Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohshocking
    Sorry for just kind of going off the discussion track, but I've got a new music video, it's not completely McKay/Weir, but thought I'd post here anyway, seeing as it's half McKay/Weir. Anyway, it's kind of a love triangle, Sheppard and McKay both want Weir, and are jealous that the other guy has her... ok, it's hard to explain properly, so I'll just post it .

Song: Mr Brightside
    Artist: The Killers
    Ships: Shep/Weir, McKay/Weir
    Size: 13.9MB
    Spoilers: Up to and including 'The Siege part 2'
    Notes: Firstly from Sheppard's point of view, then from McKay's.

Feedback would be so very loved

Enjoy!
    Oh my goodness! I absolutely loved that vid! I think it's the best one I've seen yet! The way you interspersed the images with the words in the music was amazing! And I loved how you didn't just use big clips, you made it really fast paced to match the music. And the rapid scenes were great too. And the image quality was really clear too.

I would love a full on McWeir vid from you, but I'm plenty happy with this one, it was fabulous!

BTW I loved the Shep parts too. Nothing like a good vid to warm you up to a ship! (it doesn't however come anywhere close to replacing McWeir!)

Edit: Ok, upon watching it another 3 times, I've decided that is definetly my favorite vid! You win a button! You can send me a image you want on a button or I can make you one, just LMK! Oh, and I'll need your address too.
    Last edited by aaobuttons; 02 May 2005, 10:07 PM.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Oh my goodness! I absolutely loved that vid! I think it's the best one I've seen yet! The way you interspersed the images with the words in the music was amazing! And I loved how you didn't just use big clips, you made it really fast paced to match the music. And the rapid scenes were great too. And the image quality was really clear too.

I would love a full on McWeir vid from you, but I'm plenty happy with this one, it was fabulous!

BTW I loved the Shep parts too. Nothing like a good vid to warm you up to a ship! (it doesn't however come anywhere close to replacing McWeir!)
      Wow, thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it
      Uncontrolled Destiny
      My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
        You know, caffine works wonders as a antidote to pain pills!

off to check out your stories....
        O.O Thankies for the reads!

And, I like yours! Have I left a reveiw, because if not, I need to do that!

Sometimes FF.net is weird about me leaving reveiws, and then I forget to go back and do it when it likes me.

Comment

Thank you, again, for such nice feedback! Oooo, when you said you'd bribe me I didn't realise you were actually offering stuff! I will try to make a M/W vid, although with my exams coming up I can't promise anything soon, but I'll look out for songs
          Me too, have exams soon.
          But seriously, a vid or fic for any sga character/episode/pairing/theme you like...

Comment

Sometimes ff.net is weird full stop.

Lol, it kicks me off at random times or decides not to show a page when I'm half way through reading a really great story.
            Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
              Sometimes ff.net is weird full stop.

Lol, it kicks me off at random times or decides not to show a page when I'm half way through reading a really great story.
              Usually if you refresh, prob solved.

Then, if it still wont work, I go back and email myself the link for the last chapter I read and wait till later.

They seem to have the same server problems as GW. It breaks a lot is all I know... sigh.

Comment

Sorry for just kind of going off the discussion track, but I've got a new music video, it's not completely McKay/Weir, but thought I'd post here anyway, seeing as it's half McKay/Weir. Anyway, it's kind of a love triangle, Sheppard and McKay both want Weir, and are jealous that the other guy has her... ok, it's hard to explain properly, so I'll just post it .

Enjoy!
                Loved it! Loved the beginning with all the McKay/Weir moments and Sheppard looking annoyed. Loved the middle section with lots of pics of Elizabeth. Loved the end with the Sheppard/Weir and Rodney looking tired...so tired... Loved that BIS scene where Rodney squeezes in between Sheppard and Elizabeth.

Did I mention I loved it?

I'll second the request for a M/W vid!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  But seriously, a vid or fic for any sga character/episode/pairing/theme you like...
                  Oooo, I need to think of a song to vid now!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Loved it! Loved the beginning with all the McKay/Weir moments and Sheppard looking annoyed. Loved the middle section with lots of pics of Elizabeth. Loved the end with the Sheppard/Weir and Rodney looking tired...so tired... Loved that BIS scene where Rodney squeezes in between Sheppard and Elizabeth.

Did I mention I loved it?

