X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by in circles
    Here's the wallpaper. I just edited the original because I'm lazy like that

Ooooh, I love it!! I'm stealing it!!!
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Here's the second one.

Edit: Got rid of the white line around the gate that was bugging me

Love it, love it, love it! I wish I could do neat stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
        Speaking of habits. Does Weir have any habits that you've noticed? I know McKay has several "habits." (finger snapping, waving his hands about when talking, interrupting some one when they're talking) but has anyone picked up on Weir?
        She folds her hands a lot. You know, interlaces the fingers in a sort of grasping/praying position. I noticed it because I do the same thing.

I also noticed that when she gets excited, she tends to talk slow and paced. I think that comes from her days as a diplomat.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          I'll bite on that one:

He continued to grin, oblivious to the volcanic anger building inside her.

Elizabeth's hands clenched around the power cord. "I swear, Rodney, if you point that finger in my face one more time," she growled, glaring at him.

"What? You're going to throw me in the brig? Don't make me laugh." He turned away from her in an exaggerated display of disgust.

She creeped up behind him, holding the cord taunt...

Oh! That's great! More! I'd love to help but I get as far as the idea. I wish I could write the characters and keep it near canon but alas, I usually screw it up. If I can think of a decent tag to your lovely beginning I'll add on.
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Ok, I watched Home again, and I noticed that whenever she would smile at one of John's comments she would squint her eyes like she was humoring him but didn't really think he was a funny as he thought he was. Whenever she would smile at one of Rodney's comments her eyes were wide open like she was excited about everything he said and did.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
              OMG!!! i missed a lot wow!! those pics and wallpapers are gorgeous!!! *snags the wallpaper*

any chance i could get a sheyla one
              Get me some screencaps and I can have a go at one.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - life has been hectic.

Caption contest #3 polls now up
                http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/poll/cc3.html

Voting ends Wednesday 20th April.

Comment

Get me some screencaps and I can have a go at one.
                  ooh! *hugs* awesome! will do

and, uh.... back on topic... caption contest?? coolies *off to vote*

Comment

Okay, I was going to wait to post this, but because everyone is already talking about Home I'm going to chip in...with a lot...

Spoiler:

In order of episode appearance:
                    -The briefing at the beginning of the ep. Loved how Elizabeth asked if what Rodney was going to do was risky, and he automatically assumed that she was worried about him instead the DHD device ("I'll be fine"). Also caught that the final person that she looked at when the briefing ended was Rodney. I also saw what aaobuttons reported earlier; how her eyes tend to be wide when listening/talking to Rodney while more closed when talking to Sheppard.

-Nice little quiet, thoughtful "good luck" from Elizabeth when Rodney was offworld. Loved how she smiled when he quipped "back in time for supper", so like a couple. She also had a small smile when he contacted them the second time to report the success.

-I'm still not entirely sure if the Elizabeth and Rodney from the briefing with Hammond are real. I'm sure Elizabeth is, and I'm practically positive that Rodney is also real, since he's also adamant about dealing with the Wraith problem, but he may be fake. If he's real, why is that the only time they see the real versions of each other? Do you think that the mist aliens were worried that they would be able to work together and figure out the ruse faster? Maybe they thought introducing fake versions of the other would slow down any realization that the world was false. Also, it just seemed so natural for those two to report to Hammond. I've always seen Elizabeth and Rodney as the true, original leaders of the Atlantis expedition with Sheppard only joining the fray when they realize the potential of his genes.

-Interesting how Elizabeth doesn't see anyone else from the Atlantis team except Rodney and Rodney only sees her. It appears that they believe that they went through the gate together and left the others behind, while Sheppard and Teyla thought they went through together. Why was Teyla paired with Sheppard and Elizabeth with Rodney?

-At Rodney's apartment, it was interesting that he was quite casual around Elizabeth, even though he was walking around in his boxers. Maybe it's a sign of how comfortable he is around her. Maybe he's preoccupied with his upcoming date...

-After Hammond tells Elizabeth that she's been pulled off Atlantis she immediately seeks out Rodney to vent. Interesting how both of them are completely shocked when the fake version of the other doesn't want to figure out what's going on. Almost like they are so used to the other backing them up and working/fighting together at each other's side. Also, the inconsistencies displayed by the fake Rodney help Elizabeth realize the truth. ("The Rodney McKay I know...") She must know him relatively well to pick out those flaws.

-When the mist alien reveals itself the first thing that Elizabeth does is look back at the fake Rodney. When she sees that he's gone, she immediately asks the alien where the real Rodney is.

-When they wake up on the real mist world, Elizabeth automatically looks at Rodney, almost to confirm he is indeed there?

Oh and not McKay/Weir, but Sheppards little smirk when he turns away from the girl in the pool is easily one of his funnier moments.

