• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Luce!

Yay songs.
    Originally posted by lucylou
    Hmmm Mcweir songies :

Must get Out By Maroon 5
    Must vid this if it's still unvidded by the time I have time...
    And another song :

You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

You raise me up: To more than I can be.
    Love this one, not heard the song but the last line sums it up nicely.

Comment

Replying to a few people here.

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
      I read......

Plus you can see it from the first episode
      My parents think that they are TOO set up like (idk what i'm trying to say) and all my friends hate atlantis and Sg1 (idk why they are my friends lol) but I am writing a fan fiction about them.. it's mostly McWeir but a little Sheyla too
      I'll link here once it's done
      So your parents think McKay/Weir is too setup? Would make a change from people thinking S/W or S/T was at the forefront.

Shame you don't know anyone who could lend you a tape, I really don't know what the channel thinks it's doing not showing all of a 2 parter - is ridiculous behaviour. Hoping people will write letters of complaint, might stop them doing so in the future.

Good news on the fic, any clues on what it's about? Will be looking forward to it.
      Originally posted by Natacup82
      I guess i'll delurk again to jump on the song bandwagon here. Right now the song that makes me think McWeir is Love Song, originally by the Cure but at the moment I'm all over the 311 version.
      Yay, delurkage.
      The song reads really great, would be so cute for a vid.
      Originally posted by Sirnonenath
      Bribes with fic you say? I'm game. I've been thinking about making some Atlantis vids anyway [and love yours by the way].

"Secret Smile" is a fantastic song for Mcweir which I have not heard before. Thanks to everyone for the lyrics and the great discussion, especially regarding Rodney and religion. I'm a little timid about posting but I follow this thread and all your thoughts.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
      Semisonic is a great band, I think secret smile was a big hit, at least in the UK, but was fair few years ago too. And yes, I'll do fic request/challenges if people make McKay/Weir vids. A little encouragement can go a long way I'd prefer for it to be McKay/Weir fic but I do plenty of other ships and like character pieces too.

And don't worry about posting, we all love to have others join in the fun and discussion, we won't bite; promise.

Last note: are the caption contest 5 banners not inspiring people? I've only got one entry so far for them, hence the deadline extension. If you've not seen them then the 2 posts are here.
      Banners and details

Comment

Good news on the fic, any clues on what it's about? Will be looking forward to it.
        It's a plot that i've been tryin to write forever... Somehow(i've yet to decide) Mckay,Weir,Shep,Teyla,Beckett and the SG1 gang get put 40 years into the future AS TEENAGERS. it's just an idea thats been bugging me(i tried to write a ba'am fic witht he plot)

i had a list of songs that made me think of mcweir
        ummm
        Bowling fior Soup- Girl All the Bad Guys Want (kinda moreso with me fic)
        Yellowcard- Miles Apart(for when rodney goes out on long missions)

and Yellowcard- Breathing(would kinda start out Weir/someone else, and then switch to mcWeir)

Comment

It's a plot that i've been tryin to write forever... Somehow(i've yet to decide) Mckay,Weir,Shep,Teyla,Beckett and the SG1 gang get put 40 years into the future AS TEENAGERS. it's just an idea thats been bugging me(i tried to write a ba'am fic witht he plot)

i had a list of songs that made me think of mcweir
          ummm

and Yellowcard- Breathing(would kinda start out Weir/someone else, and then switch to mcWeir)
          I can certainly say no one has done that plot for McKay/Weir yet! Is it going to humourous or serious or both?

Hmm. Breathing
          http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/Y/Yel...g%20lyrics.htm
          Elizabeth/Simon at first perhaps?

As for Miles Apart...
          http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/Y/Yel...t%20lyrics.htm
          I just knew eventually I'd get zany vid bunny from all this. Reading the lyrics for McKay/Weir and thought BIS but I've got this insane, can't be resolved idea for it being Weir/McKay, paralleled with Weir/Janus (remember the spoilers that Janus was compared to Mckay but it was never in the shows dialogue? ) Some odd past life whacked vid... going to go away before this gets any worse in randomness.

Oh wait, the other song. Bowling for Soup- Girl All the Bad Guys Want
          I want to do a Carter vid to it, because all the bad guys do want her! I mean McKay was a SG1 jerk, there's random bad guys, Fifth, Ba'al... list goes on I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            I can certainly say no one has done that plot for McKay/Weir yet! Is it going to humourous or serious or both?

Hmm. Breathing
            http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/Y/Yel...g%20lyrics.htm
            Elizabeth/Simon at first perhaps?

Oh wait, the other song. Bowling for Soup- Girl All the Bad Guys Want
            I want to do a Carter vid to it, because all the bad guys do want her! I mean McKay was a SG1 jerk, there's random bad guys, Fifth, Ba'al... list goes on I'm sure.
            I was hoping for the fic to be mainly humor. Would you find it humorous if people you were learning about in school all of a sudden showed up and were your age? but there is going to be the serious aspect of trying to figure out how to get back to real time.

I was thinking either Liz/Simon or maybe even a liz/shep for the beginning of Breathing

and i never even thought of GAtBGW as being a possible Ba'am fic!!!! i can never write ba'm grrr.

