Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by not so ancient
    Find some good music and a cup of something you like to drink - tea, coffee, water - and just let the words go.
    Second little note - The Doves are great to write McWeir to. music vids for them might help too

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
      Need motivation from you peeps to carry on with my new epic McWeir fic which is already 50 pages long and barely started. Heeeeeelp!!!!

Luce x
      Wow, and I have trouble with 500 words!

Good advice posted so far. I'll add some tips that help me:

-Try making a simple outline of the story. What characters are going to be involved? How will the plot progress? What are the characters feeling and how will this affect their reactions to the events? How are things going to end? Start small and then flesh out details as you go.

-Like not so ancient said, just try dumping words on a page without worrying too much about quality. I find it easier to write dialog first and then go back to add descriptions and thoughts.

-Music also can help. The Doves is indeed excellent background music for writing. I also like ambient, simple music to keep me from getting distracted.

-Take some time off the story and enjoy some Atlantis stuff. Watch eps or vids. Look through all the lovely screencaps. Bum through the message boards, both the McKay/Weir thread as well as others. Sometimes you can find a bunny to help finish the story in the least obvious places.

-Take some time off Atlantis completely. Watch other shows, go to the movies, read a book, go out and enjoy the spring weather. This allows you to clear your mind and potentially any writer's block so you can return to writing refreshed.

Here's a nice pic for motivation (still one of my favorites!)

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
        The wooded valley below the slope where the Stargate stood was in its full autumn glory. Fiery red and gold leaves blazed against a blue sky, or broke loose from their trees and danced along in the cool, brisk breeze. Rodney pulled his jacket's zipper higher, and for a moment, could imagine himself on any number of crisp Canadian mornings. Then reality came crashing back in on him as he....

TBC.....
        ...found himself looking at a creature that would have stumped any Earth zoologist. Two long furry ears trailed the ground as it walked on stumpy hind legs that were scaled and clawed like a bird's, having wings and a beak as well. However, the rest of the body was covered in the same tawny fur as the ears.

tbc....
        I don't need no stinkin' sig...and yet I made one anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
          Yaaaaay! MurdocsAngel is here! Now I can ship AND bug you for updates all in the same place! {Hint, Hint} Don't worry everytime I bug you, I'll give you a green jello block of love! With that said...when you gonna update The Journal and M.A. on Atlantis? Liked your response to the challenge. Yours too Purpleyin. Speaking of Fic challenges, I'm still waiting to read one with McKay tied up. Wait, maybe that was from the thunk thread....won't matter what thread it was in if its Weir who does it, right?
          I'm currently writing on chapter 3 of MA on Atlantis...for some reason the purple dress scene isn't coming off right...

As for the Journal...I have part of another entry done, but Rodney's POV is escaping me for some reason. *scowls at McKay* Come back into my head!

And you don't have to give me green jello for bugging me, I like being bugged...it means people really want to read my stuff

McKay tied up...there are sooo many ways that could go...maybe I'll write something (for the sister group of course )

Comment

Originally posted by MurdocsAngel
            ...found himself looking at a creature that would have stumped any Earth zoologist. Two long furry ears trailed the ground as it walked on stumpy hind legs that were scaled and clawed like a bird's, having wings and a beak as well. However, the rest of the body was covered in the same tawny fur as the ears.

tbc....
            ..."What the hell is that?!" Rodney exclaimed.
            Teyla gave him a look before replying, "It is a hoklan, one of the many native creatures of Halari." It'd been one of those rare days when Teyla had little patience, he didn't like to think why though.
            "They dangerous?" he asked, crouching down about a metre from it...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              Jeez, you two sure posted those challenge fics fast. I've only begun working on mine! For that matter, most challenges are distant memories by the time I post my contribution...

Well, you see...I pretty much just write the first thing that pops into my head, and since the challenge was pretty broad, that's what came of it.

I'm really a terrible writer, you see. No worries over little details like plot or theme or metaphors...foreshadowing? Pfft, who needs it

Comment

Beautiful banner! I love it!!!!

Comment

Need motivation from you peeps to carry on with my new epic McWeir fic which is already 50 pages long and barely started. Heeeeeelp!!!!

Luce x
                  Fifty pages? Barely started? Woohoo! It looks like it'll certainly be something to read then!

I'll go along with what everyone else has advised, because most of it's what I do when I write (and I can barely make 2000 words...)

Comment

Fifty pages? Barely started? Woohoo! It looks like it'll certainly be something to read then!

I'll go along with what everyone else has advised, because most of it's what I do when I write (and I can barely make 2000 words...)
                    I think ff.net says my usual chapter count is 3,300. but scarily I checked up on a Harry Potter story of mine (1 of 3 and unfinished trio) and I saw for the first time it was 63,000 words! Fanfic is scary in that amount. At least 2-3000 is keeping it simple and normal.

Oh wait I was meant to stop posting so much...oops.

Comment

It's like a huge, epic, mcweir, angsty, babyfic type thing. Huge and very angsty with lotsa Rodney and Liz...and Teyla and Bates...and Carson...

Luce x

Comment

Captions contest 3 now over!

And apologies to mari4212 - your captions entries got lost in my inbox since the email was named captions rather than captions 3 or the such...oops.
                        (So remember people all entries in 1 email, no linked pictures! and subject should read "Caption Contest #..." - that way it's so much easier for me to not lose it - I get up to 100 emails on any one day so my inbox gets full and hard to search!)

Behind every leader is a snarky genius by me

Hands off my man!! by hollyshannensangel

Step away from my coffee by hollyshannensangel

"Ah, but you see, I have an evil plan." by rodlox

"Mmmmm, donuts." by mermaidb2seeker

"Ha! Our opening titles are better than yours, Sergeant!" by Iona

"Wait, why is Kavanaugh participating in this beauty pagent?" by MA

Ignore him and maybe he’ll go away by hollyshannensangel

A mystery she wouldn't mind unravelling by me

Oh God that’s what she’ll look like a couple of years by hollyshannensangel

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          I think ff.net says my usual chapter count is 3,300. but scarily I checked up on a Harry Potter story of mine (1 of 3 and unfinished trio) and I saw for the first time it was 63,000 words! Fanfic is scary in that amount. At least 2-3000 is keeping it simple and normal.

I wish I could write 63,000 words...once I'm able to do that, I believe I will then be able to tackle an original novel.

And you can't stop posting so much...it's too addictive

Comment

It's like a huge, epic, mcweir, angsty, babyfic type thing. Huge and very angsty with lotsa Rodney and Liz...and Teyla and Bates...and Carson...

Luce x
                            Bates! There's nowhere near enough fic with Bates in it! *snuggles Bates*

Of course, I also like Kavanaugh...weird person that I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              How long did it take you to write all of that?!

Yes you were! Shame! Back to work! Ignore my last question! (I can't blame you though, I had a presentation last week and I couldn't stop posting. Damn GW, must be feeding me crack or something...)

...babyfic? Wassat?
                              And are we talking Teyla and Bates or...Teyla/Bates? Because the latter is awfully interesting, and even has its own thread if I'm not mistaken!

Great job again everyone on all the captions. Looking forward to caption contest number 4...(I completely forgot about the last one! )

Comment

couldn't let this thread slip down to page 2

Been looking at lotsa McWeir pics from The Storm.....Mmmmm!
                                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Working...
                                X