No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Confused and shocked* okay, so i've just been flicking (so-to-speak) through this thread and for people who voted for the caps 3...*ponders* how to put this nicely...oh what the hell...I'm just going to say what I want to say and then the lynching/red rep can begin. Are you lot on drugs?
    I am *laughs* medication drugs that is *laughs* that tends to get people all the while.

Shep/Weir shippers are they crazy? If anything "The Storm/ The Eye" screamed more Rodney/Elizabeth moments than any other ship.

Plus, you know the whole 2 episodes Elizabeth/Rodney were together...so how can people have not seen moments?!

Spoiler:
    unless people believe the John/Elizabeth moment, was, when John screamed down his walky talkie (sp) Koyla I'll give you whatever you want.....etc etc (I can't remeber the rest)

From the whole of the season if I had to chose one McWeir scene as my fave I would say that The Storm/The Eye, because Rodney's actions said it all. *Hugs McKay*

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

I loved The Storm/The Eye for McKay and Weir interaction! You got so much insight into their friendship and into Rodneys caring for Elizabeth. I also loved the little moment they had in her office in Letters From Pegasus. It was teeny but so much was expressed in just a few lines. Awww! and another office moment in The Gift. So cute and so funny!

Luce xxx
      Last edited by lucylou; 21 April 2005, 11:04 AM. Reason: I'm a doofus

Comment

Ack! Wrong thread! Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
          I loved The Storm/The Eye for McKay and Weir interaction! You got so much insight into their friendship and into Rodneys caring for Elizabeth. I also loved the little moment they had in her office in Letters From Pegasus. It was teeny but so much was expressed in just a few lines. Awww! and another office moment in The Gift. So cute and so funny!

Luce xxx
          Yup. What better way to show how you feel
          Spoiler:
          by shielding the person you care for? Be it in the friendship sense or the shipper sense. For me this said everything about Rodney.

Oh how could I forget about LFP?!

TG....for me there wasn't really moments, more friendship...*laughs*. For me, personally, TG had more shipper moments for Teyla/Elizabeth. *Shrugs*

Mand

Comment

Luce xxx
            Yeah, that blink-and-you'll-miss-it look from Rodney in LFP was very cute. And there were nice moments in the Gift,
            Spoiler:
            her using his computer, her adopting his hand gestures, almost finishing each other's thoughts in the office.
            The little scenes in Sanctuary were also great, but you have to live through OOC Sheppard and Rodney to see them...

Ooh, and nice questions from you in the Ask Martin thread! Very subtle, no blatant "Are Elizabeth and Rodney going to get together" stuff. I'm also interested in hearing about more McKay/Weir interactions next season, as well as the Antarctica backstory. And you asked about the huddling! Let's see how he responds to that, he did write it after all!

Comment

Glad you like my quessies. It took me ages to figure out how to word them but I thought I'd be brave and ask. I think even if they don't end up as a couple there is just so much potential in the friendship between Elizabeth and Rodney. They're both so comfortable around each other and bring out character traits that more often than not stay hidden around some of the other people. How could anyone not wanna see more of that lol.

Luce x

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
                *Confused and shocked* okay, so i've just been flicking (so-to-speak) through this thread and for people who voted for the caps 3...*ponders* how to put this nicely...oh what the hell...I'm just going to say what I want to say and then the lynching/red rep can begin. Are you lot on drugs?
                I am *laughs* medication drugs that is *laughs* that tends to get people all the while.

Shep/Weir shippers are they crazy? If anything "The Storm/ The Eye" screamed more Rodney/Elizabeth moments than any other ship.

Plus, you know the whole 2 episodes Elizabeth/Rodney were together...so how can people have not seen moments?!

Spoiler:
                unless people believe the John/Elizabeth moment, was, when John screamed down his walky talkie (sp) Koyla I'll give you whatever you want.....etc etc (I can't remeber the rest)

From the whole of the season if I had to chose one McWeir scene as my fave I would say that The Storm/The Eye, because Rodney's actions said it all. *Hugs McKay*
                You really get a "lynch mob" after you? That's too bad, I've always appreiciated how you speak your mind, whether here with us or supporting Teyla, Elizabeth, or same-sex pairings on Atlantis. Don't you stop now!

I don't think Sheppard/Weir shippers are crazy, far from it. If I was a S/W shipper I would also see tons of shippy goodness in the Eye.
                Spoiler:
                Sheppard gets all worried over the radio when Kolya is going to shoot Elizabeth, he goes on a rampage when he thinks that she's dead, he's openly relieved when he hears her voice again, he trusts himself enough to shoot Kolya at the gate, and then he runs up to her wanting to know if she is alright and grabs her hand. (sorry. S/W must make me write run-on sentences )
                But because I'm rooting for McKay/Weir I can always see those actions as concern for his fellow colleague and, more importantly, his leader rather than any deeper feelings.

