Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natacup82
    There's already a fic like that over at fanfiction.net, it's a Ford pov, although we can always use more . Here's the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2306733/1/
    Ah, that one is great. Hans also has a cute one featuring Grodin and Heightmeyer here.
    However, I was thinking about a third party fic set specifically during Antarctica, I don't think that one exists. I just really want to read more about their backstory; how they met, how they got along in the beginning, whether anyone else saw sparks. That's not likely to ever become canon though, so I have to get my fix through fic.

There was a fic somewhere with Rodney and Elizabeth on a plane going to/from Antarctica...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      Ah, that one is great. Hans also has a cute one featuring Grodin and Heightmeyer here.
      However, I was thinking about a third party fic set specifically during Antarctica, I don't think that one exists. I just really want to read more about their backstory; how they met, how they got along in the beginning, whether anyone else saw sparks. That's not likely to ever become canon though, so I have to get my fix through fic.

There was a fic somewhere with Rodney and Elizabeth on a plane going to/from Antarctica...anyone know what I'm talking about?
      Haven't seen any third person Antarctica fics.

The plane one, hmm, I had a plot bunny about that I might have mentioned but it was second in my Love Takes Times series - almost finished the first story - the interview one.

Oh, Puppet Master has been updated and one of the chapters, 28? perhaps, had a nice M/W bit in it.

Also I found a slightly McKay/Weir fic over on a LJ community I've only just discovered. Is only on 3/10 and only had M/W bit in the first one but it looks good.
      Sensitivity by Tielan

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        The plane one, hmm, I had a plot bunny about that I might have mentioned but it was second in my Love Takes Times series - almost finished the first story - the interview one.
        You tease, you!

Oh, Puppet Master has been updated and one of the chapters, 28? perhaps, had a nice M/W bit in it.
        Hmm...I've been monitoring that one for the FFF, but so far I haven't added it to the list. I must have missed the nice chapter you're referring to? Granted, there is lots of
        Spoiler:
        Concerned!Elizabeth for Rodney and there was that wonderfully dramatic choking scene, but it seemed like more of a Shep/Rodney friendship story than anything else.
        What do you think, should it be included?

Also I found a slightly McKay/Weir fic over on a LJ community I've only just discovered. Is only on 3/10 and only had M/W bit in the first one but it looks good.
        Oh, thanks for catching that! I always worry that I'm missing out on some treasure trove of M/W fic somewhere. Right now I check five sites for the FFF: fanfiction.net, wraithbait, the McKay/Weir yahoo group, the McKay/Weir livejournal site, and the SG lonelyship livejournal site. If anyone finds another site that has McKay/Weir fanfic that cannot be found elsewhere and is added at a regular basis please let me know so I can include it in my weekly scan.

OT: So Hans you have to pay for a certain amount of electricity each month and when it runs out you have to wait for the next cycle to get more? That's completely different from here, where you pay for the amount of electricity you used the last month. I've never even heard of paying for a set amount of electricity. Maybe it could be implimented here; think of how much more aware people would be with the electricity they use and how they would work to conserve it!

Comment

YUM! Love the latest graphics.
          Originally posted by Porthos1013
          That includes your new sig, Gate Trippin'!

Those S2 images are tempting me so much. I want to look, but I don't want spoilers. Ah, the dilema!

47 more days...can I hold out?

Oh, and I really liked the Take Me Away lyrics.
          Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

What about the theme of the vid? Other than M/W...
            The theme? It goes something like this:

dun do do doo dooooo.... Lemme guess, not what you were asking about?

You tease, you!
            Hey, I want to tease, too! I want on that list
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
              Hey, I want to tease, too! I want on that list
              Oh, a teaser list! Why not! Too many people on that one...

Hans for mentioning all the fics she's been working on/thinking about/done but not yet beta-ed/etc etc.

Cory for mentioning another M/W vid in the works (weren't you working on a fic too?).

Porthos for that "let Elizabeth decide who she wants" fic tease.

Lucy for mentioning that epic M/W fic that keeps getting derailed by writer's block.

YOU TEASERS YOU!

Comment

Oh, a teaser list! Why not! Too many people on that one...

Cory for mentioning another M/W vid in the works

YOU TEASERS YOU!
                "in the works"? Sheesh, is your information ever out of date. It's finished and available here:
                Another McWeir vid

Raw video file is here:
                Rawest of the raw

I hope you enjoy!
                sigpic

Comment

How did we get on page two, folks?

Surely someone's downloaded Cory's latest. I know I will as soon as my server gets less cranky.

Anyway, hopefully this will stir some discussion without bothering anyone...

Pardon the tangent, but this is something that’s been bugging me for a while. Over Memorial Day weekend, I had some specific ideas on the subject, so I finally decided to sit down and figure out how to express my thoughts on the matter. This may sound odd, coming from devoted McWeir fan, but here we go.

