No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspired by the recent discussion, I made this. I think I might make it my sig when the countdown is over, but I'm not sure. It still needs a little resizing, but if anyone just loves it, let me know, and you can have it for your sig.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Ah! I made 100 posts! Yay, party for me! And of course, you know I just had to post it here, because I love McWeir!

Rodney: I see Porthos has made 100 posts. Good job. Now do that 2 more times, and you'll be moderately close to my IQ.

And so this post doesn't veer totally off topic...I was listening to Lifehouse's Stanley Climbfall today, and nearly all of the songs can be geared towards McWeir. I'll be back later with lyrics to some of my faves, if anyone wants 'em!

EDITED to say: Hans! Now I'm officially your Jaffa Warrior, cuz I made 100 posts! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
        Inspired by the recent discussion, I made this. I think I might make it my sig when the countdown is over, but I'm not sure. It still needs a little resizing, but if anyone just loves it, let me know, and you can have it for your sig.

NICE picture! Very handsome!
        ~*~*~*~*~*
        not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Squees, lovely graphic. Very well done and a lovely choice of shot too. Would love to have a graphic but no room in sig, don't want to lose any of the all important links. Wish sigs accpeted tables for formatting...
          Ah! I made 100 posts! Yay, party for me! And of course, you know I just had to post it here, because I love McWeir!

Rodney: I see Porthos has made 100 posts. Good job. Now do that 2 more times, and you'll be moderately close to my IQ.

And so this post doesn't veer totally off topic...I was listening to Lifehouse's Stanley Climbfall today, and nearly all of the songs can be geared towards McWeir. I'll be back later with lyrics to some of my faves, if anyone wants 'em!

EDITED to say: Hans! Now I'm officially your Jaffa Warrior, cuz I made 100 posts! lol!
          LOL. Love the caption and you know Rodney is perfectly on topic here. Can't have the pairing without either of them...

Congrats on your 100 post, though I'm sure we should be providing you with something for it and not the other way round.

My betareading just isn't getting anywhere... plus my house ran out of electricity at 9pm - everything just shut down and it's Sunday! Bank Holiday too! Luckily we located a shop to top it up at but I really hate metered electricity once more. Anyway, you know we always appreciate McKay/Weir stuff, lyrics and all so happy if you pop back in to post any.

Comment

Very nice graphic...although I'm more than a little biased that pics in my livejournal header .

McKay is Snarky Geek Love

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              Yay, vid works on windows!

A little critique if you don't mnid. (apologise in advance because I can be way too critical of vids)
              "I hear the whisper" the clip came in a little too late, and also jack talked a little too long for my liking. Transition on 0.48 was odd, might be a OFW (One Frame wonder - the nightmare for WMM user, the single frame on the end that gets left in, the program is notorious for this and it's so hard to find. I once watched one of my vids 10 times to pick them all out - is easier to find them on higher quality versions too) The main "lets give them to talk about" seemed to not be paced to the clips, would flow better if each lets give was on a new scene or closeup of talking. Other OFW's 1.11, 1.37, 2.26 and 2.51. And now that's over...
              Please, critique away; that's the only way to get better. And you're right about all those OFWs except the last. That was deliberate since it's got Peter in the scene. The very next shot is Peter on his radio, spreading the gossip

Amazed you did the vid with just Rising, though I wish it could have had clips from Sanctuary too. Very nice vid, not a song I'd usually listen to be good fo the vid. Scuttles off to beta read Porthos' stuff but promises there will be some McKay/Weir out by the end of the day here and will get to work on the OT3.
              I had intentions of using clips of other episodes, but it took me over a half-hour to import Rising into WMM, so I decided, "Okay, I'll work with what I've got."

However, you do realize what these critiques mean, don't you? It means I'm going to have to do this over and over again until I get a Perfect 10 from you I already have the next song and episode selected, so hopefully it'll be out early in the week.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

My betareading just isn't getting anywhere... plus my house ran out of electricity at 9pm - everything just shut down and it's Sunday! Bank Holiday too! Luckily we located a shop to top it up at but I really hate metered electricity once more. Anyway, you know we always appreciate McKay/Weir stuff, lyrics and all so happy if you pop back in to post any.
                Oh, Hans, I'm so sorry! Things just aren't going your way lately, are they?

