X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Hmm, good point
    Spoiler:
    But why would Cadman, who's by episode 3 not likely to have known McKay very long be dreaming that? (Doesn't know him well enough to know better ) Or could it be her influence on his mind? Just imagining Rodney doing decidedly female things... Even if it is her dream it'd be in his mind.

And on something that has been said in the Duet spoilers
    Spoiler:
    you guys did see how David Hewlett said Cadman was one of the people stuck in McKay's head - the key words being 'one of'...
    Yeah, I saw that as well. I wonder if it was legit or if DH just accidentally slipped up somewhere. Maybe
    Spoiler:
    this wraith device somehow contains the minds of more people and they all get sucked into Rodney's head along with Cadman?

Interesting idea with Rodney thinking he was kissing Elizabeth, but since Cadman was there she was transferred into Elizabeth's spot. Also interesting to think the dream is not Rodney's; maybe Cadman is dreaming while in his head and he gets transferred into her dream? Guess we won't know for sure until what, August here?

Okay, not got enough captions for the 5th contest. Need a minimum of 3 captions per banner and haven't even got that for most of them. So the contest is on hold indefinitely until we have enough or if I just give up on this batch and skip to the next lot of banners.
    Oh no! I'll try to think up some more. Come on shippers; let's throw some more captions out there! *shakes the thread looking for loose captions*

Comment

I've been trying not to read the " official" spoilers posted, but, are we certain it's a dream? I know, this is probably a stupid question. If it is, I'm sorry.

Maybe I should just break down and read the darn things.....
      Last edited by Atteria; 06 June 2005, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Going wayyyy back to "The Defiant One" discussion.

Not much of a McKay/Weir ep except for the very beginning conversation.

I wanted to make a screencap of Elizabeth smiling at Rodney's "purely professional" comment, but I don't have that ep and I can't find a site that has that exact time. However, here's an interesting screencap posted at stargatecaps.com...

It's apparently timed to when Elizabeth's scene in the control room fades out to Rodney on the planet, but it makes it look like Elizabeth is thinking about Rodney offworld or Rodney is thinking about Elizabeth on Atlantis. Nice, and no GIMPing required!

And because it's damn funny, the piloting scene:

I bet Rodney is improving his piloting skills so he can take Elizabeth out to the mainland for a picnic.

Aaaannndd...here is a great post Defiant One H/C tag

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
          I've been trying not to read the " official" spoilers posted, but, are we certain it's a dream? I know, this is probably a stupis question. If it is, I'm sorry.

No! Resist the urge! Spoiler-free makes the eps so much more fun and exciting when they actually air. (I pledged that I would stay spoiler-free for season 2, and that lasted all of a couple minutes though...)

Well, I guess no one is really sure that the teaser scene is real or dream, but those seconds have been analyzed and overanalyzed as expected. Porthos made some good points as to why it seems to be a dream on this post earlier in the thread:
          https://forum.gateworld.net/node/842274
          The actual post is spoiler-free even though it's behind spoiler tags (it's speculation only), but don't read GateTrippin's quoted part at the top though, that has spoilers.

And did you think you'd sneak into the thread without a welcome? Well nuts to that; welcome to the thread Atteria!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Going wayyyy back to "The Defiant One" discussion.

Not much of a McKay/Weir ep except for the very beginning conversation.

I wanted to make a screencap of Elizabeth smiling at Rodney's "purely professional" comment, but I don't have that ep and I can't find a site that has that exact time. However, here's an interesting screencap posted at stargatecaps.com...

It's apparently timed to when Elizabeth's scene in the control room fades out to Rodney on the planet, but it makes it look like Elizabeth is thinking about Rodney offworld or Rodney is thinking about Elizabeth on Atlantis. Nice, and no GIMPing required!

Wow, how cool! Thanks for posting it. I don't remember alot of fades in Atlantis, I wonder if there are anymore like that....
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Okay, I just found the BEST McWeir song...well, it's actually probably more about McKay, but there's definitely room for interpretation. Yes, I realize this song is off of the Spiderman 2 soundtrack, but I still think it fits. It's Vindicated, by Dashboard Confessional

Vindicated
              Hope dangles on a string
              Like slow spinning redemption
              Winding in and winding out
              The shine of it has caught my eye
              And roped me in
              So mesmerizing, and so hypnotizing
              I am captivated
              I am

[chorus]
              Vindicated
              I am selfish
              I am wrong
              I am right
              I swear I'm right
              Swear I knew it all along
              And I am flawed
              But I am cleaning up so well
              I am seeing in me now
              The things you swore you saw yourself

So clear
              Like the diamond in your ring
              Cut to mirror your intention
              Oversized and overwhelmed
              The shine of which has caught my eye
              And rendered me so isolated, so motivated
              I am certain now that I am

[chorus]

So turn
              Up the corners of your lips
              Part them and feel my finger tips
              Trace the moment, fall forever
              Defense is paper thin
              Just one touch and I'd be in
              Too deep now to ever swim against the current
              So let me slip away [3x]
              So let me slip against the current
              So let me slip away [4x]

[chorus]

Slight hope
              Dangles on a string
              Like slow spinning redemption

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Porthos - that song sounds wonderful. I have the soundtrack, must listen to that and hear what it's like.

