Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Day.

I came across this lovely vid on YOUTUBE. It is too friggin hilarious!!!!!!!!

I figured you guys would appreciate the humor in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-me8KUtXIWo
    sigpic
    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thanks for that, Scarym1, made me laugh. But am I the only one who didn't know that Takei was gay?
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Actually I think we should all mount a campaign to annoy as many homophobes on GW as possible, I mean would people take it *g* lying down if this was over a sig with black people and the PMs/redding was racist? NO! But until I see or am told what was in huntress's sig I don't know what I would be campaigning against. Not allowing manips or not allowing men kissing or nekkid men together!?!? Or all three!
        It was a manip of John and Rodney kissing. I didn#t go as far to use a pic of the having sex...now THAT would be something : giggles:

Ooops, I mixed you up with someone then, sorry. Mmmh let me see a pure John vid. There are quite a few songs that fit to him!

Air : Sexy Boy
        Johnny Cash: God’s Gonna Cut You Down
        Snow Patrol: Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

Just to name a few. I love make fan mixes, can you tell LOL
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
          Thanks for that, Scarym1, made me laugh. But am I the only one who didn't know that Takei was gay?
          I think he only officially came out last year. Before that it was more rumour then anything, although I don't think he tried hiding it as such.

It was fairly well reported in the news though. And there was a thread here on GW in the Star Trek section. Maybe you were just busy.

Comment

It was fairly well reported in the news though. And there was a thread here on GW in the Star Trek section. Maybe you were just busy.
            Yeah, it's a bummer when trivia like earning a living interfere with my 'real' life.
            sigpic

Comment

When I found out about it last year, I was in the beginning stunned but then I kept thinking and I remembered that I had never seen him attached to any woman...not even affairwise.

I just read the most wonderful future fic. Maybe not quite as good as "Freedom's Just Another Word for Nothing Left to Lose" which IMO is the best SGA story I have ever read but really, really great never the less. "Going Public" by Orandream. If you haven't read it already then go and do so right away! There is also a hilarious "comic" - "Zalenkamatch.com" that I just found. I laughed tears.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bummer when trivia like earning a living interfere with my 'real' life.
                Hey Star Trek trivia is real life!
                Originally posted by huntress
                It was a manip of John and Rodney kissing. I didn#t go as far to use a pic of the having sex...now THAT would be something : giggles:
                Oh well then; the Mods have already stated quite a bit that those "types" of manips are *cough* conveniently *cough* not allowed on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  There is also a hilarious "comic" - "Zalenkamatch.com" that I just found. I laughed tears.
                  Ah yes, that one is hilarious. The random icon art pwns me. There aren't nearly enough comics in this fandom, imo.

huntress, sorry to chime in so late, but I'm sorry about what happened re: your sig. You should not have had to deal with that. It's almost enough to make me get off my behind and make a slash sig. Almost.

Comment

Thank you all of you for feeling bad about my sig. It can't be helped. I didn't know that they have a rule here against really great manipulations. I love hot manipulations. Does anyone here know the website "The Theban Band"? They have the most gorgeous manips in the whole net.

I loved "zalenkamatch.com" because it was something different from the usual arts and fanfics.

I have started reading a fanfic series yesterday and I am totally addicted to it. Has anyone here read the "Raising Madison" series? Kid!fics are a weakness of mine. They always make me squee and sigh and this one is really well written.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Huntress, will check out that site for manips. Have you visited Pepe's Place? It has Jack/Daniel manips, some of which are very naughty. No Atlantis stuff tho'.

Have to say kidfics make me squirm, and not in a good way!

EDIT: That site wouldn't load for me but never mind, I suddenly had a crisis of conscience about manips when I wondered how the actors might feel about seeing 'themselves' in flagrante. Slashing the characters in fiction is fine by me but I'm not so sure about images that could be interpreted as the actor rather than the character. What does anyone else think? Is it ok if the pic of the otherwise naked guy is clearly Daniel rather than MS because he's still wearing a bandana???!!
                      Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 23 February 2007, 06:57 AM. Reason: 2nd thoughts
                      sigpic

