No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another possibility Renenutet: Your video card isn't new enough to handle the vid. Do other vids work fine?

Comment

Yeah they do. Maybe it's the website that it's from. I've never been to that one before so maybe that's it....

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
        I've been reading way too much Mckay/Shep FF lately (Hey, I'll read anything with McKay and there seems to be a never ending amount of it on Wraithbait ) and a bunch of stories deal with the 'what if' of
        Spoiler:
        Sheppard returning from his suicide mission and how McKay feels about it.

Turning this into a McWeir question,
        Spoiler:
        Rodney threw Elizabeth a pretty shocked look when she told him that she let Sheppard go at the end of Siege 2. Do you think there will be any repercussions in their friendship/relationship because of her actions? Of course, we know Shep comes back, but at the time Elizabeth let him go they really thought it was a one way trip, barring a miracle. Burrowing into Rodney's mind, do you think it changes the way he sees Elizabeth as a leader and as a person?

Doubt they will even touch on this in S2, but it's crawling around my brain
        Oh, I don't know! That's a really good question. Unfortunately, I don't have much of an answer. I know that at the end of Seige 2,
        Spoiler:
        Rodney was extremely upset, and you could tell because he was quiet about it. I think he only gets really agitated and snappy if he's upset, but it's something that he can control, and therefore not really a big problem. But I know he must have been feeling extreme grief and guilt and sorrow and helplessness at the time, but I think anger and resentment will come later, both towards himself and Sheppard, and possibly Elizabeth.
        Anyway, I hope that made sense. I kind of condensed my answer, because I'm extremely tired right now, but I refuse to go to sleep! Never give up, never surrender to the sleep monkeys! ...um, yeah...

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
        McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
        Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
        McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Okay, out of curiosity, I looked up the Sci-Fi channel schedule for the Atlantis marathon, and they're showing 19 eps, out of the 20 that were aired in season 1. Which one do you think they're not airing? Oh, if it's The Eye, heads will roll! Sci-Fi channel needs to get around to posting the ep titles they'll be airing. I plan on having my DVR by then (graduation money is a very, very good thing. ) and if I can program it to record all day, I'll have the entire season of Atlantis, and I won't have to shell out upwards of 50 bucks to buy it on DVD! Yay! Also, I really want to watch the episodes over again, because since I didn't become a McWeir shipper until after The Eye, and not even a devoted one until the end of the season, I feel like I missed out on a bunch of stuff! Anyone else have any specific moments that they missed that they're hoping to catch this 2nd (well, actually 3rd) time around?

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
          McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
          Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
          McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
            Doubt they will even touch on this in S2, but it's crawling around my brain
            This is my thinking. They've had a bunch of big, life-altering dramas that aren't touched on in later episodes.

I think
            Spoiler:
            Rodney should really be too busy collapsing from pushing himself too hard to worry about what happens later. But as to what he was thinking right at the end, I have many ideas.

See, I think, from the start, as an example of his lack of Carter-like artfulness, Rodney's biggest problem has been thinking on his feet. Sure, he can do it and gets better at it as the season progresses, but often it isn't at a fast enough pace. Combined with his near-exhaustion, I think he was having problems keeping up with the constant change in the game plan on top of being emotionally blindsided by his buddy, the invincible Major, having left to face certain death.

How could Sheppard and Elizabeth make a decision like that without consulting me?!? I might have come up with an alternative!

I think it's not just disbelief that Elizabeth let Sheppard go. Ultimately, it's her job; I don't think Rodney will resent her for doing it. I think it's just as much guilt and frustration that he didn't fix the problem fast enough to prevent the need for Sheppard's sacrifice. (Yeah, right, like any of us thinks he's gonna die. )

It's also possible his multi-tasking brain has considered the possibility that, if Elizabeth could send Sheppard to his death, perhaps he might be next. Despite his courage, we all know how much our favorite astrophysicist values his own life. Aside from that, what might happen to the others and the city if he's not there? Should the last nuke be entrusted to some grunt so he might live to save the city another day, or should he take care of this himself to ensure there is a city to save later? He'd be considering every angle; it's what he does.
            Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

I'm back!
              My printer broke (paper jam broke a bit off and then the bit got jammed - got that out today only to discover the bit needs respring back in otherwise printer insists there is no paper and will probably cost the price of a new one to fix! or I can let my boyfriend dismantle it to attempts home fixing...) on Wednesday as I was trying to print out lecture notes to revise - twas the last straw and I retreated to my parents house to revise... Sorry I didn't say anything, had planned to post a few fics but anyway had exam today. Went pretty badly but it's over atleast. Would say more than this but have to go out for a friends birthday and then a pubcrawl (so need to forget aobut the badness of the exam...)

