Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
    Home, another forgotten McWeir eppy my fave moment and I think all McWeir shippers would agree is
    Spoiler:
    when Rodney answers the door in his t-shirt and boxers....and Elizabeth just doesn't say anything.
    mind you this also screamed out Sheyla eppy as well. Rachel/Teyla *sighs* stunning. Not to say that Torri/Elizabeth wasn't, because she was....Aiden looked cute, Rodney looked....cute but funny
    Spoiler:
    the scene with his cat and his neighbour was funny...
    okay, maybe that's just me
    Yea! Love that moment too/ Also, at the beginning of "Home" when
    Spoiler:
    they are at the briefing talking about going back to earth Weir asks Rodney if it would be dangerous and he lowers his voice and says "I'll be alright." Then Sheppard buts in and says " I think she meant Atlantis" and you don't get to hear Weir answer. It's just interesting that he thinks she is so concerned for him....makes me wonder Or maybe it's just an example of he ego but I choose the other! And, yeah, rodney in boxers....nuff said.

Purpleyin-thanks for asking
    Spoiler:
    what Rodney says to weir in The Eye before he gets interrupted. I REALLY hope Martin answers!!
    *crosses fingers*
    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
      The only reason it's not hard to see Shep/Weir is because the writers and producers seem intent on throwing it into our faces at every possible chance they get. It's painfully obvious given the dramatic music, the long dramatic looks, etcetera.

Whereupon McWeir shines through without needing any of that artificial "help", instead being shown with just the chemistry between the two actors. That is the single reason why McWeir is inherently better than Shep/Weir (though I'm not above enjoying any possible friendship between Sheppard and Weir).
      I see your point there and McWeir is sometimes very subtle but always honest. Do you think TPTB gave up on Sheyla and are really intending to push (ever so slightly) ShWeir or McWeir? I think I read on the Joe or Martin threads that the writers don't allow fans to influence their stories but maybe the chemistry between certain actors has changed their minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Welcome. We don't mind anyone coming here, we're happy to have discussion and McKay/Weir needn't be you OTP to come play over here.

Exactly, alot of people see both in those two episodes and I guess if you ship both you were in for a treat there!
        Thanks for the welcome!

Definitely! Two of my favourite eps from the entire season there (along with the Siege I and II )

There are alot of subtle moments for M/W shippers, I'm sure alot could be taken as just friendship but usually it's just fun to spot them anyway regardles of how they end up interpreted. And vidding means lots and LOTS of rewatching so I've suprised myself a couple of times by finding a new one I never saw the first 10, or whatever it is, times before.

Capping helps that too, seeing things as the unfold slowly - lots of looks that could be mssed otherwise. Okay, I'll stop talking now - way too obsessed on the ship but what can I say I find shipping fun and I love my OTP - so cute and it has a Mckay too .
        I think I need to rewatch all the eps again, this time looking for McWeir instead of ShWeir. There's a really obvious McWeiry bit in one of Purpleyins vids, that I hadn't noticed in the show, is it the bit from Letters from Pegasus people were talking about? They're standing in the briefing room and Rodney kinda gives her this look... not sure how to explain it better than that!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Welcome to the thread ohshocking! And don't worry I don't think anyone here as a problem with you posting. I like everyone posting here, the M/W shippers, the S/W shippers, the S/W/M shippers, the S/T shippers, we've even got several T/W shippers! It doesn't matter who you ship for as long as we keep on having such a good time here!
        Again, thanks for welcoming me

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Be careful watching those vids that Hans made BTW. Those things are madly addictive and will get you shipping for McKay/Weir before you know what hit you.
        You know, that's so true. They've definitely made me into more of a McWeir shipper than I was

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
        I see your point there and McWeir is sometimes very subtle but always honest. Do you think TPTB gave up on Sheyla and are really intending to push (ever so slightly) ShWeir or McWeir? I think I read on the Joe or Martin threads that the writers don't allow fans to influence their stories but maybe the chemistry between certain actors has changed their minds?
        I think that's what must have happened. Given before they blatantly said that Sheppard and Teyla would have a relationship, and nothing's happened, they must have seen the chemistry Joe and David have with Torri and decided to change direction.
        Uncontrolled Destiny
        My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
          Purpleyin, you really have to do some more Vids! I've got your site on my favorites list and I play them almost every day. Can I bribe you with pie??
          Yes, plan for many mroe vids, including McKay/Weir ones. Just that I have alot of work lately and vids take literally hours. Times the length of the song in minutes by hours and then add atleast 3...? That's usually minimum time for a vid to get done.
          hmmm, you know that probably wouldn't make it over the Atlantic in one piece.... How about a couple cute Stargate buttons?
          They have stargate button? I'd not be above bribery, but geek buttons appeal more...

Comment

Purpleyin-thanks for asking
            Spoiler:
            what Rodney says to weir in The Eye before he gets interrupted. I REALLY hope Martin answers!!
            *crosses fingers*
            How could I resist asking that? Just got to think up more questions now...
            Everyone get their thinking caps on.

Comment

Originally posted by ohshocking
              I think I need to rewatch all the eps again, this time looking for McWeir instead of ShWeir. There's a really obvious McWeiry bit in one of Purpleyins vids, that I hadn't noticed in the show, is it the bit from Letters from Pegasus people were talking about? They're standing in the briefing room and Rodney kinda gives her this look... not sure how to explain it better than that!
              Ooh, that's my favourite moment in LFP, along with the way
              Spoiler:
              when everyone is rolling their eyes at Rodney mentioning his brilliant compression algorithims she just gives him that amsued smile of hers. Very sweet.