Earlier in the thread, a number of people voiced the opinion that Weir didn’t really love Simon based on the fact that she left on a mission that might never allow her to return to him and that she neither told him of her departure in person
                  Spoiler:
                  nor did she end their relationship in person (not that she could).

First of all, Weir seems to be an optimist, one of the many ways she’s different from our favorite pessimist. So even though the possibility existed that they might never return home, I have a feeling she always had faith that would never be the case.
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, maybe until The Brotherhood...

I find it extremely easy to argue that, as Weir, herself, mentioned in Home,
                  Spoiler:
                  she didn’t want to tell Simon in person because he would try to convince her not to go. A bit cowardly, perhaps, for her to avoid that situation, but it's completely reasonable. Plus, it reinforces that he matters so much to her she might have been tempted to give up the biggest adventure in human history for him. Sounds like love to me.

I also find it difficult to believe TPTB would bother wasting time involving Simon in three different episodes, specifically in scenes that are supposed to imply strong personal feelings, if he and Weir were just close friends or casual lovers. (Personally, I don’t think Weir comes off as the “casual” type.)

It’s the sentiment that you would never leave someone you love that really bothers me, though. I grew up in a Navy town. Most of my friends are Navy kids and several are, themselves, in the armed services and/or married to people in the military. Both as children and spouses, the obligations of duty have separated them from loved ones. I also have friends with parents and/or who are in medicine themselves who have similar situations. So, having grown up surrounded by people who do just that–leave their loved ones because of their jobs–it really surprises me that people can casually think that means a person doesn’t really love the person/people left behind. It’s like saying all my friends’ military/medical parents don’t really love their spouses and children or that my friends don’t really love their own spouses and children. My own experiences prove to me that is not the case. I don’t mean to get anyone riled; I just felt the need to have my say about it.

So I’m among those who believes Weir did/does love Simon. After all, in Home
                  Spoiler:
                  he was the first person she went to see.
                  Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

"in the works"? Sheesh, is your information ever out of date. It's finished and available here:
                    Another McWeir vid

Raw video file is here:
                    Rawest of the raw

I hope you enjoy!

I saw it, I liked it. A little constructive critism though, try not to use the same scene over in the same song. It gets alittle distracting when you go "hey, I just saw that".
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                      So I’m among those who believes Weir did/does love Simon. After all, in Home
                      Spoiler:
                      he was the first person she went to see.

I believe that Weir loved Simon, I just think that it was a comfortable love and that made it easier for her to break away from him. A passionate love is what we usually see in TV/movies where the whole world revolves around the pair. I think it's of her personality to have that comfortable love actually. A passionate love seems more Sheppard's style, not Weir's. As for Rodney, I don't know.... I think he'll take any kind of love he can get!

Comment

Another McWeir vid

Raw video file is here:
                        Rawest of the raw

I hope you enjoy!
                        Weeeeeeeeeee! A Storm/Eye vid!

Favorite part by far: the lyrics " I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
                        Walk the wire for you - yeah I'd die for you" all tied wonderfully to the dramatic scenes ("arrogant man", balcony, gun) in Eye. And I love the ending words too, you should keep them in all your vids!

Those title credits in the vid are an unfortunate nuisance, and I don't think there's a way to remove them from the episode clips.

Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Another thing to think about is not that only did she leave him a tape so he couldn't change her mind about leaving, but she was given special clearance to tell him some of what she was doing. None of the other expedition members were able to tell loved ones or family any of what was going on. Maybe she got clearance because she is the head of the mission, but eveeryone else is putting their lives on the line too, so I don't think she's special in that regard. She obviously made a personal request to the president to tell him, which means she loves him or cares very deeply for him and didn't want to leave him in the dark. Thinking she abandoned him or something.

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                          As for Rodney, I don't know.... I think he'll take any kind of love he can get!
                          I laughed out loud at that line! I guess we'll see if he takes whatever he can get, as it looks like we will see
                          Spoiler:
                          a love interest introduced for him in S2
                          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                            I saw it, I liked it. A little constructive critism though, try not to use the same scene over in the same song. It gets alittle distracting when you go "hey, I just saw that".
                            Which scene are you talking about?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                              Another thing to think about is not that only did she leave him a tape so he couldn't change her mind about leaving, but she was given special clearance to tell him some of what she was doing. None of the other expedition members were able to tell loved ones or family any of what was going on. Maybe she got clearance because she is the head of the mission, but eveeryone else is putting their lives on the line too, so I don't think she's special in that regard. She obviously made a personal request to the president to tell him, which means she loves him or cares very deeply for him and didn't want to leave him in the dark. Thinking she abandoned him or something.

I get the feeling that he's got some sort of security clearance. Unless he was working in the government, I don't see any reason they would be willing to let her tell him, leader or not.

Comment

Which scene are you talking about?

I'll get back to you on that tomorrow. I'm at work till 4 am tonight and I can't look at videos here.

Yeah, I also agree the title credits are distracting too, I'd rather not have the clips in there than have them there with the names.

Comment

Working...
                                X