I'll second the request for a M/W vid!
                  Thank you! (both for the lovely feedback and the rep ). Lol, yeah I love that bit in BIS, where it's just Weir, then Sheppard joins her and then McKay squeezes between them. My sister, having forgotten most of the eps and watching that scene hadn't actually realised Rodney appears (having only seen the first bit in S/W music vids), so she laughed out loud when he jumped in there . Again, thank you! I'm definitely thinking about a M/W vid, there doesn't seem to be that many around, does there? Does anyone have any recs? The only ones I've seen are Purpleyin's .
                  Uncontrolled Destiny
                  My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

If anybody wants to do a Weir/McKay vid, I have two songs that have been swimming in my head and are dying to be put to use.

First is Maroon 5 "Sunday Morning"

Sunday morning rain is falling
                    Steal some covers share some skin
                    Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
                    You twist to fit the mold that I am in
                    But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
                    And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
                    That someday it would bring me back to you
                    That someday it would bring me back to you

That may be all I need
                    In darkness she is all I see
                    Come and rest your bones with me
                    Driving slow on sunday morning
                    And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
                    Paint a picture with my hands
                    Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
                    Change the weather still together when it ends

That may be all I need
                    Driving slow on sunday morning
                    And I never want to leave

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
                    Sunday morning rain is falling and I’m calling out to you
                    Singing someday it’ll bring me back to you
                    Find a way to bring myself home to you

And you may not know
                    That may be all I need
                    Driving slow?

The other is from The Corrs "Breathless"

Go on go on
                    Leave me breathless
                    Come on
                    Hey, yeah,

The daylight's fading slowly
                    But time with you is standing still
                    I'm waiting for you only
                    The slightest touch and I feel weak
                    I cannot lie, from you I cannot hide
                    And I'm losing the will to try
                    Can't hide it , can't fight it

So go on, go on, come on, leave me breathless
                    Tempt me, tease me, until I can't deny
                    This loving feeling
                    Make me long for your kiss
                    Go on, go on
                    Yeah,
                    Come on,
                    Yeah,

And if there's no tomorrow
                    And all we have is here and now
                    I'm happy just to have you
                    You're all the love I need somehow
                    It's like a dream
                    Although I'm not asleep
                    And I never want to wake up
                    Don't lose it , don't leave it

This loving feeling
                    Make me long for your kiss
                    Go on, go on
                    Yeah,
                    Come on,

And I can't lie
                    From you I cannot hide
                    And I've lost my will to try
                    Can't hide it , can't fight it,

This loving feeling, Make me long for your kiss

Go on, go on, come on, leave me breathless
                    Go on, go on, come on, leave me breathless
                    Go on, go on, go on come on, leave me breathless
                    Go on, go on!

If anybody made either of these into a vid I would send you an endless supply of Atlantis Buttons!
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Does anyone have any recs? The only ones I've seen are Purpleyin's .
                      There's Azars, wolvergrims + plus the ones here.
                      http://kawoosh.co.uk/show.php?page=pairing

Wolvergrim's one I can't find anywhere but have a copy on my webserver - anyone who wants a link ask. I'm hoping it's okay for me to do this, I can't find the maker anywhere and it is a good vid. Can only give links out by PM one at a time since my server can't handle hosting vids really.

Azar's is here
                      http://www.gateview.ca/musicvids.html

Comment

Quick! Squeeze this in before the server goes down again!

I've been bumming around on the televisionwithoutpity SGA forum while waiting for GW and someone gave Elizabeth the trait of "Rodney-Wrangler." Hysterical, but it got me thinking. It's nice to see that Elizabeth has a calming, focusing effect on Rodney; it means that her presence and words mean more to him than your average person. However, I wonder if TPTB are going to keep on having her do this until it wears thin. Example: Something bad happens, Rodney freaks out, and Elizabeth "wrangles" him. Fun the first couple of times, but if it happens regularly next season I'm going to get a bit agitated. Hopefully Rodney will be a bit calmer in the face of danger next season, since he's seen so much of it so far. However, emotional!Rodney is such a joy to watch that I would hate for TPTB to completely remove that aspect of him.

Of course, TPTB could start having Elizabeth simply place a hand on him rather than saying anything. That would be fine with me.

Incidentally, "McWeir" and "Sheyla" are the standard abbreviations for those ships at that forum, but Sheppard/Weir has a variety of interesting ones. Someone called it "Weppard" while another called the verb "WeirSheppin'" Bwahaha!!

Comment

Quick! Squeeze this in before the server goes down again!

I've been bumming around on the televisionwithoutpity SGA forum while waiting for GW and someone gave Elizabeth the trait of "Rodney-Wrangler." Hysterical, but it got me thinking. It's nice to see that Elizabeth has a calming, focusing effect on Rodney; it means that her presence and words mean more to him than your average person. However, I wonder if TPTB are going to keep on having her do this until it wears thin. Example: Something bad happens, Rodney freaks out, and Elizabeth "wrangles" him. Fun the first couple of times, but if it happens regularly next season I'm going to get a bit agitated. Hopefully Rodney will be a bit calmer in the face of danger next season, since he's seen so much of it so far. However, emotional!Rodney is such a joy to watch that I would hate for TPTB to completely remove that aspect of him.