You know, that's so true. They've definitely made me into more of a McWeir shipper than I was
              Yes, vids can do that. I'm flattered if mine can. There's this wonderful McShep one that makes me believe in it... (McShep that is). Vids can very much help there.

Comment

They have stargate button? I'd not be above bribery, but geek buttons appeal more...
                Well, I don't know if they make official ones, but I have a button press, and I make little buttons for everything. I have farscape ones, stargate ones, star wars etc. As well as word sayings, names of bands, you name it. If you have a favorite picture that fits a round frame then I can stick it on one.
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Well, I don't know if they make official ones, but I have a button press, and I make little buttons for everything. I have farscape ones, stargate ones, star wars etc. As well as word sayings, names of bands, you name it. If you have a favorite picture that fits a round frame then I can stick it on one.
                  So we could have McWeir buttons!?!
                  I'd love to have a button maker but never seen any. I don't suppose this inspired your username?

Comment

So we could have McWeir buttons!?!
                    I'd love to have a button maker but never seen any. I don't suppose this inspired your username?

Actually yes! My husband is in a band and we got the button press to make cheap buttons instead of buying them from somebody else. We started selling them to other bands and had little business buttons that was titled aaobuttons, for Against All Odds. We don't do large orders for buttons anymore as there isn't alot of profit and it takes alot of time, but we still do it for our friends and like I said I just get bored and make pretty buttons for fun! I would be happy to make McWeir buttons if you want to give me a little image.

Comment

Ooh, that's my favourite moment in LFP, along with the way
                      Spoiler:
                      when everyone is rolling their eyes at Rodney mentioning his brilliant compression algorithims she just gives him that amsued smile of hers. Very sweet.

Yes, vids can do that. I'm flattered if mine can. There's this wonderful McShep one that makes me believe in it... (McShep that is). Vids can very much help there.
                      I think I need to watch one of your vids too Purpleyin. Maybe I should take advantage of the super-fast connections at work today. Hehe!

Comment

I think I need to watch one of your vids too Purpleyin. Maybe I should take advantage of the super-fast connections at work today. Hehe!
                        Hehe, sounds like a nice work setup.

And on the McShep vid, just to clarifiy (just realised it sounds ambigious) I was recommending a McShep vid I've seen, not one of my own... Haven't made any for that pairing, yet. Besides we need more Mcweir vids, don't we.

Comment

Actually yes! My husband is in a band and we got the button press to make cheap buttons instead of buying them from somebody else. We started selling them to other bands and had little business buttons that was titled aaobuttons, for Against All Odds. We don't do large orders for buttons anymore as there isn't alot of profit and it takes alot of time, but we still do it for our friends and like I said I just get bored and make pretty buttons for fun! I would be happy to make McWeir buttons if you want to give me a little image.
                          wow. Sounds so cool. What size picture does it take?
                          I can think of many button ideas but I live in the Uk, so unless you do it'd be an expensive bribe.
                          Though it'd be cool to have Mcweir buttons for GateCon or the like... Not that I can go any time soon but it would be amusing. There's this one idea in particular I had for an LJ icon that might be good but you'll have to wait and see if it can be made at all first.

Comment

wow. Sounds so cool. What size picture does it take?
                            I can think of many button ideas but I live in the Uk, so unless you do it'd be an expensive bribe.
                            Though it'd be cool to have Mcweir buttons for GateCon or the like... Not that I can go any time soon but it would be amusing. There's this one idea in particular I had for an LJ icon that might be good but you'll have to wait and see if it can be made at all first.

The buttons are light, they are band size about 1 inch long. I can ship a couple in an envelope for less than $1. As for image, It's better to have a medium size image I can shrink down, than a small image I have to blow up cause it gets grainy. Any image works (it can be square or rectangle). Just think about a piece of paper and laying a CD on it and cutting out the circle of the CD, it's like that when you use a square image, so make sure there is room on the top/bottom/side.

Comment

Just a reminder for the chat tomorow. I should be there, there being across at the weirmckayyahoogroup

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/weirmckayship/

Saturday April 23, 2005
                              2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
                              This event repeats every week.
                              Event Location: McWeir Yahoo! Chatroom
                              Notes:
                              Need ideas, feedback or just want to chat about other people's work? Stop by and chat with fellow McWeir lovers.

Time: Every Saturday 7pm GMT, 2pm EST, 1pm CST, 12pm MST, and 11am PST

Hope to see you there!

Comment

Hmmm.....I just pictured McKay and sheppard in a physical fight over Weir. Not bad, not bad at all!
                                A physical fight? Doesn't bode well for Rodney. Now if he had time to set up little traps or something...Brains vs brawn! Well, actually it's more like brains (with some brawn) vs. Brawn (with some brains).
                                I think that's what must have happened. Given before they blatantly said that Sheppard and Teyla would have a relationship, and nothing's happened, they must have seen the chemistry Joe and David have with Torri and decided to change direction.
                                Hmm...I'm not so sure TPTB have completely given up on Shep/Teyla. Hard to know for sure unless they actually come out and say it, and I haven't seen any interviews yet that do so. There was mention of one with Joe on the S/W thread where he denied S/T, but sometimes facts on that thread get a little skewed... . Also, we've only seen the first season, and I highly doubt TPTB would fully develop a relationship that early, even if they did say it was the one they were doing.
                                Also not sure if TPTB have changed direction to S/W and M/W. Sigh, so much of that stuff is kept under wraps. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of what's going on next season, if they're planning on any ship at all that is.

McKay/Weir buttons! Excellent!

mmm...pie...

Comment

Working...
                                X