Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    How long did it take you to write all of that?!
    Well 23 chapters, about 1 a week, so 6 months or maybe longer? I was in sixth form or doing my gcse's at the time - was one of my very first fanfics and very ambitious plot. Writing not really so good compared to nowadays and needs a rewrite and beta but that was just the first story - left it with such a cliffhanger and the second one has about 5 chapters (keep meaning to update it...) equalling 11,000 so far. Looks like it'll be at least 30,000 in that case.
    Yes you were! Shame! Back to work! Ignore my last question! (I can't blame you though, I had a presentation last week and I couldn't stop posting. Damn GW, must be feeding me crack or something...)
    Well, I'm not doing such a good job of ignoring GW - you should see the GateWorld Addictive? thread... Someone posted "GW addictice? Is water wet?"
    ...babyfic? Wassat?
    And are we talking Teyla and Bates or...Teyla/Bates? Because the latter is awfully interesting, and even has its own thread if I'm not mistaken!
    Baby fic is just like deathfic and other terms - has exactly what is says in it.
    And I know Lucy's fic has Teyla/Bates, not only did I start the thread for it but I've been prodding Lucy into writing more fic for several months. I think it's a great fic so far, angsty but good.
    Great job again everyone on all the captions. Looking forward to caption contest number 4...(I completely forgot about the last one! )
    Might have those up later on, have to pick which ones first.
    Last edited by Purpleyin; 20 April 2005, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
      couldn't let this thread slip down to page 2
      Been looking at lotsa McWeir pics from The Storm.....Mmmmm!
      Any favourites?
      In fact any favourite parts of the episode? (Remember spoilers for talking about it) I found that a very shippy episode myself.

Comment

MAJOR Season 2 spoilers here

Spoiler:

This is off stivaria's LJ, she went to the convention recently and this was a reply of hers to my comment about the set tours.

Beware several S2 SGa spoilers on there.
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/pohaku_wai/

Oh it was incredible! I wish you could have been here too... everyone should get a chance to visit the sets. I actually stood on the balcony where doomed!Rodney stood, working on his datapad to get the jumperbay doors open for Weir, Sheppard and Zelenka.

I couldn't speak for a minute or so when we walked onto the Atlantis set... it was so amazingly beautiful! Just wait til you see Weir's office next season; they really took advantage of the fact that they could return to Earth for brief periods. My only complaint about the whole thing was we couldn't take pictures. However, John Smith said that he couldn't see why we should have that restriction next year.... so I'm definately going for the gold ticket again to get the tour.

They get to go to Earth! I see a possibility for Elizabeth/Simon interactions... and wondering if Rodney gets to go if he's so in need of sleep...?
        All very exciting, though I hadn't expect for her to come out with such a spoiler - at least I don't mind them

Comment

::gasp::wheeze::

I've made it! I've made it to the end of the thread! And after all of that reading, I have three things I must say.

Bless you, ToasterOnFire for Fanfic Fridays! If it's not on ff.net, I normally would miss it, so all those links to other fics have been wonderful. I'm one of those people who prefers to avoid WIPs until they're finished, so your mention of when a series is completed is also greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You people were spoiling Season 2 by page 16?!?
          ...yes, I'm a soilerphobe.

Thank you Gate Tripper--you've made my day, possibly my week. I've been trying to finish a longer non McWeir story for over a month, now, but PurpleYin told me to shoot for a McWeir story I was not sure about (Thank you, Hans!), due to potential cliches. I don't know when I'll finish it, but I hope you'll enjoy it, too.