Comment

I was hoping for the fic to be mainly humor. Would you find it humorous if people you were learning about in school all of a sudden showed up and were your age? but there is going to be the serious aspect of trying to figure out how to get back to real time.

I was thinking either Liz/Simon or maybe even a liz/shep for the beginning of Breathing

and i never even thought of GAtBGW as being a possible Ba'am fic!!!! i can never write ba'm grrr.
              The fic sounds good.

I'd probably side more with Elizabeth/Simon but then so far there aren't any suitable clips for those bits of the song with them... hmm.

And GAtBGW - it just has to be for Carter, with a strong hint of Ba'al/Sam. I've written one fic for them and it was pretty hard to do, went more for humour on it becuas eI couldn't do serious. But a vid, I like vidding, somehow it can be easier working with clips - only going on what's already there. Makes odd couples vids slighlty more possible than fic.

Comment

hey, new McWeir shipper here!

I just started watching atlantisb when they show it on fridays during the off season break here in the us on Sci Fi... and i have some anger I need to vent!

So, this past week they showed the Storm, and , as any Atlantis fan would, I asssumed that this friday they would show The eye. I have heard(mainly from reading stuff u guys said) that they eye is a great McWeir episode. Well Sci Fi dissapointed me and are not showing the Eye next week... actually they arent showing any episode next week.

I am extremely dissapointed that i will not be able to see this episode.

Sorry about the rant but it was necesarry.
                Welcome to the thread, The Ultimate Obsession!
                I too became a McKay/Weir shipper without seeing The Eye, so I understand your pain. All the people on the yahoo group just squeed over the ep and I only had the transcript and screencaps to satisfy me until about a month ago. I'm also extremely bummed out that SciFi is not going to show it this week. Couldn't they have skipped reairing Sanctuary?

But yes, The Eye is the best McKay/Weir episode so far!
                Spoiler:
                He stands in front of a gun for her! He bluffs for her! He's about to say something to her when he thinks things aren't going to work! Not to mention all the physical contact; she touches his back when he's in front of the gun, she grabs him after he's attacked by Koyla on the balcony, and he huddles with her in the rain! It makes my shippy heart so happy!

Can I post some screencaps of the ep, or is that too spoilery?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Welcome to the thread, The Ultimate Obsession!
                  I too became a McKay/Weir shipper without seeing The Eye, so I understand your pain. All the people on the yahoo group just squeed over the ep and I only had the transcript and screencaps to satisfy me until about a month ago. I'm also extremely bummed out that SciFi is not going to show it this week. Couldn't they have skipped reairing Sanctuary?

But yes, The Eye is the best McKay/Weir episode so far!
                  Spoiler:
                  He stands in front of a gun for her! He bluffs for her! He's about to say something to her when he thinks things aren't going to work! Not to mention all the physical contact; she touches his back when he's in front of the gun, she grabs him after he's attacked by Koyla on the balcony, and he huddles with her in the rain! It makes my shippy heart so happy!

Can I post some screencaps of the ep, or is that too spoilery?
                  Sanctuary at least has some great McKay/Weir but it is sad The Eye won't be airing again. I think anything but
                  Spoiler:
                  stepping in front of a gun scene
                  is probably not too spoilery. If you think somethings possibly spoilery you could always link to it rather than have the image in the post.

Comment

So your parents think McKay/Weir is too setup? Would make a change from people thinking S/W or S/T was at the forefront.
                    Indeed. Lots of people thought that S/T was the obvious ship because TPTB hinted at it even before the show started. S/W is also quite obvious, hence the large number of supporters. McKay/Weir is the most obvious ship for me, but it seems to be the least obvious for most fans. Maybe that's because it had fewer actor and writer hints in interviews compared to the other ships. Maybe it's becase McKay doesn't seem like the obvious choice as a romantic interest. Maybe it's because it has fewer obvious long-drawn-out-looks... What do you guys think?

Last note: are the caption contest 5 banners not inspiring people? I've only got one entry so far for them, hence the deadline extension. If you've not seen them then the 2 posts are here.
                    Banners and details
                    Nah, I've just been a lazy sod and haven't written up my contributions yet. Been tearing out the carpet in our place; quite the fun task. I'll make sure to submit them early this time.

Looking forward to the fic and vids from everyone!

Comment

Nah, I've just been a lazy sod and haven't written up my contributions yet. Been tearing out the carpet in our place; quite the fun task. I'll make sure to submit them early this time.

Looking forward to the fic and vids from everyone!
                      Well technically everyone will be submitting late, compared to the first deadline. But as lnog as people submit by this Friday, migt wait til next Monday even... just need plenty of them, and was sure they're good banners for captions. I can't fill the polls out with 99% filler captions mysefl...

And on the fic - I might even have a few this week. Feeling pleased with myself for getting back on writing somewhat, generally still got writers block though.

