No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted to say a big thanks to dahan and mandy for being in the live chat with me today/tonight.

Comment

[dahan] 1:27 am:
      [The Cabin]: HyperCaz has left at 1:28 am
      [dahan] 1:28 am: I'm out too Mandy, I'm going to post the chatlog so do you have anything to say before I do?
      [Mandy] 1:28 am: i´ll leave too, see you at the next rewtch
      [dahan] 1:29 am: well spoken
      Last edited by dahan; 11 July 2010, 12:32 AM.
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

We certainly had fun and enjoyed a fantastic beginning to what was an incredible show.

Stayed tuned for a TBA rewatch of "Hide and Seek" maybe even a double feature?
        For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Alright everyone, tell us your favourite moments in this episode.

In terms of ship, I love the closeness they already seem to have established prior to the pilot. There are many times through "Rising" that they stand close together, but the scene that particular stands out to me is when Elizabeth is standing by the gate, waiting for her people to come back. Rodney tells her she made the right decision, very quickly, but it seems to his way of reassuring her... and showing his trust in her decision-making. It was pointed out during our live chat that when John gave Rodney an order, he baulked as opposed to following Elizabeth's orders.

Anyone want to add their "Rising" thoughts?

Comment

apparently I lost my subscription to this thread! (I was over in sanctuary land not paying any attention...)

Sorry I missed the discussions, and alas, unless you guys can agree on a different day/time that works, I don't think I'll be able to catch another one any time soon (what about saturday morning instead?)

my favorite parts of rising??
            teasing!

(also in the SGC gateroom)

and "you did the right thing..." ^^

Comment

David is going to be at DragconCon this year! I'm so excited, I think I'm going to get him to sign a pic of McKay and Weir and hope Torri comes back to DC sometime so I can get her to sign it too.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

'Caz has already started a thread for a possible re-watch of "Hide and Seek" at Central. We're suppose to be discussing scheduling there. I actually wouldn't mind a double feature personally.

However I think we *might* need the spyware/malware warnings to go away fully before we should attempt it as many people seem to be spooked.

Personally, I've exposed myself to it many times have have caught nothing (multiple scans by different software). PY herself has said that it is likely an outdated flavor of malware/spyware given how she hasn't been able to overhual Central in so long. Here's hoping as more people would make it way more fun. Maybe we'll even redo "Rising" again. It actually made me go re-watch SG-1's "New Order" again simply for the humor from Weir! Seriously watch "New Order" and "Rising" back-to-back and it's very fun (kind of like watching the Star Wars series all sequentially).

On a side note, as the conventions get closer and pass our fav SGA stars seem to be trading jabs on twitter. It's kind of fun to read!

Comment

hihi everyone! it's been so long since i've been on gateworld, but i'm here now *hugs mcweir*

a live chat while watching the eps? i'm up for that
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

BUMP! so recently someone's been chatting with me at deviantart on my old mcweir art... they're new to the ship and it's like it's 2005 again chatting with them! maybe I should re-upload some of my old vids!

Comment

started a new game
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                        BUMP! so recently someone's been chatting with me at deviantart on my old mcweir art... they're new to the ship and it's like it's 2005 again chatting with them! maybe I should re-upload some of my old vids!
                        You mean they aren't available right now??? You MUST reload them then! You had one of my favorites... gosh, it's eluding me right now, but it was a Lifehouse song... When I get home, I'll have to look it up, it's saved on my computer!

Every once in a while I'll catch an ep on a rerun and I'll have waves of nostalgia at the good shipping times. We were the little ship that could. There was always the bickering between the Shep/Weir and the Shep/Teyla people as to who was canon, and then there was McWeir. We'd just sit back, watching the back and forth, with our little sweet smile, and once and a while we'd just smack our head with our hands and shout, "IT'S JUST THERE!"

Comment

my fondest mcweir memories are the people tho! I miss folks at mcweir.com!

actually, the vids might all still be up at mcweir.com! I'd have to check at some point when I'm not at work

Comment

yo ho yo ho a shippers life for me!!

Comment

With Rodney showing up in next week's Universe episode, it got me thinking

Spoiler for Universe:
                              Spoiler:
                              If Rodney (or anyone for that matter) can figure out how to transfer consciousnesses into bodies, then they could go back for repli!weir and zap her out of the replicator body and put her into a human body again.

It would be a neat fanfic at any rate.

Speaking of fanfic, does anyone have any good McWeir recommendations of late? I haven't really been in the fanfic scene for awhile but I'm always up for good ones.

Comment

oh really? I might watch that episode. Tho I guarantee I won't be expecting a whole lot :\

it does sound like a good fic! tho since I don't usually read fic, I don't know if there's anything new out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X