Comment

Had a slight problem with banners 22 and 24 - I think only aobut 6 people had voted by the time I fixed it but anyone who did will need to revote

Comment

Okay, I was going to wait to post this, but because everyone is already talking about Home I'm going to chip in...with a lot...
                        Spoiler:

-I'm still not entirely sure if the Elizabeth and Rodney from the briefing with Hammond are real. I'm sure Elizabeth is, and I'm practically positive that Rodney is also real, since he's also adamant about dealing with the Wraith problem, but he may be fake. If he's real, why is that the only time they see the real versions of each other? Do you think that the mist aliens were worried that they would be able to work together and figure out the ruse faster? Maybe they thought introducing fake versions of the other would slow down any realization that the world was false. Also, it just seemed so natural for those two to report to Hammond. I've always seen Elizabeth and Rodney as the true, original leaders of the Atlantis expedition with Sheppard only joining the fray when they realize the potential of his genes.
                        Spoiler:
                        Exactly.to me even rewatching they both seemed real there. It was only once they'd been told about not going back that they started seeing the other versions for definite. It would make sense though because what point is them being separate until they want to use the divide and conquer strategy. There's also the fact we know they can have 2 people sharing a reality as Teyla did with Sheppard. And I always think of Sheppard and Weir as two leaders but very separate somehow in terms of duty, and with her still as overall leader but that Rodney is her left hand man, almost equal - to back her up and keep her informed (seen by the in the loop thing in Brotherhood when Zelenka takes up Rodney's role whilst he's offworld).

Spoiler:

-Interesting how Elizabeth doesn't see anyone else from the Atlantis team except Rodney and Rodney only sees her. It appears that they believe that they went through the gate together and left the others behind, while Sheppard and Teyla thought they went through together. Why was Teyla paired with Sheppard and Elizabeth with Rodney?
                        Spoiler:
                        A sign from TPTB?

Spoiler:

-At Rodney's apartment, it was interesting that he was quite casual around Elizabeth, even though he was walking around in his boxers. Maybe it's a sign of how comfortable he is around her. Maybe he's preoccupied with his upcoming date...
                        Spoiler:
                        I'd say his date was on his mind, followed quickly by the bad news - maybe if he wasn't thinking of either preoccupying things then he may have been embarassed or flustered - hard to because we've not seen him in a similar situation yet. But he does drop it all, the date too, when he hears there's a problem for him to solve. Maybe some of that is motivated by if they don't get back he probably won't get to work with her...loss of situation under which their friendship exists...?

Spoiler:

-After Hammond tells Elizabeth that she's been pulled off Atlantis she immediately seeks out Rodney to vent. Interesting how both of them are completely shocked when the fake version of the other doesn't want to figure out what's going on. Almost like they are so used to the other backing them up and working/fighting together at each other's side. Also, the inconsistencies displayed by the fake Rodney help Elizabeth realize the truth. ("The Rodney McKay I know...") She must know him relatively well to pick out those flaws.
                        Spoiler:
                        Probably why they were paired - because they know each other well, but ironically they'd have been better off putting pairings differently - except that obviously it was done in terms of who they'd expect to go through with... after all shep and weir cant both go through since Atlantis needs a leader BUT why Rodney? unless its because she'd want him there not only to explain but back her up/support her.

Spoiler:

-When they wake up on the real mist world, Elizabeth automatically looks at Rodney, almost to confirm he is indeed there?
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, and weren't they lying next to each other on the ground too?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          Sorry for the delay - life has been hectic.

Caption contest #3 polls now up
                          http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/poll/cc3.html

Voting ends Wednesday 20th April.
                          Hee hee hee...

"I'm not complaining, but when you said we were going to meet your family..."

"Ha! Our opening titles are better than yours, Sergeant!"

HA!

And you got a new homepage! Sweet!

Comment

Hee hee hee...

"I'm not complaining, but when you said we were going to meet your family..."

"Ha! Our opening titles are better than yours, Sergeant!"

HA!

And you got a new homepage! Sweet!
                            Yep. got some good ones there especially for the rodney with a gun banner from defiant one.
                            As for the homepage - yep, brand spanking new (hacked together and buggy to me but..) and a place for my vids to rest now! It has a Mcweir vid page...and I'm going to sort out putting my fics up there sometime but probably only when I redo the site better in php. Nice practice for building the main site...anyway, off to write some fic so that I actually have something in the fanfic friday post for once - got 3 or so nearly finished stories to type up.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              ...anyway, off to write some fic so that I actually have something in the fanfic friday post for once - got 3 or so nearly finished stories to type up.
                              Well, the main reason why I started the friday post was so shippers could find fics and read and review them. This leads to happier authors which leads to more McKay/Weir stories which leads to a happier peanut.
                              But I never thought that the post could be seen as a sort of deadline. Still, if it means more stories for me to read so much the better. Yay, I look forward to reading yours!
                              Oh, and my XP machine is up and running, so I think I'm going to go watch some much delayed vids...

Comment

Well, the main reason why I started the friday post was so shippers could find fics and read and review them. This leads to happier authors which leads to more McKay/Weir stories which leads to a happier peanut.
                                But I never thought that the post could be seen as a sort of deadline. Still, if it means more stories for me to read so much the better. Yay, I look forward to reading yours!
                                Oh, and my XP machine is up and running, so I think I'm going to go watch some much delayed vids...
                                Don't worry I know it's not a deadline and I don't think of it as such but I'm feeling I should have gotten them out sooner anyway. Had a few on my mind for weeks and practically finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X