And I also think the Eye is my favorite shippy episode so far, although it has to contend with Home...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I don't think Sheppard/Weir shippers are crazy, far from it. If I was a S/W shipper I would also see tons of shippy goodness in the Eye.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sheppard gets all worried over the radio when Kolya is going to shoot Elizabeth, he goes on a rampage when he thinks that she's dead, he's openly relieved when he hears her voice again, he trusts himself enough to shoot Kolya at the gate, and then he runs up to her wanting to know if she is alright and grabs her hand. (sorry. S/W must make me write run-on sentences )
                  But because I'm rooting for McKay/Weir I can always see those actions as concern for his fellow colleague and, more importantly, his leader rather than any deeper feelings.

And I also think the Eye is my favorite shippy episode so far, although it has to contend with Home...
                  Hey, *waves* I hope people don't mind me posting here, considering I'm a Shep/Weir shipper... However, I can see the McWeir ship, and think it's cute too, even if it's not my OTP. I can see it more from Rodney's side though

Us S/W shippers aren't crazy... well, maybe a little bit *grin* But for me, The Storm/The Eye showed both ShWeir and McWeir bits, but seeing as how this is a McWeir thread, I'll stop with the ShWeir talk .

One of my favourite parts in The Storm/The Eye 2 parter is when
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney steps in front of the gun
                  . It's just adorable, and given Rodney's scared-ness, I think shows his feelings more than he'll admit even to himself. Also, the
                  Spoiler:
                  hug/arm round each other moment out in the rain and when Rodney tries to speak but Elizabeth stops him
                  was brilliant. Other S/W shippers may see friendship into that, but I see some ship there

Coming on this thread, I've gotten myself all thinking about McKay/Weir, darn it! I was watching some shippy vids yesterday (by Purpleyin, I think, which were excellent, by the way!) and I could see more M/W moments that I hadn't noticed in the show. Although I'm still rooting for S/W, I can see the possibilty and like (unlike Sheyla, which sorry to any shippers, but I just can't see) Rodney and Elizabeth.
                  Uncontrolled Destiny
                  My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by ohshocking
                    Hey, *waves* I hope people don't mind me posting here, considering I'm a Shep/Weir shipper... However, I can see the McWeir ship, and think it's cute too, even if it's not my OTP. I can see it more from Rodney's side though
                    Welcome. We don't mind anyone coming here, we're happy to have discussion and McKay/Weir needn't be you OTP to come play over here.
                    Us S/W shippers aren't crazy... well, maybe a little bit *grin* But for me, The Storm/The Eye showed both ShWeir and McWeir bits, but seeing as how this is a McWeir thread, I'll stop with the ShWeir talk .
                    Exactly, alot of people see both in those two episodes and I guess if you ship both you were in for a treat there!
                    One of my favourite parts in The Storm/The Eye 2 parter is when
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney steps in front of the gun
                    . It's just adorable, and given Rodney's scared-ness, I think shows his feelings more than he'll admit even to himself. Also, the
                    Spoiler:
                    hug/arm round each other moment out in the rain and when Rodney tries to speak but Elizabeth stops him
                    was brilliant. Other S/W shippers may see friendship into that, but I see some ship there
                    Hehe, nice to hear that
                    Coming on this thread, I've gotten myself all thinking about McKay/Weir, darn it! I was watching some shippy vids yesterday (by Purpleyin, I think, which were excellent, by the way!) and I could see more M/W moments that I hadn't noticed in the show. Although I'm still rooting for S/W, I can see the possibilty and like (unlike Sheyla, which sorry to any shippers, but I just can't see) Rodney and Elizabeth.
                    Ooh, thanks for the praise. I do try.

There are alot of subtle moments for M/W shippers, I'm sure alot could be taken as just friendship but usually it's just fun to spot them anyway regardles of how they end up interpreted. And vidding means lots and LOTS of rewatching so I've suprised myself a couple of times by finding a new one I never saw the first 10, or whatever it is, times before.

Capping helps that too, seeing things as the unfold slowly - lots of looks that could be mssed otherwise. Okay, I'll stop talking now - way too obsessed on the ship but what can I say I find shipping fun and I love my OTP - so cute and it has a Mckay too .

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      You really get a "lynch mob" after you? That's too bad, I've always appreiciated how you speak your mind, whether here with us or supporting Teyla, Elizabeth, or same-sex pairings on Atlantis. Don't you stop now!

Spoiler:

*Laughs* ToasterOnFire Yes, I do. People don't like what I say *shrugs* but that's not my fault, but heh, it's not just what I say, its the questions I ask. *Laughs again*. Strange, but true. But I'll say this I don't think it's any of you McWeir shippers....I don't think it's any shippers...unless they don't like the idea of Teyla/Weir *sighs* but what else is new in that area?!

