the lab and Radek referring to the Hive Ship...

ZELENKA: Well, the ships are massive ... (he shoves himself across the floor on his chair to another computer) ... but because of their mainly organic design, they have a number of external weaknesses.

SHEPPARD: I've got a weakness for external weaknesses.

ZELENKA: Any word from Rodney yet?

SHEPPARD: I'm sure he's fine.

Lol I love that, why did Radek suddenly start asking about Rodney when John said that? And just what did John mean?

Freudian slip I wrote out instead of our.

Comment

Working...
                                X