Nice to have finally made it. So happy there are so many other folks who see what I see when they watch SGA.
          Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Hmmm...shippy moments from the Storm...
            Spoiler:

-Hee, Rodney fighting Zelenka to get to Elizabeth first to report the plan. And then there were some nice camera shots of him looking at her and vice versa, quite nice.
            -How did Rodney know that Elizabeth's knees were bothering her? He was so nice to her too, making sure her station wasn't too far away, aww. Not too nice to Sheppard though:

SHEPPARD: Wait, wait, wait a second. Are these things even close to a transporter?
            McKAY: Uh, yes, Elizabeth’s is.
            SHEPPARD: And mine?
            McKAY: Uh, it’s a brisk walk away.
            SHEPPARD: And by ‘brisk’, you mean ... ‘far’.
            McKAY: By ‘walk’, I mean ‘run’.

Mwahaha!

-Later when they are working on the stations Rodney seems more concerned with where Elizabeth is then about Sheppard. After she pops out of the transporter, their little "There you are"..."There I am" with a smile from her is quite cute!
            -The torture scene; how did Kolya get Rodney to break? Maybe just the arm slash was enough, but some shippers think he threatened Elizabeth's life...Nice to see how concerned she was about his arm, and that the two stood so close together throughout the hostage situation.
            -Rodney's look of total fear at the end when the gun was pointed at Elizabeth was also wonderful.

Comment

Hmmm...shippy moments from the Storm...
              Spoiler:

-How did Rodney know that Elizabeth's knees were bothering her? He was so nice to her too, making sure her station wasn't too far away, aww. Not too nice to Sheppard though:

SHEPPARD: Wait, wait, wait a second. Are these things even close to a transporter?
              McKAY: Uh, yes, Elizabeth’s is.
              SHEPPARD: And mine?
              McKAY: Uh, it’s a brisk walk away.
              SHEPPARD: And by ‘brisk’, you mean ... ‘far’.
              McKAY: By ‘walk’, I mean ‘run’.

Mwahaha!
              Oh and there's another theory to go with that, an addition to that simple McWeir victim scene (thinking that concept needs explaining on the FAQ too...)
              Spoiler:

That not only was he being nice to Elizabeth and possibly a little selfish on not taking the longest one himself and letting Sheppard do 2 medium distanced ones, there's the possibility he gave Shep both of those to keep him occupied so the two of them could have some alone time.

Then there's the walking in the corridoors together, he looked possibly a little nervous after the "There I am" bit and there was alot of Elizabeth watching him there too as they walked along. Especially when Rodney was talking to Sheppard and not paying attention to her. Like she got to watch him when he wouldn't notice but immediately looks away when his attention is back to walking with her...

But then I really over analyse stuff. Really I do, I partially blame Iona too, she encoruages me!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                MAJOR Season 2 spoilers here

Spoiler:

Just wait til you see Weir's office next season; they really took advantage of the fact that they could return to Earth for brief periods.
                Spoiler:
                Hmmm...guess that means that she gets to redecorate? Wonder what the office looked like, hopefully no new Simon pictures...(I'm so evil!)

Spoiler:
                They get to go to Earth! I see a possibility for Elizabeth/Simon interactions... and wondering if Rodney gets to go if he's so in need of sleep...?
                All very exciting, though I hadn't expect for her to come out with such a spoiler - at least I don't mind them
                Spoiler:
                Oh yay, hopefully they can finally tie up the Elizabeth/Simon thread. I'm not too happy with how they've handled it so far. Oh, and I hope that Rodney gets to go along (to Earth, not to her visit with Simon. That would be...interesting ) Maybe a tiny bit of angst from him when he hears that she's going to visit Simon? Joe did hint that we were going to see Rodney's sis next season, so maybe we'll see her there.
                Of course, totally OOC, but Elizbeth and Rodney could just go to Niagra Falls together...hee.

Oh, and Martin Gero (Atlantis writer) is doing a fabulous job answering all Atlantis questions/spoilers over in the General Discussion thread! (one set of mine already answered, one more in the queue) I highly recommend posting some questions there!

Comment

Spoiler for The Storm
                  Spoiler:

-Rodney's look of total fear at the end when the gun was pointed at Elizabeth was also wonderful.
                  That kept Atlantis on my mind for weeks after it aired. I was more anxious for that mid-season cliffhanger to end than anything in any other show in quite a long time. Waiting all that time between The Storm and The Eye really stank.

