: There you are.
        : There I am
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Another McWeir vid on youtube:

Missing Each Other by auntnora:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A8O8ZyCsaA
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

It's time for the McKay/Weir Central Season 2 banner caption contest batch 2!

You have two weeks from now (until April 21st) to submit captions for the following banners. You can submit up to 3 captions per banner, but please keep in mind how much room there is on the banner when composing them - some don't have enough room for anything too lengthy. Thanks to nebulan and dahan for the banners.

Please email your captions (plus the number of the banner they go with!) to alienforce at gmail.com by the 21st April 2008 - make sure to put "S2 M/W Banner captions - Batch 2" in the subject line and include the name you want credit to go to, as well as your website/lj/etc to be linked to should your caption win. Voting on what caption for each banner will be public and commence shortly after the deadline on the caption submission.
            Spoiler:

Comment

At McWeir.com we're wondering about the website hosting a competition and if anyone would be interested in taking part. There's two different possibilities for this.

It'd be good to have new skins for both the Central site and the archive. Obviously creating skins would require knowledge/willingness to learn CSS and HTML, plus some graphics work and I didn't know how many people here would want to give it a go.

Another competition option would be for a NaNoWriMo style event but writing M/W fic with winners then publicly voted on at the site. Potentially over a 2 month period where people could do one novella or novel length (or two novellas if they like, or even two novels if they really wish). Two months instead of one because the emphasis isn't just to be on quantity but reasonable quality too since they'll be voted on. Anything not published (either online or in a zine) should be eligible, so if someone has a lengthy WIP on their harddrive it gives the motivation to finish it off and get it up. First thoughts would be June/July or July/August or maybe even August/September as there might be more people able to participate in the summer with holidays, especially for any of the various M/W fans who are students or teachers.

Prizes would consist of DVD Boxsets/iTunes season pass (giving people choice of season) and for runners up probably something like soundtrack, season guide book or one of the fandemonium novels - unless anyone has any other suggestions. In either case people would have some choice of what they get based on a few pre-defined choices.

I think entry would have to be restricted to people of legal adult age in their country since obviously sending items would need a postal address.

What do people think?

Comment

I like the ideas.

I'd like to try my hand on the NaNoWriMo event. I've heard about it, but never thought I'd have the time. Course I could write something in a month if I get my butt in gear.
                sigpic

Comment

I know some about CSS and HTML and might be willing to work with someone. I can photoshop and everything but I'm afraid I can't participate by myself because I have no design skills, lol! McWeir.com looks perfect to me as it is! so if someone doesn't know CSS or HTML but can whip up a design in photoshop/gimp, maybe we can work up something together?

Comment

Well, it looks like some people have a preference for summer and others fall, so there could perhaps be June/July and another then September/October for the novel(la) writing contest - with judging in August and November I should think. Depends on how many people would be likely to enter for each.

The design contest I thought needs a bit longer by itself June-August maybe? And yeah, Neb, joint entries are fine, you just need to know how you want to sort out any prizes.

Comment

i like the idea of a novella, i have an idea i've been tinkering with for a while, this could be the motivation i need to get cracking!

my vote is for the september/october entry, mostly coz i'm trying to get back to uni and *fingers crossed* the semester starts in June so i hope to be busy around that time
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I've been pondering it and come up with a possible plan for allowing different times for entries. It might seem a bit complicated to read over but I think most of it's only for the organisers to worry about - everyone just signs up for when they want. And to get artists and vidders interested we'd do accompanying vids/art to illustrate the submissions, with Best Art and Best Vid prizes as well as Best Novel and Best Novella.

Round 1 – long haul novels July-October
                        Round 2 - first long haul novella's July-August
                        Round 3 - first speedy novella's July
                        Round 4 - first fast novel's July-August
                        Round 5 - second speedy novella's August
                        Round 6 - first accompanying art and vid assignments
                        Round 9 - second long haul novella September-October
                        Round 8 - third speedy novella's September
                        Round 9 - second fast novel's September-October
                        Round 10 - fourth and last speedy novella's October
                        Round 11 – second accompanying art and vid assignments

Comment

sounds cool, thanks for setting it up!
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

oh no! how did we get to page 4?!

sooooo Anyone live close enough to Baltimore to go to shore leave 30?? DH will be there

Fifi, PY, were you the ones that made the mcweir badges? got any more of those we can buy off ya?

heeeey... this is my 7800th post .. O_o

oh... hey... (ghost in the machine)
                            Spoiler:
                            Apparently there's a good Radek/McKay scene in GitM (as well as Shrine), but the one in GitM strikes my attention... does that mean it's going to be like This Mortal Coil? McKay is almost going to get his Liz back... but he won't, and maybe FINALLY talks to Radek about it? I'm guessing not, but it's an interesting thought... to me.
                            http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/505.shtml ... I think. maybe he was talking about Shrine.
                            Last edited by nebulan; 22 April 2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

haha neb thanks for reposting that pic. Everytime I see it, fond memories spring to mind. Many others and I had always wondered where McKay's right hand was in that pic (you have to admit, it is suspicious). And I always remember during the BOBW con shouting out to David Hewlett as he held the pic - "WHERE'S THE HAND?"

After initial confusion, he inspected the picture and wondered, "Where is my hand?"

ha.

I was thinking McWeirish thoughts (with a side order of fries) in Kindred Pt 2, when you-know-who brought up Weir. The look on Rodney's face... was... undisguised hurt imo. Like someone had hit him in the face with a brick or something... lol...

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                                haha neb thanks for reposting that pic. Everytime I see it, fond memories spring to mind. Many others and I had always wondered where McKay's right hand was in that pic (you have to admit, it is suspicious). And I always remember during the BOBW con shouting out to David Hewlett as he held the pic - "WHERE'S THE HAND?"

After initial confusion, he inspected the picture and wondered, "Where is my hand?"

ha.

I was thinking McWeirish thoughts (with a side order of fries) in Kindred Pt 2, when you-know-who brought up Weir. The look on Rodney's face... was... undisguised hurt imo. Like someone had hit him in the face with a brick or something... lol...
                                Lol! that's so great!

crop this picture some more and maybe we can be saying that about elizabeth

Comment

Working...
                                X