Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
    Well, that's nice too but I really liked the first one. You mean people actually COMPLAINED?!! What century are we living in?
    D'you think the mods would delete all the sigs of Sam/Jack, Shep/Liz or whoever smooching? Because they really offend me
    Was the sig of John and Rodney smooching? I wish I'd noticed that, and I hope they don't kill mine, I just got it to work. *loves flirty John and Rodney*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psychofilly View Post
      Was the sig of John and Rodney smooching? I wish I'd noticed that, and I hope they don't kill mine, I just got it to work. *loves flirty John and Rodney*
      Yes it was, and it was very realistic. Shame.
      Like yours too by the way and I think you should keep it if they let you. Mine's tame but no-one's tried to remove it yet.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by psychofilly View Post
        IIRC, the original pic is actually a painting somebody did. I've seen it several times before.

Oh those flirty boys.

Slightly spoilery for The Game.

Spoiler:

Comment

I love that little scene! It's so quick, but you never see John really comfortable reaching for and touching people the same way he does Rodney.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
            Well, that's nice too but I really liked the first one. You mean people actually COMPLAINED?!! What century are we living in?
            D'you think the mods would delete all the sigs of Sam/Jack, Shep/Liz or whoever smooching? Because they really offend me
            Yup they complained, said that slash ia squick for a lot of people and that it wouldn't be an issue if i only posted in the slash thread but since I am active all over the board I should be so kind and remove the image. They stayed polite but yeah...homophobes.....what more can I say...except wanna see a picture I made? :g:

PS:yeah we should also complain regarding any sig with a het pairing. It would only be fair.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Slash is squick for a lot of people? For crying out loud, I don't go round complaining about all the het shipping on this forum. Tho' a lot of it turns my stomach. Live and let live, I say.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I hear you. Not all is squick for me I kinda like Teyla/Ronon. They fit together (I have read a really nice Ronon/Beckett story not so long ago though ) but I feel ill about all that Teyla/John and Sam/Rodney and Rodney/what's her name agin? Brown?...better stop talking about it now. It makes me nauseous.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  Yup they complained, said that slash ia squick for a lot of people and that it wouldn't be an issue if i only posted in the slash thread but since I am active all over the board I should be so kind and remove the image. They stayed polite but yeah...homophobes.....
                  Are you saying the *mods* asked you to not use that sig, or you decided to defer to the "homophobic" people who complained?
                  Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                  Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                  -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                    Are you saying the *mods* asked you to not use that sig, or you decided to defer to the "homophobic" people who complained?
                    Not the mods. They were cool or at least I didn't hear from them. Nope a couple of members here but I really didn't want tos tart a fight and thought it would be easier to simply change my sig. No reason to start a fight about that.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Not the mods. They were cool or at least I didn't hear from them. Nope a couple of members here but I really didn't want tos tart a fight and thought it would be easier to simply change my sig. No reason to start a fight about that.
                      Thanks for clarifying that! Not too happy you felt you had to change your sig to avoid a fight, but I respect your decision.
                      Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                      Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                      -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Yup they complained, said that slash ia squick for a lot of people and that it wouldn't be an issue if i only posted in the slash thread but since I am active all over the board I should be so kind and remove the image. They stayed polite but yeah...homophobes.....what more can I say...except wanna see a picture I made? :g:

PS:yeah we should also complain regarding any sig with a het pairing. It would only be fair.
                        that pic is amazing. i wish i could do stuff like this!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Made it from a pictures I found (I think through the McShep Awards site) but I got PMs to change it because it offended some people, don't ya just love homophobes....:sigh: The new and hopefully easier to swallow one, I made myself.
                          Hmm, I get redded a bit for my slashy ways on GW and one nasty little PM in particular but the Mods were cool if a little "political correct" in that they said more or less that I should keep in mind others don't like that kind of thing.

Basically if it isn't against the rules I say just put the homophobes on your ignore list *it is the easy out* and have whatever you like in your sig, it is your sig after all!

Of course I have no idea what was in your sig if it had a manip they are out, for all pairings eg: no kissing if it didn't happen on the show... I had the kissing one from Duet for a while with no problems. But I was told I couldn't use another one *similar* to the Duet one, with John/Rodney as it was a manip (I have my thoughts on what the real reason is but *shrugs* them's is the rules).

I respect Darren's right as owner not to allow certain images to be on his site/forum, even if I disagree with him.

Comment

Actually I think we should all mount a campaign to annoy as many homophobes on GW as possible, I mean would people take it *g* lying down if this was over a sig with black people and the PMs/redding was racist? NO! But until I see or am told what was in huntress's sig I don't know what I would be campaigning against. Not allowing manips or not allowing men kissing or nekkid men together!?!? Or all three!

Comment

:nods: So do I. LOL yeah the mods are hyper PC but that is okay. This board is huge with lots of people posting each day. If the mods would do a lazy job and not watch out, things could get really messy. I've seen it happen in other boards.

BTW Didn't you make the John video "International Man of Mystery" or am I confusing you with someone? If not - I love your vid. I wouldn't call it crack! but definitily a whole lot of fun I wish I had more SGA episodes then I would also give it a try but I stick at the moment to House/Wilson and movie vids.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

TW Didn't you make the John video
                                If you are talking to me? Then no I did not make that one.

I haven't made a John vid yet, mostly McShep/Atlantis and McKay/Hewlett vids are my thing, not that half a dozen vids in two years can be called a thing. Not that I don't want to make a John vid; but I am yet to find the right song for him. LOL! Yes it is taking a while.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X