Usually it's that kind of wait that gets me on the web, but oddly, what got me to finally surf for McWeir and Atlantis was a tiny little bit in Sanctuary
                  Spoiler:
                  when both Rodney and Elizabeth say, "NO!" to Sheppard at the same time.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Oh yay, hopefully they can finally tie up the Elizabeth/Simon thread. I'm not too happy with how they've handled it so far. Oh, and I hope that Rodney gets to go along (to Earth, not to her visit with Simon. That would be...interesting ) Maybe a tiny bit of angst from him when he hears that she's going to visit Simon? Joe did hint that we were going to see Rodney's sis next season, so maybe we'll see her there.
                    Of course, totally OOC, but Elizbeth and Rodney could just go to Niagra Falls together...hee.
                    Not so McKay/Weir (though I can see a way to make it so...) but how about
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney buys The Sixth Sense whilst on Earth so he can watch the end and maybe he does go visit Niagra falls...he did want to afterall! I'd quite like to see him going with her to visit Simon but it would be evil or awkward and probably OOC too unless there's a way for it not to be.

Oh, and Martin Gero (Atlantis writer) is doing a fabulous job answering all Atlantis questions/spoilers over in the General Discussion thread! (one set of mine already answered, one more in the queue) I highly recommend posting some questions there!
                    Oooh, someone else to inflict the uniform question on! Joe already told me he cold'nt properly answer that one...skulks off to think of questions and revive ones not yet answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                      ::gasp::wheeze::

I've made it! I've made it to the end of the thread!
                      <snip>
                      Nice to have finally made it. So happy there are so many other folks who see what I see when they watch SGA.
                      Yay, Fanwoman is here too! (I thought I saw you posting around on other threads, glad to see you finally made it here. ) Welcome and make yourself comfortable!

Glad you like the ff Fridays. I also like to hold off reading a story until it's complete, so that's why I included the "complete" tag. I hate pinning my hopes on a story and then it never gets finished...
                      *COUGH* *COUGH*

Yeah, we like to discuss lots of season 2 spoilers around here. Anything that keeps us going until July (fanfic helps there too). I told myself I was going to stay spoiler free for season two and that went out the door as soon as GW posted their first spoiler. Oh well, I'm staying spoiler free for BSG, damnit!

Looking forward to your next fic as always.

Comment

Glad you like the ff Fridays. I also like to hold off reading a story until it's complete, so that's why I included the "complete" tag. I hate pinning my hopes on a story and then it never gets finished...
                        *COUGH* *COUGH*
                        Yeah, we like to discuss lots of season 2 spoilers around here. Anything that keeps us going until July (fanfic helps there too). I told myself I was going to stay spoiler free for season two and that went out the door as soon as GW posted their first spoiler. Oh well, I'm staying spoiler free for BSG, damnit!

Looking forward to your next fic as always.
                        What's the cough for? ey
                        Of course I'm sure its entirely directed at MA (where's The journal?! And more Alien Abduction!)...

On BSG I had a crossover plot bunny... spoiler tagged so anyone not having seen season 1 doesn't get annoyed. Very very crazy but potentially both touching and deep as well as hilarious. Only read if you wish to write it! Otheriwse all will be given away!!!

Spoiler:
                        Presumably set in season 2 but guess it doesn't have to be, just sort of somewhere around. Maybe and I have no clue whatsever how this happens - they get body swapped across dimensions... I'm thinking Baltar and Six to Atlantis and Rodney and Elizabeth to BSG. Where it'd get interesting would be possibly, Baltar being in Elizabeth's body and playing the leader (and being so out of character) and Six possibly enjoying her sudden humanity (and also being pretty OOC and not being like Rodney at all, apart from maybe coming off as snarky without intending to). I think Elizabeth being in Rodney's head would be cool too . Another twist could be if they started turning into the person they were occupying...so Elizabeth starts having an urge to seduce Rodney (I'm so evil ) and Six feeling more and more like Rodney (a chance to show up his problems? maybe Six as him cries, experiencing his bottled up grief and guilt?). Not sure how it would affect Rodney as becoming more like Baltar since they're both smart and geeks, but then there is impending doom... And Baltar as Elizabeth? Not sure how that would go but all in all this is one crazy plot bunny. I'd love to see someone write.