Oh no! I'll try to think up some more. Come on shippers; let's throw some more captions out there! *shakes the thread looking for loose captions*
                More? I hadn't got any from you yet, not that I can find at least...
                Originally posted by Atteria
                I've been trying not to read the " official" spoilers posted, but, are we certain it's a dream? I know, this is probably a stupid question. If it is, I'm sorry.

Why hello Atteria, hadn't seen you on here before. (unless I'm mistaken)
                Welcome to the thread and as for certaintly, nope, not at all - it's only a few seconds to go on and speculation is rife but alot of people are thinking it is a dream, only time will tell though. Me, I read all the spoilers I can get, nothing beats watching/hearing the show but if you want to stay spoiler free then resist the darkside, let the force be with you. (I gave in and saw Star Wars tonight, as you can tell)
                Originally posted by Fanwoman
                I'll do captions! I'll do them tonight.
                I have no idea what the song sounds like, but I love the lyrics.

You ever gonna do The Promise?
                (hope, hope)
                When I get back to vidding, right now I am in middle of a Wraith vid but since my data isn't all sorted out (such a task, still got that harddrive on loan from a friend) - teaches me to start such a task between exams- ... anyway, got plenty to do, site stuff, moving house stuff, ficathon stuff (entered at least one and now running one too ) - just have so little time. I want to make more vids and fic (especially finsing off Lilith and Perfect Pair) but I have other stuff that's more urgent and with deadlines, like ficathon entries specifically and the websites and real life...

Anyway, saying ta da for about a week, visiting relatives has come up so have fun without me everyone.

Comment

More? I hadn't got any from you yet, not that I can find at least...
                  ...well, you did send me a reply for that message...so I assume you got it...

YOU HAVE TOO MANY EMAILS IN YOUR INBOX!!

(let me know if I should resend it for simplicity, I'll be glad to)

anyway, got plenty to do, site stuff, moving house stuff, ficathon stuff (entered at least one and now running one too ) - just have so little time. I want to make more vids and fic (especially finsing off Lilith and Perfect Pair)
                  OH YES PLEASE! Those are my particular faves. Another reason you're on the teaser list...

Anyway, saying ta da for about a week, visiting relatives has come up so have fun without me everyone.
                  Later Hans, enjoy the time off and hopefully there will be plenty of McKay/Weir goodness for you to read when you return.

Comment

Oh, Hans, we'll miss you, but have a good vacation! Hopefully it will relax you and make you feel better, I know you've had a lot of hardships and hassels lately, so you deserve a break!

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                      Okay, I just found the BEST McWeir song...well, it's actually probably more about McKay, but there's definitely room for interpretation. Yes, I realize this song is off of the Spiderman 2 soundtrack, but I still think it fits. It's Vindicated, by Dashboard Confessional.
                      I love that song! I've never associated it with McWeir or Rodney before but now I feel stupid for never seeing it. Great find! Someone must make a video to this song. *begs*

Best wishes for a nice vacation (and *plenty* of relaxtion), Purpleyin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirnonenath
                        I love that song! I've never associated it with McWeir or Rodney before but now I feel stupid for never seeing it. Great find! Someone must make a video to this song. *begs*

Best wishes for a nice vacation (and *plenty* of relaxtion), Purpleyin.
                        I'd love to make it into a vid, and I'm planning on it, but sadly I wouldn't be able to start until after July 8th. I'm not going to make any kind of claims to the song though, so if anyone else wanted to make it into a vid, you are more than welcome, and I'm sure you'd do a better job than me anyway.

Comment

Welcome, Atteria!
                          and
                          Happy birthday, Toaster On Fire!

Having said that, I must ask--What are we doing on page 2? Hans goes on vacation, and by the first day, we're here?

I'd like to encourage folks to submit captions to the 5th caption contest for the upcoming site so Hans might have something to work with when she gets back. You can find the banners here.