I'm not going to stop speaking my mind...that's like me going without....*laughs*...coffee. If people want to red rep me, then they can, but I would like some reason, some logic as to why, because it's so boring to guess why. Even though, I have a good idea, as to why....*cough* all the RL/TE bashers *cough* *cough* and yet, they give no real reason, as to why, they bash *hugs...bashed Rachel*

TS/TE- I can see why some S/W and strangely M/W shippers would this eppy, as a J/E shipper eppy, but I agree with you when you say that it's more of John's leaderness (is that even a word?) than a shipper moment. He cares for her, he cares for them all....*awww, isn't that cute?*

Home, another forgotten McWeir eppy my fave moment and I think all McWeir shippers would agree is
                      Spoiler:
                      when Rodney answers the door in his t-shirt and boxers....and Elizabeth just doesn't say anything.
                      mind you this also screamed out Sheyla eppy as well. Rachel/Teyla *sighs* stunning. Not to say that Torri/Elizabeth wasn't, because she was....Aiden looked cute, Rodney looked....cute but funny
                      Spoiler:
                      the scene with his cat and his neighbour was funny...
                      okay, maybe that's just me

Mandeep

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        Yes, OT3 can (but isn't always) alot less angsty. Of course most OT3 fic is adult rated but if you like that kind of stuff there's one on wraithbait that's...interesting? Called 'Sober'
                        I thought that was the fic I was remembering, but after a review I realized I was thinking about "Left Behind" also on Wraithbait. Both are quite nice though.

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                        That The Eye began with one of the McWeiriest moments in the series also adds impact to the McWeriness of that episode.
                        Oh man, I laughed myself silly when I read that. Who knew we could get so much mileage out of the term "McWeir"?

I think even if they don't end up as a couple there is just so much potential in the friendship between Elizabeth and Rodney. They're both so comfortable around each other and bring out character traits that more often than not stay hidden around some of the other people. How could anyone not wanna see more of that lol.
                        Indeed, I think their close bond made it much easier for me to ship for them, and I would love to see more of that at least next season. In the first season it seemed like Elizabeth brought out hidden traits in Rodney more than the reverse, so I'd like to see Rodney help bring out her assertiveness and confidence next season, even if it's only as friends. Oh, and Martin did say something about
                        Spoiler:
                        bringing out Weir's softer side next season
                        , maybe Rodney could help there?

Comment

<snip>
                          Welcome to the thread ohshocking! And don't worry I don't think anyone here as a problem with you posting. I like everyone posting here, the M/W shippers, the S/W shippers, the S/W/M shippers, the S/T shippers, we've even got several T/W shippers! It doesn't matter who you ship for as long as we keep on having such a good time here!

Trolls can stay out though. No trolls please.

Be careful watching those vids that Hans made BTW. Those things are madly addictive and will get you shipping for McKay/Weir before you know what hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            Yes *eyes dart back and forth* if you see any posts by me there it's also purely for either research or in aid of good shipper relations. Just stop me before I get the urge to vid Shep/Weir (it tempts me already...I have all sorts of crazy vid bunnies, for slash, ship etc)
                            I won't tell if you don't.

Yes, I guess that's why I see more Mckay/Weir there too. Not to imply Sheppard/Weir friendship is less but with Rodney it feels more meaningful to me, it just sticks out...and I like seeing it too.
                            You're reading my mind. It is really hard not to see the Shep/Weir but come on! McWeir totally wiped the floor with Shep/Weir in those eps! Hmmm.....I just pictured McKay and sheppard in a physical fight over Weir. Not bad, not bad at all!
                            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                              It is really hard not to see the Shep/Weir but come on! McWeir totally wiped the floor with Shep/Weir in those eps!
                              The only reason it's not hard to see Shep/Weir is because the writers and producers seem intent on throwing it into our faces at every possible chance they get. It's painfully obvious given the dramatic music, the long dramatic looks, etcetera.

Whereupon McWeir shines through without needing any of that artificial "help", instead being shown with just the chemistry between the two actors. That is the single reason why McWeir is inherently better than Shep/Weir (though I'm not above enjoying any possible friendship between Sheppard and Weir).
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Coming on this thread, I've gotten myself all thinking about McKay/Weir, darn it! I was watching some shippy vids yesterday (by Purpleyin, I think, which were excellent, by the way!) and I could see more M/W moments that I hadn't noticed in the show.

Purpleyin, you really have to do some more Vids! I've got your site on my favorites list and I play them almost every day. Can I bribe you with pie??

hmmm, you know that probably wouldn't make it over the Atlantic in one piece.... How about a couple cute Stargate buttons?
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X