Of course, TPTB could start having Elizabeth simply place a hand on him rather than saying anything. That would be fine with me.

Incidentally, "McWeir" and "Sheyla" are the standard abbreviations for those ships at that forum, but Sheppard/Weir has a variety of interesting ones. Someone called it "Weppard" while another called the verb "WeirSheppin'" Bwahaha!!
                          Yay! GW's back!!

I guess I never pondered the wranglin' aspect though I certainly noticed it throughout season one. I wouldn't mind some physical wrangling either...no, not one bit

It might be nice to see Mckay wrangle Weir sometime...turn the tables a bit. Maybe have Weir freak out and see how McKay reacts to it and deals with it. Didn't notice it happen in SGA1 but I haven't seen them all yet. I guess weir was a little disturbed in BIS but that's nothing comared to mckay's episodes. I am really really looking forward to Mckay saying "Bing Tiddle Tiddle Bong" again in "Home" next week.
                          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Hmmm...I'm trying to think if there have been any times in season one where Elizabeth even came close to freaking out. She was a bit concerned for Rodney at the end of Hide and Seek, she was really worried for everyone on the shuttle throughout 38 Minutes, maybe there was some times during The Eye, Hot Zone and Siege. But even though she may have been really concerned and worried she never seemed to let it show on the outside. It makes sense; she is a negotiator after all. Still, this is all new for her, so I imagine that she's hiding a great deal of stress behind her "leader" shell. I'd like to see behind that next season. And it would be wonderful to have Rodney around to see his reaction when/if she freaks out about something. I can just see him looking straight at her and getting her attention by calmly saying "'Lizabeth"

Ah, Home. Doe-in-the-headlights from Rodney, the infamous boxer scene, and a whole bunch of McKay/Weir shippy goodness. Gotta get through Underground this week first though.

Nice sig pic! Did you make it yourself? I always thought it would be cute to see those two playing chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                              Yay! GW's back!!
                              I guess I never pondered the wranglin' aspect though I certainly noticed it throughout season one. I wouldn't mind some physical wrangling either...no, not one bit

It might be nice to see Mckay wrangle Weir sometime...turn the tables a bit. Maybe have Weir freak out and see how McKay reacts to it and deals with it. Didn't notice it happen in SGA1 but I haven't seen them all yet. I guess weir was a little disturbed in BIS but that's nothing comared to mckay's episodes. I am really really looking forward to Mckay saying "Bing Tiddle Tiddle Bong" again in "Home" next week.
                              Oooh physical wrangling...
                              And a thousand dancing hamsters comes to mind at the mention of Home. Love that episode a little more with each watching.

Hmmm...I'm trying to think if there have been any times in season one where Elizabeth even came close to freaking out. And it would be wonderful to have Rodney around to see his reaction when/if she freaks out about something. I can just see him looking straight at her and getting her attention by calmly saying "'Lizabeth"
                              I think the closest in S1 was the part in Rising where he reassures here on making the right call. Or when he was demanding, in Rising again, that they had to leave now and she was distressed about finding Atlantis and leaving it... probably the closest she's been to freaking out but then he wasn't really so comforting there, just calling her on what to do by shouting back equally passionately.

Oh and I noticed in Hotzone - watching for a vid- that he doesn't always say 'Lisabeth. When demanding attention and in public, informing her of the situation, he definitely said Elizabeth. I guess it depends on whats needed. Like her alternating between McKay and Rodney.
                              Last edited by Purpleyin; 04 May 2005, 03:46 PM.

Comment

And it would be wonderful to have Rodney around to see his reaction when/if she freaks out about something. I can just see him looking straight at her and getting her attention by calmly saying "'Lizabeth"
                                lol...That may be all he could say for awhile. He'd probably be rather bewildered and not know what to say...maybe one of those rare moments for rodney

Ah, Home. Doe-in-the-headlights from Rodney, the infamous boxer scene, and a whole bunch of McKay/Weir shippy goodness. Gotta get through Underground this week first though.
                                Home is rather like McWeir/Mckay mecca isn't it! Haven't seen Underground yet so I don't have any moments to get excited over yet

Nice sig pic! Did you make it yourself? I always thought it would be cute to see those two playing chess.
                                yeah...I have been so BORED these last few day w/GW down all the time. I played around on my friends compy and created it. It's a little off, but I rather enjoy it.... My compy is soo slow!
                                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Working...
                                X