Also, while trying and failing to find the lyrics for another song, I came across a song I've never heard but think might have video potential.

come to me by sweet adeline

i'm not used coming through
                          more accustomed to a falling out
                          trying hard now as i can for you
                          not to trip up on some stupid doubt
                          you got your hopes set way up high
                          way on up there where the air is thin
                          limit's supposed to be the sky
                          trying not to let you down again

it's starting to come to me
                          i didn't know about, i hadn't figured it out
                          but it's starting to come to me now
                          a little bit too late

i can't see anything you've done
                          any reason for the trouble you've got
                          you haven't hurt anyone
                          compared to most i'd say you're quite alright
                          i can't help you when you're sad
                          that's a constant source of pain to me
                          because i want to really bad
                          even though you make it seem like nothing

it's starting to come to me
                          didn't know about, i hadn't figured it out
                          but it's starting to come to me now
                          a little bit too late

What do you all think?

By the way, nice song, Porthos!
                          Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Welcome, Atteria!
                            and

Ditto!!

BTW: I just got my copy of Rising!!! I"m going to watch it first thing in the morning when I wake up. I'll have some goody McWeir thoughts after that to share I'm sure. I have the commentary on the agenda for Thursday, and maybe there will be some goodness on that as well!
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Sneaking back in...
                              I know, not meant to be here but I've had one of my visits - went to Ely to visit my nanna (if you ever go to Cambridgeshire, Ely is a very nice place, lovely cathedral though I know that's not everyone's thing but it's real peaceful out on the greens beside it). Back briefly to finish off a few things before I retreat to my fiance's parents with him, will be back in 4 days or so after tomorow. Think I'm going to get to do alot of reading, reaquainting myself with Pratchett's humour hehe.
                              ...well, you did send me a reply for that message...so I assume you got it...

YOU HAVE TOO MANY EMAILS IN YOUR INBOX!!

(let me know if I should resend it for simplicity, I'll be glad to)
                              When do I not have too many emails? I fully expect at least a hundred in my inbox by the time I get back... though GW notifications not working should decrease that. Thing is I like having threads subscribed on the panel but I could do without the emails for most of them. Anyway, I searched by your name and indeed found your entries. Starred them so I can't lose them so easily now.
                              come to me by sweet adeline

What do you all think?
                              Sounds lovely and I could imagine it fitting well with Season 2 troubles possibly. Also the second line, used to falling out, made me think of Mckay/Carter bickering

Birthday call, ey? How about this for a gift, 2 finally finished M/W fics. And now back to my scheduled holidaying...

Before the Storm

Deadline (38 minutes AU)

Comment

Hmm, good point
                                Spoiler:
                                But why would Cadman, who's by episode 3 not likely to have known McKay very long be dreaming that? (Doesn't know him well enough to know better ) Or could it be her influence on his mind? Just imagining Rodney doing decidedly female things... Even if it is her dream it'd be in his mind.
                                Spoiler:

Or, it could be happening inside his head while they're both consious of what's going on. Having a private "chat" amongst themselves while oblivious to the outside world.

Oh and Cory saw the vid finally. I quite liked it. The repetition of that bit was a bit annoying as were the titles in the beginning clips - also I thought that there could have been more unique clips in places rather than reusing the meeting, discussion between McKay, Zelenka and Weir clips (likes the not superman bit)
                                Ack, totally forgot about the Superman bit.
                                also the ending - with the black - it'd have been good if there was less black and you could have put distraught Rodney in there, or happy Rodney before the happy Elizabeth clip - just to show something more. A few seconds of blank is good but it was too long, and you can use the rest to go to He'd die for her (or whatever the last lyric was) as in seeing both of them but ending with her.
                                I thought about that, but again the point with the black at the end was for the last shot of Rodney to be blocking Wier from Koyla's gun. As well, having only Elizabeth seen after the black was to point out that while this vid is from Rodney's POV, Elizabeth is the subject. The whole vid is about what Rodney would do for her, and the last line in the dramatic moment was "I'd die for you". To give another shot of Rodney after that would've taken away from the drama of that moment, I figure.

As for the black being too long, well... blame the singer for doing it wrong. That's what I do

So I owe you an OT3 and a Brotherhood H/C, right?
                                It's so hard, having so much good stuff to read that I can't tell what I'm looking forward to the most. More McKay/Carter sparks, more McWeir goodness, possibly watching Carter and Weir discuss their favourite Canuck scientist, Brotherhood Hurting (got some ideas about that for a story of my own, actually), not to mention the Comfort that comes after.

Actually, my money is down on the Lizzie-lovin' for the H/C. That's just going to rock
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X