Comment

Ah! I remember something I wanted to mention from further back in the thread. Maybe this should be in one of the other McKay threads, but it's here that I read about it. So here's where I'll post.

Several people went on about how McKay always has to know everything. I disagree. He's rather good at deferring to experts in fields outside his own. It's one of the aspects I've loved about the change/expansion in his character from SG1 to SGA. There have been numerous times he has not only admitted not knowing something, he's underscored it.

Spoiler:

He asks for help in 38 Minutes.

There's the "How would I know that? What am I, the Answer Man?" from Suspicion. ...though I suppose that line can also go against my point.

His being unable to make out the Ancient computer code and turning to Grodin for help in Sanctuary.

Not being able to figure out how the tiles work in The Brotherhood.

He also turns to Elizabeth for help translating the Wraith data in The Gift.

Asking for help figuring out where the relays were in Siege, Part 1.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting, but you get the idea.

Yes, he's arrogant about his considerable knowledge, but it's not the same as being a know-it-all, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            Of course I'm sure its entirely directed at MA (where's The journal?! And more Alien Abduction!)...
                            Oh yes, MA too. Hoping for an update to "What Will Be Will Be"...BigCat!Rodney and mental bonds, oh my!

Oh and there's another theory to go with that, an addition to that simple McWeir victim scene (thinking that concept needs explaining on the FAQ too...)
                            Spoiler:

That not only was he being nice to Elizabeth and possibly a little selfish on not taking the longest one himself and letting Sheppard do 2 medium distanced ones, there's the possibility he gave Shep both of those to keep him occupied so the two of them could have some alone time.

Then there's the walking in the corridoors together, he looked possibly a little nervous after the "There I am" bit and there was alot of Elizabeth watching him there too as they walked along. Especially when Rodney was talking to Sheppard and not paying attention to her. Like she got to watch him when he wouldn't notice but immediately looks away when his attention is back to walking with her...
                            Ooh, interesting idea! And I missed her watching him, time to see the ep. again!
                            Yep, "McWeir Victim" definitely needs to be explained in the FAQ...

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                            Usually it's that kind of wait that gets me on the web, but oddly, what got me to finally surf for McWeir and Atlantis was a tiny little bit in Sanctuary
                            Spoiler:

when both Rodney and Elizabeth say, "NO!" to Sheppard at the same time.
                            Wow, that scene helped get you interested in McKay/Weir? That's certainly unique! Makes sense though, maybe they jinxed each other because they think similarily and are compatable on that level? Lots of other nice scenes in Sanctuary, also...

Comment

Wow, that scene helped get you interested in McKay/Weir? That's certainly unique! Makes sense though, maybe they jinxed each other because they think similarily and are compatable on that level? Lots of other nice scenes in Sanctuary, also...
                              No, no, no. That's what got me onto the web to look for others like myself.

Like a lot of people, I started consciously shipping because of The Eye. First I became a McKay fan in Hide and Seek. (No, I originally didn't really like him, thanks to SG1.) Then I started picking up the vibes and found the months between The Storm and The Eye agony. Then The Eye bonked me over the head and dragged me away.

That little bit in Sanctuary is what finally put me over the top into hardcore shipper mode. It's not every ship that gets me onto the web, let alone writing fic.

I don't choose ships, they choose me...

Comment

Banners for 4th caption contest

Entries in one email, no image linking, can have more than one caption per banners but please number captions to appropriate banner number- please use subject of email as "Caption Contest #4"

Closing date for entries is 11pm GMT of Friday 29th April.

Comment

Working...
                                X