And here's some lyrics to a few of the Lifehouse songs I mentioned earlier:

Wash
                Never meant to waste your time
                never meant to fall out of line
                I was trying to get closer to you
                Now it seems with every step
                feels like I'm losing my breath
                I don't know what else I can do

<chorus>
                but you wash over me
                you wash over me like rain
                and you wash over me
                you wash over me like sunshine

I never had to choose
                living a life with you
                or chasing lies only half true
                when our love would be
                a world alone with you and me
                than hiding behind these walls

<chorus>

Everything in the world was falling through
                all I knew was it led to you
                my sunshine
                all my life never found my place
                until I felt the sunlight on my face
                my sunshine

Never meant to waste your time
                never meant to fall out of line
                I was trying to get closer to you
                Now it seems with every step
                feels like I'm losing my breath

<chorus>

Am I Ever Going To Find Out (I think this is good for if they ever admit their feelings)
                silence is golden
                but I think it's gonna kill me now
                everything I've seen
                never seems to fail me now
                no one told me that the world could fall through yeah

in between this am I gonna find a way
                to defeat this living inside yesterday
                I'm alive I think it's time to live
                like I am
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find out

patience can wait for now
                I think I've waited for too long
                you always gave a choice
                well I know right to be wrong
                all my life has been slipping through your hands yeah

like I am
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find out

like I am
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find it
                am I ever gonna find out

Take Me Away
                this time what I want is you
                there is no one else
                who can take your place
                this time you burn me with your eyes
                you see past all the lies
                you take it all away
                I've seen it all
                it was never enough
                it keeps leaving me needing you

take me away
                take me away
                I've got nothing left to say
                just take me away

I try to make my way to you
                but still I feel so lost
                cause I've seen it all
                it was never enough

take me away
                take me away
                just take me away

don't give up on me yet
                don't forget who I am
                I know I'm not there yet
                but don't let
                me stay here alone

I've seen it all and it's never enough
                I've seen enough and it's never enough

take me away
                take me away
                just take me away
                take me away
                take me away

Okay, like said before, just about every song on that CD made me think of McWeir, these are just some of my favorites, and I haven't even really been listening all that intently to some of the songs. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Take Me Away
                  don't give up on me yet
                  don't forget who I am
                  I know I'm not there yet
                  but don't let
                  me stay here alone
                  Porthos, they are all very McWeir, but I like the last one. The stanza you italicized was just perfect! It really highlights Rodney's inner confict and the emotional growth he has accomplished since Atlantis, yet he doesn't know if Weir is aware and he doesn't want to lose what they have, but build on it.
                  Very nice
                  Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                  :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                    Please, critique away; that's the only way to get better. And you're right about all those OFWs except the last. That was deliberate since it's got Peter in the scene. The very next shot is Peter on his radio, spreading the gossip

I had intentions of using clips of other episodes, but it took me over a half-hour to import Rising into WMM, so I decided, "Okay, I'll work with what I've got."

However, you do realize what these critiques mean, don't you? It means I'm going to have to do this over and over again until I get a Perfect 10 from you I already have the next song and episode selected, so hopefully it'll be out early in the week.
                    Not quite sure what you mean about the last bit with Peter, will have to rewatch. Of course for no explainable reason it'll only play in Windows. Funny thing is I've got plenty of wmv's that'll play under Linux, just not yours. Very odd and bad Linux! Mind you it could be that no one has made wmv codec up to date for linux, infact I'm surprised microsoft has even allowed for it to e released for linux... but nevermind.

On the importing, don't suppose it took so long because it was making clips? Clips can be useful but I've turned the setting off and just go through maknig my own clips - takes some time but if you already know the episodes fairly well then it's not too bad and saves some time.

Ooh, any hints on what the song or episode are? Will be looking forward to it. Does that mean I'll owe you two stories then?

Comment

And here's some lyrics to a few of the Lifehouse songs I mentioned earlier:

Wash

Take Me Away

Okay, like said before, just about every song on that CD made me think of McWeir, these are just some of my favorites, and I haven't even really been listening all that intently to some of the songs. Let me know what you think.
                      I think the Wash didn't fit for me (some lines seemed more S/W really), but I really like Take Me Away for M/W.

And yeah, things are often hectic for me. Thing was we have to buy electricity for about a month and I marked on my calendar when it should need checking but that was June 4th by my estimates and it ran out may the 29th... Must've been using more than I thought.