Um, Cory, the save link as isn't working for me on your latest vid - not for either for the site or raw file...
              Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              OT: So Hans you have to pay for a certain amount of electricity each month and when it runs out you have to wait for the next cycle to get more? That's completely different from here, where you pay for the amount of electricity you used the last month. I've never even heard of paying for a set amount of electricity. Maybe it could be implimented here; think of how much more aware people would be with the electricity they use and how they would work to conserve it!
              We have electricity meter - use electricity token to top it up like pay as you go so every now and then our £40 we put on at a time will run out, in this case alot earlier than we expected. Is no warning system it just cuts out when its finished. Hate it but landlords insist students find it easier (yeah, right, nearest shop that sells it is 20 minutes walk away and in dodgy area.)
              Originally posted by Fanwoman
              Those S2 images are tempting me so much. I want to look, but I don't want spoilers. Ah, the dilema!

47 more days...can I hold out?
              Well there's character spoilerage - no single McKay ones but maybe some one could download and sent you them, with just the McKay/Weir bits of the group ones? I'd offer but I'm going out soon and just haven't got the enthusiasm for anything to do stuff like that today.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your technical and exam woes, Hans. I hope everything works out okay. Have a good weekend.

I thought the S2 promo pics had spoiler information in that
                Spoiler:
                they introduced two new characters.
                Besides, if there're no solo McKay or Beckett pictures, I can wait.

I finally managed to download Cory's latest. I really like the song choice, but I have problems with both videos. They get this granulated blur whenever anything moves (and we all know how much Rodney moves!). I think it's because my system can't handle that resolution. The still images thing is what used to happen to me before I downloaded the latest Windows player. Ah, well, someday I'll have the money to update my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  I'm back!
                  My printer broke (paper jam broke a bit off and then the bit got jammed - got that out today only to discover the bit needs respring back in otherwise printer insists there is no paper and will probably cost the price of a new one to fix! or I can let my boyfriend dismantle it to attempts home fixing...) on Wednesday as I was trying to print out lecture notes to revise - twas the last straw and I retreated to my parents house to revise... Sorry I didn't say anything, had planned to post a few fics but anyway had exam today. Went pretty badly but it's over atleast. Would say more than this but have to go out for a friends birthday and then a pubcrawl (so need to forget aobut the badness of the exam...)
                  Hans...bummer.
                  Everytime I see "pubcrawl" I think of going to enough pubs that you have to crawl home.

Well there's character spoilerage - no single McKay ones but maybe some one could download and sent you them, with just the McKay/Weir bits of the group ones? I'd offer but I'm going out soon and just haven't got the enthusiasm for anything to do stuff like that today.
                  Oh, I'm working on a casual nonspoiler pic of them it right now! Besides, it gives me a chance to improve my GIMPing skills.

Comment

Aha! Look what I did with the season 2 promo pics!

(The arm on the left is Teyla's, didn't figure it was spoilery plus I couldn't really take it out without sacrificing too much Rodney. The lasso tool is your friend! )

and with a bit of modification:

My first GIMP pic with layers! *beams with pride* OK, maybe just two layers, and the edges could be better, but still!!

Damn, don't they look good together!

...off to do FFF!!

Comment

WOW!

Torri looks amazing.

Of course, it begs the question--where're the new clothes come from?

Anyone else notice the absent item of Elizabeth's attire?

I still don't know how I feel about Rodney in jeans, though. It's not that I don't think he looks good; it's just that they've just never shown him as a jeans-wearing kind of guy, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                        WOW!

Torri looks amazing.

Of course, it begs the question--where're the new clothes come from?

Anyone else notice the absent item of Elizabeth's attire?

I still don't know how I feel about Rodney in jeans, though. It's not that I don't think he looks good; it's just that they've just never shown him as a jeans-wearing kind of guy, you know?
                        There's no necklace! I can't believe I didn't notice that sooner!

Asking about their clothes always makes me think of Gilligans Island.
                        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Are you talking about the heart looking necklace?

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                            Are you talking about the heart looking necklace?
                            That's the one I was thinking of. She always has it on.
                            "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                            "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                            Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                            Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                            Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                            (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

ALWAYS.

...well, in Atlantis, anyway; in SG1 and Home she had different ones. Actually, she had quite a bit of jewelry in her first incarnation. It's a bit odd seeing her with none, and the lack of that talisman-like token item of Weirness is rather conspicuous.

Comment

Even rawer than before

Now I haven't tried this webserver before, but it should work (I hope).

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Purple

EDIT: Right-click/save-as works with this site, but slowly. Perhaps this is a que that I should look into actually paying for webspace.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X