Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
    Best. Thing. Ever.

First person to write the crackfic gets my undying love.
    Lol! We need an episode of SGA where they are turned into muppets like they did with Angel (well OK that was a crap episode but Angel looked so cute with his little puppet hands ).

Hmm, I see Radek as Beaker, Teyla as Miss Piggy and Ronon as Animal!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Lol! We need an episode of SGA where they are turned into muppets like they did with Angel (well OK that was a crap episode but Angel looked so cute with his little puppet hands ).

Hmm, I see Radek as Beaker, Teyla as Miss Piggy and Ronon as Animal!
      I missed that Angel ep, thank goodness. SGA is so much better for teh crack.

So I take it you've seen Chayiana's vid? If not, it's here. I will take John and Rodney as Statler and Waldorf any day of the week. Though Bert & Ernie is cuter and more accurate.

Radek is definitely Beaker, but oddly, I see Elizabeth as Kermit. The panic, the polite shouting, the exasperated expression with the lips tucked in....

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
        I missed that Angel ep, thank goodness. SGA is so much better for teh crack.
        Oh it was a funny episode imo but just not one of the better ones.
        So I take it you've seen Chayiana's vid? If not, it's here. I will take John and Rodney as Statler and Waldorf any day of the week. Though Bert & Ernie is cuter and more accurate.
        No hadn't seen that, I made my sig ages ago after I saw someone with a Beaker (as Radek) one. And I think Bert & Ernie work well but I still think their personalities need to be switched, Bert is more like Rodney and Ernie more like John! Oh but the Bert hair is ALL John!!! And they do banter like an old married couple, so they have that in common too. They are as close to a gay couple on a children's TV show as you will ever get (or be allowed to get).

Comment

For me they are rather SpongeBob(John) and Plankton (Rodney) LOL --> SongeBob McShep Do some of you know the LotR version with the Muppets? A real classic Go Watch!
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
            For me they are rather SpongeBob(John) and Plankton (Rodney) LOL --> SongeBob McShep Do some of you know the LotR version with the Muppets? A real classic Go Watch!
            Huntress, thank you for these video recs! *picks self up from LMAO on floor*
            The Spongebob one is great stuff.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I still think Sheppard and McKay are Pinkie and The Brain
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                I'll se your Pinkie and The Brain and raise you a Dangermouse and Penfold
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

You are welcome , Ivanova

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  Naaah that's House and Wilson
                  House = genious and insane
                  Wilson =just a genious
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

what about Bart Simpson and Milhouse from The Simpsons?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      I haven't heard anything about "Travellers" but I really thought from the spoilers for Tao that we may have gotten it then, or something just as good. *again* I was left high and dry on that front.
                      I know what you mean. For me, it's difficult not to be grateful for just any little thing that's h/c'y and sweet and friendshippy. It's so rare on television these days, at least the television that I watch lately. I miss real evidence of affectionate friendship. I have to go back to old shows like Starsky and Hutch to see it again, or turn to fiction. And of course the affectionate friendship can read like slash if you want it to. No, we don't ask for much. Just a little love now and then.
                      Do you guys think that having female writers on the show would improve the amount and degree of relationship development/friendship/slash? It seems male writers tend to shy away from that stuff. Makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                        Ahem. Anyway, about Rodney never calling John "John," I heard that someone asked DH about it at Pegasus Con, and at first, DH was like, "He surely has to have done it by now," then he thought about it, and realized that the questioner was right, he hadn't done it! So now that DH is aware of this phenomenon, maybe he'll do something with it?
                        Argh. Well, that's a man for you....never noticing those important little details. sniffle.

Never mind that the slashers and McKay/Shep friendship fans have been waiting with undying anticipation through three seasons for that first ep when Rodney finally says it....

Until then, I want more moments like
                        Spoiler:
                        that moment after they'd gone into their plan with the wraith queen, when Rodney so adorably patted Shep on the arm and Shep had that funny look on his face. I loved that moment. Give me one of those in every ep and I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                          I know what you mean. For me, it's difficult not to be grateful for just any little thing that's h/c'y and sweet and friendshippy. It's so rare on television these days, at least the television that I watch lately. I miss real evidence of affectionate friendship. I have to go back to old shows like Starsky and Hutch to see it again, or turn to fiction.
                          I think you are watching the wrong shows. I do think some of the so-called hit shows at the moment are lacking in genuine character affection, but as I avoid them like the plague I can only really go on the unfortunate seconds I have found myself viewing them.

Shows with male/female leads will always tend to go more for the UST even when trying to write a plain old friendship, I think CSI do it well in a way with Willows/Grissom but still there is power play there and I think that ruins things.

As for male/male lead shows... name them? Even what use to be the staple of TV land has now become more about Hot male sniffing around Hot female... NCIS does have a strange banter/friendship thing with McGee/Tony (no one can spell his surname!) but it is still not affectionate in a real way; although we did get to see them without their shirts on standing face to face which was kind of hot!

QAF aside I think Parting of the Ways in Doctor Who was the last genuine male/male friendship (yes friendship) moment I have witnessed without all the male macho bull**** *and I am so looking forward to when they meet again*

And even though I know you don't like Joss Whedon I personally think he is a male writer who can do the emotional/friendship thing without it being too saccharine (he and his team of writers).

I don't think female writers are better or worse they maybe bring a willingness to experiment more with the characters emotional side but that is probably just a stereotype anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                            Originally posted by Night Spring
                            Anyway, about Rodney never calling John "John," I heard that someone asked DH about it at Pegasus Con, and at first, DH was like, "He surely has to have done it by now," then he thought about it, and realized that the questioner was right, he hadn't done it! So now that DH is aware of this phenomenon, maybe he'll do something with it?
                            Argh. Well, that's a man for you....never noticing those important little details. sniffle.
                            For a man who's surfing the net and participating in fandom stuff and getting so much feedback from SGA fans he can be pretty clueless sometimes, not?

I mean, the "he never called him John" discussion is so old and famous... And DH loves his job and his role so much and is such a big scifi fan himself, and I think he delved into his role more than anyone else from the SGA cast (regarding geekiness, not professionalism!), but this he didn't notice? Flanigan might not always remember all details about his role, Mallozzi forgot that it already was canon that Atlantis days have more than 24 hours, but geeky Hewlett doesn't remember that McKay never called Shep 'John'? I honestly thought the writers and DH did that on purpose!

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                              For a man who's surfing the net and participating in fandom stuff and getting so much feedback from SGA fans he can be pretty clueless sometimes, not?

I bet he is anything but clueless, he just has a lot going on in his life. He has admitted already with a slight grin, that he knows about certain music videos ...he has seen some of them. I am pretty sure he also knows about the plethora of fanfics. I just hope he has read the good stuff o_O
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                I bet he is anything but clueless, he just has a lot going on in his life.
                                I know that, was just kidding, hence the ''

Although I really wonder a bit that he doesn't remember the 'never called him John' thing, because I really thought that was done on purpose, either from the actor or TPTB. Maybe it was a plan of the writers and DH just didn't notice.

Ditto on the ff thoughts, btw, if he read any.

Bye, A.
                                Last edited by Arlessiar; 11 March 2007, 03:25 AM.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X