Oh and if you're stuck on the crossword anyone here's the answer grid.
                      http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/f...ossword1a.html
                      I apologise if any of them were too hard, I didn't want it to be too easy and might have gone overboard in making it difficult.

As I said before, it'd be great if anyone else could make another crossword - one I don't already know the answers to. Not much fun doing your own one.

Comment

Well, it's been awfully quiet around here the past couple of days, probably because it's the Memorial Day weekend here in the US and most sane people are out enjoying the weather. Myself, I had a fab time digging around the used bookstores in town for some great scifi and then bumming around the zoo. Good times.

Anyway, I finally watched your vid Cory and I was much impressed. Cute interpretation of having everyone else discuss the interactions of Rodney and Elizabeth. If that's what you can do with only Rising I'll be real interested in seeing what you can do with more eps from season one. Looking forward to the next one!
                        Along those same lines, one could even write a third person fanfic of someone (Grodin? Carson? Shep? Jack or Daniel?) watching Rodney and Elizabeth's looks, banter, and close proximity to each other while in Antarctica and Atlantis.

And yeah, things are often hectic for me. Thing was we have to buy electricity for about a month and I marked on my calendar when it should need checking but that was June 4th by my estimates and it ran out may the 29th... Must've been using more than I thought.
                        Aha! You've been in GW too much! McKay/Weir shipper overload!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Well, it's been awfully quiet around here the past couple of days, probably because it's the Memorial Day weekend here in the US and most sane people are out enjoying the weather. Myself, I had a fab time digging around the used bookstores in town for some great scifi and then bumming around the zoo. Good times.

Anyway, I finally watched your vid Cory and I was much impressed. Cute interpretation of having everyone else discuss the interactions of Rodney and Elizabeth. If that's what you can do with only Rising I'll be real interested in seeing what you can do with more eps from season one. Looking forward to the next one!
                          Along those same lines, one could even write a third person fanfic of someone (Grodin? Carson? Shep? Jack or Daniel?) watching Rodney and Elizabeth's looks, banter, and close proximity to each other while in Antarctica and Atlantis.
                          There's already a fic like that over at fanfiction.net, it's a Ford pov, although we can always use more . Here's the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2306733/1/

McKay is Snarky Geek Love

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Aha! You've been in GW too much! McKay/Weir shipper overload!
                            Yeah, we have a bank holiday here in UK too, just not sure what it's in aid of... Probably something I should know but it's not Mayday so I'm stumped.

Ah but my pc would be on even if I wasn't at GW, sadly I'm thinking my housemates have been naughty - they keep on leaving the shower heater on, and the boiler when we don't need it, the cooker switch and tv on standby etc - all the little things that add up to us running out sooner. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd take more responsibility and I didn't have to be organised myself and remind them when water bill needs paying etc. Got my last exam Friday too, a BBQ to go to tommorow, sewing I promised to do for a friends LARP costume soonish and moving my letters, insurance, tv license and cable from this house to the new one. Also had plenty of not so niceness in the area I live, chav gangs being twats. But anyway, GW is a nice refuge from everything, though it's not always quite so constuctive.

Comment

Ooh, any hints on what the song or episode are? Will be looking forward to it. Does that mean I'll owe you two stories then?
                              Now, why would I spoil the surprise by telling you that now? That would just ruin all my fun

And I won't complain if I get another story out of this. This time, payment could be... Hmm. Choices, choices. Let's settle on... McWeir HC fic, that slight Brotherhood AU you mentioned, where Koyla decides to get the information he wants a little more... directly. Plus, y'know, the Weir-luvin' that has to come after that to help him work through it and all
                              Last edited by Cory Holmes; 31 May 2005, 04:07 AM.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                                Now, why would I spoil the surprise by telling you that now? That would just ruin all my fun

And I won't complain if I get another story out of this. This time, payment could be... Hmm. Choices, choices. Let's settle on... McWeir HC fic, that slight Brotherhood AU you mentioned, where Koyla decides to get the information he wants a little more... directly. Plus, y'know, the Weir-luvin' that has to come after that to help him work through it and all
                                What about the theme of the vid? Other than M/W...

I'll try to come up with something on that, just written one of those AU darkfics... a 38 minutes one. Just needs betaing now. Also got an urge to write a short AU BIS, less happy ending than the episode but in some ways sweeter.
                                Last edited by Purpleyin; 31 May 2005, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X