Comment

Originally posted by Natacup82
                        I guess i'll delurk again to jump on the song bandwagon here. Right now the song that makes me think McWeir is Love Song, originally by the Cure but at the moment I'm all over the 311 version.
                        Hmmm Mcweir songies :

Must get Out By Maroon 5
                        You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
                        I had a list of songs that made me think of mcweir
                        ummm

YES! I love all these songs you guys are suggesting!

I stumbled across the lyrics for Yellowcard while looking for Go-Between lyrics. There's a generic SGA vid to their "Gifts and Curses," and the song "For Pete's Sake" almost begs for a Sam/Pete video. (Poor Pete! ) I agree, I think Simon for "Breathing."

But "Girl All the Bad Guys Want"...? That should be one interesting fic!

I have another one I just heard this morning: "I Surrender Dear" by Gus Arnheim

We've played the game of stay away,
                        But it costs more than I can pay.
                        Without you, I can't make my way
                        I surrender, dear.
                        I may seem proud; I may act gay,
                        It's just a pose; I'm not that way,
                        'Cause deep down in my heart, I say,
                        I surrender, dear.
                        Little mean things we were doing
                        Must have been part of the game,
                        Lending a spice to the wooing,
                        But I don't care who's to blame.
                        When stars appear and shadows fall,
                        Why then you'll hear my poor heart call,
                        To you my love, my life, my all,
                        I surrender, dear.
                        Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Screencaps from The Eye! Extra big to make up for the lack of actual episode.

A nice wet and dark pic.

Her supporting him after he was attacked by Koyla.

His return support after they've been in the rain all this time. Such a wonderful scene, particularily because it was something the typical McKay probably would not have done.

Her reaction to his "If this doesn't work line." Granted, it was certainly not delivered under the best circumstances!

Their joint reaction when they learn of their potential fate. Makes for interesting dark fanfic too, what would have happened to them if
                          Spoiler:
                          they hadn't been rescued by Sheppard?

Comment

Ooo! Thank you for the pretty pictures, Toaster!

McKay/Weir is the most obvious ship for me, but it seems to be the least obvious for most fans. Maybe that's because it had fewer actor and writer hints in interviews compared to the other ships. Maybe it's becase McKay doesn't seem like the obvious choice as a romantic interest. Maybe it's because it has fewer obvious long-drawn-out-looks... What do you guys think?
                            All that, plus I think the lack of musical cues makes a big difference. We don't need dramatic/romantic music to see our ship.

Nah, I've just been a lazy sod and haven't written up my contributions yet.
                            I plan on giving it a shot this time, too.

Good luck with the carpet, Toaster!
                            Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Seriously, if anyone thinks they'd like to then I'm happy to direct them to places/sites/people for advice on various things about it and listings/hostings for sg vids. Any questions feel free to ask here, email me or PM me.

I'd like any info/help you can give. I'm trying to save up for a new computer, so I can start vidding, but truthfully, I don't even know what sort of system requirements I would need. I know I need a faster processor and loads more memory since I can only house 2 episodes at a time on my computer, but if you or anybody else has specifics, that would be great so I know what to look for when shopping.

I already have songs picked out for a McWeir vid, a Atlantis appreciation vid, and a Rodney vid, as well as a notebook of scenes picked out. I just need to get the tech for it now!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                                I'd like any info/help you can give. I'm trying to save up for a new computer, so I can start vidding, but truthfully, I don't even know what sort of system requirements I would need. I know I need a faster processor and loads more memory since I can only house 2 episodes at a time on my computer, but if you or anybody else has specifics, that would be great so I know what to look for when shopping.

I already have songs picked out for a McWeir vid, a Atlantis appreciation vid, and a Rodney vid, as well as a notebook of scenes picked out. I just need to get the tech for it now!
                                Well as for specs, I don't think vidding requires wonderful specs. Harddrive space is obviously a big thing - if you are using divx's (obviously from your DVD's because downloading is bad...) typically one episode is something like 350mb and some svcd (Super video CD) versions are 700mb. The whole season of SGA takes up something like 9gigabytes with the 350mb ones.

On processor - I have a 1.8Ghz and it manages fine, I don't think processing power is so much of something to worry about. If your pc can play dvd's etc without glitches due to cpu speed then I wouldn't worry about needing anything more, since more just makes some bits like encoding faster, but is not really necessary. I think 2nd most important thing is RAM (which is what PC sellers usually call memory and stores data temporarily) but likewise, having more will only speed up encoding really - my RAM is a fairly normal, by todays standards, of 512Mb.

If your pc can handle most things then you should be able to vid too because music vidmaking isn't anywehre near as intensive as people making their own videos or applying special effects. The requirements ar eprobbly alot lower than people think but having a reasonable spec coomputer I can't really vouch for how low specs can go.

As for vid software - win xp comes with windows movie maker. it's okay, not that great but I've been survivng using it for alot of my vids since the Cyberlink PowerDirector trial ran out. One tip is that installing service pack to upgrades Windows movie maker for free to version 5 that's much much improved.

Cyberlink page here with free trial link
                                http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro...n.jsp?ProdId=4

There are also plenty of LJ/yahoogroups with vidders on that can help with questions.
                                Last edited by Purpleyin; 24 May 2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X