Comment

EDIT: That site wouldn't load for me but never mind, I suddenly had a crisis of conscience about manips when I wondered how the actors might feel about seeing 'themselves' in flagrante. Slashing the characters in fiction is fine by me but I'm not so sure about images that could be interpreted as the actor rather than the character. What does anyone else think? Is it ok if the pic of the otherwise naked guy is clearly Daniel rather than MS because he's still wearing a bandana???!!
                        I have similar issues, but then again, I can't look at the screen when people are kissing in movies even if it's not het! *laughs*

huntress, I've read that series and I really liked the first one. Later ones didn't work as well for me because Madison seemed too perfect (like a tiny Mary Sue but not, ) and there was lots of very depressing stuff in the latest updates. But yes, the first fic was beautiful, with John's and Rodney's reactions and the strange domesticity of it.

I'm compiling a list of kidfics for an lj recs post, so if anyone has any more, just drop the link. You can PM me if it's too naughty for GW. They don't have to be slash-centric, though obviously that's where I tend to hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                          Thank you all of you for feeling bad about my sig. It can't be helped. I didn't know that they have a rule here against really great manipulations. I love hot manipulations. Does anyone here know the website "The Theban Band"? They have the most gorgeous manips in the whole net.

I loved "zalenkamatch.com" because it was something different from the usual arts and fanfics.

I have started reading a fanfic series yesterday and I am totally addicted to it. Has anyone here read the "Raising Madison" series? Kid!fics are a weakness of mine. They always make me squee and sigh and this one is really well written.

*Waves to everyone* I'm new to the thread and thought I would post something instead of just lurking. I loved "Zelenkamatch.com" too, It was good because it was something different I haven't seen before. I also love the Raising Madison series, the Kid!fic also makes me squee. Has anyone read "farm in Iowa" series, thats really good too.

I never even heard of slash until 6 months ago and now I am totally addicted to the Slash Fanfics.

Comment

Hmm, I don't mind if it is clearly from the show or a movie they were in (and that image is used to manip them) but I have seen a couple of Icons on LJ that make me "squick" 'cause I know it is the actor/s not the character/s they play... I know it is probably a very fine line of distinction I am drawing but I am fine with drawing it there.

I have had a problem with some of the promo's (are they the actor or the character?) there was one in last years (season 2) where it looks like one of the actors is looking at another's butt... someone had to make a slashy comment about it, on GW actually. I just felt that was so inappropriate, even immature. *shrugs* People do slash RP so I don't know; I guess it all comes down to your own morals and ethics.

On another subject:

I agree with the old briar pipe. "Raising Madison" started really well but later Madison just didn't "work" (for me). Just my personal opinion not slamming the fic or writer, everyone interprets these things differently.

Originally posted by the old briar pipe
                            I'm compiling a list of kidfics for an lj recs post, so if anyone has any more, just drop the link. You can PM me if it's too naughty for GW.
                            Ooh really. Are you including MPreg as well if that is the way they end up being parents?

*waves to Gwynevere* And yes we talked about "A farm..." a few posts back. I am really enjoying it, wish there were more updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynevere View Post
                              *Waves to everyone* I'm new to the thread and thought I would post something instead of just lurking.

I never even heard of slash until 6 months ago and now I am totally addicted to the Slash Fanfics.
                              Welcome!

I've known about slash for years, but SGA is the only fandom I actively support any kind of pairing in.

I agree with the old briar pipe. "Raising Madison" started really well but later Madison just didn't "work" (for me). Just my personal opinion not slamming the fic or writer, everyone interprets these things differently.
                              I agree with the both of you about "Raising Madison". I liked the first few stories, but I can't seem to get into them anymore.

Comment

And yes we talked about "A farm..." a few posts back. I am really enjoying it, wish there were more updates!
                                I think exactly the same about the Madison story. I loved the first chaps, but the later chapters somehow don't do it for me anymore. Hard to describe, and I also don't want to bash the writer or the fic, because such a long fic is hard work and a hobby and it's well written. I just think the story should have ended on Earth.

It's the same for me with "A farm in Iowa". I adored the first chaps, when the story was mainly about McKay and Sheppard finding each other. There's lots of cuteness in the later chapters, but it doesn't hold my interest anymore. I have nothing against long stories or a series, but there are stories who have a main storyline and when this ends, the story should end too. Again, no offense to the author! It's just my personal opinion.

Bye, A.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X